It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

page: 1-Police
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

www.dailymai l.co.uk

A police officer killed while responding to a domestic disturbance in a small eastern Pennsylvania borough had pointed a stun gun at two dogs before being shot, court records reveal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+47 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Another bit of evidence that cops are out to destroy everything you love and that they deserve whatever happens to them for encroaching upon your right to freedom to life and liberty.

My dog is my best friend. And as with any best friend, I would defend him to my death. So of course this type of thing is going to occur when fascist ideology encroaches upon our God-given right to freedom. Perhaps if cops weren't so quick to be trampling upon the rights of humanity, they wouldn't occasionally run across those who take freedom and liberty seriously.

www.dailymai l.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8/15/11 by HenryTwoTimes because: (no reason given)

+66 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

I don't see pointing a stun gun at my dog as a reason to pull out a shotgun and start blasting away. Even though I love my dog.
Phasers were set to stun, not kill. This man lost his life, police officer or not, over ignorance.

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I don't agree with it either, but reading similar stories of dog-murdering pigs could have driven this guy over the edge. If cops didn't routinely murder dogs, this would not be an issue.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Unreal ... you shoot a cop because your dogs are threatening to attack him and he points his taser at them.

I hope they strap Hitcho to a gurney.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It is a tragedy, I just cut Freemansburg cemetery today. Flag at half mast at the police station. God Bless their family. No one knows what can happen in a domestic dispute. The Local DA,Morganelli is seeking death penalty.
I just wish it would be used more for homicides in general.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There's a thread already here www.abovetopsecret.com...
The man was also ordered by his chief to shoot the dogs with a taser. This officers death was unnecessary. I can understand trying to punch or tackle the cop but dang a shotgun to the face is a little overkill.
edit on 15-8-2011 by smokeythabear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Dogs don't know any better. If you are trying to encroach upon a man's right to live his life, you should prepare for encountering everything that life entails without going in with weapons drawn.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokeythabear
There's a thread already here www.abovetopsecret.com...
The man was also ordered by his chief to shoot the dogs with a taser. This officers death was unnecessary. I can understand trying to punch or tackle the cop but dang a shotgun to the face is a little overkill.
edit on 15-8-2011 by smokeythabear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Bless their family. No one knows what can happen in a domestic dispute. The Local DA,Morganelli is seeking death penalty. I just wish it would be used more for homicides in general.

yes..I wish it could be used on cops who needlessly kill victims..as in the case of the fullerton cops.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that I would have done the same to anyone trying to harm my dogs.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Piss poor training mixed with bad decision making ended this guys life.
The ripples of this one incident should ripple around the world and be learned from.
Whether it was the Cop's fault, or the property owner's, there was obviously large room for error on the leo's behalf and it cost him his life. You better be a big boy to do a big boy's job or you could get yourself or your associates killed. Sounds like the type of consequence you get from the Barney Fife handbook imo.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Can't believe you're actually on the side of the shooter! The dog was most likely a threat and killing a human over giving a dog a shock don't even compare!

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
A father of two killed because he pointed a taser at two dogs?

WRONG!

There's no way that the lives of those dogs were worth more than the life of Robert Lasso.

Hitcho Jr should be put away for a long long time.

In this instance, the cop certainly appears to be the clear victim - unlike most other cop related threads we see on ATS.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I don't see pointing a stun gun at my dog as a reason to pull out a shotgun and start blasting away. Even though I love my dog.
Phasers were set to stun, not kill. This man lost his life, police officer or not, over ignorance.

Does anyone know for sure the effects of a stun gun on a dog? Can a stun gun kill a dog? People have died from them. I would not think twice about defending my dog's life in this manner. My dogs are the equivalent of children to me.

I'm sure we'll get more info on this story in time. I don't like to hear about a death like this, but I can't say I wouldn't react the same way if put in the same situation. My thoughts go out to the officer's family nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Ignorance is not knowing that tasers do more than stun. They can kill.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CelestialSon

It's not so much that people are proud of the shooter's actions. I think it's the frustration that people are tired of the police officers pulling out their stun guns over every issue. It's like the cops can't solve any issues without firing their stun guns.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join