It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

RFIDs, Cyborgification, Implants and Hackers

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So there are lots of posts on ATS, more ever day, about Radio Frequency Identification Chips, Implants, Nano Technology and all other sorts of cyborg body enhancements.

There are also numerous posts, more every day, about Anonymous, SecLulz, and other hacker groups infiltrating the various government and corporation networks.

So, my question is, when do the two collide?

A collision is inevitable after all. All technologies eventually come to the people and with that, comes people modifying these technologies however they wish. As we've seen with napster, torrents, Anonymous and the like is that any securty protocols one can put up a motivated hacker can bypass, destroy or unravel. So to assume that these will be unhackable is a fantasy.

Like all technologies, only the super rich will have these implants at first. So could implants possibly be used against the rich and powerful? Could the hackers actually hold the rich implanted people hostage? Could this even be the turning point in the 10,000 years of class warfare the rich have waged on the poor?

Also, assume that all the kinks will be worked out by the time we the poor can afford to buy them.

Opinions?




posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You may find a whole bunch of relevant comments here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It doesn't seem like too far a stretch to consider that technology and advancements may find the same 'channeling' through society as wealth does... One can only hope as humans we can rise above and beyond the petty, self-serving, and egotistical impulses that drive some to oppress, steal from, and exploit others.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab
 


The reason stuff is 'hackable' is due to Unix. This is where folks should place their attention. Take away the Unix and you take away the hacking. If the IT framework that you are suggesting may run these devices is based in Unix then the answer to your question about hackers getting control of it is, Yes. To keep these devices from being hacked they would need to run on proprietary code and on proprietary network.

Is someone trying to take away the Unix?

Could be.






If I am off here regarding Unix I would love it if someone could correct me. I am a Linux/Unix newb with only a year under my belt. But that is my, novice, off the cuff assessment of the situation. Take away the Unix and things are gonna get an awful lot more complicated and I would imagine that it would bring an end to the "Wild, Wild West'. Should we not be trying to protect our Unix? I see it as our birthright.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Frater210 because: ?



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by doctornamtab
 


The reason stuff is 'hackable' is due to Unix. This is where folks should place their attention. Take away the Unix and you take away the hacking. If the IT framework that you are suggesting may run these devices is based in Unix then the answer to your question about hackers getting control of it is, Yes. To keep these devices from being hacked they would need to run on proprietary code and on proprietary network.

Is someone trying to take away the Unix?

Could be.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Frater210 because:



Not sure what Unix is...I'm not really a computer person. It seems though that no technology is defenseless...what about an EMP blast from the sun or another country? How defensible is Unix?



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
You may find a whole bunch of relevant comments here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It doesn't seem like too far a stretch to consider that technology and advancements may find the same 'channeling' through society as wealth does... One can only hope as humans we can rise above and beyond the petty, self-serving, and egotistical impulses that drive some to oppress, steal from, and exploit others.


Max, Yes! I just saw that posted earlier and it got me thinking. If we could embed tiny microchips in our skin whats to keep people from hacking into them and infecting us with a bio-tech virus of sorts?

Also, like you say about ego, I imagine a world where these chips start out as optional but due to demands for "good" jobs, increasing our human capacities will be the equivalent of college education now. Parents saying "Well Jimmy got a brain implant and he's going to Harvard." Capitalism will require us to "keep up with the Jonses"

Implants in a capitalist society will inevitably create two classes of humans: Naturals and the Upgraded

But will the Naturals have the last laugh if they can find a way to hack the Upgraded? Could implants be the final catalyst for TRUE social change?
edit on 15-8-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by doctornamtab
 


The reason stuff is 'hackable' is due to Unix. This is where folks should place their attention. Take away the Unix and you take away the hacking. If the IT framework that you are suggesting may run these devices is based in Unix then the answer to your question about hackers getting control of it is, Yes. To keep these devices from being hacked they would need to run on proprietary code and on proprietary network.

Is someone trying to take away the Unix?

Could be.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Frater210 because:



Not sure what Unix is...I'm not really a computer person. It seems though that no technology is defenseless...what about an EMP blast from the sun or another country? How defensible is Unix?



unix is just a computer operating system with variants of it running on all sorts of computer hardware

the truth is if man can make it man can break it given time so any network controlling this sort of stuff would have to be completely isolated from all forms of ability to be contacted from outside but with idle system admins/demands from suppliers/contractors/developers etc to get easy access there will be more holes than a pin cushion in the systems security which will allow someone to get inside the system and if they know how it works they could start switching off pacemakers remotely from the other side of the world



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab
 


Well sure DoctorNamTab (weren't you the non-smoking, doctornamtab? nice to see you again
) if you take away the electricity it ain't gonna work.

But you wanted to know if they would be hackable right? If there is Unix in there it is probably hackable.

