It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

Most cops are not out to mess with your day. But those that are do get what's coming to them.

But please, stop with these generalizations. The amount of crime done by black youth is equal if not more to bad cops. That does not mean either group is evil, or all bad. Hell it doesn't even mean the majority is bad. It means individuals were bad.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I certainly do not advocate unlawful killing but it was the right thing to do for this man to shoot the cop.

This isn't about the dogs folks its about the police officer breaking the law, he had no warrent and he pointed his gun in the mans face and then threatened his dogs with deadly force!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Great, a human being lost a life and all those idiots here are jumping happily because he was a cop and therefore a worthless piece of # in their view

It's really disgusting.

I hope the killer gets the chair, he doesn't deserver to live on. Killing a human being because he pointed a non-lethal weapon on a worthless animal.
What the # is wrong with Society that animals are more worth than humans

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Great, a human being lost a life and all those idiots here are jumping happily because he was a cop and therefore a worthless piece of # in their view

It's really disgusting.

I hope the killer gets the chair, he doesn't deserver to live on. Killing a human being because he pointed a non-lethal weapon on a worthless animal.
What the # is wrong with Society that animals are more worth than humans
It's not that animals are worth more, it is that they are worth the same. Why is human life worth more than an animals life? That is what is wrong with society. Just because we can build stuff, and drive cars, and show apparent "intelligence" that doesn't make us better than something which is just living its life as intended. To think otherwise highlights so many problems.
edit on 16/8/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

As some know, it has become common in the USA for law enforcement to enter property and homes without warrants, guns drawn. Often law enforcement come in number wearing black masks as if they were a commando hit teams because they are and yes they will shoot your dog, you, your family if they presents any kind of threat and even if they don't. The reality is, as far as law enforcement in concerned, you have no rights if they decide you have no rights, your property is not yours, your home is not your castle and you have no right to be secure. Many American believe they have a right to defend their property, their home, their family and possessions and if you respond to deadly force with deadly force, you will be killed or arrested and held accountable for believing you had the any right to protect yourself. Just be clear, if you attempt to resist and/or defend yourself against law enforcement or any city, state or government representative, you will probably be killed or imprisoned and your life as you knew it will be over. Welcome to Amerika.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The whole story is weird,nowhere does it say what happend prior to the police chief ordering Mr lasso to "Shoot the dogs" and what is the reason to do so. Btw it also says Nowhere in the article that he ordered to Taze or Stun the dog,as some people said here,it just says that the chief ordered lasso to SHOOT the dogs,as in Kill them.And how sad it is that Lasso is now dead but picture yourself being in this situation for a minute ok ? An Chief is ordering someone to KILL the dog you love,you stand there and do nothing,let him kill your dog ? I agree,lasso should not had to die,but i would not let anyone hurt or kill someone i love,be it a human or an animal.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

ya, like i said.

i'm sure ron paul would back you up with that statement.

all you ron paul supporters have this view?

very nice. kill anyone on your property who threatens a gopher on your lawn.

i've sent some posts (copy paste)to his website from you guys that fly his flag.

yay! st.paul 2012!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokey26

it's good that the father of 2 was killed before he even hurt the doggies, right?

after 10 mins of not hurting them the good guy blasts his face off.

am i wrong?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
On balance a dog's life is not worth that of a human being. But there is a double standard here when it involves the police (some justified given there status as LE and some not). If you "assault" a K9 dog you will be charged with assaulting an "officer" and if you point a gun at a police officer (human) you will be shot and killed (assuming he is within range and quicker at the trigger than you). Now let me ask you is not a family pet considered a member of one's "family" and do you not have the right to protect your family? If you point a gun (even a stun gun) at a K9 "officer" his handler would probably use deadly force to prevent it....and found to be justified. Part of the problem in this case is that the police chief told him to kill the dogs so that escalates it to above simply tasing the dog. I do not believe the officer needed a warrant on a domestic dispute call unless the call was for a neighbor and they were simply accessing his property. What should have happened is the man should have called off the dogs and the officer rescended his threat. What a shame.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

www.huffingtonpost.com... dog from the freeway also died from tazer

Although old, the dog appears to be okay, and is now in an animal control center run by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Her name has been changed to "Northbound" due to her fondness for the highway. We're guessing some drivers caught in traffic were calling her names that were a little less endearing.

edit on 8/16/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: Added hyperlink.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

He tried to kill my dogs and pointed a gun in my face,' Hitcho said, according to the documents.

