It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Section31

Seems to be alot of "F the pigs" threads here lately.

I agree. I would suggest to those who feel that way that if one of their loved ones - perhaps their mother - is brutally raped and murdered that they get together with their friends and remaining family members rather than the horrible cops to investigate and solve the crime. Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes

Another bit of evidence that cops are out to destroy everything you love and that they deserve whatever happens to them for encroaching upon your right to freedom to life and liberty.

My dog is my best friend. And as with any best friend, I would defend him to my death. So of course this type of thing is going to occur when fascist ideology encroaches upon our God-given right to freedom. Perhaps if cops weren't so quick to be trampling upon the rights of humanity, they wouldn't occasionally run across those who take freedom and liberty seriously.

www.dailymai l.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8/15/11 by HenryTwoTimes because: (no reason given)

I have to say that it takes a pretty twisted mind to say that an officer of the law being murdered in the course of doing his job constitutes "evidence that cops are out to destroy everything you love". I guess you must think that the correct course of action when being mauled by a vicious dog is to just sit back and enjoy it. I am an animal lover myself but I also have the sense, experience and emotional maturity to see it as rational for a cop to protect himself from bodily harm within reason. The dog was not harmed. The cop was murdered. Are you for real?

None of us here know all the facts, so let's get that straight. You have to admit, though, the police in general haven't really been setting a very good precedent for themselves by shooting people who are not a threat. Shooting people with cell phones, wallets, other objects being mistaken for a gun. Really? Come on, do cops get any training as to what a gun looks like? Don't they actually HAVE a gun on them they can use for reference?

There's a trend that we all see happening, and this homeowner apparently sees it too. Maybe he was a little quick to shoot, but hey, who knows what those cops would have done. This story could just as easily been "Homeowner killed when he points TV remote at officer".

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Keep defending the police. I think police are a great idea, when implemented and taught proper respect of citizens. Yea, I dont know what happened for sure and there could be more to the story but really people. Are you all that blind to not see how modern law enforcement treats us? Do you not notice the militarization of local police? Ill just sit back and laugh as you guys get taken by good ol neighbourhood law enforcement to your fema camps. Then we will see who the good guys actually are.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
oh, and for all you cop haters...

Notice how the suspect still remains the suspect? Meaning, even though he shot some 'gestapo pig', said gang of police thugs, did NOT kill the suspect, to allow DUE PROCESS.

Because they are repressive gestapo pigs. /sarcasm.

Please spare us the irrelevant straw man fallacy riddled with sarcasm.

The prosecutor is already calling for this man's head with capital punishment, which hasn't worked anywhere in the entire world in the course of its history. His offense? Guarding his land and dogs from an invasive and aggressive intruder who he told to leave. I am aware the actual LEO who tragically lost his life appears to be a good person; however aggressive tactics and not enough rationale was the recipe for disaster. R.I.P.

link   
When a law enforcement officer is responding to a 911 call he/she does not/b] need a warrant. The officer in question had already received a complaint about domestic violence from a resident of that household and was trying to get the man's side of the story when the man's dog went crazy. It is the responsibility of a dog owner to secure their dogs and keep them under control, if they can't do this then well they should be prepared to see their dogs put down should they show aggression. The officer did nothing wrong and by using his taser instead of his pistol it showed he did not want to kill the dogs ... just prevent them from causing him to himself, bystanders, etc. Control you dogs folks. It's very simple, put them in another room. into their cages, etc. If you sic them on the cops, they will be shot.

link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by gabby2011

What would this world be like if all police officers just up and quit? People would have to patrol themselves...

Good! They should. And they would not be unemployed either, not all of them. They would be private police, perhaps working for a neighborhood council. They would be preventing real crime, thumping punks who are breaking into homes. No more knocking down doors and shooting the family dogs in their homes because some neighbor thought he smelled marijuana. No domestic calls because some neighbor was driving too fast down his alley.

It would take pages to describe how that could all work out but almost without doubt it would be an improvement. Laws would already be on the books as a guideline to prevent nuisances and not just to be viewed through a microscope to lie in wait for a half-inch foot foul for someone crossing the line. There is a better system and less imposing. The one we have is a voracious self-feeding monster.

ha ! really? and the people who are taking the law in their own hands ..should start shooting the criminals..and then someone would shoot them..and it would never end..till everyone was dead ?

My guess is that if people policed themselves there would be way more senseless killings...

link   

Originally posted by Reconer
Once again a thread has been made without looking to see if its already created.

This officer lost his life and my saddest regrets to his family. This officer lost his life because he was to busy trying to smooth things over and it even said he was waiting for permission from his Chief to "shoot" the dog with his taser. I'd have my Glock out and ordered the guy out and shot the dogs with bullet holes if they came at me, if he retreated Id back off, find cover, and called it all as a barricaded subject resisting arrest.

You dont see any irony in this comment do you? It COULD have been this very attitude that the shooter was attempting to circumvent. You dont think that if this officer had simply de-escalated and pulled back he would still have his life? You dont think that the attitude among too many cops is just what you have written here? The attitude that THEY are always right and THEIR will justifies killing? I dont know if this guy was right or wrong in this particular case. All we have so far is the Police side of the story which will paint him in the most evil terms. What I do know is that Cops need to read this story and sit down and take a real cold look at themselves. After that they need to ask themselves if they want to continue to act like an occupying army how can they be surprised when people start treating them like an occupying army?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

You should tell that to my friend whos parents were murdered in the other room when he was 7. Guess what the police found? Nothing. Yes I know, isolated incidence, but if you think the police actually solve most crimes, you need to turn off the tube man.

link   
Reply to post by AwakeinNM

Ya... Except it's not a story about a man pointing a remote at a police officer and getting shot.
It's about a police officer pointing a taser at a dog and getting shot. Dying for pointing a taser at a dog - I think hysteria has reached a new high.

