It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of the Death Scream..... FACT OR FICTION???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It is known in many different forms and by many different names. Death knock, Death Scream, the legend of the banshee, or even the kachina in indian folklore. They are rumored to be a precursor to prepare you to hear about the death of someone close to you. Has anyone had any experiences with this sort of thing if so share stories here. and do you believe in it or not? friendly debate is encouraged but no disrespect please.

as always on my threads negative comments will be ignored.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I'm not sure if this is what your talking about or not, but as a child I'd know to the moment when my Grandmother passed. Funny thing is, I didn't know it happened until the following morning. However, I had such an intense feeling of dread and imbalance overwhelm me I'd made a point of mentioning it to my mother. As an imaginative kid in California, I thought maybe an Earthquake coming. The next morning I was able to figure back the times after learning the news and it was pretty well to the minute since she'd been attended when passing and I definitely noted the time when the feeling passed over me.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The Vulcan Death Grip?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

i have the unfortunate experience of people close to me dying, but i cannot recall any precursor to the news. doesn't mean i didn't see a banshee and assume it was a homeless crack pot. i've seen homeless people do some odd things.

i can think of many more times, however, where a seemingly random event in retrospect will appear to have "saved" myself or someone close to me from some amount of peril.... i.e. last week i forgot my keycard for entry into my work, put me about 10 minutes behind schedule as i had to park my car outside of my apartment and run up and grab it, only to be held up in traffic after a pileup on the freeway i take to work. ambulances, firetrucks, no idea if there were casualties or not but it could have been me. i guess if i take the leap and believe that was an act of some kind of divine force rather than just luck or chance, its that much easier to believe in the death scream.

back to the death scream....

what is it called when someone gives a certain relevance or importance to a random event that seems to link up in retrospect? i.e. if i had seen a very odd homeless person screaming because someone would not give them some coins, then later that day had received news of my girlfriend's untimely death, and convinced myself the banshee was screaming at me?

personally the most interesting part of this debate would be that point right there. is calling it chance ignoring the truth of the existence of the death scream to those who are more susceptible to the paranormal? or is the death scream something experienced as the result of mental issues? what say you?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The death scream or "legend of the banshee" is a tale of a real Human instinct. When a Human is in danger or is faced with certain death, he/she will let out an all mighty scream. The death scream isn't the same as an ordinary scream, if you have heard it you know what I mean. It works as a three fold mechinism, defensive, alertive and pain relief.

Defensive; scary or jumping the attacker. Allowing for get away time.

Alertive; To alert others to either come to your aid or run.

Pain relief; The scream trigger endorphins release.

So you can see where the story came from.

ALS

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is similar but different to the death scream. The death scream is an audible scream that is heard before being advised of a loved ones passing. I have heard different stories about it in different forms so what you are describing is similar to it just is more a fealing than hearing somethin

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

The Vulcan Death Grip?

please elaborate

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527

Originally posted by JennaDarling

The Vulcan Death Grip?

please elaborate

it's when you face-palm so hard you kill yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhawk724

personally the most interesting part of this debate would be that point right there. is calling it chance ignoring the truth of the existence of the death scream to those who are more susceptible to the paranormal? or is the death scream something experienced as the result of mental issues? what say you?

I personally have never heard the death scream but my dad and my uncle both claim to have had experiences with it, both of which are hard skeptics on anything paranormal. however both swear they have had experiences with it

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The only real Death scream I ever heard about was when my Grandfather told me a story about the Gurkha's in the war. He said they would know they were passing them on a trail at night because they would silently work their way past a battalion, and occasionally someone would feel a hand over their lapels. Sometimes they would hear, "Aussie" muttered softly in the dark. When they made camp at bunkers not far from enemy bunkers the next afternoon they settled in until nightfall. Many soldiers were scared half to death when early the next morning they heard blood curdling screams. The Gurkha's had swept through the enemy bunkers and slit the throats of all in them except one man. Upon waking the one guy left alive in his bunker screamed. I imagine that would be as close to a bean sidhe wail as it gets.

