It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama On Debt: I Had A Deal That 'Would Have Solved This Problem': (Mr. Delusional is Back!!!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

President Barack Obama told an audience on the first stop of his bus tour that his original deficit reduction plan could have solved the nation’s debt problem “tomorrow” but House Speaker John Boehner walked away from the deal.

“The fact of the matter is that solving our debt and deficit problems simply requires all of us to share in a little bit of sacrifice, all of us to be willing to do a little bit more to get this country back on track and that’s not too much to ask,” Obama told a crowd in Cannon Falls, Minnesota on Monday.

“Basically what we need to do is we need to cut about 4 trillion dollars over the next 10 years. Now that sounds like a big number, it is a big number but you know, if we were able to, as I proposed, cut about 2 trillion dollars in spending – if folks who could best afford it, millionaires and billionaires, were willing to eliminate some of the loopholes that they take advantage of in the tax code and do a little bit more and if we were willing to take on some of the long term costs that we have on health care – if we do those things, we could solve this problem tomorrow.”

Source: cnsnews.com...

You know, I don't know what is worse.... This moron speaking and spewing LIES or the failure of ANY media to ask follow up questions or ANY investigative reporting.

Does this man really think we are that stupid? He didn't have ANY plan. NOT 1 idea that was public. Not a ONE. But, now on his Saving my Job Bus Tour, he just blabs away.... watch the video. Obama seems to think that Teli-Promter speaking is a plan. How about some paper to back it up?

I wish that Just Once a "reporter" would say... "Excuse me Mr. President... could you prove what you just said? with facts and documents to support what you just said?"

One thing for sure, Obama will never post on ATS... hehehe. He would be jacked on his first thread for not being able to support anything.

But, being the optimist that I am... maybe the MSM and the rest have seen the light and they have decided to let Obama just keep running his mouth and making his own rope to hang his presidency.

Oh, remember this one from the Obama files...

Obama: My Presidency Will Be ‘A One-Term Proposition’ If Economy Doesn't Turn In 3 Years

President Barack Obama said in February 2009 that his presidency would be “one-term proposition” if the economy did not recover in three years, giving him less than six months from today.

“Look, I'm at the start of my administration. One nice thing about the situation I find myself in is that I will be held accountable. You know, I've got four years,” Obama told The Today Show’s Matt Lauer on February 1, 2009.

Source: cnsnews.com...

Hes got so much B.S. coming from him that he can't keep em straight. I wonder what reporter will bring this up to him? lol
edit on 8/15/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oh yeah... I know the deal he means. It's that deal he only ever had in his own head, never wrote down, and said he couldn't share because it would just become a target for politics. Yeah...THAT "deal"... Well, if someone among the Psychic Corps can go scan him down to his toenails, perhaps we'll know what that deal was...until then..can this man EVER tell the truth or is he simply physically incapable of it?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wow, yeah, I'll admit that I couldn't force myself to watch that video.

All he can do is to pull the emotional strings of the people who think the "rich" (those quotation marks are meaningful and important btw) are taking advantage of them. That's it. That's all he has got to campaign with.

I wish I could support him as President, I really do, but he makes it damn difficult. And support him for re-election...not a chance.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Funny, but I don't recall Obama having ANY plan whatsoever. All he did was side with the Democrats in Congress; it was THEIR plan.

Obama is such an idiot; nothing but a puppet and figurehead for the power behind the throne. If he ever had an original idea I might just crap.

S&F4U
edit on 8/15/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Actually what he says is very true but naive.

His plan could work, well it would work more then giving away billions to save insurance companies or keep on fighting useless wars around the world that we all know by now only profit the richest which already have enough money to forget the debts and still be multi-billionaires.

Seriously, I don't know who let Obama say such a thing.

I've said it before, Obama wanted change I bet. He just didn't realize that the powers that be control everything and that even the president can't change anything other then fight the good fight and die doing so.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Does he believe the stuff that he spouts?

If so, he really is a nutjob. I think he's knows he can get away with saying just about anything.

He should have fun with that, and come up to the podium some day, and say, 'Hey, I'm drafting a bill that would outlaw breathing in public."

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguyDoes ANYONE believe the stuff that he spouts?

There you go...

And sadly, all of those idiots cheering and clapping say Yes.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
When he says that someone stopped him from moving forward with a plan, this should be the first BS indicator.

The Almighty Obama does what he wants, when he wants. He has never asked for the citizen's input and has only put decisions in Congress to a vote as a means to look like he will consider all options.

To say that he was stopped from saving the Nation by one man...BS.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I don't know what his whole plan was, and I don't think he ever really had one, but....................

The plan that would have worked, and saved the credit rating, and helped the American people, is the plan he is talking about now in the aftermath.

We needed to make deep, deep cuts, especially in foreign aid, military, and social programs. We also needed to let the tax loopholes expire, and look into tax reform that would raise revenue without burdening the lower and middle classes.

