It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

Was said toddler violating constitutional rights?

If not, your analogy fails.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Speeding is not a domestic dispute.
So its not the same.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thanks bro.
~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

That sucks, man. But that is still neither here nor there.

Let's try and deal with the facts as presented.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
reply to post by something wicked

Assuming the full article is the one posted in the OP, please link exactly in the article where it says the officer was being "mauled by dogs".

edit on 16-8-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

Please read through the thread where less sensationalist versions of the events than those posted by the OP who wears his own opinions on his sleeve can be found.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I agree the dog wasnt worth the officers life.However the dogs life is not the only thing the shooter was protecting.His
rights were being extremely infringed upon.He saw the unnecessary violence aimed at his dog his personal line in the sand.Wheres your line in the sand.That line in the sand is what people kill and die for.
Its time to take a good look at crime.Cause good men like this cop are losing their life and they are not even fighting the right battles.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I googled the shooting and there are different stories being told. I completely understand your/my rights, but if I was violent to any innocent person, I believe the cops should come to help the victim. This has nothing to do with rights, it has to do with a person committing a crime and a LEO coming to investigate gets killed. I do not understand how you come to that conclusion.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I cant find the crime that led them there.
please show me

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
i keep seeing people talking about spousal abuse and domestic disturbance. please stop making stuff up: you are spreading disinfo.

Link: Police officer shot dead..

A police officer killed while responding to a domestic disturbance in a small eastern Pennsylvania borough had pointed a stun gun at two dogs before being shot, court records reveal.

...and, the fact that the article says it in the first paragraph means nothing?

Think about that for a moment.

edit on 8/16/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
2 wrongs never make it right
it even causes blindness

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
this is amazing. now every officer will think twice before pointing their guns or stun guns at toddlers, old women, incapacitated people, harmless animals, or puppies.

they need to realize they arent hired to shoot anything that moves in society. i mean clearly things have been getting out of hands when it comes to these pigs on powertrips.

this wont be the first incident, and it sure as hell wont be the last.

a BIG win for the people.

SERVE AND PROTECT YOU SWINE!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777

. . .

This has nothing to do with rights, it has to do with a person committing a crime and a LEO coming to investigate gets killed. I do not understand how you come to that conclusion.

It has everything to do with rights, specifically the 4th Amendment.

The LEO can come and investigate, unless he denied entry to the property. At that point the LEO must get a warrant. There are indeed certain times (called exigent circumstances) where a warrant is not needed. These are:

*crime in progress or other emergency

*imminent danger to life or serious damage to property

Otherwise, the officer needs a warrant.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Timeline wrong, point still valid.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

Maybe instead of getting a gun and shooting a cop in the face, he could have simply helped by get his rotten dogs off.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Whoever called the police are the ones who escalted the situation and got the officer shot. He obviously did something retarded twords the neighbor to be "threatened". And like most stupid people further enrages this guy by calling the cops...I bet he even annouced it like a little girl as he dashed off into his house.

The proper thing would be to say you are sorry(even if lying) to calm things, and go about ones day. Who knows, maybe the neighbor deserved an butt kicking? If everyone in town is/was aware this cop killer was dangerous, then why was he allowed to walk inside, get a gun and take aim at the cop. I find it odd that a cop would even be afraid of a dogs. If they were attacking him how would even call to his boss for support? I say they had no proof other than hearsay as to the threat and the boss cop thought killing his dogs might "teach em a lesson".

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

I cant find the crime that led them there.
please show me

--At 5 p.m. Thursday, William Clancy called 911 and said he had a confrontation with a person he believed to be his neighbor. Clancy, of 126 Washington St., said the man was driving a red truck and had been speeding in the borough.

Lasso was dispatched to the call and Clancy showed him where the truck was parked at the rear of Hitcho's home. Shortly after Lasso arrived, Freemansburg police Chief George Bruneio arrived as backup.--Link

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Timeline wrong, point still valid.

Nope, your point is not valid, because the man's 4th Amendment rights were violated, and he chose to defend them.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Video showing who George Hitcho, Jr.is
www.wfmz.com...

Note he has a long string of offenses (Mostly traffic) and 2 DUI Lasso arrested him in 2007 for posessing drug paraphernalia. There's also a case on violence towards his wife.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join