learn more

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

People praise God and Jesus, but Mary doesn't seem to be of any importance.

Actually Catholics praise Mary all the time. Usually 5 or 6 times a day if I remember from a very bizarre few years spent in Catholic high school.

Hail Mary, full of grace. Our Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

That is so funny! I was just thinking that same question the other day....I guess great minds really do think of the weirdest things

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Adam and Eve were the first Reptilians. They came from eggs. From another dimension. Ergo they did not have belly buttons.
QED

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Adam & Eve would not of had belly buttons. Bully buttons are the result of children being tied to their mother. Neither Adam or Eve were born of a mother. This is actually a very easy question, imo.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by addygrace

Right but it's the implications that bug me. If they didn't have belly buttons, and were not born in the sense that you and I were born, and were created in Gods image, then how could they have had the ability to reproduce the way you and I reproduce? If God wasn't born the way you and I were born either, then were did that process come from?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Adam & Eve's ancestors had black skin....so one might conclude that Adam and Eve had black skin....

Link about ancestors: www.stewartsynopsis.com...

Let me preface this post to say that I don't believe the biblical story of Adam and Eve to be logical or credible. That being said, there is a school of thought that "the mark of Cain" is black skin.

This has been rejected by many as racist and white supremacist. Personally, along the same school of thought, I would ask "why couldn't the mark have been blond hair and blue eyes, with white skin?" That would scare the bejeebers out of the native population, and accounts for evil neo Nazis!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If your ever in the Cistene Chapel in Rome,, look at the ceiling,, there is a picture of Adam.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
reply to post by RizeorDie

Ok since you brought up Islam, did Allah create humans in his image? I was questioning the Christian Bible because it's the only holy book I have any experience with, albeit very limited experience. Does your God mention the creation of humans at all? Are we created in his image as well?

The Christian God purports Itself to be the Alpha and Omega as well. Again, the assumption that we are created in Its image would imply that we are the Alpha and Omega too.

Is Allah referred as Him or It or just Allah?

Please all Muslums forgive me if I misstate......

Allah is the God of Abraham. God told Abraham that his seed would produce a large number of decendants, who would inherit the Land of Canaan. But, Sarah was baren. So Abraham had sex with Sarah's handmaid, Hagar. She bore a son. Ismael. Sarah got preggers and gave birth to Isaac. And then, she got jealous and felt that Ismael was a threat to her son's Isaacs God given right.

So Abraham kicked Hagar and Ismael out. It is from the decendants of Ismael that the prophet Mohamud was born. So, Muslums DO accept the Biblical story of Genesis.

About belly buttons. God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and have babies. Although, Adam and Eve might not of had belly buttons, Cain and Able did. Imagine the questions of 2 little boys. "Mommy how come you don't have a penis? How come I have a hole in my tummy and you and daddy don't." "Mommy, how come God is mad at us?"
edit on 15-8-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by ZeroReady
reply to post by RizeorDie

Ok since you brought up Islam, did Allah create humans in his image? I was questioning the Christian Bible because it's the only holy book I have any experience with, albeit very limited experience. Does your God mention the creation of humans at all? Are we created in his image as well?

The Christian God purports Itself to be the Alpha and Omega as well. Again, the assumption that we are created in Its image would imply that we are the Alpha and Omega too.

Is Allah referred as Him or It or just Allah?

Please all Muslums forgive me if I misstate......

Allah is the God of Abrham. God told Abraham that his seed would a large number of decendants, who would inherit the Land of Canaan. But, Sarah was baren. So Abraham had sex with Sarah's handmaid, Hagar. She bore a son. Ismael. Sarah got preggers and gave birth to Isaac. And then, she got jealous and felt that Ismael was a threat to her son's Isaacs God given right.

"So Abraham kicked Hagar and Ismael out. "
excuse me but ,thats not completely true,, she would not alow her son too be circumsized,,,is what i heard,,but anyway had her son been circumsized, she would have lost title for her son ,,amounst her people,,,,,they didnt like cicumsision,,,so too say that Abraham kicked her out,,,,,,not quite true.
have too finish reading

It is from the decendants of Ismael that the prophet Mohamud was born. So, Muslums DO accept the Biblical story of Genesis.

About belly buttons. God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and have babies. Although, Adam and Eve might not of had belly buttons, Cain and Able did. Imagine the questions of 2 little boys. "Mommy how come you don't have a penis? How come I have a hole in my tummy and you and daddy don't." "Mommy, how come God is mad at us?"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
""Mommy, how come God is mad at us?"
unquote
Mommy what's love?

its when mommy is mad at you for disobeying,
,because,,love,,sometimes means as a parent,
children grow up,,

mommy whats murder?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
""Mommy, how come God is mad at us?"
unquote
Mommy what's love?

its when mommy is mad at you for disobeying,
,because,,love,,sometimes means as a parent,
children grow up,,

mommy whats murder?

"God is mad at us because we found out about good and evil." "Murder is what Abel did when he "sacrificed" an animal to God. Murder is evil."

