It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Originally posted by BobAthome

Originally posted by GmoS719

Originally posted by copperhead12
If you read the Bible, God created "created" Humans before Adam and Eve. But they didn't till the soil or plow the fields. So God started over and Created Adam and Eve! They didn't have belly buttons because God created them. Their kids, however, had belly buttons. The were born of Man,
well brothers fought and one died, the other went to the land of nod, this was the place that the first people lived, abd he found a wife. But Adam and Eve didn't have a belly button! Their children did.

"Show me where it says god created humans before adam and eve."
off topic i know, but i need to know.

"Show me where it says god created humans before adam and eve."
And the Gods said "Let us make man in our own image,,
was not a good idea, it was man by commitee,,
so God said "I will make Man in My own image"
So the hand of God formed Adam in the flesh,

AND SET HIM APART,,, (sorry for capitals,not shouting ,,just important,) from the world at that time , and se t Man into a place,, to the East ,, in a place caled,,,,

well u know the rest of the story,,

unfortunatly violence followed,,

I've never read that, what version of the bible are you reading?

This is directly of out the bible

Genesis 1

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

"Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness,"
dinoasaurs,,men/women,,violence everywhere,,not working,,
So God created mankind in his own image

in his own image he created them Male and Female,,and set them in Eden.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I don't see why anyone would make "God" female or male. Its something beyond that. The only reason it is "He" is because it was and still is a Man's world. Once you give it a "He" or "She" you give it a human ego or human persona. Thats the kind of crap that starts wars.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Well,adam and eve were not real.

But there were at one point,the two first humans....through Evolution.

They had to be born just like us.So yes, the first two humans ( We can call them adam and eve if you like) had belly buttons.

That is my pseudo scientific thought process.

And what womb were they in that they needed an umbilical cord? I thought evolution was based on changes happening when a need for it arises, like legs developed so a fish could walk on land, and wings developed to allow to get away from predators, or whatever. But, of all things, belly buttons just magically formed out of nowhere without there being a need for them? Hmmm...

Anyway, I don't know for sure, but I would think that since man was created in God's image from the dust of the ground, that Adam did not need a belly button. Since God created Eve by using one of Adam's ribs, she did not need a belly button. The need for a belly button started only when Eve became pregnant, and all the rest of the pregnancies from then on.
edit on 16-8-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
My question is 'Did Adam and Eve have belly fluff? (assuming they had belly buttons).
I knew a guy once who collected all his belly fluff over the course of years and
ended up weaving it into a pair of flimsy mittens. You've got to hand it to him.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

The need for a belly button started only when Eve became pregnant, and all the rest of the pregnancies from then on.

Great! Good thinking! But some (maybe most?) Christians don't go for the idea of evolution. God created us in his image and we were perfect from the beginning. So they say. If A & E didn't come pre-loaded with belly buttons, but future generations developed them as the need arose, that's evolution baby!

So either way, weather A & E had or did not have belly buttons, I believe has very important implications for the Christian faith. Especially when it come to the story of creation, which a lot of Christians take very seriously. Some people who've commented in my thread here don't seem to get this. But I'm telling you, this is an important question!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't read the whole thread but this sems to be avery interesting topic. Hopefully this would open up people's mind a bit to see the bull# that is religion. In addition to Adam and Eve not logically having belly buttons, is this couple if ever they existed any more intelligent than a well trained german sherpard? Remember they had no terms of reference to learn from. On this basis, the much hyped fact of them disobeying "God" is only a myth. I wish people could strain their brain a bit and see the truth.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I dont believe in the bible's story, i believe its based very loosely on reality, i believe god, is an extraterrestrial civilization.

I believe the beings created Adam and eve through genetic engineering, hence the rib and some thing else, which i believe represents there dna, hence then we are created in there image.

So my answer to your question would be yes, do test tube baby's have belly buttons? Yes they do.

Jesus was real, he was a demi god.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pro-all

You should read the whole thread then! It is interesting. And getting better. I had no idea I would get so many responses when I made this and I really feel like I'm on to something here. It's something that's always bugged me and now, thanks to the input of other members I feel like I'm making some headway. Need more input though because I do not subscribe to Christianity and I want to know if the church has a stance on this or not. I'm thinking of making an account on this Christian forum I found just to pose this question, but I'm afraid they'll just delete the post because I'm not one of them.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Test tube babies have belly buttons because they are still gestated in a womb, connected to a placenta. Adam and Eve were not made in wombs.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

No ones just born, they need a gestation process, they need some sort of growing up stage. Here be it a womb or artificial womb.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

But you see Christians believe that A & E were not born of a womb, artificial or otherwise. And they don't subscribe to us being created by aliens either. Not saying there's anything wrong with your theory, but the alien theory is not what is being examined here. It is the Christian view of creation that I am seeking help with.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Eh this isn't exactly the most prolific thread out there but I thought I might throw in my two cents.

We Muslims believe the Bible was a book given to Jesus to preach. (this was probably before Paul got his hands on it) Anyway, if God really said that He (this pronoun is used because English does not have a gender neutral pronoun) then He meant it in the sense that He said it in the Quraan. i.e. He created humans with similar characteristics but at a lesser degree than Himself.

Example: God creates life, humans can help bring life to things through other means.

