Anyone in college have an ipad?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hi guys, I am thinking about buying an ipad for college and was wondering if anyone on here has one and could tell me some pro's and con's of them and some apps that would be beneficial for a college student.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Stick with your lap-top/smartphone...unless you crave to be part of the in-crowd then id say go for it

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Im in highschool and i say: Ipad = Piece of Junk They are overpriced #$^!@
If you want to be popular, get a motorolla pad...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well the entire thing is an overpriced fashion accessory, pretty much all apple products are.
They are computers for the average people, its too bad the average person is an idiot.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Lol it is definately not about being popular. I am 31 years old and could care less. I was just wondering if there were any better benefits with an ipad as opposed to a laptop.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I stopped using my laptop and desktop when I got my iPad.

I never go anywhere without it and it can do everything I need it to.

You will need to buy the 'Pages' app which is basically the same as MS Office for writing papers and numbers(excel).

Then you can get yourself an apple tv and use your iPad as the remote control..the apple tv is the coolest thing ever, I have one for all three TV's in the house and will never pay for cable again.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
Lol it is definately not about being popular. I am 31 years old and could care less. I was just wondering if there were any better benefits with an ipad as opposed to a laptop.

10 hour battery life(supposedly).

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Don't buy it! Just get a laptop, you'll be fine. Plus you might be in a class where you can't even use electronics. I'm in college now and I just use my laptop in my dorm, that's it. I don't bother bringing it to class. Unless you want to "show off" your iPad to your friends, then go head

I only know 1 person who has an iPad.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador

We have an iPad I and II and the battery life is amazing.

Also invest in the otter box case to put it in..it's not pretty in it but it protects your iPad.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor

Originally posted by Segador

We have an iPad I and II and the battery life is amazing.

Also invest in the otter box case to put it in..it's not pretty in it but it protects your iPad.

The long battery life doesn't justify its price.
There are netbooks half the price of Ipad that are more powerful.
Being a closed source device is another slap to the face for the buyer.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Just on a historical note, I had this when I was in college - sweet.

CJ

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Is that an idesk

LOL

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I think it came with a magnifying glass to read the thing...good luck and use the new tech well!

CJ

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Depends on what you're going to college for - the Ipad won't be very helpful in Business School, for example. However, it might be a snazzy (over-priced) tool to browse the web, though.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I agree with Garn40ish and I will add that if it does not have a proper keyboard then you should not be using it.

Tablets and smart phones are devices for slaves.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

I am double majoring in Health Science and Biology with a minor in Chemistry.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

My partner has his masters in business management and is a big wig at AT&T, before the iPad he had to use a company issued laptop..now he never touches that thing..he does all his work on the iPad.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Buy a Mac or run a Windows/Linux dual boot system. You will need a laptop or else be prepared to be spending hours in the labs. Unless you can justify buying both, the Ipad will not be your go-to machine.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

Yes, but your partner is not in school. I'm talking about uni. environment (which incl. proprietary systems) that will need to be accessed on campus, I was being practical. Anyway, To each Their Own...

edit on 15-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
reply to post by LadyS

My partner has his masters in business management and is a big wig at AT&T, before the iPad he had to use a company issued laptop..now he never touches that thing..he does all his work on the iPad.

I don't see how he can work efficiently when the Ipad has terrible ergonomics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join