It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

Like so many of these tragic incidents involving the police, not enough information at present to make an honest appraisal of the case... I'm sure it'll all come out in good time.

www.lehighvalleylive.com...

Hmm the cops find "drugs" and they are intimidating a witness, very interesting...

It is amusing, the one "law abiding citizens have no reason to tell cops to get a warrant" seems like the neo-nazi's are out in force today..

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I don't agree with it either, but reading similar stories of dog-murdering pigs could have driven this guy over the edge. If cops didn't routinely murder dogs, this would not be an issue.

You named the issue right here in about the 3rd comment . No need to read on as this is also THe hot topic at another forum .

At first I thought it had happened in England and it seemed bizarre , but now that i know it took place in the usA I can see why it happened . too many dog killings and people killings going on by the police and it always ends up that the good cop gets killed rather than the bad ones.

We had a case in australia recently when a good copper was radomly killed by lowlifes .Trouble is there has been bad cop killings of innocent mentally impaired people here . so you see how it works .

What you trigger happy police give out as rough justice comes back to haunt the goood guys amoungst you and their families .

STOP the KILLINGS we are not at WAR with each other

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
www.nbcphiladelphia.com... new news out of phili i guess the shooters prior arrest was actualy carried out by the officer he shot a few years prior....small world or old grudge?

maps.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl thats the suspects house i think on google earth
edit on 16-8-2011 by KilrathiLG because: map linky

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I don't agree with it either, but reading similar stories of dog-murdering pigs could have driven this guy over the edge. If cops didn't routinely murder dogs, this would not be an issue.

STOP the KILLINGS we are not at WAR with each other

The problem is it is only going to get worse. We have to remember that Gen-Y aka Millennial Generation is also the "Zero Tolerance" generation. That means within a decade or so that "Zero Tolerance" will be turned in on itself and I wouldn't be surprised if cop's who violated the rule of law were tried with treason. Or in the near future governors made liberal use of the word "insurrection" to justify declaring martial law in a county were cop's are acting afoul and using the national guard against them.

It is the force of history, and someone has to be scapegoated for the actions of the last decade or so. We understand that they are "just following orders", but human rights law's and various treaties acknowledge that "just following orders" is a confession of guilt and doesn't count as a valid defense to human rights abuses.
edit on 16-8-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

I made that point a few pages back. The cop knew this man. Which I'm going to guess is why he refused to wait it out, and just went for the house even though he obviously wasn't welcome.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl sorry to repost but i didnt think it worked last time and from looking at the house it seems that the yard isnt fenced and i dont see how its possible to speed in the alleyway atleast it wouldnt be very far or for very long

and that would be the complantiants house 126 Washington Street, Freemansburg, PA would be the complantants houe up a block and a round the corner
edit on 16-8-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

from zooming in at max and using the street view function the speedlimit is 40 out side the nighbors house almost all the way to the shooters door so speeding could have been a possability but i dunno
edit on 16-8-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
www.odmp.org... very pro cop page but it seems to claim that the dogs did infact bite the officer so that might get rid of some more of his defence

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl sorry to repost but i didnt think it worked last time and from looking at the house it seems that the yard isnt fenced and i dont see how its possible to speed in the alleyway atleast it wouldnt be very far or for very long

Really makes you wonder if the cop and the neighbor tried to set-up Hitcho. Heck that officer Lasso from the mail online picture looks the sort(I mean he looks shifty).

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Thats interesting that you have named Gen Y as Zero tolerance . I think you are right . BTW which generation is gen Y . the current ones? They do seem to not be able to tolerate much at all .

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Thats interesting that you have named Gen Y as Zero tolerance . I think you are right . BTW which generation is gen Y . the current ones? They do seem to not be able to tolerate much at all .

Born after 1981 is the accepted beginning date for Gen Y and will probably settle out around the mid 2010's I am guessing(while some use 1982-2001?).

This is just the boomers and gen X getting restless, the real fun shouldn't start for another 5-7 years.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
No human should ever kill another human. Period.

However, I cannot help but think that this individual knew how cops have been behaving lately, and he was probably on his guard, expecting for the cop to look for an excuse to go on a power trip.

Cops need to realize that the person they're dealing with isn't always going to be a timid wimp that will just be pushed around. There's always going to be someone bigger, badder, and crazier than they are. And if that bigger, badder, crazier person has a big, bad, dangerous gun also, chances are the cop is going to be sorry. They need to remember they aren't the only people who carry guns, and that their vests aren't impenetrable body armor.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
supreme.justia.com... this might be his loophole....its an OLD one and im no where near a constitutional scholar but he MIGHT have a shot although in the case in the source it was a cop trying to arrest another cop but i think the general principal applies

"SEC. 7139. An arrest may be either --"

"1. By a peace officer, under a warrant;"

"2. By a peace officer, without a warrant, or"

"3. By a private person."

"SEC. 7141. If the offense charged is a felony, the arrest may be made on any day and at any time of the day or night. If it is a misdemeanor, the arrest cannot be made at night, unless upon the direction of the magistrate indorsed upon the warrant."

