It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian snipers deployed in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The officer, speaking on condition of anonymity to avoid reprisals, crossed the border into Turkey last week after being ordered to shoot to kill, bringing with him sickening details of increasingly desperate measures to end five months of demonstrations. He said he had beaten prisoners and fired on protesters in Damascus. At times during the past two months he was aware of Iranian troops – confirmed by senior officers – alongside his team in the Syrian capital.

link

So we now have hard confirmation that Iran is actively participating in shooting at protesters. Another reason for the West to get involved. More evidence that points to Syria being the key to WW3. If there is intervention in Syria, Iran and Russia will be involved. Game over

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I thought that recently Russia was against what was happening in Syria. Maybe i'm wrong but I thought I read that Russia has joined the US and other countries in "bashing" Syria, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Do the snipers use a rifle like Juba in Iraq ?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The last paragraph of the article is suspicious.

On Sunday, a senior religious figure, Grand Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi, issued a statement saying: "It is the duty of all Muslims to help stabilise Syria against the destructive plots of America and Israel."

Is there really a plot or are they just trying to point fingers away from Assad's crimes?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

How is that hard confirmation? That is like saying CURVEBALLS testimony was hard confirmation that Saddam was developing WMDs and planning to use them against America, an imminent threat I guess.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thereisnotry

Well considering the fact that Wesley Clark himself testified that Washington was planning an attack against Syria, is enough to support Iran's claim that there is a plot. Obviously gangs are involved in the unrest, and war with deception is being played out to divide Syrians. But Syrians have been saying from the start, and they continue saying that they don't want foreign interference. What is happening in Libya is deception, gangs trying to cause unrest, gangs most likely armed by foreign forces, think about the three Syrian neighbours, which all have US military and CIA bases. So there is credibility to the claim.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Agreed. The US has a lot to gain from the destabilization of Syria. This looks like textbook black ops.
Soon we'll "arming the rebels" in Syria just like we are in Libya, just like we did in Iraq, just like we did in Nicaragua, just like we did in Chad, and wow the list keeps going on. Yet somehow the MSM allows them to continually keep the wool pulled over the eyes of the people.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Yup WW3 for sure this isn't looking good

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The officer, speaking on condition of anonymity

I dunno if that's hard confirmation.. but it raises an eyebrow...
syria definitely up't the anty with their patrol boat shelling a harbor.. but would iran be so brazen to just jump in so quickly? it would be a simple and easy way to inflict maximum damage.. snipers, thousands of them.. young iranian teenagers that do nothing but shoot targets day in day out training...
put a few thousand in a city and you'd do serious damage... and there expendable.. they travel light have no comms and intel on them.. just another dead body with a rifle...

Juba springs to mind
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Stumbled across this strange coincidence while doing some reading today.

During May 2003, the USA began talks with the USA-backed Iraq National Congress to build an oil pipeline between Iraq and Israel. James Atkins (a former USA ambassador to Saudi Arabia) declared "There would be a fee for transit rights through Jordan, just as there would be fees for those using what would be the Haifa terminal. After all this is the new world order now. This is what things look like particularly if we wipe out Syria. It just goes to show that this is all about oil, for the United States and its allies."

Source: Why USA wanted Iraq Regime Change

So the plot thickens. Syria is just another road block in the way of total Western monopoly on oil. Iran knows that if Syria falls to Western influence then they will be alone to fight against us. We've surrounded Iran by taking control of Iraq on the Western border and Afghanistan on the Eastern.

By removing the Syrian government:

1) The US removes Iran's closest ally

2) The US removes Northern pressure on our precious Israel

3) The US can build it's pipeline without having to pay the Jordanians.

4) Further weakens the anti-West stronghold of the middle east.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hmm, UN staff withdrawl. Are we about to see intervention I wonder.

UNITED NATIONS, Aug. 17 (UPI) -- The United Nations announced Wednesday it is temporarily withdrawing some staff from Syria in light of the government's violent crackdown on demonstrators.

Read more: www.upi.com...

Article says non-essential staff but you gottta wonder what they are still there for if they are non-essential.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Simple,,

Iraqi Snippers Wanted.

simple.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very interesting. If the UN is pulling out maybe we're about to see an aerial bombardment on the scale of Libya.

Just heard a report on NPR that Assad is now torturing resisters to death and throwing their mangled bodies out into public to scare the populace. The Syrian government is upping it's tactics and getting more and more flak from the West. Perhaps he sees what is going on in Libya and is pulling out all stops to prevent him from being the next despot to fall.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

4) Further weakens the anti-West stronghold of the middle east. .

I agree. But Iran has a Defense pact with Syria, and if they are attacked, Iran will either have to stand up for it's ally or look weak in the face of the world. Russia also has their biggest out-of-country naval base there, and would not take kindly to NATO airplanes dropping bombs around it.

Also, the heavy fighting in Tripoli is going to be starting near the end of this month, and Assad's deadline to stop protests (given by Turkey) is August 8th.

Just heard a report on NPR that Assad is now torturing resisters to death and throwing their mangled bodies out into public to scare the populace. The Syrian government is upping it's tactics and getting more and more flak from the West. Perhaps he sees what is going on in Libya and is pulling out all stops to prevent him from being the next despot to fall.

I heard this NPR story as well....quite chilling. But I do not believe in "Humanitarian bombing" and think that would merely aggrevate the situation. Let the people there or regional partners sort it out. Not our concern

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
August 8th? Well it the 18th!!! I'd say that has been debunked.

As far as Iran sticking up for Syaria, yeah right!!! LMAO. IF, Syria was attacked (which i dont think it will be), TRUST me, Iran would sit idly by and spew excuses.

Originally posted by Skerrako

4) Further weakens the anti-West stronghold of the middle east. .

I agree. But Iran has a Defense pact with Syria, and if they are attacked, Iran will either have to stand up for it's ally or look weak in the face of the world. Russia also has their biggest out-of-country naval base there, and would not take kindly to NATO airplanes dropping bombs around it.

Also, the heavy fighting in Tripoli is going to be starting near the end of this month, and Assad's deadline to stop protests (given by Turkey) is August 8th.

I heard this NPR story as well....quite chilling. But I do not believe in "Humanitarian bombing" and think that would merely aggrevate the situation. Let the people there or regional partners sort it out. Not our concern

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Well we are August 17th now, the killing has not stopped, It has got more Intense so ofcourse a military Intervention Is coming soon.
This has been on the cards for even longer then we think and Is going to plan.
First Syria will fall, then Iran.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Good Lord, when our "peace" mission starts in Syria, I hope we stay well clear of the Russian base...

Our current international policy ( Libya ) dictates we must intervene, as wrong as that policy is.

I guess BO is awaiting instructions from his bosses in the UN?

No way Putin will stand for this.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vanosman2
Do the snipers use a rifle like Juba in Iraq ?

www.youtube.com...

Depends ,,remember Iran/Iraq War?
gee bet there are a few Snipers left over from that one,,
who wouldn't
mind getting another
shot at
Iranian
Snipers.
u think?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zakka

Well we are August 17th now, the killing has not stopped, It has got more Intense so ofcourse a military Intervention Is coming soon.
This has been on the cards for even longer then we think and Is going to plan.
First Syria will fall, then Iran.

You are mistaken. First Syria will fall and then BOTH Iran and the U.S.

Do you think the U.S. can maintain bombing 8 different countries?

Afghanistan
Iraq
Libya
Yemen
Somalia
Pakistan

you want to add Syria & Iran?

Not to mention Syria and Iran have large standing armies and Iran has 80 million citizens

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
All I gots to say bout them apples is....

WAR PROPAGANDA!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join