It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question of Motive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
How can any of you 911 sleuths continue to investigate 911 without knowing the most likely motive?

What was accomplished and who benefits?

You’ve all heard of Sibel Edmonds, right?

A Department of Justice inspector general’s report called Edmonds’s allegations “credible,” “serious,” and “warrant[ing] a thorough and careful review by the FBI.” Ranking Senate Judiciary Committee members Pat Leahy (D-Vt.) and Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) have backed her publicly. “60 Minutes” launched an investigation of her claims and found them believable. No one has ever disproved any of Edmonds’s revelations, which she says can be verified by FBI investigative files.

John Ashcroft’s Justice Department confirmed Edmonds’s veracity in a backhanded way by twice invoking the dubious State Secrets Privilege so she could not tell what she knows. The ACLU has called her “the most gagged person in the history of the United States of America.”

...she was finally able to testify under oath in a court case filed in Ohio and agreed to an interview with The American Conservative based on that testimony. What follows is her own account of what some consider the most incredible tale of corruption and influence peddling in recent times....

Source

It was the corruption that Edmonds stumbled upon that 911 was supposed to cover up:

“This report contends that not only were the buildings targets, but that specific offices within each building were the designated targets. These offices unknowingly held information which if exposed, subsequently would expose a national security secret of unimaginable magnitude. Protecting that secret was the motivation for the September 11th attacks. This report is about that national security secret: its origins and impact. The intent of the report is to provide a context for understanding the events of September 11th rather than to define exactly what happened that day. Initially, it is difficult to see a pattern to the destruction of September 11th other than the total destruction of the World Trade Center, a segment of the Pentagon, four commercial aircraft and the loss of 2,993 lives. However, if the perceived objective of the attack is re-defined from its commonly suggested ‘symbolic’ designation as either ‘a terrorist attack’ or a ‘new Pearl Harbor,’ and one begins by looking at it as purely a crime with specific objectives (as opposed to a political action), there is a compelling logic to the pattern of destruction. This article provides research into the early claims by Dick Eastman, Tom Flocco, V.K. Durham and Karl Schwarz that the September 11th attacks were meant as a cover-up for financial crimes being investigated by the Office of Naval Intelligence(ONI), whose offices in the Pentagon were destroyed on September 11th.

After six years of research, this report presents corroborating evidence which supports their claims, and proposes a new rationale for the September 11th attacks. In doing so, many of the anomalies – or inconvenient facts surrounding this event - take on a meaning that is consistent with the claims of Eastman et al. The hypothesis of this report is: the attacks of September 11th were intended to cover-up the clearing of $240 billion dollars in securities covertly created in September 1991 to fund a covert economic war against the Soviet Union, during which ‘unknown’ western investors bought up much of the Soviet industry, with a focus on oil and gas. The attacks of September 11th also served to derail multiple Federal investigations away from crimes associated with the 1991 covert operation. In doing so, the attacks were justified under the cardinal rule of intelligence: “protect your resources” and consistent with a modus operandi of sacrificing lives for a greater cause. The case for detailed targeting of the attacks begins with analysis of the attack on the Pentagon. After one concludes that the targeting of the ONI office in the Pentagon was not random – and that information is presented later. – one then must ask: is it possible that the planes that hit the World Trade Center, and the bombs reported by various witnesses to have been set off inside the buildings 1, 6 and 7 and the basement of the Towers, were deliberately located to support the execution of a crime of mind-boggling proportions? In considering that question, a pattern emerges. For the crimes alleged by Eastman, Flocco, Durham and Schwarz to be successful, the vault in the basement of the World Trade Center, and its contents - less than a billion in gold, but hundreds of billions of dollars of government securities - had to be destroyed. A critical mass of brokers from the major government security brokerages in the Twin Towers had to be eliminated to create chaos in the government securities market. A situation needed to be created wherein $240 billion dollars of covert securities could be electronically “cleared” without anyone asking questions- which happened when the Federal Reserve declared an emergency and invoked its“ emergency powers.” that very afternoon.

The ongoing Federal investigations into the crimes funded by those securities needed to be ended or disrupted by destroying evidence in Buildings 6, 7 and 1.

Finally, one has to understand and demonstrate the inconceivable: that $240 billion in covert, and possibly illegal government funding could have been and were created in September of 1991. Filling in the last piece of the puzzle requires understanding 50 years of history of key financial organizations in the United States, understanding how U.S. Intelligence became a key source of their off-balance sheet accounts, and why this was sanctioned by every President since Truman.

With that, a pattern of motivation is defined which allows government leaders and intelligence operatives to ‘rationalize’ a decision to cause the death of 3,000 citizens.”.

Source

Before we bicker about “how” it occurred, we should be talking about “why” it occurred. 911 appears to have been intended to:

1. Destroy evidence of institutional lawlessness in government, finance, military and business.
2. Silence investigations into the above.
3. Demolish the white elephants known as the Twin Towers.
4. Provide pretext for world war and hegemony in the guise of the Global War on Terrorism.
5. Allow the continuation of a culture of plunder and corruption

Now how does any of the above benefit al Qaeda?

edit on 15-8-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
here's my speculation on how Al Qaeda works..

Basicly the US established the program in the gulf war. The soldiers of Al Qaeda are "elite" jihadists basically, while their leaders are not jihadists as much as tactical commanders. Al Qaeda is simply a fall guy that self purges/sustains by nature, and provides a useful "non-threat" threatening enough to scare the gen. public. The members, or atleast the bottom 95%, are satisfied by being able to kill infidels, they are indoctrinated into jihad lifestyle and dont care about much else other than ensuring the word of Allah (destiny) will be followed.

