It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast Fish Contaminated...Is a "No Consumption" Warning Coming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

About three-fourths of the 42 spots sampled in California had what state officials called “moderate” degrees of pollution from the two most problematic contaminants, but concentrations at several sites spiked high enough to trigger “no consumption” warnings if more sampling confirms dangerous amounts of the contaminants.

I recently lost my father to Cancer. We have never had it in our family. I am not saying this is the cause.

But honestly, It can't be helping. I have a feeling the huge rise in cancers is environmental.

There is really no proof. Detection is better than it used to be. We are living longer.

I'll ask you the question. In your life, your family, your friends have you noticed a rise in cancers?

Moderate-to-high levels of pollutants were found in several local species, including various bass, perch, rockfish and shark. Contaminant loads were heaviest in San Diego Bay, a spot that’s long been known as a toxic hot spot much like other industrial and military hubs across the country.

In the rush to protect this Country, is the Military slowly killing us?

Manufacturing these weapons may be more of a threat other Countries.

Contaminants in fish are particularly troublesome for children, people with compromised immune systems and those who eat large quantities of local seafood, a common practice in some ethnic communities. They also are a reminder about the unintended consequences that many 20th-century products created in the environment.

Reminder.....How about cleaning it up?

The cleanup plan still hasn’t been finalized, partly because of objections by companies and agencies on the hook for the bill, but momentum is building for a plan to be adopted by the end of this year.

I'm shocked.....The "Companies" do not want to pay for the cleanup.

PCBs, or polychlorinated biphenyls, are a group of chemicals consisting of more than 200 individual compounds. They can cause cancer, damage the liver and affect development, reproduction and the immune system. They were used widely during the mid-1900s in electrical, industrial and other applications — and they still haven’t disappeared, despite being banned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in 1979.

Banned since 1979 and it's still showing up in high levels. Must be some nasty stuff.

I welcome any input...

LINKS

San Diego Bay Pollution

Engineered Bacteria Mop Up Mercury Spills

San Francisco Bay Pollution

edit on 15-8-2011 by whyamIhere because: spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The military is definitely killing us, but I highly doubt a "no consumption" warning is coming. That would contradict their unstated goal of killing us all without us knowing the harm they are doing in the name of saving us.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
The military is definitely killing us, but I highly doubt a "no consumption" warning is coming. That would contradict their unstated goal of killing us all without us knowing the harm they are doing in the name of saving us.

I didn't think of it in those terms...

You feeling a little surrounded?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I have decided we are slowly being poisoned from all directions. Down through the rivers and from industry on the coasts by barges and ships. I posted this a short while ago regarding oil still in the Gulf of Mexico causing illness and sick fish and seafood. (thread here BP:The oil is still here and so are we!)

Sick fish in Gulf

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexedandconfused

We really wonder why there are mass animal die-offs?

Some are natural.

Some have to be a result of man.

or

Is it just easier blame it on some fireworks...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

They were blaming shrimpers in the gulf for the deaths of turtles.

Shrimpers say "don't blame us"

It really irks me that those who are doing the polluting are getting away with out having to accept responsibility.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about your dad. I agree with you, to some extent about the envirnoment. It is also the food we eat and the water we drink. Perhaps it has something to do with actual nulear detonations in the atmosphere?

Thanks for the heads up on the seafood.

CJ

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Thanks for that video...

You would really have to be in denial to believe there is no long term effects.

Who needs an Apocalypse. We are making our own.

new topics

top topics

join