That was the correct plan. Too bad he is only now realizing it. As a President, he could have brought this up a little sooner. Us Conservatives would have supported it, even if the so-called "Tea Party Caucus posers" would not have supported it. They are not the true representation of us local Tea Partiers, or us real conservatives.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
That was the correct plan. Too bad he is only now realizing it. As a President, he could have brought this up a little sooner.

Even if it is, Tptb don't want things to change. Most of them we're willing to sacrifice anything, anyone in the name of profit and power. They will continue on manipulating elections, laws, presidents on and on if they must.

Obama does not want to get shot. He wants to leave his post ASAP, I bet and do something new. If the guy really wanted change, he must regret his presidency. He must of been in a fantasy world all his life before he figured out he couldn't change anything really. Redemption from the people maybe it's his only plan left?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The plan the would/will work.... STOP SPENDING what you don't have.

Cut the current budgeting system they (Congress) uses and start running the Country like you run your own household (for most of us anyway).

The whole system is corrupt and made to stay that way. This last budget "Deal" proved it to me. It made me even more dedicated to supporting an outsider.

Way outsider. That is why I want Palin to run. Dumb enough to NOT rob our country and our childrens future.

Enough with the Best and Brightest that are there now. EVERYONE of them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thje only ugly way to fix the economy is the one that voters (mistaken), corporate America and the rich do not want raising taxes, with 51% of the population paying littler or not taxes is not way that the Bush tax cuts to the rich is going to fix the nations problems while throwing bread crumbs on the poor with high unemployment numbers .

Republicans are adamant to stop Bush tax legacy because it will erode their money gravy train of campaign donations.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

What social programs are you alluding to?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The dunce Obama has lost his mind. He expects all the sheople to believe that he's not part of the problem in D.C. Clueless, and completely out of touch with reality. Now go bomb Lybia you hypocrite. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

.... So tell us oh wise one, o sage among us, who will save us from this mess? your beloved GOP leadership in Congress? WRONG ~ they are hell bent on the demise of a) Obama and b) the middle class. the GOP answers to and serves the corporate & banker elite of the world. so who's your next choice? let me guess, Ron Paul, yeah right. him and what army? there isn't enough ENSURE or Geritol on the shelf so wake the hell up.
.... yo anon, get a grip, could ya. Obama deserves a chance, the chance he never got because of aforementioned GOP leadership. from day one of the Obama presidency these idiots were determined to defeat him. maybe because he's black, who knows. maybe because he don't play their game. maybe because he has ideas that would work if given the chance. so maybe you and a whole lot of others should get off the Presidents back and let him do the job us thinking people elected him to do. if you want a bone to chew on try Boehnors or McConnells. their bones need some chewing by a guy like you. you do chew well btw.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
He had a plan?

If he truly had a real plan and if he were a real leader, he should have tried a little harder to push it through.

But he didn't, and he is not, and now he is whining about it,
...but I guarantee you people will actually continue to fall for everything he spews.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The Madman Obama bombing Lybia for his puppet masters. How about that Change Obamabots? Change you can believe in eh?

~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by getreadyalready

What social programs are you alluding to?

I am alluding to a slow phase-out of SS and a transition to a smaller, private, voluntary retirement program. SS was never intended to be a sole form of retirement income. It was a safety net that has been misused. We already have a welfare program and Medicare/Medicaid for those that find themselves destitute.

I am alluding to the Federal extension of unemployment benefits that caused states to take out loans from the Federal Govt to pay benefits, and are now passing expanding costs on to employers and hurting job creation.

I am alluding to the Obamacare monstrosity that was unnecessary. I voted for Obama, and one of the reasons was healthcare reform, and instead of reform, we get a giant frankenstein of a bill with tentacles into every aspect of government!!

There are plenty of places to cut spending, and plenty of ways to phase out programs without putting grandma on the street or in front of a death council.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

No, the Republican leadership sold out on this last debt ceiling bill. They are useless. The Tea Party caucus is useless (except for a few like Paul and Rubio).

Obama had his chance, he has had almost 3 years, and every change he has made has been the opposite of the correct change. He had a Democrat Congress and a pitbull in Pelosi and it didn't help him at all. He has effectively failed, because he is not a leader.

As far as setting him up to fail, it had nothing to do with race, and his own party was culpable as well. Hillary didn't want that spot, he inherited some waning wars, a waning economy, and a cyclical down trend. He was set up to fail, but he cannot be held harmless, because he did make some campaign promises that he quickly abandoned. He didn't close Gitmo, he didn't bring any troops home, he did Libya all by himself, he hasn't reached across the aisles to the Repubs, except when he is caving in to their whims instead of sticking to his guns. He has a track record of making the wrong decisions at every turn. He is just a plain old bad president.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join