It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

red dust covering north pole.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
www.rumormillnews.com...

This photo is dated, 8-13, and does not appear to be altered. I do not usually pay much attention to RMN, but this caught my attention. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This was covered by a previous thread

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
ive done searches using different combinations of key words and do not see it in a title. if you have a link, i would like to see the thoughts on this.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think the post he is talking about is about the north pole breaking apart
Find it here
North Pole Breaking Apart

If you search SUBJECT LINES only it narrows down the search better. I find that it's easier. You would for example, just search "north" and "pole" and then click on subject lines only and it would give you your search list. Hope that helped.

[edit on 18-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hi,

I don't know about nay previous discussions, but the photo looks very altered to me.

The first striking aspect is that the color scheme of the sky is very off. There is virtually no atmospheric pollution at the poles that could cause the hazy, smog-like atmosphere above the horizon.

This strongly suggests to me that the color balance of the image has been altered.

If you look closely at the small bands of clouds, they seem to have too much red and yellow in them.

My bet is the photo has been pushed into this color scheme digitally.

U.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's a trick of the light color of the setting sun. You can browse their gallery here: www.arctic.noaa.gov...

and see that there's no red dust around.

top topics

join