It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by windword

Cain's was rejected by God. Cain killed Abel,

reread what i wrote.
because lambs where part of the story too come,, Cain and Able did not know that the symbols of the Lamb, would be part of Gods plan from the beginning,,god did not reject Cain offer,, just wasn't the right time,, for it,,
So he got Jealous of Able,,
was spending too much time with god and not with him,,, was a bit spoiled,,

edit on 15-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

That's insane. Are you suggesting that, in order to write his book or produce his play, God manipulated people to do what the story would ascribe rather than writing about what happened and how the story unfolds?

That would be evil.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

I have never seen nor heard that particular scripture. That is something awesome, awful and quite a stunning revelation.

It sounds like someting my Dad would've said.

Edit: Or, Bill Cosby
edit on 15-8-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I have never seen nor heard that particular scripture. That is something awesome, awful and quite a stunning revelation.

It sounds like someting my Dad would've said.

Edit: Or, Bill Cosby
edit on 15-8-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

oh, i have many scriptures that would stun you...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Start a thread on "Stunning Scriptures or Thing your Dad/Bill Cosby wished they said!"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Start a thread on "Stunning Scriptures or Thing your Dad/Bill Cosby wished they said!"

ha ha, i wish that it was only bill cosby that said the things...but sounds like a good idea...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I would ask do apes and monkeys have belly buttons? Then ADAM and EVE would have if APES did. But, I have seen a few stories about humans that appear not to have a belly button! But going by accepted science they must have had belly buttons. But if we developed from lizards and mixed with apes then we would assume adam and eve didn't but their children did. After all supposedly we developed from fish that became lizards (non mamallian life forms) to mammals...so I guess it depends on who adam and eve really represent?
edit on 15-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is an interesting question and despite seeming a bit odd is worthy of the odd nature of some of the posts and discussions on ATS. I' ve read stranger......

Unfortunately there is no real answer to this question and even if there was the answer would never get unanimous approval since ATS members represent the full spectrum of people with viewpoints all over the map on religion and God. We have spiritualists, atheists, deists, muslims, mormons, Christians, new-agers, satan worshipers, witches, and the list goes on and on and on. All of them think they are "right" based on what they post here.

This just gets into endless debates on opinion based on various faith-based view points (or not).

As a Christian the Bible teaches that God is called "Father" in that he is the One and True God being a Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The "created in God's image" has nothing to do with a physical body in Christian thought (meaning God is not a man with a body per se), but rather that God conveyed certain spiritual qualities to mankind when he created him and that man is God's representative and agent in God's creation - hence "image bearers." Christians believe this, others will call it bunk.

As Christian theology states, Adam and Eve were created beings with Adam first, and Eve second. Since they were not born as you and I are, they probably did not have belly buttons. However the matter is inconsequential when it comes to overall belief. You can believe whatever you want on that issue Christian or non-Christian.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Ask the aliens that created them

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
God is the name of a pagan deity of chance! Lord means BA'AL... and who did the creator order the jews to tear down altars of... Ba'al or Ba'alim. Geez people look up the meaning of words if you call yourself a christian! God isn't the creator's name! It not Jehovah, its not god, its not even lord! I suggest to learn Hebrew and Greek and you will learn what it means to know the "name"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

aw mwah what a cute question...!

well, the story says they were created from dust and spit so that means they would not have had belly buttons...but it also says...god made him in his image so ?

maybe they do?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
Since, according to the Christian Bible, they weren't conceived in a womb they wouldn't have needed umbilical cords. If they did have belly buttons, and man was created in Gods image, does God have a belly button? If God does have a belly button, in whose womb was God conceived?

Why is the Christian God always referred to as He, Him, God the Father? Wouldn't it make more sense, if one has to choose a sex for God, to make It female since It sort of gave birth so to speak to humans? Why are males given such a leadership role? Wouldn't it be less confusing if God wasn't personified so much by assigning It a sex? Wouldn't it make more sense to refer to God as It?

Personally I think we have a huge misunderstanding of the nature of God. It's human nature to try and define things, but this is a case where we should accept that we cannot. An entity that has always existed, that created the universe, that is everywhere, that exists outside of time, that knows the number of hairs on each person's head? It's senseless to ask if he is male or female, because he's not flesh and blood. But I think "it", while possibly being more accurate, is too impersonal to use. Sounds too much like an inanimate object.

As far as belly buttons go, who knows. If you believe the Adam and Eve story, then they were created, but even if they weren't born in a womb there's no reason God couldn't have created them with belly buttons. So the answer is they may or may not have had them, we do not know and it doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
God isn't the creator's name!

