It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Krugman on CNN suggests a fake alien invasion to fix the economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The comments are about a minute into the video. Interesting that the guy who won the Nobel Prize in economics is bringing up the possibility of faking an alien invasion these days.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Already being discussed in the "Global Financial Meltdown" forum Click Here just tryin to help out

edit on 15-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Anything to justify infinite amounts of government spending. I guess such an event would require the governments of the world to spend far far more money than will ever exist. And that would be Krugman's ultimate dream realized.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I do not think that he honestly knows what kind of problems would occur if an "alien invasion" were to be staged. This would cause more of a worldwide panic rather than it would help the economy. You would have people commiting suicide just so that they wouldn't be turned into slaves by an alien force made up by soldiers. You would have major riots breakout in cities across the globe. Not to mention that with the riots, you would have looting going along with it. Therefore it would be putting a colossal strain on the emergency services that are trying to quell the violence, put out the fires, and helping the injured.

It's a bad idea no matter how you look at it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
wouldn't that destroy the economy, rather than fix it? You know many people would go berserk? Most are already crazy, faking an alien invasion would send everyone off the deep end. I have no clue how that would fix the economy, besides everyone rushing to the store to get food and other survival goods. And that wouldn't really fix the economy; it's as much of a fix as using a band-aid made out of poison ivy.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There sure has been a lot of talk about alien invasions on MSM lately.
We haven't had any kind of real disclosure yet. I keep thinking Project
Blue Beam.
And what Dr. Carol Rosin told us was confided in her by Werner Von Braun.
Dr. Carol Rosin

And the last card...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think his words are being taken far too seriously.. he was referring to an episode of the twilight zone, and said as much .. nevertheless, he's right at the root of what he's saying.. give the people something to do to help the economy.. even if it's digging a ditch and filling it back in .. ( another thing said in this spot ) ..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I think his words are being taken far too seriously.. he was referring to an episode of the twilight zone, and said as much .. nevertheless, he's right at the root of what he's saying.. give the people something to do to help the economy.. even if it's digging a ditch and filling it back in .. ( another thing said in this spot ) ..

Don't think his words are being taken seriously enough...he may have referred to an episode of Twilight Zone...but the point he was making is that such a thing is not beyond the scope of the government to script a false invasion and use the people of Amerika and the world to fix a problem that was brought about by a bunch of Capitol Hill Morons.

TPTB do not need to give We the People something to do....We need to give ourselves something CONSTRUCTIVE not DESTRUCTIVE to do...filling in holes just ain't gonna cut it....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Sort of like WWII you mean?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
As always, my hero- Paul Krugman hits the nail on the head.

Lets have everybody dressed to the nines and armed to the teeth!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
But what if they faked an alien invasion as "economic stimulus" and the real aliens took advantage of the confusion when people found out it was faked. That could be the easiest way to take over the planet.

I guess that they are really desperate for a "quick fix" if they are talking fake alien invasions as a strategy for economic stimulus.

I'm really trying to imagine how the different News Networks would play up the invasion. I doubt it would ever happen because the government would have too many lawsuits. Anyone who sold there house in panic or quit their job and headed for the hills.

edit on 16-8-2011 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
wouldn't that destroy the economy, rather than fix it? ...

Everything this nit-wit thinks is good, would destroy the economy.

Another example of the sad state of Nobel Prize-dom...stupid Keynesian...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i know he was only talking about a twilight episode but didnt "they" show 9/11 was going to happen in a episode of the x-files months in advance ,i think we all know thats how they do things drop little seeds in to the public consciousness .in the end we the common people will always be enslaved so whats it matter if its aliens/the elite or the dollar the deal is rotten and old black joe is still picking cotton .

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In the context this was just an example, however if you haven't, read Paul Krugmans The Great Unravelling, very good book.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Does he know something we don't....I think he just gave us a tip.
We need to buy up all the stock in companies that supply Alien repellent spray...
Oh GOODIE!!! I'm going to be rich!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join