It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
reply to post by SirMike

Dogs don't know any better. If you are trying to encroach upon a man's right to live his life, you should prepare for encountering everything that life entails without going in with weapons drawn.

Totally agree. He intented to hurt the dogs an he pulled his weapon first.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
It's about bloody time that someone had the cojones to defend himself and his family - dogs included.

The only way that we can stop the wave of police over-reaction to every incident is to put law enforcement on notice that we simply are not going to take this abuse any more.

As long as cops look upon the citizenry as scum and treat us as enemies automatically, WE THE PEOPLE have the right to treat them as an occupying force and respond in kind.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for this gestapo pig. He got precisely what he deserved.

Actually, said gestapo pig showed up to protect the citizen that called.

He didn't show up to shoot a dog, get shot by a paranoid home owner, who was most likely the reason for the call...

He showed up to HELP a fellow citizen.

That gestapo crap doesn't belong in this thread. As crap...you know where it should be stuck.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm not a lawyer, so I might be wrong, but if police officers were called to this man's address for suspicion of something (let's say accusations spousal abuse) then they have right to come into his property (yard) and knock on his door. If he refuses to let them in and asks them to get off his property then they need to get a warrant to enter and must vacate his property until that time, unless they see/hear evidence (probable cause?) of immediate danger to themselves or others (noticing blood, hearing screams etc..) right?
edit on 16-8-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Another bit of evidence that cops are out to destroy everything you love and that they deserve whatever happens to them for encroaching upon your right to freedom to life and liberty.

A police officer killed while responding to a domestic disturbance in a small eastern Pennsylvania borough had pointed a stun gun at two dogs before being shot, court records reveal.

Freemansburg police officer Robert Lasso had pointed at the attacking dogs when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired the fatal blast on Thursday evening.

I am going to let the quoted pieces above speak for themselves.

First quoted piece was from the thread owner, and the second was from the article he linked to the page.

Think about that for a moment.

edit on 8/16/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Seems to be alot of "F the pigs" threads here lately.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Section31

Seems to be alot of "F the pigs" threads here lately.

I agree. Many of the thread owners do not even read the articles, nor do they pay attention to the details within videos.

Its sick.

What bothers me the most are the other posters who jump without looking.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
oh, and for all you cop haters...

Notice how the suspect still remains the suspect? Meaning, even though he shot some 'gestapo pig', said gang of police thugs, did NOT kill the suspect, to allow DUE PROCESS.

Because they are repressive gestapo pigs. /sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My only reply is that people should rethink the value of life. Just because you value it doesn't mean we all value it the same way. To flat out TELL someone that THEIR pet is not worth as much as a strangers life is just stupid. Your broad statements infer that in every instance a human life is worth more than a pets.

There is no absolute value to a human, animal, or insect life. These are all values that we assign them, they are not inherent. Get over yourselves, the value you place on ANYTHING in this world does not translate to the value I place on anything. There are 0 absolute laws in our lives, everything is interpretation. Killing, raping, beating are on the same plane as loving, hugging, caring; Those are not inherently right or wrong,

This in no way translates to my feelings in this particular case I am just sick of people insisting I believe what they believe.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
After reading the posts on this I found the most important item being overlooked by most is the fact the man told the cop to leave if he didn't have a warrant. Obviously that cop and his boss felt they didn't need a warrant. This has to change. The Constitution says we are free from illegal intrusions by the author ties. They need a warrant to come onto someones property. Its called property rights. If you believe in Ron Paul as most here do then ask him what the law says. I will also say the judge in this case will have to make a decision whether to allow this man to go that route in his defense. I bet the judge will not allow that defense which is sad.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

My dog is my best friend. And as with any best friend, I would defend him to my death. So of course this type of thing is going to occur when fascist ideology encroaches upon our God-given right to freedom. Perhaps if cops weren't so quick to be trampling upon the rights of humanity, they wouldn't occasionally run across those who take freedom and liberty seriously.

While the cop used a stun gun on the attacking dogs, the owner pulled a shotgun and killed the cop.

When did a stun gun become a killing weapon of choice?

Your logic failed.

Originally posted by Smunions
After reading the posts on this I found the most important item being overlooked by most is the fact the man told the cop to leave if he didn't have a warrant. Obviously that cop and his boss felt they didn't need a warrant.

The officer had been responding to a report of a disturbance and ended up at the back of Hitcho's house, authorities said.

Another person who doesn't read everything. While this officer was investigating a domestic disturbance, the owner's dogs started to attack the cop. You don't need a warrant.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Another bit of evidence that cops are out to destroy everything you love and that they deserve whatever happens to them for encroaching upon your right to freedom to life and liberty.

