It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I've decided to use my looks to get a job, long legs and all. Why not?

page: 2
9
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I say more power to you, if you look good and know it can help you get a job use it your advantage why the hell not? Not like your sleeping your way up a corporate ladder or anything just because your flaunting looks doesn't affect your integrity at all, rock on!




posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just don't come complaining to us if you get treated like the object you desire to be because it didn't get you where you want to go.

Sad.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Just don't come complaining to us if you get treated like the object you desire to be because it didn't get you where you want to go.

Sad.


Sad is being "invisible" because of your age and experience, regardless of your looks. To use your looks to get "in" is sometimes necessary in this day and age. How many new college grads you know that can't find jobs? I know several; nieces and nephews that worked hard and took out student loans to obtain degrees and yet they work retail at the mall and are not able to find/obtain jobs in their chosen profession.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wow, well good luck I suppose. This post - well turns my stomach actually.
I dropped out of the University of Minnesota and joined the military where I had a real career for over 20 years, I left college because I was tired of the fake, surface quality and the the constant kegger lifestyle where everyone thought they would graduate and make big money - yeah right. I wanted to do something serious with my life. I wanted to be involved in serious endeavors. So I left college and entered the military. I never looked back and I sure didn't miss the beer smell of Territoral Hall.

Instead of some useless degree, I had a great career and serious success. I am attractive female with a great body from military physical fitness which I took to the extreme, my life was a "boot camp work out" experience if you catch my drift. I hid my body in Battle dress camo, thank you - it was not for the world and I never used it for advantage - I hid those assets to be taken seriously in an all male career field - and I was. Instead of idle chatter and flirtaion - I enjoyed the intellectual and physical stimulation of a kick butt career. It was a challenge every day - and I rose to it, and let me tell you sister there is nothing like it. I never used my looks or my body - I used my strength and my wits.

I will die a happy and satisfied woman because I never sold out. I didn't become Mrs. so and so soccer mom with a degree to marry Mr.Right. I didn't push my assets out for bigger tips or don orange shorts. No I strapped them down and strapped them in and I strapped combat boots on my feet and was the kind of person despite my gender that my brothers and sisters depended on to watch their backs.

Go ahead with your 40 something self and use what you got to get where you think you will - it will never pay off in the dividend of knowing you made a difference - you paid your dues, or the satisfaction of having others count of you. Why don't you use your MIND sister - and concentrate on making a contribution to society -

Work in hospice, teach someone to read, heal someone, protect someone, teach someone, help someone . . . because that is what makes a difference. Forget your legs, your boobs, your face or what ever part you think is gonna get you somewhere and make up for what you have yet to accomplish. It is what is inside that counts - you know it too - that is why you are a "cougar something" that still feels unaccomplished. You better get real.

edit on 15-8-2011 by LittleBirdSaid because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBirdSaid
Wow, well good luck I suppose. This post - well turns my stomach actually.
I dropped out of the University of Minnesota and joined the military where I had a real career for over 20 years, I left college because I was tired of the fake, surface quality and the the constant kegger lifestyle where everyone thought they would graduate and make big money - yeah right. I wanted to do something serious with my life. I wanted to be involved in serious endeavors. So I left college and entered the military. I never looked back and I sure didn't miss the beer smell of Territoral Hall.

Instead of some useless degree, I had a great career and serious success. I am attractive female with a great body from military physical fitness which I took to the extreme, my life was a "boot camp work out" experience if you catch my drift. I hid my body in Battle dress camo, thank you - it was not for the world and I never used it for advantage - I hid those assets to be taken seriously in an all male career field - and I was. Instead of idle chatter and flirtaion - I enjoyed the intellectual and physical stimulation of a kick butt career. It was a challenge every day - and I rose to it, and let me tell you sister there is nothing like it. I never used my looks or my body - I used my strength and my wits.

I will die a happy and satisfied woman because I never sold out. I didn't become Mrs. so and so soccer mom with a degree to marry Mr.Right. I didn't push my assets out for bigger tips or don orange shorts. No I strapped them down and strapped them in and I strapped combat boots on my feet and was the kind of person despite my gender that my brothers and sisters depended on to watch their backs.

