It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by Reconer

So in your world it is a-ok to just barge onto/into private property?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
funny how the chief shows up and is okay with initiating violence, as long as some other shmuck carries it out.

You couldn't be more wrong - it was the murderer who initiated the violence - setting his dogs on the cop.

What he chief did was tell the officer to defend himself against an unprovoked attack.............although i suspect he'd already worked out the need to do so, hence had his taser out at all!

And hten the murderer, having distracted the cops, shot one.

there was NO provocation from the cop at all - beyond making enquiries following up a citizen's report of domestic violence.

And there was NO request to leave the property either!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Reconer

If a policeman is making initial enquiries then it sort of requires him to go onto properties to at least knock on the door, wouldn't you think?

the murderer did not ask him to leave - he had only 2 interactions with the cop:

1/ set his dogs on him, without showing himself
2/ shoot him when he was distracted.

This is NOT a case of a cop barging around property he's been told to get out of or is on illegally - this is a cold blooded ambush of a police officer going making peaceful enquiries in response to a citizen's complaint.

I bet all the folk on here saying they'd do the same would also be the first to complain if a cop failed to promptly follow up any complaint they made - they strike me as the cowardly type.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Reply to post by Reconer

Is it okay to shoot people immediately if they come on your property? There are such things as warning shots...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
funny how the chief shows up and is okay with initiating violence, as long as some other shmuck carries it out.

You couldn't be more wrong - it was the murderer who initiated the violence - setting his dogs on the cop.

What he chief did was tell the officer to defend himself against an unprovoked attack.............although i suspect he'd already worked out the need to do so, hence had his taser out at all!

And hten the murderer, having distracted the cops, shot one.

there was NO provocation from the cop at all - beyond making enquiries following up a citizen's report of domestic violence.

And there was NO request to leave the property either!

'He tried to kill my dogs and pointed a gun in my face,' Hitcho said, according to the documents. 'I do not care if you a cop or not ...Unbelievable.'

The officer had been responding to a report of a disturbance and ended up at the back of Hitcho's house, authorities said.

Police Chief George Bruneio, who arrived after Mr Lasso requested assistance, instructed him to 'shoot the dogs' and that's when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired, authorities said.

what part of the article did you fail to read?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

what part of the article did you fail to read?

You must have missed this part:

Hitcho told police that Lasso was on his property, and tried to kill his dogs -- dogs which police said attacked Lasso prior to Hitcho shooting him with a shotgun.

and this part:

According to the search warrant, William Clancy, of 126 Washington St. in Freemansburg, called 911 at 5 p.m. after a confrontation with Hitcho about how fast Hitcho was driving. The rear of Hitcho's property is accessed by an alley that runs beside Clancy's home. When Lasso arrived, police said, Clancy directed him to Hitcho's home, about 100 yards up the alley.

and this part too:

Clancy said Friday that Hitcho threatened him, and that Lasso saved his life. Lasso made his way up the alley at 5:06 p.m. and called for backup. Freemansburg police chief George Bruneio arrived at 5:15 p.m., according to court papers, and found Lasso fighting with two dogs in Hitcho's backyard.

Link

The Daily Mail article was obviously tailored to play on the emotions of UK people, considering with what they have been going through. It wasn't giving both sides of the story.
edit on 15-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

ok, now i've figured out why you say lasso is a chump and ill-trained.

you think he should have shot the dogs right off!

oh wait..he didn't and was still murdered, hmmm.

if it was me, i wouldn't have let myself be cornered like that for so long or even.

yes, they knew each other which makes it all the more tragic.

the officer was giving this guy a chance to give his side of the story.

you don't know small towns, this was not downtown philly.

if it was there would have been a lot more cops at the house.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

According to the statements by Hitcho, he did advise the officer he needed a warrant.

I am going by the facts we have at the moment. If it changes, I will by all means change my stance, if the facts dictate it.

I jabe also seen no evidence of Hitching siccing the dogs on the officer.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

The fact that he proceeded past the dogs was where he was a chump. You can back off, stay at the scene, and observe for as long as you need. No one would've gotten hurt. You don't rush someone's house with your chief when someone obviously doesn't want you there. They're not SWAT, just two street cops.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by boncho

There is no such thing as a warning shot. That is Hollywood stuff. Any basic firearms class will tell you this, as well as Police Academy.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There has got to be more to the story.
Two many unknowns to speculate.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This site covers the story much better. Seems it all started from him driving to fast according to the neighbor.

www.lehighvalleylive.com...

