It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
My dog is part of my family.

Point a gun at my family and you'll get what's coming to ya. Police officer or otherwise.
edit on 16-8-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

to some dog=god or at least the center of there universe,i saved my dog from shelter after he had been rescued from a guy who fought older dogs as a puppy since ive gotten him hes saved my life 3 times once from my now former fiance so yeah id definatly defend my dog with my life if need be but then again where i live the cops call me when there gonan show up so we dont have these misunderstandings especialy after my neighbor almost had them shoot me over a mis understanding(i have a thread up about that so i wont bore you with more details but if you wanan know more pm me) so dont under estimate peoples feelings for there pets

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Limbo
reply to post by korathin

There's plenty of other countries out there that don't have militant gun toting lunatics dotted
about the neighbourhood and they are quite civilised trust me..
edit on 16-8-2011 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

This isn't one of those countries. America was founded by "gun totting lunatic's" for "gun totting lunatics". The peace and freedoms you enjoy is because of "gun totting lunatics" like Mr.Hitcho. If you feel the need to have your backside wiped by authority every time you have a bowel movement I suggest you move to more authoritative nations such as Cuba, UK, China or North Korea.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Sadly I feel no remorse for this cop, they kill civilians every single day. It's about time they got theirs back. Of course the article says stun gun, now tell me why would a cop shoot a dog with a stun gun your likely to miss and then you have no defense unless you can pull out your gun in a split millisecond. My uncle got the cops called on him a while back and one of his dogs got out the door and this dog was known to bark at anyone...the cop felt threatened so he pulled out his gun and killed the dog.

Yeah, cops dont need a warrant anymore there is something along the lines called the Patriot Act...have a nice day

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

His goose is cooked. They found some drugs and some guns. Another BAD man killed a hero. It's over.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Someone kills a police officer: "Wohoo serves him right justice has happened! Those darn power hungry cops always being so oppressive no wonder they get killed"

Police officer kills someone: "Damn those stinky cops! Poor law abiding completely innocent non-threatening civilian didn't deserve to die. Lets start a Facebook capaign against all cops! FREEDOM!!"
edit on 16-8-2011 by famalhut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by famalhut
Someone kills a police officer: "Wohoo serves him right justice has happened! Those darn power hungry cops always being so oppressive no wonder they get killed"

Police officer kills someone: "Damn those stinky cops! Poor law abiding completely innocent non-threatening civilian didn't deserve to die. Lets start a Facebook capaign against all cops! FREEDOM!!"
edit on 16-8-2011 by famalhut because: (no reason given)

The difference being, the cop shot a man in the back execution style while he was restrained. The man shot the cop in the face after plenty of warning like a pissed off hillbilly. The cop went to jail for 2 years, how long will the citizen go to jail for? If you can't see why that's not right, then there's no hope.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

but if by some fluke its ruled the cop was there illegaly those guns and drugs are then considered in valid but i will say hes problay screwed but if he has good enough lawyers he might get off u will be suprised what u can get away with in this country with money connections power luck or all of the above

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Poor dogs, i'm glad they were not hurt. That would have been horrible. Other than that great news! thanks OP =)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

There's plenty of other countries out there that don't have militant gun toting lunatics dotted

This isn't one of those countries. America was founded by "gun totting lunatic's" for "gun totting lunatics". The peace and freedoms you enjoy is because of "gun totting lunatics" like Mr.Hitcho. If you feel the need to have your backside wiped by authority every time you have a bowel movement I suggest you move to more authoritative nations such as Cuba, UK, China or North Korea.

So you acknowledge the USA has militant gun toting lunatics dotted about the neighbourhood.

I like freedom too. I live in the UK, it's nice, many people think so too, Canada is nice also - what's your point ?
Are you trying to say the UK is not nice, I think many people would disagree?
(To speak of your constitution and foundation, which is what a lot of people on here seem to invoke *Was founded* we have the Magna Carta so yes our country was "founded" on violence too blah blah. It was also founded on debate.)

The point is you are living in _fear_ and it is being re enforced in anti government propaganda
It will never end as long as you keep thinking the way you do.
Things change society gets more civilised as people get more educated.

Now before you invoke Nazi germany on me, tell us why the man was justified in killing the police officer ?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Well in my book they didnt have the right to search his house.
this all took place outside.
This seems to have alot to do with ego.
I bet alot of you have neighbors that dont like you.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hey guys been away for awhile, but now I'm back, lol

First off my heart goes out to Officer Lasso and his family, may he rest in peace.

My question, and what I believe to be a major hole in this story is, Why was he in the back yard?

I can only assume the officer went to the front door first... right? He NEVER should have went into the backyard without backup, I dont see any way around it...