What is interesting about the bean sidhe or banshee is that she was also known as the washer woman, the woman of the hill and woman of the mound or woman/fairy of the mound. It is possible, these hills or mounds were where people went to grieve the passing of loved ones and where the legend of the wailing comes. Just a note that some old Celtic songs mention a woman engaged to wail at funerals to alleviate grieving families and to sing the departed to his next life.

Traditionally, when a person died a woman would sing a lament (in Irish: caoineadh, [ˈkɰiːnʲə] or [ˈkiːnʲuː], "caoin" meaning "to weep, to wail") at the funeral. These women are sometimes referred to as "keeners" and the best keeners would be in much demand.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

Excellent stuff thanks for shareing with the rest of us and for the snippet of research you brought to the topic thank you agian
interesting story about your grandfather as well

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ive had a similiarly strange experience ... last year on sept 11 i was in arizona living with a new family i had been taken in by and i had been there for about a month ... i had not had any contact with family back home in TN ... well all was well and we were all hanging out having fun playing darts and a few minutes after 10 p.m. i just instantly got extremely sick ... vomitting,headache,anxiety,and vertigo to the point where i had to lay down and fall asleep ... the next morning when i woke up the mother of this family i was with said my mom had called and i needed to call her ... i did and she tells me that my papa had died last night at 10:10 ... whats stranger is the last time i talked to my papa which had been a few months before ... is that i was telling him bye bc i was about to go to california for a while ... well i broke down crying and told him that it was the last time hed see me and he toldd me he loved my brother and I(which NEVER happens) ... idk it just always was strange how that night felt because i knew something bad was wrong

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
oh wow that is some pretty trippy stuff right there, did u think it culd be somethin like tht when u got sick or no clue?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
oh wow that is some pretty trippy stuff right there, did u think it culd be somethin like tht when u got sick or no clue?

NO i didnt really consider that it was a death at all but I do remember the absolute feeling of dread and sadness I had that night ... and it literally went from me just standing arond tlking in the den to almost like an extreme anxiety attack/nervousness ... and I never am anxious or worried about anything lol ... Ive had other equally strange experiences but this is bout the only one involving a close death

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

Though off-topic, I just have to say how sorry I am that you had to go through this.

Stay strong, fighter.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
reply to post by 42sadhu

Though off-topic, I just have to say how sorry I am that you had to go through this.

Stay strong, fighter.

well thank you but ive dealt with it ... it really sucked because i couldnt make it home for the funeral and my brother got mad at that and didnt talk to me until about 3 months ago ... anyways i meant it to be on-topic by relating to the death scream giving you a warning of a loved ones passing ... i guess it was more intuition than an actual banshee/scream per se

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
interesting thnks for shareing with the rest of us, even though sometimes it is hard to talk about such things.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The closest I have come to the death scream is something that happened a couple of years ago now.

Back in 2009 my then girlfriend and I were walking across the car park of one of the many supermarkets in the town in which we live and I heard what I thought was a low flying jet, I turned to look in the direction the sound came from and saw nothing but a lightly cloudy sky.

Later that day I had to call an Ambulance for her in which she started to turn blue due to a severe Asthma attack, She entered the local Hospital through Resuscitation where she died for a few minuets while the Emergency team fought to save her life. A fight they won thankfully for us both at the time, but she was never quite the same and our relationship took a long slow nose dive to its end.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
interesting one here never heard it described that way before. glad she made it but im sorry to hear it ended the way it did tho.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I've heard of many people experience a feeling of utter dread and fear the moment someone close to them dies. Even if the person is hundreds of miles away. In my opinion, I think it is a rare occurrence, but as we have a strong, emotional connection to the person who has died, we somehow...."catch on"(?) to their current state, and this is that "feeling of dread".

I've experienced this once myself last year when my best friend died. Minutes before I found out, I broke down in tears and drank almost half a litre of vodka which my boyfriend had in our kitchen. I don't drink, I'm teetotal.

This is my only experience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join