Everybody needs to get familiar with what Unix is right now if they have not done so.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210
 


The one and only non smoking Doctornamtab. That was a fun thread. First person to implant an e-cigarette into their mouth wins the cyborgification contest.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria
 





unix is just a computer operating system with variants of it running on all sorts of computer hardware


You are right, Max, but is it really just another OS? Unix is the foundation of all OSs. When the Seimens controllers in Iran went down due to Stuxnet it was the Unix that let the wolves in...




it was believed that if openness could be achieved and greater amounts of data could be shared throughout the enterprise that even greater things could be achieved. The first attempts to increase the openness of DCSs resulted in the adoption of the predominant operating system of the day: UNIX. UNIX and its companion networking technology TCP-IP were developed by the Department of Defense for openness, which was precisely the issue the process industries were looking to resolve.




posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab
 


It's great to know you have a sense of humour about that thread. I will be friending you now. Thanks, Doc.




posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
get obamas and rich peoples inplant code.
and use it to get in buildings and go shoping for a plane and ship.
I wish I could slip a home less bums inplant code
into obamas inplant LOL.
that would teach them.
you can steel the bank card info now!



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210
 




If I am off here regarding Unix I would love it if someone could correct me.


The main difference with Unix is that the operating system is open source and fully customisable by the user. This has resulted in many variations and efficiencies over time. It does take more technical knowledge to operate when getting inside the operating system and is suited to many applications that do not require a large, weighty operating system like Windows or Apple.



posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
So there are lots of posts on ATS, more ever day, about Radio Frequency Identification Chips, Implants, Nano Technology and all other sorts of cyborg body enhancements.

There are also numerous posts, more every day, about Anonymous, SecLulz, and other hacker groups infiltrating the various government and corporation networks.

So, my question is, when do the two collide?

A collision is inevitable after all. All technologies eventually come to the people and with that, comes people modifying these technologies however they wish. As we've seen with napster, torrents, Anonymous and the like is that any securty protocols one can put up a motivated hacker can bypass, destroy or unravel. So to assume that these will be unhackable is a fantasy.

Like all technologies, only the super rich will have these implants at first. So could implants possibly be used against the rich and powerful? Could the hackers actually hold the rich implanted people hostage? Could this even be the turning point in the 10,000 years of class warfare the rich have waged on the poor?

Also, assume that all the kinks will be worked out by the time we the poor can afford to buy them.

Opinions?


I am curious. Did they ever create a nano tracking device?



posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by doctornamtab
 


Well sure DoctorNamTab (weren't you the non-smoking, doctornamtab? nice to see you again
) if you take away the electricity it ain't gonna work.

But you wanted to know if they would be hackable right? If there is Unix in there it is probably hackable.

Everybody needs to get familiar with what Unix is right now if they have not done so.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...



Why don't they go full proprietary ASIC/OS/software with layers of random private security schemes? As you know yourself hackers would find a way around even that. But then the FBI has white hat hackers also.
What about a hard analog switch that has to be manually switched on to connect to the outside network.
All the highly sensitive stuff is off circuit and the lesser sensitive stuff is on a manually switched network.
I guess you would have to imprison a few of them to get the message across. You don't have to do illegal destructive acts just to initiate change. It doesn't work. Violence legitimizes the state. Non-violence legitimizes freedom.

Catch a rat with a mouse.

Seriously if you wanted to change the world instead of electronic terrorist attacks that can land you in prison. Why don't you create a pop-up ad or bundled ad that talks about the nwo, globalists, and FIAT currency? Information is more powerful than weapons will ever be. That is what TPTB are really afraid of. Not a bunch of decentralized controlled opposition hacking/spoofing servers/computers etc trying to feel important. The nwo WANTS you to do this. They already know who you are. Trust me. They are gaming the hackers like they game everyone else. Especially the general public with "change" and "war on terror".

You're pretending like they don't have teams of paid professional hackers logging everything we are doing.Both on circuit and off. Spy vs Spy.


edit on 16-8-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

Originally posted by Maxmars
You may find a whole bunch of relevant comments here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It doesn't seem like too far a stretch to consider that technology and advancements may find the same 'channeling' through society as wealth does... One can only hope as humans we can rise above and beyond the petty, self-serving, and egotistical impulses that drive some to oppress, steal from, and exploit others.


Max, Yes! I just saw that posted earlier and it got me thinking. If we could embed tiny microchips in our skin whats to keep people from hacking into them and infecting us with a bio-tech virus of sorts?

Also, like you say about ego, I imagine a world where these chips start out as optional but due to demands for "good" jobs, increasing our human capacities will be the equivalent of college education now. Parents saying "Well Jimmy got a brain implant and he's going to Harvard." Capitalism will require us to "keep up with the Jonses"

Implants in a capitalist society will inevitably create two classes of humans: Naturals and the Upgraded

But will the Naturals have the last laugh if they can find a way to hack the Upgraded? Could implants be the final catalyst for TRUE social change?
edit on 15-8-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)


That can become dangerous.

What happens when a few more upgrade tiers become available? A borg-caste system?



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join