It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've decided to use my looks to get a job, long legs and all. Why not?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I've decided to capitalize on my looks, being a "Cougar" and all, why not?" It's not like there is an enormous amount of job opportunities for 40-something ladies out there with a four year college degree, and a Liberal Arts degree to boot. So, why shouldn't I use my looks to go out there and get a job where I can get reimbursed for my looks? After all, I work out five, six days a week to stay in shape and take care of myself and I'm sorry, but the job market is not that great for receptionists, office work and the like. I'm thinking I'd be better off getting a bartending job flaunting my assets for good tips. I'd name my new position, Flirt Clerk II,or III, depending on my experience...
What has happened to the American dream cuz I'd sure like to know?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
I've decided to capitalize on my looks, being a "Cougar" and all, why not?" It's not like there is an enormous amount of job opportunities for 40-something ladies out there with a four year college degree, and a Liberal Arts degree to boot. So, why shouldn't I use my looks to go out there and get a job where I can get reimbursed for my looks? After all, I work out five, six days a week to stay in shape and take care of myself and I'm sorry, but the job market is not that great for receptionists, office work and the like. I'm thinking I'd be better off getting a bartending job flaunting my assets for good tips. I'd name my new position, Flirt Clerk II,or III, depending on my experience...
What has happened to the American dream cuz I'd sure like to know?

Id say any time you sacrifice your integrity , for the exploitation of your vanity..........

The cause is lost...........

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You're hired...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Pics...or it's not gonna happen!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Or..... go back to school and get a *real degree and use them *both to get what you want. Looks and brains, nothing wrong with using all assets.

edit on 15-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Use 'em while still got 'em girly!
Just don't let them use you!

What kind of job are you looking for? I remember looking for a server job at a local chain restaurant. They completely ignored me and ushered in all the twenty-something blonds, then told me the position was filled.

Good luck out there!
edit on 15-8-2011 by windword because: ?

edit on 15-8-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

I have a "real" degree from the U of Mn in English and one that I spent quite a bit of money to obtain, a BA and the first one to graduate from college in my family, of six kids. Just so frustrated because I'm "Wife" and "Mother" and my jobs have only been just that, "jobs." I'm thinking I've lost out on "career." I wrote this thread to be fascitious but yet, there is some truth to it, and to me, that's the sad part.
edit on 15-8-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I hope you understanding how you're making american women look on here... why the need to post something like that on this site? seriously?

edit: read your above post.Sorry.
its a shame that people even come to that conclusion. Down with tyranny.
edit on 15-8-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I wasn't dissing you at all, I was teasing a bit about the Lib. Arts degree (true, but I also have an undergrad. Lib. Arts degree) and so I get your pain...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
I hope you understanding how you're making american women look on here... why the need to post something like that on this site? seriously?

Because I'm not the only one who has to mesh career, mom, wife and survival in this day and age. It's not so easy...I'd like to meet one "superwoman" who can do it all brilliantly.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You wont be the first and you wont be the last
Use all your assets
You have a degree in English.Write a book
SI/fi..maybe ?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You will get a great job soon.

Hang in there...Hang on to your principles.

It's obvious you have a clever sense of humor.

Looks meant very little when I hired people.

PS. I am aware you can't eat principles...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Actually attractive people are seen as being more intelligent and having better work ethics. You can use your looks to a certain point but too much and you risk crossing from being an attractive intelligent woman into the dumb bimbo category. So look sharp and pretty but don't show too much leg or cleavage unless you're just after a job at Hooters.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

you rock on with your bad self. empowerment is liberating and fulfilling. although cosmetics should be low on the priority ladder when considering a potential new hire most people are well aware that personal looks come into play very heavily.

there are many fields where those that are not very attractive, well groomed and dressed won't even be considered. for instance, sales rep work is very cosmetic appeal oriented. the awkward, dorky, mousy, less than very attractive can apply but we both know they won't be first choice.

please do keep in mind that oozing cougar sexuality in a employment interview may easily backfire on you. over do it and you will be perceived as a tramp or a slut. or you will become a target for conquest and your time spent with that employer will include a personnel / human resources lech constantly sniffing your trail. the person interviewing you may be very family and/or church oriented -- and you may not get what you are after.

best of luck to you in landing a job you will enjoy having. hopefully there will be no regrets in how you got it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
You will get a great job soon.

Hang in there...Hang on to your principles.

It's obvious you have a clever sense of humor.

Looks meant very little when I hired people.

PS. I am aware you can't eat principles...

Hey thanks,
The occasional nice word helps in times of uncertainty, and lack of confidence in oneself after being out of the job market for so long. I know I have something to contribute and have an inkling of what I would like that to look like for me, it's the uncertainty that is stalling me. How do the rest of you ladies out there find your niche, your starting point, so to speak, that get's you off and running?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Pic? ...errmm... I mean resume! I am potentially hiring.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Absolutely, use your good looks while you still have them. Good looking people are perceived as smarter, nicer, and get paid more. This is a fact, a million studies back this up. If you are good looking you have an automatic advantage over everyone else. Well, except the better looking. But the majority which are the ugly are automatically below you.

You should get a job in sales. Any type of sales, good looking babes have automatic advantage. If you are empathetic and kind as well, and not TOO good looking where all other women hate you with envy, you have almost a slam dunk in any type of sales. Even if you are cold hearted and mercenary, it is even more of a slam dunk. Believe me, I know. You could make millions in a heartbeat. Go for it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Good luck on your quest, just be sure to draw that fine line in the sand and don't let some of these animals take advantage of your "assets". I live in LA (Hollywood) and believe me I've heard too many horror stories of women being manipulated and led on just because they were smoking hot.

Oh and I'm with Jude on this one, pics or it won't happen.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

just wow are you for real....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Anyone who has any problems with this.. is well... most likley ugly!

If you are able to get a job because you are good looking and qualified (or over qualified) then fair play to you!

i think its refreshing to see someone being honest... so many women do have a lower top ar a tighter skirt or some sexy glasses for an interview!! its about time someone openly admits there going to let there good looks help them get a job or a career....

This isnt to do with American women either, this is to do with all women, and men.. if you know you can do the job.. and you feel like you look good then there is no reason not try and use it to your advantage!!

Fair play and good luck!!!

Cougar status is always excellent in an employee!!

Ohh yeah... pic or it didnt/wont happen

edit on 15-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: Pic

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join