It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Like you said, you have no idea as to the truth of this tale. The FACTS remain that: the cops showed up and threatened a man's life and the life of his best friends. That man took his freedom seriously and a cop ended up dead. A sad tale, but the right to freedom MUST prevail.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is sad, the officer by reputation sounded like a good man. Unfortunately due to other cops doing illegal actions this man paid the price especially when the public is growing restless with the unjust laws.

I grew up believing Cops were the good guys, to serve and protect. The fact is, the unjust laws has succeeded in alienating the public with the police.

and this is the end result. Heart goes out to the officers family, i don't blame the dog owner, for he is as much as a victim to the system as the officer was.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
reply to post by boncho

Like you said, you have no idea as to the truth of this tale. The FACTS remain that: the cops showed up and threatened a man's life and the life of his best friends. That man took his freedom seriously and a cop ended up dead. A sad tale, but the right to freedom MUST prevail.

From what the comment said, (if it's true) it was a small town. The person was well known. What about the freedom of the person who made the phone call? Are they not entitled to protection if the person was threatening them?

If it was a domestic, it means the guy was doing something to his wife or kids that forced them to call the Police. If that was the case, the taser might have done better aimed at him instead of the dogs.

I'm all for rights, but I'm also against people that rule their households like a dictatorship, or beat their kids or spouses.

Lots of ifs in this case, without knowing the full story....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
To many times the police have smash’t down the door and run in guns shooting at any thing that moves. they have got away with this for far to long. now they will think before they shoot. well I hope. but it will take more dead cops. and when the cops give respect to people. innocent or guilty. then it will be a lot safer for All of us. a dog is about the same size as a child. if you tazzer a child you could kill them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Unfair comparison. We're talking about a human, a dog, and a cop. Sure a human life is more valuable. The cop made a decision to not be like the rest of us. He chose to live by the sword....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

Pigs deserve the same treatment as any other criminal that encroaches upon my private property. I have the right to live as I so choose as long as I am not hurting anybody, and anyone who believes otherwise will suffer the wrath of God for their ignorance.

Pigs? U really don't like cops do you? It was a stun gun that he didn't even use and you would have still shot and killed him? What about if the officer isn't hurting anybody, as the story told, does he still deserve to die? Hope you never become a Judge.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I disagree. The lives of fun-loving, loyal, defend-their-master-at-all-costs dogs are worth FAR more than fascist, brainwashed, will-oppress-for-paycheck morons. No room for disagreement.

That's a human being you are characterising that way - one you do not know, a father of 2 kids, a husband, someone's son.

And without knowing him you have decided his life is worth less than that of a dog - heck the dog's life was probably not actually at risk!!

I think you are not fit to be in civilised society.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Unfair comparison. We're talking about a human, a dog, and a cop. Sure a human life is more valuable. The cop made a decision to not be like the rest of us. He chose to live by the sword....

Rubbish - he chose to live life by the LAW.

Are you sure you'd like to keep thinking along the lines that it's OK to kill cops because they "live by the sword"??

Perhaps then you'd prefer there were no cops? Or perhaps you think it is OK to shoot anyone who has a weapon at all....since such people clearly choose to "live life by hte sword".

At least that'd sort out gun control!!

Boy some people have screwed up attitudes to society - thank god you're not typical of america....yet....but I fear for the future - there are more and more extremists like you out there happy to kill because yuo dont' like something....... the merderous lunatics ain't all moslems!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There is such little information in the article, but I gather the officer had no warrant and was on the mans property? If the cop was in the wrong then the blast to the face is completely justified.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by anumohi

My daughter isn't capable of biting the officers neck into pieces or at the minimum, preventing him from doing his job. Animals are not children. Plus the policeman never touched the dogs.
edit on 8/15/2011 by mugger because: add

Its irrelevant he was threatening the owners property and was directed to leave the premises....if the officer had had warrant and the animals were keeping him from executing his warrant then that might be another story.

I know how everyone feels and the only real answers are too late in coming
edit on 15-8-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
These articles that leave a ton of facts out I believe are intentionally inflammatory. My speculation is that the guy with the shotgun that killed the cop was not the reason the call was made. Until further facts come out I will take this stance.

As for the facts we have I believe due process as per the 14th Amendment to the Constitution and the 4th Amendment were carried out via the 2nd Amendment. The founding fathers would be proud as this was per their design. Supporting true freedom and the U.S. Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, makes one a terrorist and a lower level lawbreaker. As such and for this reason we have become a nation of lawlessness.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Like you said, you have no idea as to the truth of this tale. The FACTS remain that: the cops showed up and threatened a man's life and the life of his best friends.

Liar.

the officer was talking to the murderer, and had a non-lethal weapon aimed at het dogs - nothing at all aimed at he murderer.

That man took his freedom seriously and a cop ended up dead. A sad tale, but the right to freedom MUST prevail.