Why would the police officer approach the back of the house rather then the front?

And in this article it gives a better insight of his previous trouble with the law. He had also been arrested before by this officer. He is described as a loose cannon by his friends and neighbors.

www.wfmz.com...

With the prior charges I don`t think he really legally could own a gun but I`m not familiar with the states law myself..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Reply to post by deadeyedick

I agree.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

i missed the part about charging the house past the dogs/children firing blindly.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I agree. How does someone "pull out" a shotgun without two police officers noticing it, in time, if the suspect is within hearshot to hear the orders being given? Why approach a house when you're in more or less a standoff situation? Was the suspect inside the house or outside? Too many details left out. Too fast to pin the hero label on the boy in blue. We're missing a lot of the picture.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

what i want to know and all the articles ive read havent been too clear,
1.did he actualy sic the dogs on the guy or did the police enter the area where the dogs were with out knowing they were there?

2.it seems the officer was in the back yard was that back yard fenced? i have seen it in one article that the side yard was fenced but was it totaly inclosed because that might have negated the need to have the dogs tied up/leashed (what kind of dogs were they poodles or dobermans?)

3.why was the officer in the back yard as opposed to the front yard? did he approach the man while he was outside and in his yard or did he come out to meet the cop?

4.the unidenfied source who said his life was saved did he mean that the shooter threatend him and thats why he called the police or did he just call the police because there are some neighbors that do that?and why so hesitant to not be named im sure those in the nighborhood know who the guy is and what went down

5. how long and how(if not being distracted by the dogs if they were infact siced on him) the officer was distracted enabling a man to either grab a loaded gun or grab and load one take aim and get a head shot on him b4 evidently even drawing his pistol or another officer shooting the gun man

6 and i think most importantly what led to the officer sticking around after the man told him to leave and not just coming back with back up or whatnot,ie what was said to make him think a thread had occured warrenting him needing back up i think when we get the answers to these corroborated on mutiple sites with the same story we will eventualy figure this out but until then i think we are just grasping at straws

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Freemansburg police chief George Bruneio arrived at 5:15 p.m., according to court papers, and found Lasso fighting with two dogs in Hitcho's backyard.

He wasn't fighting with the dogs for giggles was he? He intended to enter the house or he wouldn't have been grappling with two dogs in the backyard.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
So did Mr. Hitcho "sic" his dogs on the officer or not? Because the OP article does not mention anything about that.

If he did, when did he do so?

Because it doesn't make sense that Mr. Lasso would approach the house, and then call for back up and wait for back up to arrive. The whole time being "attacked" by the dogs?

Or was it a situation where the owner set his dogs at the officers, with intent to harm them, and then responded by shooting the officer when he attempted to defend himself? Thereby using the protection of the dogs as an excuse to kill the cop?
edit on 15-8-2011 by thereisnotry because: clarificatioin

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Part of this has to do with the way we live. A Mexican home typically is like a fortress with a perimeter wall or housing structure on all sides with a private courtyard in the middle. The police don't end up on our property without us opening the door to let them in, or not. That eliminates a bit of the dispute right there. Rural homes can be different however, but to keep honest cops and people honest we have a perimeter wall.

Not sure why anyone is really surprised that when a police officer puts on a uniform he is gong to be hated and despised by many. Anyone that wields that much power over the citizenry to be able to deny him his liberties on a suspicion is not someone that is going to be universally loved and trusted.

Things are escalating. I'm not sure where this is heading or where it is going to end up but it is not going to be a peaceful process finding out. I am for maximum liberty, my profile page has a solution. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is not a one-size-fits-all solution. If we are going for a global standard for what is considered proper conduct theis going to burst apart at its seams.

It is already Us vs. Them and if LEO is your calling you have a tough road ahead. Kiss you wife and kids goodbye each morning like it's going to be the last time you see them because it just might be. But we all know that. Don't look all surprised and amazed.

There are a few basic laws I do not agree with and will NOT comply. That's just the way it is. If it comes down to me or you guess who I am going to look after. You do the same, do what you must. I will do what I must. Liberty or death, I will not live like a subject.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Reply to post by boncho

There is no such thing as a warning shot. That is Hollywood stuff. Any basic firearms class will tell you this, as well as Police Academy.

Actually, all the Firearms classes I had, taught people how to operate a gun safely.

Sorry.
edit on 15-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join