It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul - Corporations Are Not People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Not surprised at his stance but this is a good video confirming it
It's really insane to see people say that corporations are people

It saddens me to see conservatives say that it is
But there are alot more conservatives would who disagree

So that's good news
I wished this was explored further in the presidential debates

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Didn't the courts rule corperations as not being people? I didn't think this would be up for debate
what the hell do I know

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
From wikipedia:

In the United States, corporations were recognized as having rights to contract, and to have those contracts honored the same as contracts entered into by natural persons, in Dartmouth College v. Woodward, decided in 1819. In the 1886 case Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad, 118 U.S. 394, the Supreme Court recognized that corporations were recognized as persons for purposes of the Fourteenth Amendment.[1][2]

Its hard to decide if I agree with corporate personhood or not. At the same time I feel that corporations are not persons I also want corporations to be held to their contractual obligations just like a natural person is. Perhaps reform that leads to corporations being recognized as a liable entity without personhood status?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The "corporation personhood debate" has not ended. Many people are beginning to see the inequity of allowing an immortal business construct to operate as a citizen, while shielding it's direct controllers from legal liability for what they do.

Check this out:

Google Video Link

edit on 15-8-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Of course they aren't people.

People are real, corporations are just make believe.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
even tho i like paul

if mother nature and earth and bugs plants and trees have "human rights" then by extension so should corporations.

humanize one thing dehumanize and demoague another.

poltics is a slippery slope.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If a corporation is to be considered as having the same rights of a person, then it must have the same responsibilities as well. Currently corporate law is lacking in social responsibility with limited liability www.nancho.net...

new topics

top topics

join