It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

if he was clear of any felonys or domestic violence convictions and was never forced into a mental institution against his will he could have legaly owned them but if he was a felon or guilty of domestic violence then no,also if they rule him addicted to marijuana or any other drug he can then loose those rights as well

he also could have been a felon and gotten his record expunged and gotten his gun rights back as well but thats far less likely in my opinion

and if his crazy screamings were to be belived he might have even had a permit......
edit on 15-8-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

ya the guy had 10+mins to get a gun while lasso was dealing with the dogs in a humane manner.

he was shot among the dogs not racing past them to the house.

link   

Originally posted by anumohi

Originally posted by SirMike
Unreal ... you shoot a cop because your dogs are threatening to attack him and he points his taser at them.

I hope they strap Hitcho to a gurney.

Some peoples dogs are their children , just law enforcement dogs are people.
if the cops were pointing anything at your children how would you respond????
i understand that its a sad tale but under the circumstances the cop should have used a different approach or just removed himself as directed by the property owner.

and by the way, if you kill a cop dog you're going to prison for murdering a policeman, so now figure it out

edit on 15-8-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

Right. Some children's parents are police officers. Get a clue. This thread is a joke. Some pretty delusional (dare I say mentally ill) people posting here. "I shot him in the face with a shotgun, because he responded to a disturbance at my home. How dare he! Because I released my dogs willingly, knowing full well that a police officer reserves the right to put them down if they are a threat to his/her health, and he "threatened" to tase them if I did not collect them and kennel them. How dare he! So, in light of possibly seeing my two dogs who I love so much get tased, they are like family to me, I shot the officer, a father of two, in the face. Anybody applauding this nutcase needs to seek help.

Let me get this straight....the officer does not have the right to defend himself, but this idiot has the right to defend his dogs? Got it.
edit on 8/15/2011 by mademyself1984 because: (no reason given)

Seems to me that the correct resolution to this would have been the idiot with the shotgun, acknowledged the police were called to his property (which means they did NOT need a warrant) to respond to a report, domestic in nature (something officers are trained to take very seriously, and to utilize extreme caution). Then, to ensure his dogs were a non issue. Then to discuss with police the situation that brought them to his residence in the first place. Contrary to what many of you seem to believe, not all police officers are bad, and you do NOT have the right to shoot people, cop or not, because you felt your rights or your property or your loved ones, or your pets....2 DOGS, needed to be "protected". Certainly situations dictate when and to what extreme would be reasonable to "defend" any of those things...this story is about as unreasonable of a killing of a police officer I have ever heard of.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

thank's buddy ?

reading it thrice, but the 1st scan already showing irregularities like sorta implying that there was a warrant, and this:

According to the search warrant, William Clancy, of 126 Washington St. in Freemansburg, called 911 at 5 p.m. after a confrontation with Hitcho about how fast Hitcho was driving. The rear of Hitcho's property is accessed by an alley that runs beside Clancy's home. When Lasso arrived, police said, Clancy directed him to Hitcho's home, about 100 yards up the alley.

WTF!?? where did lasso get the idea that clancy or himself were in danger?

and the plot thickens...

article is oddly, badly written...

allow me to read the article again
and again, though i must warn you i'm not here for the debates

just making a general comment on the current state of things

edit on 15-8-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

He's trying to tell you, that if you fire a warning shot at a cop you can expect it to be the only shot you fire. In other words, he's going to kill you if you give him a warning.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I hate My stupid Dog. He has a reputation of never listening If a Cop tazered it to death. I would not shed a tear, but I also hate cops who are on power trips that make all cops look bad, This guy did not shoot a Man. He shot a reputation of Cops in general,

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

In the 21st Century cops think they are above the law. Anyone not within the confines of the law is an outlaw. You can follow the train of logic.

Police Officers only additional "power" is the "power" not to be sued personally into oblivion if they make a bad arrest. That is it, hence the need for "warrants"(something the officer did not have). All this other garbage of probably cause has been an example of case law gone amok. No warrant no authority.

If a private citizens where to attempt to do to those animals as that cop did, the property owner would be well within his or her rights to shoot at the offender.

You can try and defend fascism all you want but no one is buying it. Either police stick to the law or they find a new job. It is not a matter of "yippie" it is a matter of rights. And if we don't defend them they will be lost for future generations. Already the state and it's thugs routinely violate the rule of law with no knock warrants and other gestapo like tactics.

And another thing, nice playing the role of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Don't give me "the children" BS. Only nazi-like punks have to fall back on using "children" as a shield because any-other argument would fail. I am guessing your a cop? Maybe your Chinese zodiac sign is a pig? Either way people are about fed up with the sheer level of fascism and totalitarianism creeping into our society. If the police want to play Rambo they should join the marines. There is no excuse for every rural police department in the country to have a swat team or swat training.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

from reading the article i think they got the warrent after the shooting so they could search his house and contiune the investigation ,also they arrested his buddys who suposedly witnessed the event but didnt wanna talk(im gonna assume they were part of the whole grow op was the cause of there arrest not them refusing to talk)

ah at least that article explains why the officer was aproaching the back it was accessed from an alley way that gives us some more info,correct me if im wrong but cops arent allowed to open gates and enter fenced yards with out warrents or am i mistaken on that one?
edit on 15-8-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984.

