It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic

page: 1.
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I knew this was only a matter of time. Hopefully something positive will come out of this.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 15-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Mon Aug 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: misleading title

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well you can get charged the same as killing a cop if you kill one of their dogs, and we know for a fact that they'll absolutely try to kill you if you were to even try to hurt their pups (and arrest you for as little as barking at them)...
Really interested in how this turns out.

Funny that it happened in "Freemansburg..." More fuel for the "sovereign citizens want to kill cops" mantra?
edit on 15-8-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
No offence but the cop didn't have a warrant. Unlucky, a tragedy even, but a taste of things to come i believe.

Sad but true.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If somene..anyone tried to kill my 2 dogs I'd shoot em in the face too. Sorry, I love these dogs more than most people I've met.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It does not add up. The article says that he was ordered to shoot and kill by the police chief who was on site. So the man shot him. Why didnt the police chief shoot back?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

That's exactly what that man did, and now two children are going to grow up without a father. Over two dogs. I value life a little more than that, and his chief ordered him to kill the dogs if you read the story. This was an unnecessary murder.

edit on 15-8-2011 by smokeythabear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but I honestly don't believe anything good will come out of this.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokeythabear

That's exactly what that man did, and now two children are going to grow up without a father. Over two dogs. I value life a little more than that, and his chief ordered him to kill the dogs if you read the story. This was an
unnecessary murder.

You don't value life at all . lol. THOSE DOGS WERE AND STILL ARE ALIVE.

F'ing arrogant humans.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
...hillbilly, your source just purely sucks...
... heres a better one...

www.lehighvalleylive.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

That's exactly what that man did, and now two children are going to grow up without a father. Over two dogs. I value life a little more than that, and his chief ordered him to kill the dogs if you read the story. This was an unnecessary murder.

And the Chief has that blood on his hands. Shame.

Poor guy.

Probably been getting picked on by the cooler fat kids his whole life.

Issuing an order to shoot an armed redneck's dog, on his property with no warrant is completely idiotic.
edit on 15-8-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Alright then, let me clarify, Human life. I love animals, but do you honestly believe it was worth shooting the officer in the face with a shotgun?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

that source is very biased. they make the guy out to be a horrible person. if the cop was going to kill the man's dogs, and he wasn't being attacked by them at all, then i think the man was well within his rights to kill the cop. in that article they don't mention the order to kill the dogs, or the man telling the cops to leave if they didn't have a search warrent.

there has to be a line. people need to stand up and show the police that they can't do whatever they want.

this man had better get a good lawyer, because they will try for the death penalty.

Police Chief George Bruneio, who arrived after Mr Lasso requested assistance, instructed him to 'shoot the dogs' and that's when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 15-8-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If their policy is shoot all dogs on site before assessing a situation, then policy needs to be changed asap!
Most people treat their dogs as one of the family, following orders to kill a family member, human or not, should be met with resistance in my opinion, not necessarily deadly though.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Alright then, let me clarify, Human life. I love animals, but do you honestly believe it was worth shooting the officer in the face with a shotgun?

Morganelli said he will likely handle the prosecution himself, and pointed out killing a police officer in the line of duty is an aggravating factor that could allow him to seek the death penalty.

That's how you're gonna show people to "value human life"? Mhm, yup, uh-huh...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

'He tried to kill my dogs and pointed a gun in my face,' Hitcho said, according to the documents. 'I do not care if you a cop or not ...Unbelievable.'

Why did the chief make the order to shoot Hitcho's dogs?

The officer had been responding to a report of a disturbance and ended up at the back of Hitcho's house, authorities said.

So, was Hitcho of interest for the disturbance, or did they simply end up in his backyard, and get scared of the dogs?...

Confusing story.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

So you're implying I think the man should get the death penalty? No, I never said that and I don't think he should, but I believe he should be punished.

I think it's ridiculous that he killed the man. I understand resisting and knowing your rights but he went too far.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smokeythabear

yes. the cop was on his property and was told to leave if he didn't have a search warrent. then the cop goes to kill the man's dogs?

there is a line, and the cop crossed it. the man was well within is rights to defend his property.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

But maybe those two kids will grow up to fight the future, instead of growing up to be trampled by it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think a relevant quote from the article:

A police officer killed while responding to a domestic disturbance in a small eastern Pennsylvania borough had pointed a stun gun at two dogs before being shot, court records reveal.

bold = mine..

Totally senseless murder of a LEO on duty..

RIP Officer Lasso

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The article says Stun Gun!

Whose arrogant, again?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join