IF he went into the backyard first then of course the dogs were let out, they were most likely clawing and barking at the back door just like mine do if anyone even approaches the fence... Did the suspect have a fence?

Seems like a bad judgement call to me, I wouldnt hop in someones back yard unannounced even if we were good friends...

Backup should have been called long before the backyard was entered...
edit on 16-8-2011 by XTexan because: spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
As the son of a former cop,I can tell you that vast numbers of people are EXTREMELY unimpressed with cop killers.Regardless of the reason for whether you love or hate the police,one thing is true;there are some really bad people in this world,and if you are unaware of how they do,its because the cops in your area are doing a good job.BAHGOOFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
uh this was already posted..

here

so why are those both next to each other on the popular list?

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

It doesn't really matter. They photoshopped the dudes picture to make him look more scary. They went public with a really small find and hyped it up. His goose is cooked.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

So you acknowledge the USA has militant gun toting lunatics dotted about the neighbourhood.

I like freedom too. I live in the UK, it's nice, many people think so too, Canada is nice also - what's your point ?
(To speak of your constitution and foundation, which is what a lot of people on here seem to invoke *Was founded* we have the Magna Carta so yes our country was "founded" on violence too blah blah. It was also founded on debate.)

The point is you are living in _fear_ and it is being re enforced in anti government propaganda

Now before you invoke Nazi germany on me, tell us why the man was justified in killing the police officer ?

You just proved my point person from a country with the most camera's to stalk citizens. You need to live in an authoritative nation. And why do you British &^%$'s insist on shoving your inbred Anglo way of doing things on us American's? Didn't you get the message in 1776 we want to live a different way then you? What will it take a war of 2012 to drive the point home to mind your own damn business you red coat?

We have a 2nd Amendment we like very much and you British pansies keep trying to "convince us" to give it up. I am a Citizen of these united States of America. You are a subject of the United Kingdom, a stone throw away from becoming a serf again. Try sissifying another nation and leave America alone!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The problem with this thread is that there is a divide, there is labels. I eat up every bad cop thread on this forum and I eat up every bad cop video that comes along. I don't like what the profession does to people's attitudes. My cousin married some dude, had five kids with him then got divorced from him cause he was a jerk. He went on with his life and tried to become an FBI agent. That didn't work, so he got all beefed up, allegedly with the help of steriods and now the jackass is roaming our streets in a cop car. I'd hate to be pulled over by him. Hes twice as arrogant as he was before. Cops are just bullies with guns for the most part.

BUT.

Stop making this thread about cop vs. citizen situation. Strip it down to this. One man shot another man in the face with a projectile weapon and now one man is dead. This is an atrocity. This is a Cain vs Abel thing. 9 times out of 10 this situation would result in the cop calling for backup and the "citizen" being shot by six cops. They both had weapons, they both acted irresponsible towards God, and there fellow man. Instead of trying to assign blame to anyone or argue or it being justified we should mourn the fact we are in a condition where we have to argue about it at all. Violence, Murder, Death. Shameful.
edit on 16-8-2011 by McDohl because: forgot a word.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes

Another bit of evidence that cops are out to destroy everything you love and that they deserve whatever happens to them for encroaching upon your right to freedom to life and liberty.

Sure. The only problem is, they're vastly better armed, and are paradoxically substantially more scared of you, than you are of them. I don't even want to think about what they will do to the poor bastard whose dog had the phaser pointed at it. You've heard about the death of the cop here, but you WON'T hear the screams of the man who shot him, while he is tortured in police custody.

It is said, O Mandhatri, that the Creator created Power (represented by the king) for the object of protecting Weakness. Weakness is, indeed, a great being, for everything depends upon it.

All creatures worship a king. All creatures are the children of the king. If, therefore, O monarch, the king becomes unrighteous, all creatures come to grief. The eyes of the weak, of the Muni, and of the snake of virulent poison, should be regarded as unbearable. Do not, therefore, come into (hostile) contact with the weak. Thou shouldst regard the weak as always subject to humiliation. Take care that the eyes of the Weak do not burn thee with thy kinsmen. In a race scorched by the eyes of the weak, no children take birth. Such eyes burn the race to its very roots. Do not, therefore, come into (hostile) contact with the weak. Weakness is more powerful than even the greatest Power, for that power which is scorched by Weakness becomes totally exterminated. If a person, who has been humiliated or struck, fails, while shrieking for assistance, to obtain a protector, divine chastisement overtakes the king and brings about his destruction. Do not, O sire, while in enjoyment of Power, take wealth from those that are Weak. Take care that the eyes of the Weak do not burn thee like a blazing fire. The tears shed by weeping men afflicted with falsehood slay the children and animals of those that have uttered those falsehoods. Like a cow a sinful act perpetrated does not produce immediate fruits.