God sees and hears everything, so do humans, with enough technology.

The list goes on and on. This is what the Quran refers to as Characteristics, that God uses to describe himself. If the Quran was a human invention, it would make God into the image of man, relate it to the maximum degree and then use those verses to try and manipulate other human beings. Well, there are Muslims who are trying to manipulate other humans, but the verses in the Quraan are open and clear: God does not have racial, gender preferences.

The content of the message is clear enough.

But coming back to your OP, I asked this to my religion teacher and she said, no they didn't need belly buttons and they probably didn't have them but she also said she wasn't there and doesn't know the exact answer

edit on 16-8-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Isn't it interesting that everyone thinks Adam and Eve were homo sapiens sapiens? Man appears according to the books to have started off as australopethicus, and they had belly buttons.

I did ask this question on another thread and everyone skirted around it, but when did God involve himself with humans, at our earliest stage or homo habilis, homo erectus, neanderthal, cro magnun or homo sapiens?

All presumably had belly buttons, but did, in fact, the belly button come before God?

We do know that people existed in the so-called land of Nod because God threatened Adam and Eve's boy Cain that they would hunt him because of God's mark.

I got the ruler in school as a kid for askying why the snake didn't either throttle Eve or bite her. The day has gone when most people merely accepted what they were told to accept and it was all never questioned. Its a good thing religion which has such a stranglehold built on fear is being called out to explain some of its claims.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Your questions are interesting. In one of the Gnostic Gospels, the Gospel of Phillip, I believe, there is a scathing remark about a common idea at the time. Phillip tackles the idea that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary by asking how a woman can impregnate a woman. The Holy Spirit is also given traditionally feminine traits many times and is definitely a motherly figure. I would say that the supposition that the Holy Spirit is female is the way to go.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

i believe they were real but the intention behind the questions is not for any other than fishing....

Total waste off time to even think about this..some would say a distraction....
I dont care one bit if the had belly buttons or not....I'll ask when I am dead...LOL

Troll the UFO forum for fun or why not draw a few Mohammed cartoons...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I wouldn't know, but I do know certain skov members do not have belly buttons.

Creepy,right

But apparently they've evolved from human into something much more superior thus the reason why they don't have something as useless as a belly button.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What did Adam say first time he met Eve....

stand back i don't know how big this thing gets.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The best answer can also be used for the chicken or the egg paradox. If the egg is a chicken egg then the animal that produced the egg must be formally known as a chicken - thus the chicken came first. That is to say that mankind evolved from creatures that have different formal names.

If you believe mankind did not evolve then your question is philosophical and the answer cannot be known by us.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

in his own image he created them Male and Female,,and set them in Eden.

I think this is easily explained by the polytheistic nature of Christianity.

In Judaism, there is one God:
"Hear, O Israel, the Lord thy God is one." ~Torah
In Judaism, God is sometimes referred to in masculine terms and sometimes (when referred to as Shechinah) in feminine terms, and as such, God is both male and female.

In Islam, there is one God:
"There is one God, and Muhammad is is prophet." ~English Translation of Shahadah
Islam refers to God as The Creator or The Almighty, which are neither male nor female.

However, in Christianity, there is a triune God (or three gods, by non-Christian interpretation) - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
This is why God said: “Let us make mankind in our image" (plural).
If one assumes that the Holy Spirit is female (as is the case in old Christian texts - see below), then the mixed gender of the polytheistic triune Christian Gods is easily explained.

In the Syriac language too, the grammatically feminine word ruah means "spirit", and writers in that language, both orthodox and Gnostic, used maternal images when speaking of the Holy Spirit.

Source

edit on 16/8/2011 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
Eh this isn't exactly the most prolific thread out there but I thought I might throw in my two cents.

We Muslims believe the Bible was a book given to Jesus to preach. (this was probably before Paul got his hands on it) Anyway, if God really said that He (this pronoun is used because English does not have a gender neutral pronoun) then He meant it in the sense that He said it in the Quraan. i.e. He created humans with similar characteristics but at a lesser degree than Himself.

Example: God creates life, humans can help bring life to things through other means.

God sees and hears everything, so do humans, with enough technology.

The list goes on and on. This is what the Quran refers to as Characteristics, that God uses to describe himself. If the Quran was a human invention, it would make God into the image of man, relate it to the maximum degree and then use those verses to try and manipulate other human beings. Well, there are Muslims who are trying to manipulate other humans, but the verses in the Quraan are open and clear: God does not have racial, gender preferences.

The content of the message is clear enough.

But coming back to your OP, I asked this to my religion teacher and she said, no they didn't need belly buttons and they probably didn't have them but she also said she wasn't there and doesn't know the exact answer

edit on 16-8-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

This post stands out as a sore case of religious people being mentally sick. Was there a bible when Jesus supposedly existed? I'm taking a shot at your post because the ignorance portrayed is utterly insulting. The question I want to throw at you is: why does "God" need to give humans the koran and the Bible to explain himself/herself/itself and creation. If you can reason at all, you'd know that we can't even describe God as genderless.There is nothing in the books to decribe such a being. This brings me to the muslim ignorant pastime of ascribing 99 names to Allah. Why does Allah need a name? Until you realize that Allah is probably a tribal god who lives probably in the hot desert sands of middle east, your eyes would remain closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join