It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
I posted this in the new thread, didn't see this one.

It is a tragedy, I just cut Freemansburg cemetery today. Flag at half mast at the police station. God Bless their family. No one knows what can happen in a domestic dispute. The Local DA,Morganelli is seeking death penalty.
I just wish it would be used more for homicides in general.

Yea, that way when we get new technology and prove they were innocent.

We don't have to bother working up the balls to apologize.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

he was ordered to kill the dogs. a tazer wouldn't do that.

unless the officer who was shot has marks from being attacked by the dogs, i'd say the homeowner isn't guilty.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Piss poor training mixed with bad decision making ended this guys life.
The ripples of this one incident should ripple around the world and be learned from.
Whether it was the Cop's fault, or the property owner's, there was obviously large room for error on the leo's behalf and it cost him his life. You better be a big boy to do a big boy's job or you could get yourself or your associates killed. Sounds like the type of consequence you get from the Barney Fife handbook imo.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

No what I meant was ( And again, just playing devils advocate) What if I had a stun gun pointed at your mom and you had a gun on you? Would you shoot me to save your mom?

You've never met my mum

She'd have your throat before I could even point a gun at you!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

He was ordered to "shoot" the dogs with said taser. No article says "kill"

it should also be pointed out (if you bothered to read the thread) that the home owner did not shoot the officer because he aimed a taser at his dog, the original comment was he thought the officer was breaking into his house.

If you and I have an argument and I threaten you, and you call the cops on me, and an officer shows up... I don't have the right to kill the cop. Logically yours and many others on this thread, make no sense. Show a general sense of ignorance and a complete misunderstanding of the legal system. But hey, if you got Google everyones a lawyer.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

And they certainly don't need to trek into your backyard and fire tazer guns at your dog to respond to a 911 call either.

How do you know that?....if the 911 call is relevant to that property then why shouldn't they enter any part of it?

Oh and the officer didn't fire anything at the dogs......he pointed it at them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yeah, and don't get me wrong. I am not one of those people who hates all cops. In fact,I think 99.99% are awesome as can be. Have friends who are/were cops and all.

All I can say is,I just hope I am never in a situation where I have to figure out what I would do.

Yeah same here

I know not all cops are good....some get power trips, but im sick of the baseless assumptions here...its ridiculous. He was following orders, armed with a non lethal weapon, and he was shot in the face, by someone who is a convicted drug dealer. Yet people always side with the criminal....sad really

Isn't it though? It never made much sense to me to just jump to conclusions like that. I always preferred examining both sides and coming to a logical conclusion.

Some prefer to just hate blindly. Not me,if I hate someone,I promise you I have a damn good reason.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

No what I meant was ( And again, just playing devils advocate) What if I had a stun gun pointed at your mom and you had a gun on you? Would you shoot me to save your mom?

You've never met my mum

She'd have your throat before I could even point a gun at you!

hahaha! You are probably right!

Id be the idiot that drops the gun and shoots himself in the leg,anyway.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This whole tragedy is just a big case of bad communication.
The cop didn't communicate properly with the suspect, and the suspect surely didn't try and communicate correctly with Mr. Lasso.

The article said that the officer was using a stun gun. What does the defendant say? "He tried to kill my dogs and pointed a gun in my face,"
Maybe it wasn't a stun gun. Maybe it was and the suspect just has bad eyesight and mistook it for a real gun.

Then the police chief instructed Lasso to "Shoot the dogs". Not exactly the best choice of words when dealing with an irate suspect. He didn't say "tase the dogs" or "knock the dogs unconscious."
The suspect obviously thought the worst and responded out of instinct. He thought his dogs were about to die and his only thought was to shoot first.

If he had instead just pointed the gun at the cops, that would be grounds for them to go ahead and kill HIM and his dogs. This suspect might also not have been the smartest chap, so take that into account also.

To the posters saying that the dogs weren't worth one human life, that is not for you to decide. Just because the officer was a father doesn't give him the right to kill a suspect's animals. Many people consider their animals their children and love them like they would a child.

This guy was clearly willing to risk the death penalty just to save the lives of his dogs.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thereisnotry

from what I heard locally, the guy was drugged up, haven't heard anything confirmed as of yet.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This guy was clearly willing to risk the death penalty just to save the lives of his dogs.

Or he was just stoned from using the drugs found in his house?

State police descended on the home at 10:30 p.m., according to the search warrant, and found a myriad of weapons and a collection of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

from what I heard locally, the guy was drugged up, haven't heard anything confirmed as of yet.

On marijuana! So intoxicating! Call the FDA!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

He was growing too so he was probably scared about that but then shooting a cop isn't exactly the way to keep it on the dl.
edit on 15-8-2011 by smokeythabear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustard seed

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
I don't understand why they didn't kill the guy with the shot gun that murdered the officer. Arresting a nut and putting him on trial just gives him a forum to spout his illogical beliefs and does nothing to keep the order of society.

It is called due process and if the police would have followed it the guy would not be dead. Do you really think letting police shoot who they deem a nut job is how to keep an orderly society? if so I am either going to go out of my way to avoid your kind or shoot first depending on what will insure my survival in your society
seed

Sorry to disagree with you but the so called free men/sovereigns have no place in society. Maybe when we have frontier worlds to colonize they would be of use in taming a planet but would again be in the way when regular settlers arrive.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And all of this because a neighbor complained about him speeding? A cop can't even enforce a traffic complaint without being witness to it. If I see you drive drunk a cop can't arrest you unless they see you drive drunk. So the cop had no rights to even confront the man on his property.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

On marijuana! So intoxicating! Call the FDA!

Marijuana causes paranoia, paranoia causes people to act unrationally.....also what of the other "drugs related paraphernalia" that was found?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Blowing a cops head off with a shot gun is just a wee bit on the extreme, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Blowing a cops head off with a shot gun is just a wee bit on the extreme, wouldn't you agree?

I couldn't agree more, I don't even own a firearm much less would I ever think about doing such a thing.

But I would have to be much, much less intelligent to aim a weapon at a rednecks dog while on his property and expect not to get shot in the face.
edit on 15-8-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join