If the fruit is not seen in the perpetrator himself, it is seen in his son or in his son’s son, or daughter’s son. When a weak person fails to find a rescuer, the great rod of divine chastisement falls (upon the king). When all subjects of a king (are obliged by distress to) live like Brahmanas, by mendicancy, such mendicancy brings destruction upon the king. When all the officers of the king posted in the provinces unite together and act with injustice, the king is then said to bring about a state of unmixed evil upon his kingdom. When the officers of the king extort wealth, by unjust means or acting from lust or avarice, from persons piteously soliciting mercy, a great destruction then is sure to overtake the king. A mighty tree, first starting into life, grows into large proportions. Numerous creatures then come and seek its shelter. When, however, it is cut down or consumed in a conflagration, those that had recourse to it for shelter all become homeless.

When the residents of a kingdom perform acts of righteousness and all religious rites, and applaud the good qualities of the king, the latter reaps an accession of affluence. When, on the other hand, the residents, moved by ignorance, abandon righteousness and act unrighteously, the king becomes overtaken by misery. When sinful men whose acts are known are allowed to move among the righteous (without being punished for their misdeeds), Kali then overtakes the rulers of those realms. When the king causes chastisement to overtake all wicked people, the kingdom thrives in prosperity. The kingdom of that king certainly thrives who pays proper honours to his ministers and employs them in measures of policy and in battles. Such a ruler enjoys the wide earth forever.

-- The Mahabharata

Americans are not going to defeat the current government via direct engagement. You won't. They've got that base totally and completely covered. They're psychopaths; you are not. Murder is an inherent part of their nature; it is not an inherent part of yours.

The ONLY way that the people are going to overcome the government, is by collectively overcoming their fear of death. The government must be confronted collectively, and informed by the citizenry that said citizens are aware of the fact that death is the only true hold that the government has over them.

This then needs to be followed by the question being asked, of whether the government is willing to murder literally the entire nation of people. If the government *is* willing to do that, then they would have been going to do it anyway; nothing you can do there. If they are *not* willing to do that, however, then they can be forced to back down.

If you want to fight them, do not do it with knives and guns. If you truly want to fight them successfully, you must overcome your fear of death; to the point where if they are going to kill you, you are honestly willing to allow it to happen.

I did not believe in pacifism myself in the past; but in this case, it is really the only card that the American people have to play. You have some guns, yes; but your government has tanks, planes, rocket launchers, and any number of other kinds of weapons. Gandhi was able to wield the power that the Mahabharata speaks of, above; and he used it to defeat the English. Americans must learn to wield it against their own government as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
They would have done the same to us and I have said a long time ago on here that people would start rebelling against the cops if they thought they were above the law. People are people....uniform or not.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

You just proved my point person from a country with the most camera's to stalk citizens. You need to live in an authoritative nation. And why do you British &^%$'s insist on shoving your inbred Anglo way of doing things on us American's? Didn't you get the message in 1776 we want to live a different way then you? What will it take a war of 2012 to drive the point home to mind your own damn business you red coat?

We have a 2nd Amendment we like very much and you British pansies keep trying to "convince us" to give it up. I am a Citizen of these united States of America. You are a subject of the United Kingdom, a stone throw away from becoming a serf again. Try sissifying another nation and leave America alone!

Oh it's the US vs THEM argument. Let me play the racist card here, Inbred, redcoats ?
What point did I just just "prove"?
Does paranoid anti government stiring militant ring a bell?
You were not there in 1776 BTW as neither was I.

You think it is ok for one citizen to blast another citizen in the face with a shotgun using the second amendment as justification for it.

Also to be pedantic I'll use a stereotype too which you seem so comfortable using.
"And why do you British &^%$'s insist on shoving your inbred Anglo way of doing things on us American's?"

To answer your question with a question,
Why do "you Americans" try to enforce your ridiculous way of living on the rest of the world by being the police of the world?

Added this too

whatshappening3121.wordpress.com...

Officer Robert Lasso, 31, was gunned down in yet another cold-blooded killing. At 1706 hrs., Ofc. Lasso had
approached the area of a ‘verbal disturbance’ call that came in. As he came to the home and continued his
investigation at the rear of t…he hosue, at 1718 hrs., two dogs were unleashed on him.

So according to this article he went to the home and the guy set his dogs on him.
As he tried to fend off the attack he called for backup and the killer blasted him with shotgun in the face.

Reasonable force anyone?

Also

Red. Robert was also a volunteer firefighter. Not for an extra paycheck, but simply because he gave a damn.

A model citizen?

Also noted that the other police officer could have shot the killer in self defense.
If the policemen in this instance were so bad why don't we have a dead killer too?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join