Let me get this straight....the officer does not have the right to defend himself, but this idiot has the right to defend his dogs? Got it.

Our "rights" have been so trampled over rights are no longer an issue; I do what I think is right for me. End of story. Perhaps it is the man's fault for having a yard that any sort of creature can wander into at will. I would fix that first. You are welcome in when I let you in. And I am not in the habit of letting just anyone come in to make sure I am in compliance with all the government whims. And I don't live in an environment where the government feels they have that right either. I don't need a "nanny." Don't send me one.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by mademyself1984

Actually, the police were not called to his property, but were directed there by the complainant, who was about 100 yards away.

They did need a warrant, as no crime had been committed on this man's property, there was no crime in progress, and the man refused to grant access to his property.

Simple law 101 here folks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

indeed it's getting confusing.

i'm also starting to wonder if it's a psyop, all these new plot twists are getting crazy .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You realize that none of what you just said is true right? In this century cops are above the law? Funny...I'm a cop, I have lots of friends that are cops, we are normal people, who help other normal people when they can no longer help themselves. Not only am I a cop, I'm a soldier who has served 36 months in Iraq. I didn't disrespect any Iraqi citizens, hell, I didn't even agree that we should have been in that country FOR THE REASONS we were there in the first place, however; we did accomplish great things in our time there (at least my unit did). I saw kids go to school in regions of that country where children going to school was never even a possibility prior to us BUILDING them schools. I saw women vote in an election, of candidates of THEIR choosing as a nation, for the first time in that country's history. I saw hospitals built to treat not only the innocent who were injured by the fighting, but those who were fighting the very soldiers treating them. Not everything is as black and white as everyone would like to believe, and the day you realize that, is the day you will stop bitching about all of the "fascism". Consider this....nearly 310,000.000 people live in this country....the fact that you can walk the streets, eat what you want, practice the religion you want, in some states even marry who you want. You can even commit heinous crimes, white collar crimes, crimes of passion, abuse drugs....drive drunk and kill people...and this country offers the ability to be rehabilitated. Most who break the law receive second, third, even fourth and so on chances to restore their quality of life, and their value to their communities. The fact that we are capable to even live the way we live is amazing considering how diverse and populated this country really is. If you choose to ignore the function of nearly ALL police officers or soldiers or government officials (are some a cancer? sure), then nobody can help you, and you will live every day of your life convinced life is anything but beautiful, people in general are there to hurt you, and you won't ever be satisfied with anything. If you HONESTLY think things in this country are that bad off. If you honestly believe everyone is out to get you or harm you or take away your liberty, do something to fix it. Bitching about it here isn't solving any of the problems that exist in your make believe world.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I don't agree with it either, but reading similar stories of dog-murdering pigs could have driven this guy over the edge. If cops didn't routinely murder dogs, this would not be an issue.

Can you please post an example of a 'pig' killing a dog with a stun-gun? Thank you.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

Blind optimism will also not help anything.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal

Blind optimism will also not help anything.

How is it "blind optimism"? It isn't my opinion. It is the way I do MY job. It is the way nearly every officer I do my job with does THEIR job...I find it extremely laughable that over 300 million people live in this country, and all anybody ever wants to talk about are the small percentages of people who choose to wrong or hurt others. If I MUST acknowledge some police officers are corrupt, then you must acknowledge that most are outstanding and genuinely caring people who place themselves in harm's way for YOU when YOU need it because they WANT to....not because they have to. Consider the amount of those people who are in some way part of the law enforcement mechanism. For every story of a "corrupt" police officer, there are hundreds, maybe even thousands, of police officers who are police officers ONLY because they want to help the people in their communities that need help they cannot provide themselves. I'm not a police officer so I can wave a badge in your face and stop you for a minor traffic violation in order to search your car and haul you away for a seed in your car seat. I chose this profession to help people that need it. Most cops I know are in it for the same thing. Don't try and tell me that is "blind optimism"...especially when I've seen it from this side of the fence for nearly 10 years. Have I heard of or personally seen soldiers or police officers do things that make me sick? Yes. And that is proof that not all soldiers or police officers are "fascists" or "pawns" or "gutless" or any other number of less than respectful adjectives you could (and probably do) use to describe us. There are people in Burger King spitting on cheeseburgers, there are teachers sleeping with students, there are pastors raping young kids, there are soldiers committing atrocities abroad, and there are police officers abusing their authority. Some people are bad people. Most people are good people.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by boncho

So do tell, how is firing a warning shot operating a firearm safely?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I don't deny that. I'm just saying your original post sounded a little like blind optimism.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Im not buying the warrant for traffic warnings confrontational one on one showdowns.
It sounds too personal.
Just catch him speeding and write him a ticket.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by KilrathiLG

Exactly my questions. Great post. The answers to those questions will clear up the waters, and will clear the name of one of the individuals.

I just donated some money to the officers family. This situation really sucks, and I do feel for them. The officer did seem like a good Guy, from what I have read. I am really hoping that Hitcho's story does not add up. If it doesn't, I will be first inline demanding the death penalty.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join