It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
No search warrant equals illegal trespass on the part of the cop.
The cop aiming any weapon at the dogs is illegal and the homeowner had the right to protect his property, (the dogs)

The cop was wrong and the home owner was right. The 4th amendment wins again.
To bad the cop died, maybe other cops will follow the law next time.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Argyll

Responding to a traffic violation. They had no right to bother him about anything else. They knew they had nothing so they messed with him until they had something. They got more than they bargained for though.

I really hope when or if, you, and several other members here on ATS really need a police officer, and I mean really need one, that you remember your comments here.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

If he had nothing to say about it, you do what you can and leave. "You have the right to remain silent". The cop couldn't arrest him, had no right to keep enquiring about it, and should've left.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Argyll

Responding to a traffic violation. They had no right to bother him about anything else. They knew they had nothing so they messed with him until they had something. They got more than they bargained for though.

Who are "They" you are referring to? The single cop that got shot at the "back of the house" not inside the house. Oh it make purfect sense the cop was already inside hanging out with this dude and his vicious dogs. He was at the back door barricaded and had his dogs at the door barking and what not or like a lot of druggies do they tie them up at the back door...then the dude pops the police officer.

The sad thing is you dont even see how skewed you are

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I think the majority of citizens never see a cop when they actually need one. I know I haven't.

I also hope that when the cops decide to play games with you, that you're equally unfortunate. Maybe it will open your eyes to the true nature of most police officers and their attitude towards others.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Possibly the most offensive post I have ever read on ATS.....and I've been here a long time

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Really I read something by carseller before that was pretty bad. I guess the difference being carseller is a troll while you're getting mad at someone for having a offensive opinion.

I love my dog. Do you have dogs?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Reconer

If he had nothing to say about it, you do what you can and leave. "You have the right to remain silent". The cop couldn't arrest him, had no right to keep inquiring about it, and should've left.

Listen...all you have here is what the article stated...so dont make crap up in your own little fantasy brain..

Nowhere did it say he kept pestering this guy over a speeding complaint. It did say the guy used his dogs to keep the officer away from him...prolly resisting arrest but definably assault LEO and Obstruct.

You have dont have the right to remain silent until after the police officer determines a crime has, was, or was about to be committed...then you can invoke Miranda and lawyer up. If a crime was committed there was no reason to talk to the guy and it would just be try and arrest the guy..which it look like was the case...then he added agg assault and obstruct there too...oh...and aggravated homicide...maybe capital murder.

Did you get your legal knowledge from behind a jail cell or nowadays...an inmate pod...???

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

I love how they're turning the cop into a hero. Too many things like this happen too often. The police have no respect for the people, and the way this was handled shows that. "Gunman" huh? More like freedom fighter.

Shooting a police officer in the face with a shotgun when he's threatening to (but doesn't actually do anything) defend himself against your dogs that are attacking him makes you a freedom fighter?

Really?

There's 2 sides to every story. And it doesn't really matter where you aim a shotgun. The total lack of accountability is what brought this about. I don't like that this happened. It was long coming. Most street law enforcement today are young hot heads with no respect for life or human rights. Police shooting family pets is getting out of control across the country. The law almost seem to intentionally set themselves above the people they are sworn to protect. They are still people with the same faults and desires as the worst of us, but they have a gun that is more commonly used out of panic or anger rather than necessity. They want to be unaccountable and having this can only lead to a place of darkness. When I was young, we knew the local law by their 1st names. They were friendly with the community. What happened is a symptom of what 20 yrs of slow, continuous erosion of society by growing gov is doing to this country.
Just as an example, I read a story of law firing 62 shots at an attacking puppy. Come on.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

Why would police officers play games with me?

