It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Since, according to the Christian Bible, they weren't conceived in a womb they wouldn't have needed umbilical cords. If they did have belly buttons, and man was created in Gods image, does God have a belly button? If God does have a belly button, in whose womb was God conceived?

Why is the Christian God always referred to as He, Him, God the Father? Wouldn't it make more sense, if one has to choose a sex for God, to make It female since It sort of gave birth so to speak to humans? Why are males given such a leadership role? Wouldn't it be less confusing if God wasn't personified so much by assigning It a sex? Wouldn't it make more sense to refer to God as It?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Adam and Eve didn't exist. The Christian story of creation is not real. Ergo, no belly buttons.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

hi ZeroReady,

great question...

i think the scientific answer is that they were created...

seeya

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

Well right I get that. But A LOT of people seem to think that they were real. That they lived real lives and were created by God from the firmament. I was hoping to hear from someone who does believe they existed.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
God has no Sons, daughters, wives, cousins, uncles, fathers or mothers.

God is one, the unknown, the beginning and end, alpha and omega.

and yes, I am a muslim.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well,adam and eve were not real.

But there were at one point,the two first humans....through Evolution.

They had to be born just like us.So yes, the first two humans ( We can call them adam and eve if you like) had belly buttons.

That is my pseudo scientific thought process.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There is no way to know, there is only faith.

All religions were created by man as far as we can ever know. History itself should always be questioned.

link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

you people make my brain hurt.

link   
I was contemplating a similar question the other day...

Jesus is referred to as the 'Son of God'...

Jesus was a human, or no?

ETA:

So, Mary is the Mother of Jesus, does that mean, Mary is equivalent to God, in a sense?

edit on 8/15/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
That is what you call a paradox.

Very good. Since this can only be answered theoretically, I will give it a go. It should be noted that I am Agnostic and hold no religion dear.

I will say no, they did not have belly buttons, they were created in Gods image so no, God also does not have a belly button.

The belly button must of come around as a genetic mutation arrived at by Adam mating with Eve, as Eve was made from Adams rib (i think right)

So when their DNA mixed, it created a genetic malfunctions in their offspring that resulted in the belly button. (in-breeding problem)

I think regarding God as "It" is a great idea. Who could possibly assign a gender to a unknown God. Any gender put there was created by humans it would seem.

edit on 15-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: eta

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
...yep, there was no reason for belly buttons... for eve to have been created the way its portrayed, adam mustve had a big-aced incision... maybe that was the first butt crack... no, wait, that doesnt work either... nevermind...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Ok since you brought up Islam, did Allah create humans in his image? I was questioning the Christian Bible because it's the only holy book I have any experience with, albeit very limited experience. Does your God mention the creation of humans at all? Are we created in his image as well?

The Christian God purports Itself to be the Alpha and Omega as well. Again, the assumption that we are created in Its image would imply that we are the Alpha and Omega too.

Is Allah referred as Him or It or just Allah?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
More importantly, were their bely buttons "innies" or "outies"? I hope not outies. Ew

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

What exactly do you mean by "you people?" Those who question religious scripture or those who blindly believe in it?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
why would you want to know?!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wongy
why would you want to know?!

Some people prefer to understand things before making their minds up.

For some, a leap of faith is no different than a leap off of a bridge.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I always thought that if they existed, then they wouldn't of had belly buttons. Although after reading down this list, the word belly button has lost all meaning now.

Also my dad and grandad don't have belly button, does this make them biblical??
edit on 15/8/2011 by ShiftyMedi because: Spelling Mistake

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

I think that Jesus Christ is believed to be both human and not-human, equally and completely. He was supposed to be able to experience the human condition without the various complications that come with being omnipotent, but at the same time he was supposed to be the direct representation of God on Earth.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftyMedi

How the hell didn't they have belly buttons?!?!?

ALIENS!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
reply to post by BeyondPerception

I think that Jesus Christ is believed to be both human and not-human, equally and completely. He was supposed to be able to experience the human condition without the various complications that come with being omnipotent, but at the same time he was supposed to be the direct representation of God on Earth.

So where does Mary fall into all of this? Was she just some random girl God knocked up, so to speak?

Was God married to Mary? Or is that just some rule made up for humans?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join