It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I love how they're turning the cop into a hero. Too many things like this happen too often. The police have no respect for the people, and the way this was handled shows that. "Gunman" huh? More like freedom fighter.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

Just wondering who you were under the impression actually HAS the burden of proof, again?

I'm just going on the evidence at hand as reported.......who do you think has the burden of proof when you read the reports?

Sounds like your 'proof' is pretty accessible, why so dodge with the sharing?

I'm sorry, but this case has so many holes in it, it makes about as much sense to start calling for this man's neck as the Casey Anthony madness that Fox News pushes like a drug.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
I love how they're turning the cop into a hero. Too many things like this happen too often. The police have no respect for the people, and the way this was handled shows that. "Gunman" huh? More like freedom fighter.

Shooting a police officer in the face with a shotgun when he's threatening to (but doesn't actually do anything) defend himself against your dogs that are attacking him makes you a freedom fighter?

Really?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

...did you read the articles?... did you see the shooter's picture?... look at his skin and his eyes... thats not a freedom fighter... thats a long time dope addict and probably a perpetual drunk too...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

all i did was quote from the paper that he had been arrested for drug paraphenalia
and make a comment about the war on drugs
cant see how that is a big deal

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

A police officer has NO RIGHT to even be on your land without a warrant if you inform them to go get a warrant. They went in, cocks blazing, and one cock got it. Plain and simple.

I've met about three cops in my life that have earned my respect. That's right earned it. Respect is earned, not given. These cops got what they earned. If you want to run over someone, you better be prepared for them to run over you. That's exactly what this freedom fighter did.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

What he looks like doesn't matter. You also are not privy to his medical records. He looks a lot like he has HIV. I'm sure the officers thought the same as you. "Look at that druggie we'll do whatever we want to him!" and they were wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

How are "they" turning him into a ''hero?" The officer answered a call for service on this man who was causing a disturbance, the man refused to speak with him and used his dogs against the officer as a deadly weapon against the officer, officer decided to ask for permission to use his taser "stun gun" on 1 dog...cant use it on both of them at the same time so it was pointless for him to do that. Dont need permission to protect yourself against someone who is using dogs as an aggressive weapon...its the same as him pointing a gun at the officer which moments later he did any way and pointed the trigger. Officer didnt have time to react and got him head blown off and now has a wife and 2 kids left behind...because this "freedom fighter" demanded a "warrant" and "for him to get off his property." FYI a warrant is for searching for fruits of the crime and nothing to do with speaking to him about the crime he cant just refuse to and hide behind his dogs and barricade himself inside his house.

Tell those little children left behind that if they're daddy had let this guy hide inside his house, after committing a disturbance and having his dogs ready to attack him as well as refusing (obstructing) to speak with him, left and retreated from a call every state says "shall not retreat" whether someone shooing innocent people or a loud noise complaint he would still be alive. If he would have had his Glock out instead of his stupid non lethal taser out (against 2 dogs) he would have at least been able to react.

Your the serious threat against our freedoms...because you dont even know what freedoms you have....causing a disturbance and acting surprised and throwing out demands and dogs and eventually a shotgun bullet into an officers head is not a freedom. Your as skewed as this old man who shot this cop!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokeythabear
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Alright then, let me clarify, Human life. I love animals, but do you honestly believe it was worth shooting the officer in the face with a shotgun?

To value one life is to value ALL life.

This is a great principle to understand. As the aggressor, he put himself in that place - defense is an open contract, a blank cheque.. you would do the same, or live in fear and anger for the rest of your life as the victim that officer sought to make you. Do you understand?

We welcome him back into the great game of experience as soon as he is ready to play again.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Argyll

A police officer has NO RIGHT to even be on your land without a warrant if you inform them to go get a warrant. They went in, cocks blazing, and one cock got it. Plain and simple.

I've met about three cops in my life that have earned my respect. That's right earned it. Respect is earned, not given. These cops got what they earned. If you want to run over someone, you better be prepared for them to run over you. That's exactly what this freedom fighter did.

They had every right.....they were responding to a call of a disturbance.......you have no idea what you are talking about......sorry

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Wyn Hawks

What he looks like doesn't matter. You also are not privy to his medical records. He looks a lot like he has HIV. I'm sure the officers thought the same as you. "Look at that druggie we'll do whatever we want to him!" and they were wrong.

Really? Thats the first thing cops think or is that what you think? So "COPS" do whatever they want to someone based on if they look like an HIV patient or a druggie?

Your beyond lost...seriously.

There was 1 cop there and his chief was on the way. Im sure thats exactly what he was thinking when he had about 10 different more critical-safety things to be worried about. It looks like he wasnt thinking about 10 more or he would be alive...on top of attempting to figure out this guys deal on why he was committing a "disturbance."

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Rockpuck

--and a knotted tree branch--

Really?

That was mentioned because . . . . ?

It may of been a `Shillelagh` i.e a cudgel / club. Essentially an offensive weapon.

But with all the fire-power in the house - this implement pales in comparison.

link   

link   
Are you kidding me? People are defending cops here?

It is stated in the article that the cop didnt have a warrent and the man wanted the cop to leave. Then the cop preceded to try to stun the dog to which the cop got shot. If he wasn't a cop this would all go away.

Something I told my friend on skype about this story (censored a bit):

edit on 8/15/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

[7:27:28 PM] Drew: I ducking hate stun guns. Cops treat them as toys. I'd rather all cops have is guns. At least then it is clear, it isn't a toy.
[7:27:42 PM] Drew: A tazer is treated as non lethal when it can easily kill
[7:27:49 PM] Drew: a gun should always be treated as lethal
[7:27:53 PM] Drew: no if ans or buts
[7:31:39 PM] Drew: "Morganelli said he will likely handle the prosecution himself, and pointed out killing a police officer in the line of duty is an aggravating factor that could allow him to seek the death penalty. "

I want all cops to go the duck away
[7:31:57 PM] Drew: I don't know about you guys but my pets are part of my family. It's weird but that's just how it is
[7:32:06 PM] Drew: if they attack my pet they attack me

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Responding to a traffic violation. They had no right to bother him about anything else. They knew they had nothing so they messed with him until they had something. They got more than they bargained for though.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Argyll

A police officer is there because he was called...not because he was board and figured he would do some breaking in some old mans house through the back door some random night retard.

Like I said...a warrant has to be issued by a judge and in the warrant it explains what "items" specifically are to be searched for and you still have to have probably cause for that too. Thats right...searched for. An arrest warrant and search warrant are two different things idiot.

1) He didnt need to get a search warrant to talk to the guy...its totally a wayyyyy separate aspect of law enforcement.

2) If he had intended to go there and arrest with an arrest warrant he would have presented it..but that too is off the wall and inapplicable.

He was trying to talk tot he guy about why he was causing a disturbance...or if he even was causing a disturbance...then the guy goes through the sequence of events as which followed....Wow. Your lost on so many levels.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

ah thanks for clearing that up for me! I was literally picturing a random tree branch with a decent knot not like a professional beating stick like that one,makes a bit more sense for why they mentioned it then id just never heard a club being described in that matter or heard of a Shillelagh before that does make a bit more sense

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join