It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Get Biblical! The Creation of Adam and Eve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hello my fellow ATS users. I would like to share the story of Creation of Adam. The story of his creation, Eve, the Fall of Man, and so on. I would like to see what you think of my thread and the creation of man all together.

Jewish view of Creation:
Adam (Hebrew: אָדָם‎, Arabic: آدم‎)

the sixth day of creation -- "G-d said: 'Let us make Man in Our image, after Our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth...'" (Genesis 1:26). "G-d formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (ibid., 2:7). "And G-d took the man and placed him in the Garden of Eden, to work it and to keep it" (2:15).

Here G-d creates Adam from the dust of the Earth. After breathing life into Adam. Hashem instructs Adam to name the animals and to work in the Garden of Eden.
Eve (Hebrew: חַוָּה‎, Ḥawwā, "living one" حواء (Hawwāʾ)

"And G-d said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helpmeet opposite him' ... G-d caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; and He took one of his sides, and closed up the flesh in its place. And G-d built the side which He had taken from the man into a woman, and brought her to the man. And the man said: 'This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.' Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother, and cleaves to his wife; and they become one flesh" (2:18-24).

This is the earliest example of marriage in the Torah. Where Eve is created from Adam's rib and even though see is created from a part of his body. They are one flesh (marriage).

Now while in the Garden of Eden. Working and resting; Eve was tempted by the Serpent to eat from the Tree of Knowledge. Before mankind had freewill. We were like the angels. Which we only knew good and worshiped G-d 100%. Both Adam and Eve couldn't die as well. But Eve was easily tempted and eat of the fruit. Soon she gave Adam the fruit to eat and both their eyes became open (freewill). After they realized they were naked they hid from G-d. Fearing the backlash knowing they eat the fruit forbidden to them eat. G-d did forgive them but made Eve experience pain during birth as a result and Adam would have to work harder the ground from which he came. While also he will die as a result since eating the fruit.

On the very day he was created, man committed the first sin of history, transgressing the divine commandment not to eat from the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden, and mankind became subject to death, labor and moral confusion. But on that day the first man and woman also repented their sin, introducing the concept and opportunities of teshuvah ("return") into the human experience.

Since leaving the Garden of Eden; Adam and Eve were able to produce two sons. Cain and Able. I would imagine there were more children. But more on that later kiddies.
"Sources"
Why were humans created twice?
How sin started
The Tree of Knowledge
Why didn't Adam eat from the Tree of Life?
Adam in Rabbinic literature
Chabad Source
What did G-d mean let us make man in our image and likeness?
Islamic view of Creation

Adam is the first Prophet of God and he is also the first human. Adam was made from clay gathered from the four corners of the earth. God created Adam’s soul one-thousand years prior to creating Adam’s body; Adam’s soul was reluctant to leave its original place within the light. Iblis mocked God for making Adam out of dirt and refused to give his homage

As you can see Islam does share a similar concept of Adam being created from the Earth or dust. Interesting to note the detail of the creation of Adam's soul and the years creating it. While introducing the jealousy of Iblis (Satan) who was created with fire while Adam was created from dust.

Adam was created for the purpose of praising God . To satisfy Adam, God gave him Eve - whose purpose was for “marrying man” – and the Garden of Paradise; however, God did refuse Adam from eating of “one [specific] tree”. Iblis was jealous of Adam and the Garden of Eden, so he hid behind the serpent’s teeth as two droplets of water – a place which he has never relinquished himself from. Previously, Eve had befriended the serpent and, therefore, Iblis was able to speak as the serpent in order to convince Eve to eat of that “one tree.” Eve did, and she fed the fruit also to Adam. At once their world became hostile and they were swept away from Paradise by the angry wind down to earth.

A very different and very similar retelling of the Fall of Man from the Torah. Satan using the serpent to tempt Eve to eat the forbidden fruit; as well Adam eating the fruit. Which resulted in them being kicked out of the Garden of Eden.

However, Adam’s tears fertilized his barren surroundings and the animals took pity on him. Then God sent Gabriel to guide Adam to Mecca, to teach him to pray, and to show him the ways of the pilgrimage (Hijja) “for which purpose God had sent them down to earth”. God compared Adam’s multitude of eventual offspring to a hill of ants, and told Adam that all of his children, and their children, would carry his original sin. God made life difficult for Adam, forcing him to learn agriculture and hunting. Then God brought forth a new generation through Eve, who gave birth to twenty sets of twins of a boy and a girl each. The two eldest brothers, Cain (Kabil) and Abel (Habil), found conflict with each other, and Iblis tempted Cain to murder Abel. It was the world’s first murder

Another similar twist! Both Adam and Eve are forgiven but are given burdens as a result of their sins. Adam becomes the first man to make the Pilgrimage to Mecca and the birth of their children. I don't know if the Original Sin is similar to the Christian concept or different. As well with the Jewish view of their children I will discuss that later.
Adam in Islam
Prophet Adam
Islamic view of Adam

Now let's talk about Lilith. Boy o' boy. Isn't she so beautiful with all that long and bushy red hair. The serpent squeezing her till her eyes pop out of her head! OMG it was her all along. She was jealous of Eve all the time!
Sorry I had to tell that horrible joke I made up. I always wondered about Lilith and people who believe in her.
edit on 15-8-2011 by ManOfGod267 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There are so many issues with your post in which things are taken for granted, taken out of context, misquoted and suppositioned.

There was an opposing thread earlier today here:A & E A natural death or murder

This video was part the OP presentation. I have to say this video is my answer to your post.
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Can you explain the video for me? I'm not a Christian or an Atheist so, I wouldn't understand the view points of the video.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The video questions the wisdom of God's judgement and justice. It questions the logic of God's punishment and it's severity in relation to the crime. It also questions why the church gets so offended for asking these question.

It's only 8 minutes out of your life, watch the video. FGS!

top topics

join