I really wish that these nuts could somehow opt out of help from the police so that the rest of us not trigger happy fools could have some cops around when we've been in a car accident, been raped, been robbed etc.

Let the fools who want to govern themselves do just that and we'll see how long they live without rules and regulations for the best of the group as a whole. I'd give them a day.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Police Chief George Bruneio, who arrived after Mr Lasso requested assistance, instructed him to 'shoot the dogs' and that's when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired, authorities said.

Shoot the dogs? For what reason? What would the next order from the chief be? "Shoot the homeowner"?? I think maybe the homeowner only did what a typical cop would do in that situation - shoot first and then sort out the details later, perhaps filling some details in with made-up ones. So what's the problem?

Have you read the rest of this? The officer was being mauled by the dogs. He was preparing to defend himself when he was murdered. If you had read the full story and applied some neutrality perhaps you would have responded differently.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Assuming the full article is the one posted in the OP, please link exactly in the article where it says the officer was being "mauled by dogs".

edit on 16-8-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

no no dude not singling you out

just referencing the irresponsible parroting/use of the term "domestic disturbance" and what it implies in most peoples minds.

if you've been reading the entire thread you'll see,as boncho pointed out in his reply to me this story is being told with different slants, depending on locality of reporting media's publication. adding to the surreality the story,

in other words:

all that is really being debated here are hypotheticals

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Police Chief George Bruneio, who arrived after Mr Lasso requested assistance, instructed him to 'shoot the dogs' and that's when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired, authorities said.

Shoot the dogs? For what reason? What would the next order from the chief be? "Shoot the homeowner"?? I think maybe the homeowner only did what a typical cop would do in that situation - shoot first and then sort out the details later, perhaps filling some details in with made-up ones. So what's the problem?

Have you read the rest of this? The officer was being mauled by the dogs. He was preparing to defend himself when he was murdered. If you had read the full story and applied some neutrality perhaps you would have responded differently.

Yeah I did read the whole story. I have a question - what was the cop doing in the BACK yard?

Also read my post following this one where I stated that none of us know all the facts, so we can all sit here and armchair quarterback this one, but it doesn't mean any of us are right. I never said the homeowner was right in what he did, or that the cop was right in his actions. What I HAVE said is that the cops have been setting a shoot-first-ask-questions-later precedent and they really need to rein in the hair-trigger mentality so that incidents like this don't happen going forward.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Very true. Lots of emotional reactions, mine included, but we cannot know until all the facts are known. The problem with it is will we ever get the unbiased, objective facts? I'm not so sure.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I'm sorry...
The POLICE have to rein in their hair trigger mentality!? What? Who died again?
Are you assuming that the homeowner is an aware citizen who pays attention to the news on a daily basis and was scared of the police? Because of their trigger happy mentality?
The CITIZEN had a loaded shotgun in his hands and somehow it's the policeman's fault that he was shot? Because of other situations that are no way tied to this one? I'm sooooooo confused.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thereisnotry
Was he right to kill a police officer? Probably not. Whether it be legally or morally.
Was the police officer wrong to threaten the man, call for back up, then attempt to shoot the man's dogs. And let's get it clear, he was going to shoot the dogs, he wasn't just pointing the stun gun at them. If you're a cop and your chief tells you to do something, you are going to do it.

The suspect knew this, got scared, and reacted in the only way a pot-growing, "redneck" prone to disturbance calls knows how. He blasted him in the face with 00 buck shot.

There is a correct way to talk down a man with a shotgun and conduct an investigation.
*hint: it's not to shoot/stun his dogs

Yes ultimately it was the Chief that got this man killed. Under no circumstances should he have ordered the officer to shoot the dogs with the stun gun. If they were there with a warrant it would be a different situation, but they weren't and the Chief knew it. Power over law and now a police officer is dead. The shooter is a scumbag whatever the case, but if the Chief hadn't given the order to shoot the dogs the officer would still be alive.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

If the homeowner hadn't had a loaded shotgun in his hands the policeman would still probably be alive. Don't kid yourself.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away

I'm sorry...
The POLICE have to rein in their hair trigger mentality!? What? Who died again?
Are you assuming that the homeowner is an aware citizen who pays attention to the news on a daily basis and was scared of the police? Because of their trigger happy mentality?
The CITIZEN had a loaded shotgun in his hands and somehow it's the policeman's fault that he was shot? Because of other situations that are no way tied to this one? I'm sooooooo confused.

You certainly are.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Couldn't you answer any of my questions?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Trouble in Little Chi

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
oh, and for all you cop haters...

Notice how the suspect still remains the suspect? Meaning, even though he shot some 'gestapo pig', said gang of police thugs, did NOT kill the suspect, to allow DUE PROCESS.

Because they are repressive gestapo pigs. /sarcasm.

Please spare us the irrelevant straw man fallacy riddled with sarcasm.

Ok boss. My bad. Thought it might fit in with the rest of it on this thread, for the other. And now for the bashing of the due process.

Originally posted by Big Trouble in Little Chi

The prosecutor is already calling for this man's head with capital punishment, which hasn't worked anywhere in the entire world in the course of its history. His offense? Guarding his land and dogs from an invasive and aggressive intruder who he told to leave. I am aware the actual LEO who tragically lost his life appears to be a good person; however aggressive tactics and not enough rationale was the recipe for disaster. R.I.P.

Who was also an identified peace officer, on the course of his job, attempting to protect a fellow human.

But I suppose that is irrelevant too.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join