Spelling might be bad in this one...
edit on 15-8-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Yankee451

The two choices are

911 was an act of greed.

or

911 was an act of religion.

Since 911 was a stupid senseless act I am going to have to go with: 911was an act of religion.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by waypastvne

You're a fast study.

It took me a few days to go over the details.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

LIES LIES LIES.
or
COINCIDENCES and CONVENIENCES.

Taking into consideration WTC7 collapsing due to what we are told is fire and the actions and antics and GWB, DonnyR, CondoR, and good ole DickyC......

Ill believe
LIES LIES LIES

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

LOL...

LALALA...I can't hear you!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Another reason for 911 was that the cold war was over, defence spending had been cut under the Clinton admin. and a new enemy needed to be created. Hence the "war on terror". Now the U.S.A has an enemy that can be in any country that they have a problem with and use the excuse that they harbor terrorists as a reason to take military action against them. 911 was created to generate public support for the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan and soon to be Syria and Iran. Mark my words that there will be "terrorist" attacks on American soil again, and "they" will claim that one or both of these countries are responsible and the American people will once again back the actions of their country like the brainwashed sheeple they are.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne

The two choices are

911 was an act of greed.

or

911 was an act of religion.

Since 911 was a stupid senseless act I am going to have to go with: 911was an act of religion.

I don't want to call you stupid and senseless as well but maybe you should rethink your logic.

Most of the stupid, senseless actions that have taken place throughout human history are based in the greed of the powerful.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

Yep, and beyond that...it was designed to coverup the evidence of the economic shenanigans that were used to bankrupt the Soviet Union, and in the process, buy up and seize their energy and munitions industries.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Most of the stupid, senseless actions that have taken place throughout human history are based in the greed of the powerful.

Thanks, now I don't have to say it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451
reply to post by DieBravely

Thanks, now I don't have to say it.

In what way was this stupid or senseless? No matter what you believe, someone outwitted NORAD and the biggest, or at least most expensive, military on the planet. Guess they're not that stupid, eh?

Senseless? I guess, if it had been Saddam Hussein who did it, which most people STILL believe, it would have been pretty senseless to blow up some highly insured white elephants of your enemies, making them a bunch of money, and guaranteeing to bring the force of the biggest military on the planet to bear onto yourself. Otherwise...seems to have worked out pretty well for everyone involved. Oh, except for a bunch of brown people on the other side of the planet. But we don't see them, so it doesn';t count, right?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

In what way was this stupid or senseless? No matter what you believe, someone outwitted NORAD and the biggest, or at least most expensive, military on the planet. Guess they're not that stupid, eh?

You're right, their intent was cruel and downright evil, but not stupid. I don't think NORAD was duped...upper level brass was likely in on an operation like this.

Senseless? I guess, if it had been Saddam Hussein who did it, which most people STILL believe, it would have been pretty senseless to blow up some highly insured white elephants of your enemies, making them a bunch of money, and guaranteeing to bring the force of the biggest military on the planet to bear onto yourself. Otherwise...seems to have worked out pretty well for everyone involved. Oh, except for a bunch of brown people on the other side of the planet. But we don't see them, so it doesn';t count, right?

I'm pretty sure you're mixing me up with another poster, I'm in agreement with everything except the senseless part...I think people of power are senseless, in that they're devoid of empathy.

I'm with you on everything else.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely
I don't want to call you stupid and senseless as well but maybe you should rethink your logic.

You flunked history didn't you ?

There was a time when religion ruled the world, It was called the "Dark Ages".

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne

Originally posted by DieBravely

You flunked history didn't you ?

There was a time when religion ruled the world, It was called the "Dark Ages".

You're a real charmer aren't you?

If you're not going to read the material and comment on it, then please move along.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It's all oh so obvious now Yankee.
What the F* is wrong with people.
Honest to good Jesus. My 9 year old son gets it!
A friend of his said to me (without any prompting) that she
couldn't believe that a plane crashing into a tower like
that could destroy the building in the way we saw.
I was moved. There is some hope.
But It kills me no end that the multitudes of despicables involved in this, and
indeed all the worlds conspiracies, deceptions and ills will be pivotal in determining
the course of their outlooks and futures.
And all because of our pig ignorant, complacent obtuceness.
(No disrespect to intelligent pigs intended).

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Wasn't ENRON files also destroyed in the WTC attacks? I heard some rumor a while back that the evidence was destroyed.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I don't know about that, haven't read that.

Although, I do figger Kenny Boy is sucking down Mai Thais on his private island for retired arseholes, so it wouldn't surprise me if they destroyed his evidence too, however I thought he was already home free.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

It is telling and disheartening to see what topics get a lot of the action on these forums.

I think I know what "deny ignorance" means now..."deny my own ignorance".

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451
How can any of you 911 sleuths continue to investigate 911 without knowing the most likely motive?

Physics does not care about people so the motives for 9/11 are irrelevant. The motives of the perps is just speculation. It cannot be verified until they are caught.

After TEN YEARS I would find the motives of physicists and engineers all over the world more interesting.

This affects our entire educational system.

But the planned obsolescence of automobiles is more important than 9/11.

www.youtube.com...

psik

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

Can't disagree more.

911 is the tool we can use to expose institutional corruption and lawlessness.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join