It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was WTC7 meant to be hit by a plane ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Going on the assumption that WTC7 was rigged with explosives then, if the plan was to make sure the towers fell when a plane hit them, then why WTC7 if there was no guarantee that it would be badly damaged enough to make explosives look like the result of the attack ?

Was there another plane that didnt crash ?

Absolutely no idea if this idea has legs, nor have i done any research, it was just a passing thought.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well there was that plane that crashed in Pennsylvania...I imagine it was heading to WTC7.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There are much bigger targets than WTC7. Ive heard the White House and Washington Monument were both possible targets whoever pulled this off were aiming for.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Well there was that plane that crashed in Pennsylvania...I imagine it was heading to WTC7.

That was headed for the white house. Or so the official story goes anyway....

I know I know I just said something in support of the official story.

Don't be too harsh!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jstanthrno1
There are much bigger targets than WTC7. Ive heard the White House and Washington Monument were both possible targets whoever pulled this off were aiming for.

So why the explosives planted if it wasnt a target ? Maybe the White house was rigged to blow too....hhhmmmm

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

im sure that TPTB wanted to scale out the damage in our biggest metropolis. the more damage, the more powerful and dangerous the "terrorists" were portrayed.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

But, the evidence was in WTC-7 (Enron, for example).

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly

So why the explosives planted if it wasnt a target ? Maybe the White house was rigged to blow too....hhhmmmm

It was brought down because of all the files it held. The FBI was doing investigations on wall street and all of the illegal market manipulations that was going on. Just the same as the Pentagon was hit in the accounting department right after a couple of trillions dollars had gone missing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Ghost375

That was headed for the white house. Or so the official story goes anyway....

I know I know I just said something in support of the official story.

Don't be too harsh!

yeah, that part of the official story definitely sounds correct. But is there any evidence at all to suggest it's true?
I have no idea.
Anyone know what city that plane left from, where it went off course, and what direction it was heading when it crashed? Haha, if it was heading in the direction of New York, I think it's safe to say that's some very good evidence the official story is wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
WTF-7... sorry! I mean, WTC-7 was probably meant to be a causality from the rubble of the twin towers falling. However, since they both fell so perfectly downward and disintegrated into a fine dust building 7 was barely damaged. This would have caused your average individual to abandon taking it out because there was no real reason for it to collapse, but these maniacs stuck to the plan and knocked it down anyway. Then, they covered it up with some BS story like it was structurally weak and had some generator fires.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The building footings on WT7 were substandard with respect to the footings on The Twin Towers.

One of the key elements of the site of the WT buildings seems to be overlooked by deniers and truthers alike.

The entire area is an engineers nightmare due to the waterlogged land.

When the Twin Towers were built there was a massive engineering project to solve the problem of building the two massive skyscrapers on swampy land. In order to combat this major engineering problem, they had to dig down 7 stories to anchor the foundations into bedrock.

This video has been posted many times on ATS and I am only posting it for the benefit of new members.

3:15 to 7:30 explains how the footings were made on the Twin Towers

I'm not going to go into whether or not WT7 was a "planned" false flag scenario but IMHO it stands to reason that its collapse could have been - in part - caused by shock waves travelling through an already unstable building base.

This weakening of the buildings foundations would have been a major contributing factor in its collapse and the fires were just that final piece of straw that broke the camels back.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

the tunnels...for the explosiv and to transport the gold...

reply to post by OccamAssassin

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
its collapse could have been - in part - caused by shock waves travelling through an already unstable building base.

worst "conspiracy"theory ever...there would be enormous seismic recordings if the schock wave would be such a huge on...
edit on 15-8-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly
Going on the assumption that WTC7 was rigged with explosives then, if the plan was to make sure the towers fell when a plane hit them, then why WTC7 if there was no guarantee that it would be badly damaged enough to make explosives look like the result of the attack ?

Was there another plane that didnt crash ?

Absolutely no idea if this idea has legs, nor have i done any research, it was just a passing thought.

Its a possibility. One would have to look at what the skyline was like and if it was possible to hit WTC 7 with a plane though. It wasnt as tall as WTC 1 and 2, so it might have been blocked by other buildings. I think after the towers were gone, the path would have been clear for a plane to strike WTC 7.

HOWEVER, WTC 7 was designed to withstand an airplane impact. If you put the charges inside the steel columns they have sufficient protection from an airplane impact even around the impact point. I dont know if it would have been possible to smash a plane in 7 and still be able to demo it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by binkbonk

the tunnels...for the explosiv and to transport the gold...

reply to post by OccamAssassin

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
its collapse could have been - in part - caused by shock waves travelling through an already unstable building base.

worst "conspiracy"theory ever...there would be enormous seismic recordings if the schock wave would be such a huge on..

I was referring to the shock waves caused by the twin towers collapsing. -Sorry, I should have been clearer

If you do your research you'll find that the shock waves travel faster and dissipate at a lesser rate when the medium is a liquid. In this case the medium would be the waterlogged ground below the WT buildings.

Extract from Wikipedia

In common everyday speech, speed of sound refers to the speed of sound waves in air. However, the speed of sound varies from substance to substance. Sound travels faster in liquids and non-porous solids than it does in air. It travels about 4.3 times faster in water (1,484 m/s), and nearly 15 times as fast in iron (5,120 m/s), than in air at 20 degrees Celsius.

I purposely avoided a conspiracy theory scenario as I don't think that it is required in this situation.

