It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would al qaeda hate us less if we stopped bombing innocent muslim children?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe there is a connection between al qaeda's hatred for the US and the fact that the US bombs innocent muslim children? Isn't this a normal attitude to take, to hate the country that is bombing you? When Germany was bombing cities the name nazi became infamously evil, so how is the US doing anything different?

What does President Obama, Nobel Peace Prize Winner, think of bombing children with predator drones?

169 children killed in Pakistan alone since beginning of campaign.

www.prisonplanet.com...

But meanwhile, actual, non-hypothetical life in Waziristan and beyond is being severely disrupted. When we hear about drone attacks at all in the American media – which we often don’t – it’s usually either asserted or simply assumed that they’re necessary and having the right results. The experts assured us that we were winning in Vietnam, too. I wish we would stop taking their word for it. One US military officer in Vietnam said something that became infamous as a symbol for that entire doomed war effort: “We had to destroy the village in order to save it.” Is that what America is doing all over again in Waziristan?

www.dawn.com...

What does the nobel prize winner have to say about this?

"Not satisfied with the legal conclusion of the DOJ, the Obama administration found other in-house lawyers willing to declare a bomb dropped from a drone is not 'hostile'.

yro.slashdot.org...

Until we understand and admit there just might be a reason al qaeda hates us, we will never reverse our nazi-like war mentality. The insanity must come to an end, it is time to end the wars and have peace.

Vote Ron Paul 2012.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Who is Al Qaeda?

can somebody post a timeline from 9/11 until now.. what the offical description of Al Qaeda has been?

Will be interesting to see that description change over the timeline.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Im going to give a clear answer and that YES they would as we dont hold their veiws in extremeism of faith in allah so were jihad no matter what.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
But Al kied is said to be some fake illusion army used to be the fall guy for sinister mr/mrs X behaviors... Now maybe the Islamic brotheren in the East would feel less anger -1 doesnt trust the Al kied illusion??
edit on 8/15/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

The short answer is yes and no.

The bombings are only one small part of what had radicalised Al-Qa’ida into a hate of the west.

Bin Laden’s radicalisation started even before he set first set foot in Afghanistan, his was an ideological hate and the core members of Al-Qa’ida had similar beliefs. The bombings in recent years have only further solidified these already hostile beliefs.

I once read a book that had a quote in it “go into a Pushtun man’s home uninvited with guns, you create a whole street of Taliban, torture then his whole village become Taliban, Kill him and you make a whole city of Taliban”. The point is that the actions of NATO forces have had a big role in the radicalisation of many who we now call the Taliban or Al-Qa’ida.

In saying that however, it is important to remember that at its very core Al-Qa’ida hated the west even before we set foot in Afghanistan in 2001, many of them hated us even before the first gulf war. In saying that, it is no excuse for the west to kill 168 Pakistani children, not only is it morally wrong but also strategically wrong as you just end up radicalising 168 fathers and their sons and brothers.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
they certainly would recruit less, but i think leaving them alone and not helping israel would be the best way to end this once and for all.

link   
I suppose it should be mentioned in a thread like this that what is generally thought to be the first Al Qaeda attack on American Soil was based soley upon our physical presence in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. No demands to stop bombing...we weren't bombing anything in 1993. No demands to stop killing Muslim kids..no one was in 1993. Just a flat out and non-negotiable demand to withdraw all western bodies from within the physical boundaries of the Kingdom. Period.

So...How do we figure that stopping the wars ends the fight on their side? I suppose they'll stop trying to hit us if the American Flag is simply never seen again between the Eastern Med and the Indian border...but even then, they'd probably try and hit us just out of spite and this concept that we're the Great Satan.

I'm all for leaving and getting out of that snake pit they call home, but not by THAT reasoning. How about we withdraw because it's just the right thing to do, and nothing more constructive can really be expected beyond this point? Don't expect the fighting there to end tho.....Western Forces won't be the targets, but they'll NEVER entirely stop fighting.

link   
No I don't think they would , the death of civilians by the hands of the infidels is used as a recruiting tool by the extremists , so good propaganda for them .
They choose to ignore the innocent men , women and children that are killed on almost a daily basis by their own hands in indiscriminate suicide bombings .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
At the rate of all the things our country has done to them, I highly doubt it...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I’ll second that one dude.