Police Chief George Bruneio, who arrived after Mr Lasso requested assistance, instructed him to 'shoot the dogs' and that's when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired, authorities said.

pretty much in a nut shell ,

your word against theirs ,

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I have no love for the police these days but I fail to see the equality in stunning a dog and being killed with a shotgun. I love my dogs but I don't think it's right to trade a human life for one of them.

I feel bad for the family of the cop!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have to agree with most of the comments here.

Atleast he pulled a stun gun, i don't think that would kill the dog, the guy was probably a drunk beating his wife, wife called the cops, then he killed a cop with kids. # that #.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokey26
The whole story is weird,nowhere does it say what happend prior to the police chief ordering Mr lasso to "Shoot the dogs" and what is the reason to do so. Btw it also says Nowhere in the article that he ordered to Taze or Stun the dog,as some people said here,it just says that the chief ordered lasso to SHOOT the dogs,as in Kill them.And how sad it is that Lasso is now dead but picture yourself being in this situation for a minute ok ? An Chief is ordering someone to KILL the dog you love,you stand there and do nothing,let him kill your dog ? I agree,lasso should not had to die,but i would not let anyone hurt or kill someone i love,be it a human or an animal.

i beat my wife to death because she squshed my favorite cockroach.

you guys are behind me on this, right?

i loved that cockroach and i loved my wife but she was wrong to do that.

now i have nothing, just like that idiot who murdered the cop and the family left behind. what a waste of dna that

dirtbag was. charge the dogs for accessory to murder.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Point a gun at my dog and I'll shoot you too.. pretty cut and dry.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

ya, like i said.

i've sent some posts (copy paste)to his website from you guys that fly his flag.

yay! st.paul 2012!

I in fact purposely did not say what anyone "Should Do", I only pointed out the realities of what would and will happen if you should decide to defend yourself, your property or stand upon your rights as set forth in the Constitution's Bill of Rights.

I now ask you, do you as an American support and would you defend our Constitution and Bill of Rights? If not, I will defend your right to disagree but I have to wonder if you would have me murdered for supporting and defending our Constitution and Bill of Rights. I am wonder if you, to one extent or another, are one of those who consider our Constitution and Bill of Rights a just piece of paper and if and when law enforcement should decide so, should they have a right to disregard their oaths? As you may know, even the President is required to swear an oath to Protect and Defend our Constitution from all enemies, foreign or domestic....would you by that standard be considered a Domestic Enemy?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by brigand

ya, ever have a ranger threaten to shoot your dog for chasing deer?

against the law in a lot of states for a dog to do that and can be shot, even chasing someones livestock.

i have had that done to me. didn't want to kill him but had no choice.

what's with you people? lol!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma

Originally posted by fooks

ya, like i said.

yay! st.paul 2012!

I in fact purposely did not say what anyone "Should Do", I only pointed out the realities of what would and will happen if you should decide to defend yourself, your property or stand upon your rights as set forth in the Constitution's Bill of Rights.

I now ask you, do you as an American support and would you defend our Constitution and Bill of Rights? If not, I will defend your right to disagree but I have to wonder if you would have me murdered for supporting and defending our Constitution and Bill of Rights. I am wondering (not really, I know what you are by what you wrote) if you, to one extent or another, are one of those who consider our Constitution and Bill of Rights a just piece of paper and if and when law enforcement should decide so, should they have a right to disregard their oaths? As you may know, even the President is required to swear an oath to Protect and Defend our Constitution from all enemies, foreign or domestic....would you by that standard be considered a Domestic Enemy?

I am going to go on to ask, is a person a criminal, a mad dog, if they should decide to defend themselves. If law enforcement should come with weapons drawn onto your property, kick in your door and threaten you; are you a sick puppy for trying to resist and protect yourself, your home, your family?

Moreover, when you are driving down the road (not drunk, not driving erratically or breaking any law); do you believe it is right or okay for Law Enforcement to stop you, ask you for identification, information about where you and been, what you have been doing and then, if they wish, to search your car? I am just curious.
edit on 16-8-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

you threaten my dog or varmints i sho as hell would blow your head off.

i don't care if we are on the same side.

i expect you to do the same to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join