"SEC. 7144. The officer must inform the defendant that he acts under the authority of the warrant, and must also show the warrant if required."

"SEC. 7145. If, after notice of intention to arrest the defendant, he either flee or forcibly resist, the officer may use all necessary means to effect the arrest."

"SEC. 7148. A peace officer may, without a warrant, arrest a person --"

"1. For a public offense committed or attempted in his presence."

"2. When the person arrested has committed a felony, although not in his presence."

"3. When a felony has in fact been committed, and he has reasonable cause for believing the person arrested to have committed it."

"4. On a charge, made upon reasonable cause, of the commission of a felony by the party arrested."

"SEC. 7150. He may also at night, without a warrant, arrest any person whom he has reasonable cause for believing to have committed a felony, and is justified in making the arrest, though it afterward appear that the felony had not been committed."

"SEC. 7151. When arresting a person without a warrant, the officer must inform him of his authority and the cause of the arrest, except when he is in the actual commission of a public offense or is pursued immediately after an escape."

"SEC. 7153. When a public offense is committed in the presence of a magistrate, he may, by a verbal or written order, command any person to arrest the offender, and may thereupon proceed as if the offender had been brought before him on a warrant of arrest."

"SEC. 7154. A private person may arrest another--"

"1. For a public offense committed or attempted in his presence."

"2. When the person arrested has committed a felony, although not in his presence."

"3. When a felony has been in fact committed and he has reasonable cause for believing the person arrested to have committed it."

"SEC. 7155. He must, before making the arrest, inform the person to be arrested of the cause thereof, and require him to submit, except when he is in the actual commission of the offense or when he is arrested on pursuit immediately after its commission."

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
People say or infer the guy was not paranoid.
I would ask if this is the case then why have so many weapons/guns in his house?

Why blast the policeman in the face (With intent to kill him) when he could have used non lethal force.
He could have said (if he was rational about it+assuming the police officer did not have a warrent)
"Leave and come back with a warrent then I will legally drop my weapons"
He then could have then turned around/backed off and retreated into his property.

If he used non lethal force on the police officer by wounding, then the police officer could retaliate
in which case he used excessive force with intent to kill him so he could not retaliate.

Who cares about 2 dogs and your bs rants about "freedom" This is a civilised society not the wild west?
That police officer's family now do not have a dad and will live with that for the rest of their lives.
The damage this man did over the sake of his 2 dogs is immense..
At least have some respect for the police they do a good job overall.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

pretty much, because the only solid thing is his neighbor was mad at him for "speeding" in an alley way(any clue if the alley way had a speed sign?+ if the alley is private property and if Hitcho owns the alley way he can drive as he pleases).

But I have a feeling the cops+ prosecutors in the Leigh Valley will stop at nothing(even lies and fabrications) to get a conviction.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Limbo

Who cares about 2 dogs and your bs rants about "freedom" This is a civilised society not the wild west?
That police officer's family now do not have a dad and will live with that for the rest of their lives.
The damage this man did over the sake of his 2 dogs is immense..
At least have some respect for the police they do a good job overall.

The officer should of had a warrant; and if you look at the picture of the officer in question he kind of looked like a pedophile. I am not saying he is a pedo, it is he just looks it. The freedom you call bs is the foundation of any civilized society.

Right, the problem is the "police" only seem to enforce law's when they are directed against the "average citizen". When law's that make it illegal for land lord's, businesses and other institutions to do stuff are broken it is a "civil matter".

Maybe if this cop would of gotten the warrant his wife and kid's wouldn't have to go to a civil funeral. The only one responsible for officer Lasso's death is officer Lasso.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I dont like cops, but no cop deserves to be shot dead because he pointed a stun gun at what was probably a dog appearing as though it wanted to attack him. Put the trigger happy psycho behind bars for life.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Think of what you just said - the police officer is guilty of his own death and the other guy is justified in what he did. oooooookkkkkkk...
The foundation of a civlised society is open debate not violence. Violence is BS
There's plenty of other countries out there that don't have militant gun toting lunatics dotted
about the neighbourhood and they are quite civilised trust me..
edit on 16-8-2011 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This thread is really sad .actually . so many strong feelings evoked in people , but its still really sad that this policeman , but another human person firstly had to loose his life over a DOG the opposite of GOD .

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

from what i saw i couldnt go down the alley way with the googe view(maby even they had heard of the guy) and if u look at the sattelite link and directions from complantant to suspects house its 40mph but i cant see any signs on the alley way but it was my understanding from driving in diffrent states that alleyways are by default 15 mph zones i think? and id have to agree with you the neighbor defiantly didnt help the situation and i can sort of feel for the guy as ive been the "villan" of the neighborhood before but meh he needs a good lawyer and needs to find some obsure law to try to defend him self with or he will most likely get lethal injection for this

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Born after 1981 is the accepted beginning date for Gen Y and will probably settle out around the mid 2010's I am guessing(while some use 1982-2001?).

This is just the boomers and gen X getting restless, the real fun shouldn't start for another 5-7 years.

I see your point and yes how things in 7 years with gen y at the helm should be pretty wild . are you a sociologist

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join