Just to point out however that Ramzi Yousef was not Al-Qa’ida but he was a radical Islamism who followed the same ideology. But fundamentally you are right, even before we where bombing the crap out of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and whoever else you want to add there where radical Islamist’s who where preaching and practicing a campaign of hate towards the west

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

According to an article in 'The Guardian', by former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook...

Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. Al-Qaida, literally "the database", was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians. Inexplicably, and with disastrous consequences, it never appears to have occurred to Washington that once Russia was out of the way, Bin Laden's organisation would turn its attention to the west.

Linky - Struggle Against Terrorism

st.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

No, no, I don't think so. It is too late.
We have made whatever bed we were going to make over there.
That sort of thing sticks with you.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Replace "Al quaida" with "the rest of the world" unless you are only preoccupied by al quaida.
Its not necessarily my opinion but the answer is yes .. still

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

Yeah, I'd left out the part where these same Muslims murder and blow away their own Women and Children with reckless abandon. Bombing Markets...Stores...Schools and Hospitals. Oh what brave men these are.... No, nothing changes by our withdrawing but the targets they murder. The killing won't end...

Ending OUR PART in it, now that is worth leaving for though. We can watch them kill each other off from here, on TV.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

What has always struck me about that quote is that Robin Cook is not an expert in the history of terrorism and the Guardian has an expert on Al-Qa’ida who writes for them, Jason Burke and his book says the opposite. All I am saying is that I would not read that and go away thinking “Al-CIA’da” if you read the plethora of books about Bin Laden you can start to debunk that myth about “Al-CIA’da” for yourself

link   
The true reason why so many muslim coutries hate America and other western countries is because America and the West live a better life and are more prosperous and successful.

THAT IS THE ONLY REASON.

The reason why they hate Israel is the same reason. Their dictators have to blame someone for their crappy economies and lower level living, everyone needs someone to blame for the failures, and America, being the #1 country in the world gets that benefit.

Muslims kill each other off in record numbers all the time........ Do you really think they get mad when other countries kills them any more than themselves killing each other?

To think that America is the fault of all bad things going on is ignorant, our leaders merely took advantage of weak muslim leaders......... then they turn around and blame every thing on America.

Who's the real fool? If Muslim people revolted against their crap government and demanded to do what's best for the people, then the people could only blame themselves..... and not other countries who are doing better, more exact... the #1 country, America.

link   
Maybe, just maybe there is a connection between the US's hatred for AQ and Taliban and the fact that AQ and Taliban bombs innocent muslim children? Isn't this a normal attitude to take, to hate the organization that is bombing you? When Germany was bombing cities the name nazi became infamously evil, so how is AQ and theTaliban doing anything different?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
The true reason why so many muslim coutries hate America and other western countries is because America and the West live a better life and are more prosperous and successful.

THAT IS THE ONLY REASON.

The reason why they hate Israel is the same reason. Their dictators have to blame someone for their crappy economies and lower level living, everyone needs someone to blame for the failures, and America, being the #1 country in the world gets that benefit.

I think that gets to the core of a lot of what drives them. It’s the fact that we (the West) live so well and they live in such abject poverty couple with their belief that they are God’s chosen people and we are just one step above pagans.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

THAT IS THE ONLY REASON

If only it were so simple,

Go read up about Qutbism and the radical teachings of Wahhbism, this is a theological hate. The west have a better standard of living than the people of Ethiopia, you don’t see them flying planes into western land marks.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue

THAT IS THE ONLY REASON.

Muslims kill each other off in record numbers all the time........ Do you really think they get mad when other countries kills them any more than themselves killing each other?

To think that America is the fault of all bad things going on is ignorant, our leaders merely took advantage of weak muslim leaders......... then they turn around and blame every thing on America.

Who's the real fool? If Muslim people revolted against their crap government and demanded to do what's best for the people, then the people could only blame themselves..... and not other countries who are doing better, more exact... the #1 country, America.

You are saying Europeans are JEALOUS of America?

LOLHAHAAHAHAHAHA

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join