It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Double
edit on 8/15/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wongy

why would you want to know?!

Because I think it matters! It's the beginning of one of the most widely read books in the history of mankind. But it isn't discussed and I think it makes a difference in how the story unfolds. Implying that God has a belly button because we do too would mean that someone or something birthed God. That would negate his whole "I am the Alpha and Omega" trip because He wouldn't have actually been the beginning.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Your being difficult........ You're not allowed to ask
difficult questions ..... People will get annoyed with you

edit on 15-8-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR

hi ZeroReady,

great question...

i think the scientific answer is that they were created...

seeya

I think the scientific answer would be they evolved, so if they existed, yes they did.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftyMedi

Also my dad and grandad don't have belly button, does this make them biblical??

Surely you mean umbiblical...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

It could be that Mary was simply chosen as vessel so that Jesus the man would be born just as any other man (complete with belly button). Perhaps it could have just as easily been any other woman with a healthy uterus who happened to live in the area where God felt Jesus the Christ would have had the desired effect. She was just lucky maybe.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Adam & Eve's ancestors had black skin....so one might conclude that Adam and Eve had black skin....

Link about ancestors: www.stewartsynopsis.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
God has no Sons, daughters, wives, cousins, uncles, fathers or mothers.
We are the Borg .lower your shields and surrender your ships.

God is one, the unknown, the beginning and end, alpha and omega.

WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

and yes, I am a muslim.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

It could be that Mary was simply chosen as vessel so that Jesus the man would be born just as any other man (complete with belly button). Perhaps it could have just as easily been any other woman with a healthy uterus who happened to live in the area where God felt Jesus the Christ would have had the desired effect. She was just lucky maybe.

Yes, but it's said in the Bible we must become married before 'doing it'. I guess by artificial insemination, that wouldn't apply or something. Hence, God didn't need to get married before having a kid, but we human's do.

It's a damn confusing world we live in.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I agree 100%. I never understood the "He" or "Holy Father", like are they sexist? It's a woman who gives birth. But that doesn't matter cause society (along with ancient civilizations) is run by males. Even in the Bible, Genesis 1:26, it says

Then God said, “Let US make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

I realize that it's plural because of Spirit, Father & Son, the trinity or Elohim or whatever. This was also incorporated in Ancient Egyptian Mythology, same exact trinity! So many Ancient Egyptian ideologies were incorporated in Christianity. For what reason does the Vatican have an Obelisk (an Ancient Egyptian monument) on a supposed monotheistic establishment?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

yes, adam and eve have belly buttons. Because the mythical story of genesis is just a story of the birth of humans.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAliens

Originally posted by ShiftyMedi

Also my dad and grandad don't have belly button, does this make them biblical??

Surely you mean umbiblical...

Oh, i see what you did there. Good show. I like you. Everyone else can take it seriouslly to an early grave. We're gonna have fun with word play.ha

(after reading that back, it sounded really sarcastic. I really did 'laugh out loud' but can't bring myself to type those three letters)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
One thing for sue if it was something that matters it would get a mentioning. As it is, it keeps those who deny Christ occupied. In that respect, it's great question.
edit on 15-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

One thing for sue if it was something that matters it would get a mentioning. As it is, it keeps those who deny Christ occupied. In that respect, it's great question.
edit on 15-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

So you're saying we shouldn't question our beliefs?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Yes, but it's said in the Bible we must become married before 'doing it'.

The justification for this is everything we do must glorify God and his image. Including "doing it." God is only glorified by "it" if the couple is married. However, methinks, since God was the one responsible for the immaculate conception, it was inherently glorifying Him. Also, Christians like to use the phrase, "a relationship with God". This can be interpreted the same as a marriage the way we think of marriage. So Mary was, figuratively speaking, already married to God.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by RizeorDie

Ok since you brought up Islam, did Allah create humans in his image? I was questioning the Christian Bible because it's the only holy book I have any experience with, albeit very limited experience. Does your God mention the creation of humans at all? Are we created in his image as well?

The Christian God purports Itself to be the Alpha and Omega as well. Again, the assumption that we are created in Its image would imply that we are the Alpha and Omega too.

Is Allah referred as Him or It or just Allah?

god created man in the best image we are told. but not in his image. we dont know what god looks like or what god is.

in islam you are not meant to said he to refer to god, but people do it anyway. as you said, we are meant to just call him allah, or the creator.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

reply to post by RizeorDie

Ok since you brought up Islam, did Allah create humans in his image? I was questioning the Christian Bible because it's the only holy book I have any experience with, albeit very limited experience. Does your God mention the creation of humans at all? Are we created in his image as well?

The Christian God purports Itself to be the Alpha and Omega as well. Again, the assumption that we are created in Its image would imply that we are the Alpha and Omega too.

Is Allah referred as Him or It or just Allah?

Both Christianity and Islam find their roots in Judaism so its all the same deity.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReadyThe justification for this is everything we do must glorify God and his image. Including "doing it." God is only glorified by "it" if the couple is married. However, methinks, since God was the one responsible for the immaculate conception, it was inherently glorifying Him. Also, Christians like to use the phrase, "a relationship with God". This can be interpreted the same as a marriage the way we think of marriage. So Mary was, figuratively speaking, already married to God.

Yes. That's what I'm trying to get to.

Where is Mary in all of this...

People praise God and Jesus, but Mary doesn't seem to be of any importance.

What ever happened to Mary?

Who created Mary...Surely, it would be questionable that God also created his wife, don't you think?

Sounds kind of creepy to me. It's almost as if she was just his 'fantasy' girl, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

I think that Jesus Christ is believed to be both human and not-human, equally and completely. He was supposed to be able to experience the human condition without the various complications that come with being omnipotent, but at the same time he was supposed to be the direct representation of God on Earth.

So where does Mary fall into all of this? Was she just some random girl God knocked up, so to speak?

Was God married to Mary? Or is that just some rule made up for humans?

Great question.. although in a scientific sense, if two people were to have a child outwith wedlock but didnt have sex to concieve there child would this be acceptable in the christian church.. ?
(cause you know, science lets you have kids without the actual act of making kids these days, which i dont think was covered in the bible, which for a god that can see everything you think it was a major oversight if he wasnt big on the idea)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

So, Mary is the Mother of Jesus, does that mean, Mary is equivalent to God, in a sense?

One of the chief complaints Protestantism has with Catholicism is the idolatry of the Catholic Saints, specifically the worship of Mary as anything more than an ordinary woman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join