Stale old argument that's been addressed countless times. God is an English word and no, it's not the name of a pagan deity.

The earliest written form of the Germanic word god comes from the 6th century Christian Codex Argenteus. The English word itself is derived from the Proto-Germanic * ǥuđan. Most linguists agree that the reconstructed Proto-Indo-European form * ǵhu-tó-m was based on the root * ǵhau(ə)-, which meant either "to call" or "to invoke". The Germanic words for god were originally neuter—applying to both genders—but during the process of the Christianization of the Germanic peoples from their indigenous Germanic paganism, the word became a masculine syntactic form.

The capitalized form God was first used in Ulfilas's Gothic translation of the New Testament, to represent the Greek Theos. In the English language, the capitalization continues to represent a distinction between monotheistic "God" and "gods" in polytheism. In spite of significant differences between religions such as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, the Bahá'í Faith, and Judaism, the term "God" remains an English translation common to all. The name may signify any related or similar monotheistic deities, such as the early monotheism of Akhenaten and Zoroastrianism.

When used in English within a community with a common monotheistic background, "God" always refers to the deity they share. Those with a background in different Abrahamic religions will usually agree on the deity they share, while still differing on details of belief and doctrine—they will disagree about attributes of [the] God, rather than thinking in terms of "my God" and "your (different) God".

Link

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You know that Hermes was actually the Ancient Egypt Thoth. The Greeks got much of their knowledge from Egypt.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If you read the Bible, God created "created" Humans before Adam and Eve. But they didn't till the soil or plow the fields. So God started over and Created Adam and Eve! They didn't have belly buttons because God created them. Their kids, however, had belly buttons. The were born of Man,
well brothers fought and one died, the other went to the land of nod, this was the place that the first people lived, abd he found a wife. But Adam and Eve didn't have a belly button! Their children did.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

God's Name is Yhwh...God has alot of names though.
And as for the belly button issue....who cares?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by copperhead12
If you read the Bible, God created "created" Humans before Adam and Eve. But they didn't till the soil or plow the fields. So God started over and Created Adam and Eve! They didn't have belly buttons because God created them. Their kids, however, had belly buttons. The were born of Man,
well brothers fought and one died, the other went to the land of nod, this was the place that the first people lived, abd he found a wife. But Adam and Eve didn't have a belly button! Their children did.

Show me where it says god created humans before adam and eve.
off topic i know, but i need to know.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

"Show me where it says god created humans before adam and eve."

And the Gods said "Let us make man in our own image,,
was not a good idea, it was man by commitee,,
so God said "I will make Man in My own image"
So the hand of God formed Adam in the flesh,

AND SET HIM APART,,, (sorry for capitals,not shouting ,,just important,) from the world at that time , and se t Man into a place,, to the East ,, in a place caled,,,,

well u know the rest of the story,,

unfortunatly violence followed,,

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Originally posted by GmoS719

And the Gods said "Let us make man in our own image,,
was not a good idea, it was man by commitee,,
so God said "I will make Man in My own image"
So the hand of God formed Adam in the flesh,

AND SET HIM APART,,, (sorry for capitals,not shouting ,,just important,) from the world at that time , and se t Man into a place,, to the East ,, in a place caled,,,,

well u know the rest of the story,,

unfortunatly violence followed,,

I've never read that, what version of the bible are you reading?

This is directly of out the bible

Genesis 1

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

reply to post by RizeorDie

Ok since you brought up Islam, did Allah create humans in his image? I was questioning the Christian Bible because it's the only holy book I have any experience with, albeit very limited experience. Does your God mention the creation of humans at all? Are we created in his image as well?

The Christian God purports Itself to be the Alpha and Omega as well. Again, the assumption that we are created in Its image would imply that we are the Alpha and Omega too.

Is Allah referred as Him or It or just Allah?

muslims jews and christians worship the same god

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

reply to post by RizeorDie

Ok since you brought up Islam, did Allah create humans in his image? I was questioning the Christian Bible because it's the only holy book I have any experience with, albeit very limited experience. Does your God mention the creation of humans at all? Are we created in his image as well?

The Christian God purports Itself to be the Alpha and Omega as well. Again, the assumption that we are created in Its image would imply that we are the Alpha and Omega too.

Is Allah referred as Him or It or just Allah?

muslims jews and christians worship the same god

Actually I hear Muslims are devil worshipers.
Just thought I would throw that out there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join