Go ahead with your 40 something self and use what you got to get where you think you will - it will never pay off in the dividend of knowing you made a difference - you paid your dues, or the satisfaction of having others count of you. Why don't you use your MIND sister - and concentrate on making a contribution to society -

Work in hospice, teach someone to read, heal someone, protect someone, teach someone, help someone . . . because that is what makes a difference. Forget your legs, your boobs, your face or what ever part you think is gonna get you somewhere and make up for what you have yet to accomplish. It is what is inside that counts - you know it too - that is why you are a "cougar something" that still feels unaccomplished. You better get real.



edit on 15-8-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hey! Gonna bank on your assets? It's free to walk the streets!
(Tip: most people that will do the hiring of you will be younger than you, so you might not be as appealling to them as your mirror tells you.)



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Hey! Gonna bank on your assets? It's free to walk the streets!
(Tip: most people that will do the hiring of you will be younger than you, so you might not be as appealling to them as your mirror tells you.)


Guess what? I have financial assets, at my age: equity and annuities and all....not to mention cold, hard cash. And guess what? Most people that will do the hiring of you will be older than you, so you might not be as appealing to them as your mirror tells you....



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
Sad is being "invisible" because of your age and experience, regardless of your looks.


No, Sad is not knowing what to do with the age and experience one has gained, instead, relying on something that doesn't use anything of substance and thrives in a world of superficiality.


How many new college grads you know that can't find jobs?


None, this is France.


I know several; nieces and nephews that worked hard and took out student loans to obtain degrees and yet they work retail at the mall and are not able to find/obtain jobs in their chosen profession.


I guess the degrees they earned were for unrealistic things then and "choosing" something doesn't mean you will end up doing it unless you know the job's there to be had. Jobs from thin air eh?

Bad choices. Who's fault is that?



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wish I had nice long legs and big boobs.

Be nice to get a job reliant on nothing more than waking up and not being a ogre.

Do you think it'd work if I trimmed the beard? Actually, can that... I read that there are more men lodging sexual harrassment complaints in Australia than Woman these days. I'd be asking for it.




posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot
 


Your're in France....that about says it all. Different experience, perspective. But thanks for your input..



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
Down with tyranny.


I totally read that wrong the first time. I saw "down with tranny"

Which made me think, how does he/she know this about the OP?

Anyway,

OP, you should try to get a sales job at a high-end auto dealership. Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc. They like having some eye candy to dangle in front of their wealthy customers. Great commission, too. Don't know much about cars? Don't worry, neither do the people shopping at those places.
edit on 15-8-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba
 


Do as you will.

But I think LittleBirdSaid is right in a lot of ways, its better to be and do something more practical then all that mombo jombo that a lot of females are in to. But then again a lot of that stuff especially using looks to get places is practical stuff for the female gender.

So once again..... Do as yo will. Just remember looks and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder, so it wont be that hard to find what your looking for.



posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
People have been using their looks for thousands of years, both men and women, for advancement, whether they know it or not. Taller men get better jobs. That's how it works. Get over it.



edit on 8/16/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba
 


You put the Staples in upside down again!! I don't know...but, I'll let it slide again because of your other assets to the office.



posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I've often been told that i have lovely long legs and shapely calves, trouble is that they are really hairy and i have dangly goolies and a floppy winkle that poke out the bottom of a short skirt



posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

skalla
I've often been told that i have lovely long legs and shapely calves, trouble is that they are really hairy and i have dangly goolies and a floppy winkle that poke out the bottom of a short skirt


LMAO!! I bet there's at least one person on ATS that is turned on by that which you wrote! lol!! (and it ain't me!!) hahaha!



posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY
 


As long as they are offering an outrageous salary to eat cake and post crap on the net, i'm in!



posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla
 


Hhahahah!! Just keep checking your little envelope. (Not any from me though lol!!) You never know!!



posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY
 


rofl i may just put on ad on craigslist, it's sure thing


Sorry for dirtying up your thread OP



posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If you are a decent employee, then yes. But as a receptionist, using "cuz" may be contraindicative of such. Who knows.

Reading your post, however, reminds me of one thing: i am not a cougar....i make on brains alone. But there are many paths to the same place. Besides, its your mirror you have to be able to look into each morning (or each Zumba session
).



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join