It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA Rejects ‘Two States for Two Peoples’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

“The story of two states for two peoples means that there will be a Jewish people over there and a Palestinian people here. We will never accept this….

“We will not sacrifice the 1.5 million Palestinians with Israeli citizenship and we will never agree to a clause preventing the Palestinian refugees from returning to their country.”

Link

So straight from the horse's mouth (that was a figure of speech, by the way).

They will never accept a two state solution.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

So what do they want exactly then?

Kind of confusing

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

We all know what they REALLY want.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The Jews to go away?

I don't think that will happen.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It definitely won't happen. Israel isn't going anywhere and Palestine will not accept any compromise.
You can almost see the smoke on the horizon already.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It's all lip service.

Bottom line, if the PA become an independant nation, they loose billions of $$$ of which they can't afford to loose.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It's quite simple. They will not accept Israel as a Jewish state, nor should they, because it isn't.

20% of Israels population is Arab. Also which other democracy that you know defines itself by the ethnicity, religion of one section of its society?

Removing the 20% from Israel and dumping them in Palestine would be nothing more than ethnic cleansing.

If you cannot see that, you do not understand the conflict.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I was a little confused when I started reading this because I took PA to mean Pennsylvania. After I figured out who they were talking about... ok, I'm still confused.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

It's quite simple. They will not accept Israel as a Jewish state, nor should they, because it isn't.

20% of Israels population is Arab. Also which other democracy that you know defines itself by the ethnicity, religion of one section of its society?

Removing the 20% from Israel and dumping them in Palestine would be nothing more than ethnic cleansing.

Arab does not = a particular religion......

Since when is someones ethnicity tied in with their religion? Im half native American and I could be jewish, you can be Arabic and be jewish........

Lets not make this a race issue

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

--Israel is the world's only Jewish-majority state, and is defined as a Jewish and democratic state in its Basic Laws.--

I guess the facts escape you.

Belgium and Switzerland. It is called a Consociational Democracy.

Oh, I understand quite well, thanks. So you agree that their should not be two states, but one?
edit on 8/15/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

thank you for teaching me a new word that one was new to me,at first i thought this was about PA in America not the Palestinians i guess this means there will be another speed bump in the road for the peace talks for a bit

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

How can Israel be democratic when it operates an apartheid state within the West Bank and an illegal blockade of the Gaza Strip? How can it be democratic, when now anyone who crictizses the occupation is now open to civil suits? How can it be deomcratic when the Arab citizens are referred to as a fifth colomum by the Israeli elite and treated as second class citizens?

Belguim and Switzerland were not lived upon by an indigenous population that were ethnically clensed before they were set up. This is what happened in 1948.

You don't understand that removing 20% of a population from a country, who are citizens of this country, who do not want to leave is ethnic clensing?

I back a two state solution as do the PA. They just do not wish to sell out the Palestinians who live in diaspora or the ones who reside in Israel, who the Israelis have not been able to get rid of.

I will repeat.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I did not say 'Arab' was a religion but an ethnicity.

Lets not make this a race issue?

I think you will find that the Zionists made it a race issue by ethnically clensing 750,000 Palestinians in 1948.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Israel has made it damn clear they don't want Palestine to become a State..
In fact it's one of the few things we know for sure about Israeli policy..

Why not question them??

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Both sides have lost in this conflict. But how will it ever be resolved if each side is not willing to sacrifice something? A two-state solution - One Jewish/Israeli State and One Palestinian State - is the best way to achieve peace at the moment. You can go on about what happened in the past all you like but it is the year 2011 and there is STILL tension in that region of the world. It is time to move on and accept that both Jews and Palestinians deserve their own homelands.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Its not down to me to accept anything.

If the Palestinians want a right of return, no arbitary transfer of Arab Palestinians out of Israel against their will then I back them on this.

Don't delude yourself. The Israeli elite and much of population are unwilling to sacrifice anything in the name of peace. They are one of the most heavily subsidised nations on earth by both their own government and the U.S. yet they are on the streets in their hundreds of thousands protesting about 'justice'.

The majority of these protesters do not seem to include ending the occupation and siege of Gaza as part of this rush for justice.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Do you actually want peace in the region, or would you prefer that Israel and its 7 million civilians simply disappear? You do realise the majority of Israelis have nothing to do with Palestinian suffering and are simply born into a way of life that they did not choose?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Taking part in the national service which includes patrolling the West Bank and holding the blockade of Gaza is not being involved? Add to that the purchase of goods and services from the settlements.

There is a complete lack of a peace camp in Israel pushing for a just peace with the Palestininas, so it is kind of irrelevant what I want when it is clear that the Israeli elite and much of the population do not see it as an issue to be overly concerned about.

Don't even try and start trying to tar me with some kind of Anti-Semitic brush.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: Formatting

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Army service is compulsory for most people there - they don't have a choice otherwise they risk going to jail. The Government is the problem, not the citizens. Purchase of goods and services from settlements is again something they have no control over for many Israelis - they simply get what they need to survive.

You should stop lumping the actions of the Israeli Government with the general population. Most Israelis do want peace as do most Palestinians - it's the Extremists on both sides causing most of the trouble.

I don't use that brush. There is just an unhealthy obsession among many on this forum to only see one side of the conflict and ignore the other. With some unbiased research, one can see that both sides in this conflict have made some bad mistakes and are responsible for the mess in that region.
edit on 16/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

one can see that both sides in this conflict have made some bad mistakes and are responsible for the mess in that region.

OK, we've heard all about Hamas and it's so called terrorists acts, so tell us what Israel have done wrong in your opinion..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join