It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

dont forget his deadly knotted tree branch they made sure to bring that up as a "deadly weapon" to try to make him look bad which is kinda funny not that a tree branch wont injure you but seriously listing that as one of his main weapons? maby it was the dogs toy or something but thats just something i found funny sorry for the rant

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
And all of this because a neighbor complained about him speeding? A cop can't even enforce a traffic complaint without being witness to it. If I see you drive drunk a cop can't arrest you unless they see you drive drunk. So the cop had no rights to even confront the man on his property.

Read the article.

It wasn't over him driving fast, it was over the actual confrontation. If his other run ins with his neighbors are any indication, he probably threatened to kill the other guy. Regardless.. it was a disturbance call, the cop had every right to try and talk with the suspect, regardless of where he was.

Peopel who take stupid situations and claim "sovereignty" or any other BS ruins it for those with legitimate cases. 9 times out of 10 when a story about cops abusing citizens is posted on ATS the cop is in the wrong .. not so this case.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

ahahahaahahahaha "come down"(a come down from pot=being full) not to be rude but seriously man what books u been reading sure some people may have adverse reactions but full on stalinesque paranoia does not happen from pot even if you smoke ounces or pounds of the stuff if anything your more likely to NOT notice the police showing up or be too busy eating chips or pizza bagles to resit in most cases

most pot heads dont end up shooting people thats usualy the tweakers domain when they come down

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Rockpuck

--and a knotted tree branch--

Really?

That was mentioned because . . . . ?

LOL .. I wasn't going to bring it up, I have no idea. It must have been a sinister looking tree branch, that's all I can say. They also mention that he had a tent in his back yard named "sally" or something like that...

Nope, tent was named Hillary

and a tent with a sign that read, "Hillary."

Small town news I suppose.
edit on 8/15/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Argyll

ahahahaahahahaha "come down"(a come down from pot=being full) not to be rude but seriously man what books u been reading sure some people may have adverse reactions but full on stalinesque paranoia does not happen from pot even if you smoke ounces or pounds of the stuff if anything your more likely to NOT notice the police showing up or be too busy eating chips or pizza bagles to resit in most cases

most pot heads dont end up shooting people thats usualy the tweakers domain when they come down

Okay.....you just keep telling yourself that and I'm sure you'll be okay.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
To many times the police have smash’t down the door and run in guns shooting at any thing that moves. they have got away with this for far to long. now they will think before they shoot. well I hope. but it will take more dead cops. and when the cops give respect to people. innocent or guilty. they it will be a lot safer for All of us. a dog is about the same size as a child. if you tazzer a child you could kill them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Your credibility here is really going south fast. You can't even respond to or quote the correct poster. I guess police work is that hard.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I see cannabis as being reasonably benign compared to alcohol etc. however anyone who argues that cannabis is not linked to a variety of mental disorders is greatly uniformed...

Psychotic illness appears to begin at younger age among those who use cannabis

Cannabis use appears to be associated with an earlier onset of psychotic illness, according to a meta-analysis of previously published studies posted online today that will appear in the June print issue of Archives of General Psychiatry, one of the JAMA/Archives journals.

Chem Lab: Scientists Are Learning How Weed Causes Paranoia

In the January issue of Neuropharmacology, which happens to have a marijuana theme, two teams of researchers tried to explain what causes some people to feel paranoid when they smoke weed.

If you think it’s impossible to have too much of a good thing — think again.

THC may Cause Schizophrenia-like Symptoms

Yale University researchers have shown that active ingredient in marijuana can cause transient schizophrenia-like symptoms ranging from suspiciousness and delusions to impairments in memory and attention in some patients. The study was an attempt to clarify a long known association between cannabis and psychosis in the hopes of finding another clue about the pathophysiology of schizophrenia.

Etc, etc, etc...
edit on 15-8-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

This is funny !

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
reply to post by Argyll

Your credibility here is really going south fast. You can't even respond to or quote the correct poster. I guess police work is that hard.

Please explain?

I believe I have quoted and responded correctly.........I'm sure you will point out where I went wrong though?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
There have been tons of dogs that have been killed by tasers...

A dog can be killed by electric shock easier than a human..

I have much experience with livestock electric fences of lesser voltages than a taser by far, but they still give you quite a jolt, and to a dog I have seen one die, and many other farm dogs lay sick for a couple days recovering from the shock of a fence....

Knowing these things, I feel it is a 50-50 chance a dog can be killed by a taser.. and you just know the cop is going keep zapping the zap button several times like they always do...

Pretty sad situation though, and it sure won't help freedom in my view..

X26 taser uses about 2 milliamperes...or 0.002 amps but 50,000 volts but it has 19 pulses in 1 second for a 5 second "ride". The amps are what kill you...there are usually 1 amp fuses in electric fenses with less pulse time and they are prone to be hooked up wrong and lots more go wrong. There are almost no comparison when it comes to comparing the two.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm all for bashing cop and everything, BUT not on this one, folks.
A person just kill another human being over his dogs.....this just make the situation more and more complicated....from now on cops will respond the situation with dealy forces, no more the usual taser gun because well, look at this for example. What next is that we (some of us) will cry out "Police State" for cop will follow a new protocal on dealing with this kind of things.
I'm tired of all the "we (human, animal, plants) are all together" hippy BS.......We need to pause for a second and think; is it really (pick your words) necessary - approriate - a must - worth it to kill another flesh and blood human being over your pet dogs.
All of this result from a human being kill another OVER animals.

Believe me, I love animals, I am, I cried for over a week because my cricket die when I was 6, months of griefing over my gold fishs (and other kinds), and I still get emotional whenever I think about the death of my family dog (he is too old). But this is just not right at all.

The Officer and his family have my condolences.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Ummm interesting story. Seems like more than half the facts are completely missing though?

So you'd better make them up and start pushing them.

Anyone who defends this creep is an idiot..)

....Way to uphold the presumption of innocence....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

Just wondering who you were under the impression actually HAS the burden of proof, again?

I'm just going on the evidence at hand as reported.......who do you think has the burden of proof when you read the reports?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join