It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here we go another cop bashing thread

Funny how only the negative side of police officers come out here

Edit- funny how some of the key facts were omitted to make the officer seem like the bad guy.....pathetic
edit on 15/8/2011 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Ummm interesting story. Seems like more than half the facts are completely missing though?

From what I gather:
Police are called to the residence due to a call form help (from an unknown source)
Officer arrives and tries to talk to the suspect and the caller.

Suspect is irate that police are called.. he lets his dogs out the back door.

Officer is cornerred by the dogs and the suspect and calls for backup.
Backup arrives (it's the Chief because it's a tiny town) and tells the officer to TASE the dogs.
Officer aims taser at the dogs

Suspect (presumably on the otherside of the door?) pulls a shotgun and blasts him in the face.

Somehow the cheif then arrest the suspect as EMS responds to take officer to the hospital.

Suspect claims he had a right to shoot the officer in the face with a shotgun because the officer pointed a taser at his dog(s) and he was on private property............

I hate most cops. Most are !@$!heads in my opinion. In this case however the guy had absolutely no right whatsoever to even threaten the officer letalone shoot him. Cops were called to his residence because of a disturbance. Police DO NOT need a warrant to be on your property during the commission of a crime. Police CAN tase/shoot your animals if you purposefully let them loose (as was the case since the dogs got out after the police got to the back of the house). The suspect sounds like a looney.. if the cop really was a jerk out to murder someones pets he would have done it before he called for backup, used a real gun, and simply not threaten just shoot. But he didn't, he was clearly in the situation for a while.

(PS how small was this town? The last time the suspect was arrested it was by the same officer!.

Another neighbor said she dealt with Hitcho only once, when he allegedly threatened her young son for throwing a tennis ball against the side of his house.

www.lehighvalleylive.com...
He was the neighborhood nutcase .. the creepy guy that kids fear, the house where a ball is kicked over the fence and you never see it again...

Anyone who defends this creep is an idiot..)
edit on 8/15/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokeythabear
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Alright then, let me clarify, Human life. I love animals, but do you honestly believe it was worth shooting the officer in the face with a shotgun?

police havent a care if a suspect has a family or not. this is the price thats paid due to the fact of police drawing their weapons so often we have a right to not have our 4th admendment rights not being violated and that means not at all, period!
lesson learned maybe next time the chief wont put his deputy in danger again
and also yes even for animals. it was this mans property and thats the law
edit on 15-8-2011 by AllUrChips because: add stuff

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yea let's fight fire with fire until we all kill each other. Madness will not stop madness. Some of you people are ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I feel very sorry for the officer nonetheless, and his family. There are many things at stake here. One, civil liberty, and a lack of a warrant, should have sent him away, period. Except for NWO procedures, which most are not going to accept by the way, just a nice little message being sent to the 6000 BC, RAKA pharaohs, and the RA-KA-M shields, 2 bloodline families given control over the money and the administration of the empire. Gee, wonder who that is. We're not accepting NWO! So many are going to side with the one who defended his dogs.

But what probably happened, was he was eager to protect the woman, in the domestic dispute, and the dogs were probably sicked on him. And I would still consider it honorable of him to try and protect someone from abuse, having gone through abuse.

So....very sorry for this incident.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Warrants are important.

They exist for a reason.

So cops don't get shot by people defending their property.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

The Police don't need a warrant if/when responding to a disturbance call, as far as I know...

Yes/No?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokeythabear
Yea let's fight fire with fire until we all kill each other. Madness will not stop madness. Some of you people are ridiculous.

Yes, violence is not the answer. Faith and drawing out the goodness in others, and unconditional love. This incident should never have turned out this way to begin with.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What other choice do you have at that point? If the police are going to kill your dog without a second thought, and most likely kill you even if you were a marine and served your country proudly, there is really nothing you can do but employ the second amendment. The police (but in this case acting more like armed thugs, and not from insubordination but from the police chief!) have removed the possibility of the owner getting a court judge to rule on his obvious infringement of his rights, and so the police are doing this to themselves by giving Americans no other choice but to shoot. And I'm sure they'll pay off the jury to view this man as some type of hell spawn and then bring the real motive behind all this: the death penalty.

Hypocrites and Satanic murderers of innocent life will suffer their judgment in this life or the next.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
never mind delete
edit on 15-8-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Warrants are important.

They exist for a reason.

He responded to a disturbance call

No warrant was needed

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Ahem... Stun Gun, dude.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
From what I see, these 2 paragraphs are the most important from the OP article.

Police Chief George Bruneio, who arrived after Mr Lasso requested assistance, instructed him to 'shoot the dogs' and that's when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired, authorities said.

Why did he instruct Lasso to shoot the dogs? Did Mr. Hitcho order the dogs to attack? Did the cheif just want the dogs out of the picture? Also, the gun Lasso was pointing at the dogs was a stun gun (taser I guess). What kind of dogs were they?

There's also this paragraph which was ealier in the article.

Freemansburg police officer Robert Lasso had pointed at the attacking dogs when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired the fatal blast on Thursday evening.

It says the dogs were attacking. If what the above paragraph says is true, I would be more inclined to side with the officers on this one. (Also about the warrant, the police dont need one when responding to a disturbance I believe. If they were going to search his house, then yes, I believe they would need a warrant then, but not in this case)

But, I dont think we have the full story yet, and Im going to wait until all the details come out before I make my decision on this.
edit on 15-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

the call wasn't for the man in question, and he told the officer to leave. he also says the officer pointed a gun in his face, not a taser. you can't kill a dog with a tazer! do you really think that's what he was holding?

this man will be vilified. how many times have we heard "suspect fired at police officers" then it turns out he didn't? same deal. "dogs attacked" i call BS cover story.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Warrants are important.

They exist for a reason.

No warrant was needed

I think you're missing the point that police targeted and have killed dogs in the past. Warrant or not the police are not executioners.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
www.lehighvalleylive.com...

officer Robert Allen Lasso was shot and killed on the job early Thursday evening while responding to a disturbance call

...some poster mentioned that the officer had no warrant but thats not an issue in this case... no warrant is required when responding to a disturbance call...

...another poster complained that the article (above) was biased and makes the shooter look like a horrible person... i think people like that poster need a psyche check or a vision exam at the least...

...the homeowner, george hitcho jr, has at least one criminal conviction....

Lasso had encountered Hitcho before, according to court records. He charged Hitcho on Dec. 11, 2006, with possession of drug paraphernalia in Freemansburg. Hitcho pleaded guilty April 2, 2007.

...is that biased reporting?... no...
...does the above make hitcho a horrible person?... no...

...was the shooting really about hitcho protecting his two dogs from being tased?... or was this a trap because hitcho had a grudge against lasso?... i'm betting on the latter...

link   
POLICE DO NOT NEED A WARRANT WHEN RESPONDING TO AN EMERGENCY CALL

link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Warrants are important.

They exist for a reason.

No warrant was needed

I think you're missing the point that police targeted and have killed dogs in the past. Warrant or not the police are not executioners.

Since when has a dog been killed by a stun gun?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I am not pro-cop, and have been on the receiving end of unfair treatment by officers before. but i feel really bad for this cop that got killed. He should still be alive. the whole situation should have played out differently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join