There is ample evidence that WT7 "could" have collapsed just by a weakened foundation and the inferno that gutted the inside of the building.
edit on 16/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

There are much bigger targets than WTC7.

Horse#. The documents housed within WT7 needed to be destroyed,

Do your homework.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

“This report contends that not only were the buildings targets, but that specific offices within each building were the designated targets. These offices unknowingly held information which if exposed, subsequently would expose a national security secret of unimaginable magnitude. Protecting that secret was the motivation for the September 11th attacks. This report is about that national security secret: its origins and impact. The intent of the report is to provide a context for understanding the events of September 11th rather than to define exactly what happened that day. Initially, it is difficult to see a pattern to the destruction of September 11th other than the total destruction of the World Trade Center, a segment of the Pentagon, four commercial aircraft and the loss of 2,993 lives. However, if the perceived objective of the attack is re-defined from its commonly suggested ‘symbolic’ designation as either ‘a terrorist attack’ or a ‘new Pearl Harbor,’ and one begins by looking at it as purely a crime with specific objectives (as opposed to a political action), there is a compelling logic to the pattern of destruction. This article provides research into the early claims by Dick Eastman, Tom Flocco, V.K. Durham and Karl Schwarz that the September 11th attacks were meant as a cover-up for financial crimes being investigated by the Office of Naval Intelligence(ONI), whose offices in the Pentagon were destroyed on September 11th.

After six years of research, this report presents corroborating evidence which supports their claims, and proposes a new rationale for the September 11th attacks. In doing so, many of the anomalies – or inconvenient facts surrounding this event - take on a meaning that is consistent with the claims of Eastman et al. The hypothesis of this report is: the attacks of September 11th were intended to cover-up the clearing of $240 billion dollars in securities covertly created in September 1991 to fund a covert economic war against the Soviet Union, during which ‘unknown’ western investors bought up much of the Soviet industry, with a focus on oil and gas. The attacks of September 11th also served to derail multiple Federal investigations away from crimes associated with the 1991 covert operation. In doing so, the attacks were justified under the cardinal rule of intelligence: “protect your resources” and consistent with a modus operandi of sacrificing lives for a greater cause. The case for detailed targeting of the attacks begins with analysis of the attack on the Pentagon. After one concludes that the targeting of the ONI office in the Pentagon was not random – and that information is presented later. – one then must ask: is it possible that the planes that hit the World Trade Center, and the bombs reported by various witnesses to have been set off inside the buildings 1, 6 and 7 and the basement of the Towers, were deliberately located to support the execution of a crime of mind-boggling proportions? In considering that question, a pattern emerges. For the crimes alleged by Eastman, Flocco, Durham and Schwarz to be successful, the vault in the basement of the World Trade Center, and its contents - less than a billion in gold, but hundreds of billions of dollars of government securities - had to be destroyed. A critical mass of brokers from the major government security brokerages in the Twin Towers had to be eliminated to create chaos in the government securities market. A situation needed to be created wherein $240 billion dollars of covert securities could be electronically “cleared” without anyone asking questions- which happened when the Federal Reserve declared an emergency and invoked its“ emergency powers.” that very afternoon.

The ongoing Federal investigations into the crimes funded by those securities needed to be ended or disrupted by destroying evidence in Buildings 6, 7 and 1.

Finally, one has to understand and demonstrate the inconceivable: that $240 billion in covert, and possibly illegal government funding could have been and were created in September of 1991. Filling in the last piece of the puzzle requires understanding 50 years of history of key financial organizations in the United States, understanding how U.S. Intelligence became a key source of their off-balance sheet accounts, and why this was sanctioned by every President since Truman.

With that, a pattern of motivation is defined which allows government leaders and intelligence operatives to ‘rationalize’ a decision to cause the death 3,000 citizens.”

www.scribd.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-8-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

You want to strike a building in NYC, you take off from Newark NJ, right across the river from New York,
fly to Ohio, then turn and fly south away from New York....

Brillant!

Flight 93 was flying southeast toward Washington DC

Wonder why people consider "truthers: as loons......

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

Equally brillant ideas...!

We send in our crack team of ninjas to plant explosives all over the building, set it on fire, watch it burn all
day so can blow it up in full view of cameras?

So why dont the exposives go off prematurely ? What about the wiring ?

Really ...............

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think they took advantage of everyone's paranoia they knew would be a result of the "attacks". They thought that the two towers would collapse, and if WTC 7 fell right along with them, that everyone would be so gung ho about killing them terrorists, that they wouldn't even pay attention to the fact that 7 collapsed for no reason.

Because of the foggy-brained state of mind Americans were in after 9/11, they just believed the building collapsed as a result of all the damage and chaos from the two towers collapsing. Sadly, most people still believe that.

I guarantee the real target was WTC 7, and that the attacks on the other buildings were just a decoy. There was something in, or under, that building that made them want to take it down.
edit on 16-8-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

You want to strike a building in NYC, you take off from Newark NJ, right across the river from New York,
fly to Ohio, then turn and fly south away from New York....

Brillant!

Not so fast there. Are you saying hijackers take over a plane the moment it takes off?

Flight 93 was flying southeast toward Washington DC

But it desended too soon and was possibly going for the Three Mile Island nuke plant instead of Washington.. It's possible that the pilots of flight 93 went into business for themselfs and decided to hit a target that would do some real damage to the USA instead of hitting WTC7..

Wonder why people consider "truthers: as loons......

Probably because they don't know what they're talking about and are too lazy to find out.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Apocalypse1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join