My dog is my best friend. And as with any best friend, I would defend him to my death. So of course this type of thing is going to occur when fascist ideology encroaches upon our God-given right to freedom. Perhaps if cops weren't so quick to be trampling upon the rights of humanity, they wouldn't occasionally run across those who take freedom and liberty seriously.

www.dailymai l.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8/15/11 by HenryTwoTimes because: (no reason given)

Well said. I'm with you. There are an article on ATS not so long ago about a US Citizen who had his dog killed in it's cage, while the police raided a house for the sake of a small ammount of cannabis.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i keep seeing people talking about spousal abuse and domestic disturbance.

please stop making stuff up: you are spreading disinfo.

there are no brutalized spouses or women in this story
so stop with the embellishing.

a busybody got his head chewed off verbally, or made idle threats about calling the police and got his head chewed off verbally.

when officer lasso arrived, he had to be directed to a place 100 feet away.
in other words this is all really the fault of mister clancy's high handedness in imposing his own will by "using" the power of the state, like many snitches and other lowlifes do.

clancy's false claim that his life was saved is self serving, he was not in any danger when lasso arrived.

for those claiming that if someone kills your dog, you just have to suck it in [just take it and do nothing]:

1- Man and Dog made a deal looooooooooooooong ago, for mutual aid and protection. on countless occasions dogs have saved their human or even given their lives for their families, so the opposite should hold true.

2- once again we have people bringing up/hiding behind "the children", always so one sided, but isn't murdering the family dog [or a human member of that family] going to be equivalent to traumatizing children, which is mind-control really [ do what you are told or there will be violence, or even death if you don't], strange how nobody ever brings up the criminals family in these "debates".

the primary initiators of force here are clancy and the chief.

remember: violence will always breed more violence.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It's only fair. If I pointed or threatened their dog in any way I would be shot dead.

Some men aren't slaves and don't tolerate the terrorist threats and tactics of a corrupt federal and state regime.

What's good for the goose....you know the rest.

Anyway, you get outta life what you give.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

the alleged gunman, 46-year-old George Hitcho Jr, said he had told Mr Lasso to get off his property and not come on unless he had a warrant, authorities said.

nuff said....

'He tried to kill my dogs and pointed a gun in my face,' Hitcho said, according to the documents. 'I do not care if you a cop or not ...Unbelievable.'

again... nuff said.

ALL cops know the risk of the job before taking the job,the main problem with cops worldwide is the lack of remembering what the rules of the said job is.
Follow the rules... and you might have a better chance at going home after your shift.

niff said.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
i keep seeing people talking about spousal abuse and domestic disturbance.

please stop making stuff up: you are spreading disinfo.

I assume the spousal abuse part that you are referencing is from my post, but I think you need to reread my post again, as it was only a hypothetical, as in literally made up for the sake of understanding. I am actually on your side of the fence in this instance.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
IM not condoning the killing of another human but this is what happens in a society of fear mongering and authoritarian rule. Its about time in my opinion that someone took the law into their own hands. After all it was invented to protect us, why should we allow corrupt people to use it to their advantage for whatever reasons it may be. Yes he killed another human. Ask yourself why. I dont know what a stun gun would do to a dog but either way you point a gun of any kind at my dog and thats a threat to their existence. People die from stun guns so reallly what do you think would happen to a dog, regardless of size. Police should be trained in better ways to deal with k-9's. How can they train a select few to handle dogs but then ignore the rest of the force. Im not a police officer nor am i previewed to their training but come on its a dog. I have wrestled some ferocious dogs off of my own. Yea I got scrapes and cuts, had to get a tetnis shot. BIG DEAL! These people are supposed to be protectors of good not enforcers of evil. Rip me, praise me. It doesnt matter. Im just happy to know theres one less idiot out there.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

What would this world be like if all police officers just up and quit? People would have to patrol themselves...

Good! They should. And they would not be unemployed either, not all of them. They would be private police, perhaps working for a neighborhood council. They would be preventing real crime, thumping punks who are breaking into homes. No more knocking down doors and shooting the family dogs in their homes because some neighbor thought he smelled marijuana. No domestic calls because some neighbor was driving too fast down his alley.

It would take pages to describe how that could all work out but almost without doubt it would be an improvement. Laws would already be on the books as a guideline to prevent nuisances and not just to be viewed through a microscope to lie in wait for a half-inch foot foul for someone crossing the line. There is a better system and less imposing. The one we have is a voracious self-feeding monster.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Police Chief George Bruneio, who arrived after Mr Lasso requested assistance, instructed him to 'shoot the dogs' and that's when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired, authorities said.

Shoot the dogs? For what reason? What would the next order from the chief be? "Shoot the homeowner"?? I think maybe the homeowner only did what a typical cop would do in that situation - shoot first and then sort out the details later, perhaps filling some details in with made-up ones. So what's the problem?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

www.dailymai l.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8/15/11 by HenryTwoTimes because: (no reason given)

I have to say that it takes a pretty twisted mind to say that an officer of the law being murdered in the course of doing his job constitutes "evidence that cops are out to destroy everything you love". I guess you must think that the correct course of action when being mauled by a vicious dog is to just sit back and enjoy it. I am an animal lover myself but I also have the sense, experience and emotional maturity to see it as rational for a cop to protect himself from bodily harm within reason. The dog was not harmed. The cop was murdered. Are you for real?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Law enforcement officers need to respect people's constitution rights, and their taken rights (not given rights). New officers are great at not overstepping their bounds and usually know what is within the law or not. The vets on the other hand in more cases than not, look at law as an impediment and work to find ways around them. They count on the backing of the wall of silence and supervisory leniency as well as understanding certain tricks of the trade "obstruction" is one of them.

Many care not what your rights are and in their minds as long as you "do what you are told" then you won't have any problems. Some get violent and disrespectful when you make them aware of the law and what they can and cannot do. If you are working or middle class and especially if you are minority there is a good chance that they will push the bounds on what is legal and what isn't.

edit on 16-8-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join