Love is when you make bad fart jokes at dinner time, dinner made from the plants you gathered from the ground that God rejected, and Mommy forgives you.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

I agree 100%. I never understood the "He" or "Holy Father", like are they sexist? It's a woman who gives birth. But that doesn't matter cause society (along with ancient civilizations) is run by males. Even in the Bible, Genesis 1:26, it says

Then God said, “Let US make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

I realize that it's plural because of Spirit, Father & Son, the trinity or Elohim or whatever. This was also incorporated in Ancient Egyptian Mythology, same exact trinity! So many Ancient Egyptian ideologies were incorporated in Christianity. For what reason does the Vatican have an Obelisk (an Ancient Egyptian monument) on a supposed monotheistic establishment?

to find out this, you have to read the book that hermes trismegistus wrote called the poemander it gives a more complete representation than the bible does...according to hermes, god saw a watery substance and "cohabited" with it, this is also mentioned in genesis 1.........afterwards man and all creatures came out of the watery substance and he saw that they were all good, he was especially taken to the man that looked like him.....so, they probably didn't have belly buttons since the belly button is where the umbillical cord is attached, the story would suggest that they didn't go through a gestation period, so no need for intraintestinal feeding.......and that's why they call them a he...the waters were apparently the she in this equation...
edit on 15-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

"Murder is what Abel did when he "sacrificed" an animal to God. Murder is evil."
facinating story,, u do realize that satan, offered,,lol,,, the ram,, as a replacement of Issacs son,,,, right? lol

now the rest of the story goes,
that God.Issac already knew this would happen,
, so they tested satan,,
to see if he would ,,
lie,, or not,, lol
edit on 15-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

they had no intention of murdering Issac,, get it ? lol
edit on 15-8-2011 by BobAthome because: disregard fact that satan first tempted abraham,,ohhhh look,,a nice Ram,,no blemish's,,mmmmm

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

Then God said, “Let US make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in to find out this, you have to read the book that hermes trismegistus wrote called the poemander it gives a more complete representation than the bible does...according to hermes, god saw a watery substance and "cohabited" with it, this is also mentioned in genesis 1.........afterwards man and all creatures came out of the watery substance and he saw that they were all good, he was especially taken to the man that looked like him.....so, they probably didn't have belly buttons since the belly button is where the umbillical cord is attached, the story would suggest that they didn't go through a gestation period, so no need for intraintestinal feeding.......

Interesting. I've always rationalized the HE, of God being the sperm of life, The impregnation of matter. She is Mother Earth, He is the father, that we won't meet until we are born. Whatever that means.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

"Murder is what Abel did when he "sacrificed" an animal to God. Murder is evil."
facinating story,, u do realize that satan, offered,,lol,,, the ram,, as a replacement of Issacs son,,,, right? lol

now the rest of the story goes,
that God.Issac already knew this would happen,
, so they tested satan,,
to see if he would ,,
lie,, or not,, lol

they had no intention of murdering Issac,, get it ? lol
edit on 15-8-2011 by BobAthome because: disregard fact that satan first tempted abraham,,ohhhh look,,a nice Ram,,no blemish's,,mmmmm

I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you please give the scripture, book and verse?

Do you understand that Abel's sacrifice was accepted and Cain's was rejected by God. Cain killed Abel, possibly as the ultimate sacrifice, and the 1st human sacrifice. "Take this God!"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
According to the myth I don't suppose they had belly buttons as the first created humans.

I also often wonder what Adam did with his male bits in the Garden of Eden, and why he needed them before Eve in the Genesis chapter 2 version?
Since Adam was made in God's image one can only assume God has male genitalia?
However, unlike Adam, God never grew "lonely" with His dangly bits, and made an Eve for Adam, but not for Himself.
It seems that Eve was shaped around Adam, and he could only use his junk when they were thrown out the garden.
So why shape those genitalia, unless God had a plan to set them up in the first place?
edit on 15-8-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Cain's was rejected by God. Cain killed Abel,

reread what i wrote.
because lambs where part of the story too come,, Cain and Able did not know that the symbols of the Lamb, would be part of Gods plan from the beginning,,god did not reject Cain offer,, just wasn't the right time,, for it,,
So he got Jealous of Able,,
was spending too much time with god and not with him,,, was a bit spoiled,,

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

"in God's image one can only assume God has male genitalia? "
no
it means that the image of "life"
and its creation,,
was now within Adam.,
,along with Eve,
in a material form,
it is the extension of the idea of the Unique Creation of God,
man and women

first Adam joke,,,

or penis

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by patternfinder

Then God said, “Let US make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in to find out this, you have to read the book that hermes trismegistus wrote called the poemander it gives a more complete representation than the bible does...according to hermes, god saw a watery substance and "cohabited" with it, this is also mentioned in genesis 1.........afterwards man and all creatures came out of the watery substance and he saw that they were all good, he was especially taken to the man that looked like him.....so, they probably didn't have belly buttons since the belly button is where the umbillical cord is attached, the story would suggest that they didn't go through a gestation period, so no need for intraintestinal feeding.......

Interesting. I've always rationalized the HE, of God being the sperm of life, The impregnation of matter. She is Mother Earth, He is the father, that we won't meet until we are born. Whatever that means.

that would be why we look like animals, our bodies are the image of mother nature (the watery substance)and our souls are the image of God....that puts a whole new perspective on this.....
edit on 15-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Cain's was rejected by God. Cain killed Abel,

reread what i wrote.
because lambs where part of the story too come,, Cain and Able did not know that the symbols of the Lamb, would be part of Gods plan from the beginning,,god did not reject Cain offer,, just wasn't the right time,, for it,,
So he got Jealous of Able,,
was spending too much time with god and not with him,,, was a bit spoiled,,

That's insane. Are you suggesting that, in order to write his book or produce his play, God manipulated people to do what the story would ascribe rather than writing about what happened and how the story unfolds?

That would be evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join