Really - so you are free to shoot anyone you like?

The man had reportedly already threatened another citizen - so in what way is the police finding out his side of the affair an unacceptable threat to his freedom that justified murder?

Isn't getting the facts exactly what the police are supposed to do??

It isn't "a sad tale" - it is murder. I hope he gets death for this - but whatever punishment he gets will he still won't be able to "look after" his dogs - so they'll be taken away...mayvbe someoen will lok after them...maybe they'll be taken into custody & put down - yet another level the murderer didn't think through!

you are a disgrace to the human race - if you love dogs so much over humans then go run with the pack and leave civilised people alone!

+4 more 
link   
Wow, I have seen some bad (or at least I thought they were bad) threads bashing cops on ATS before, but this thread has taken it to a whole different sort of low. Seriously the depth of insanity, lack of empathy, and in some case sheer stupidity has never gotten to this point on a thread that I have read on ATS. If this is the new ATS standard I think I should consider moving on to a different hangout.

I see some in this thread as being no more fit to be in society as the guy who killed the cop to begin with.

Really some of the attitudes in this thread are outright disgusting.

Never would I have thought there were people on ATS who thought just pointing a stun gun at dogs was worth death. Absolutely disgusting.

Raist

link   

Originally posted by CelestialSon
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

Can't believe you're actually on the side of the shooter! The dog was most likely a threat and killing a human over giving a dog a shock don't even compare!

I'm not on the side of anybody. My position is that cops should be prepared to handle the circumstances without resorting to deadly force every time they are the least bit threatened.

You mean to tell me that pigs aren't smart enough to figure out what sort of situation they are about to encounter? Bollocks. Figure out what is happening, then proceed with your fascist tactics. Point blank.

1rst
I just have no words for you, deadly force? it is called a"STUN GUN" for a reason. It is one of the least deadly force items given to a police officer.

2nd
This is a human being. I see you are VERY bias by using the word "PIG" everytime you address a police officer. This is still a human being, a man, with family and children who will never see their father in this life. Animals are innocent in many instances, but they should not be valued over another human. I believe your values are set wrong and the finger pointing and name calling is sickning to my stomach.

3rd
Rest in peace officer, I know many do not like your line of duty as they remember the last time you give them a ticket, but when you are called to a scene where people are being hurt, you put your own life on the line to save the people, innocent or not, police try to do the right thing, but like you and me have personalities and opinions that differ on what is right and what is wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

If somebody is wrong they should be shot in the face? Are you serious? We all sin and do wrong, how many face shots are you willing to take for your bad decisions, lies, cheats.

I have been gone for some time from ATS, there were a few threads similar to this one, but never as ugly, unjustified, disgraceful, crude, illiterate, and flat our immoral as this thread and some of the particupants. This thread shows the 4% of the total population sociopaths we are now experiencing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Once again a thread has been made without looking to see if its already created.

First...at least yours has the propper title as to not created unneeded emotional response to people who already hate cops.

There's no way this type of behavior is justified. Police officer answered a call, guy refused to speak with him, got his dogs out and used them as a potentially deadly weapon, officer hesitated to use his non lethal x26 taser not a "stun gun" and guy grabs shotgun and shoots cop in head. Never go into a potentially lethal situation with a less than lethal means to protect yourself.

This officer lost his life and my saddest regrets to his family. This officer lost his life because he was to busy trying to smooth things over and it even said he was waiting for permission from his Chief to "shoot" the dog with his taser. I'd have my Glock out and ordered the guy out and shot the dogs with bullet holes if they came at me, if he retreated Id back off, find cover, and called it all as a barricaded subject resisting arrest.

1st rule of thumb...never treat a call as routine...when things escalate you treat it as the current situation deems necessary. Your life is not based on what you want the situation to be, wish it to be, or what it was 5 minutes ago...and I would damn sure not give crap what my chief said because its not his call to defend myself. He could talk to me about all he wanted later on back at the station and even given me a reprimand if thats how he treats his officers when they make their own split second decisions. Id still be alive.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Rubbish - he chose to live life by the LAW.

Rubbish, he chose to live as an enforcer of the law.

I do not know the personal character of either party involved. He may have been a sweet cop and this guy that shot him the most despicable of the lot. I feel for the officer. It is a decision one makes going into law enforcement and a consequence he accepts by taking the job.

If this were a few decades ago I might be more sympathetic. In this day I am not. The police know what can be expected when answering a domestic call, the most dangerous of situations he answers. Likewise, the people know what can be expected of some police. Hopefully it never gets to that level, but sometimes it does.

Blame it on YouTube perhaps. After watching granny do the electrified breakdance along the side of the highway because she wouldn't shut up.... After a life of military duty and government service, I left your country. It was getting out of hand. I'll take my chances protecting myself and my own.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

edit on 8/15/11 by scooterstrats because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/15/11 by scooterstrats because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join