I'm nearly 50 years of age!.....I have never had a problem with any police officers.....I have a simple philosophy on life....I don't break the law.....It ain't rocket science!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

yes I do.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I personally believe that if a police officer(s) were to shot someone's dog on that person's private property, esp. without a warrant, that this would be equivalent to shooting someone's cows, pigs, chickens, or any other livestock they might own. Hell, why don't they just burn a whole field of crops too? How far can this sort of thing actually go?

edit on 15-8-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Human life over a dog's life? Hmmm....I'm going to choose human life over an animal's life every time. And yes, I'm a dog owner, cat owner; love animals but still, to choose one over the other for me it's gonna be human life. Kill my dog or my daughter, kill my cat or my mother...see how it goes?

link   

you're getting mad at someone for having a offensive opinion.

So you agree it's an offensive opinion?

link   
reply to post by Reconer

If he had time to call in his boss, he was there more than 5 mins. Don't ignore the facts because you want to stick up for your brother. Yea I can tell you're a cop.

reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Ain't that the truth. I have three cops that come into my office daily. Two young ones, one old one. Young cops? Are loud mouthed and arrogant. Older cop? A perfect gentlmen.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The cop bashing is getting tiresome and pathetic.

I know its mainly kids talking tough from behind a keyboard but some of you should hear yourselves. You sound like the very things you are accusing the establishment of embodying.

More information...

It started with Lasso responding to a call about a disturbance.

A borough man who claims he was the victim in that disturbance is crediting Lasso with saving his life.

The man is a neighbor of George Hitcho Jr., the suspect now charged with killing Lasso. The man, who didn't want his name published, said he had a confrontation with Hitcho before Lasso arrived.

"He saved our lives," he said Friday, referring to Lasso. "All I can say is the officer saved our lives."

He would not comment further on the disturbance between him and Hitcho, other than to say an unarmed Hitcho threatened him before Lasso responded.

Freemansburg man says George Hitcho Jr. threatened him, credits officer Robert Lasso with saving his life

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You don't even live in the united states. Have you ever met a US cop while he was doing his duty?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069

I love how they're turning the cop into a hero. Too many things like this happen too often. The police have no respect for the people, and the way this was handled shows that. "Gunman" huh? More like freedom fighter.

Shooting a police officer in the face with a shotgun when he's threatening to (but doesn't actually do anything) defend himself against your dogs that are attacking him makes you a freedom fighter?

Really?

There's 2 sides to every story. And it doesn't really matter where you aim a shotgun. The total lack of accountability is what brought this about. I don't like that this happened. It was long coming. Most street law enforcement today are young hot heads with no respect for life or human rights. Shooting family pets is getting out of control across the country. The law almost seem to intentionally set themselves above the people they are sworn to protect. They are still people with the same faults and desires as the worst of us, but they have a gun that is more commonly used out of panic rather than necessity. They want to be unaccountable and having this can only lead to a place of darkness. When I was young, we knew the local law by their 1st names. They were friendly with the community. What happened is a symptom of what 20 yrs of slow, continuous erosion of society by growing gov is doing to this country.

Once again I sear you people come on here and have your minds set up...you dont even read. If you had you would have seen he was there because he was called. When someone calls in a disturbance...not a "speeding" complaint...an Officer responds...to either one...but the article said "disturbance." Officer goes there and guy barricades him behind his dogs, refuses to talk, and then ends up shooting the officer.

I would love for you to say this to this wife's face and her 2 kids that dont have a dad anymore...not a cop...a dad.

Listen...if you guys are this out of touch..you guys need to get off here and go take a vacation outside or something....you brain is warped.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

you're getting mad at someone for having a offensive opinion.

So you agree it's an offensive opinion?

I really sort of do. Obviously not as extreme but come on they threatened the mans dog ffs. I don't see how the cops are in the right here. From what we know of the story the cops were wrong. We can guess anything about it like "oh the guardian got it wrong and reported wrong, it happened like this." but doing that is guessing. Going off what we have the cops were wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
Human life over a dog's life? Hmmm....I'm going to choose human life over an animal's life every time. And yes, I'm a dog owner, cat owner; love animals but still, to choose one over the other for me it's gonna be human life. Kill my dog or my daughter, kill my cat or my mother...see how it goes?

For some people, that pet is all the family they know. 2 sides.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join