It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Investment Guide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Do you guys know any genuine guides for investing in gold or other precious metals?

I hate those scam looking websites.

Even advice would work.

I'm seriously considering doing this because the world economy is about to fail.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
well i have a 24 ct gold plated and sterling silver excalibur sword from the franklin mint that you could invest in!!! lol im trying to sell it but cant find any buyers. its a beauty. originally purchased in 1992 for 1100 dollars. all i want for it is 200.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
NO GOLD!!!!!!
Gold is a sucker bet.
Silver is the way to go.
You dont need some website or investment guide to show you all that you need to know. Do the research yourself, seriously. You will feel better about your investment if you are the one providing yourself with the info.

1oz gold--$1700
42oz silver---$1700

When the SHTF both will go up like crazy but silver will most likly pass up the price of gold due to silvers industrial uses over gold. So lets say you have 2 oz of gold (probebly worth 10k after shtf) vs 84oz of silver (who knows how high the price will go). Its alot easier to buy the supplies you need, if you have your money broken into smaller bits.

Gold and silver have a nice ratio they like to stay at when both are monitized and that is roughly 1:16.
If you take that into concideration silver should be over $100 an oz right NOW. But its not monitized yet.(it will be
)

So say gold shoots up to 5k/oz than under the usual ratio silver will be $300/oz
Lets do the math, shall we...... 1 oz of gold bought today at $1700 made you $3,300 (post shtf)
For that same amount spent today on silver you will have 43 oz that will be around 300/oz equaling 13k

So you can buy 1oz of gold today and make 3k (post shtf)
or you can buy 43 oz of silver and make 11k (post shtf)
for the same exact 1700 dollar investment.

So in a nutshell buy as much silver as you can right the 'F' now!!!

And the ratio just gets higher and higher the more silver you buy NOW while its still low!!!
You can easily become a millionaire if you have about 50k to invest.
I hope my reply helped.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
i use to think of just like the previous poster does

but then it just hit me right now the price of gold was no where near it was just 3 short years ago.

i have also told people to stay away from gold but if the current potus gets another 4 year

that gold price could double but that is taking a huge risk.

silver is a more affordable investment

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Research foreign and homeland currency. Include Gold Silver and Platinum. Depending on where you are from, one of those may be higher in a foreign, outside your own. Gold, Silver and Platinum has always been just as good, but remains better then any paper back currency. I collect catalytic converters at my shop from busted cars and truck people have towed away. I can get $400 for one caty if it was made in japan. This falls in the platinum section. As for gold and silver you need to find a place for direct values, no middle man bulljunk!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Gold has gone up 8 points in 2 days. It went from $1700 an OZ up to $1760. If the stock market does not see 100 point gains everyday for the next week gold will continue to go up.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is the best website that I have found so far regarding the question of "How to invest in Gold and Silver"

goldsilver.com...

Mike Maloney is awesome!

As another poster has already mentioned, silver is the better investment of the two.

If you do invest in silver or gold or both, make sure you buy the physical bullion (coins or bars). Do not buy any of the paper representatives of the metals, it is possible that the underlying physical metal represented by the paper certificates does not exist.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Today's question is silver or gold

5 years ago it was single or multi family.

The best advice i can give you about investing in gold and silver is don't do it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Today's question is silver or gold

5 years ago it was single or multi family.

The best advice i can give you about investing in gold and silver is don't do it.

This cycle for precious metals will last significantly longer than 10 years.

The best advice is to do your own thorough research.

Please ignore the title on this youtube clip but pay attention to the content:

whygoldandsilver.com...

edit on 16-8-2011 by XplanetX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Very good post sir. This even falls under the chains, earrings and neckless's area of gold. Those of 10k 14k 24k and white gold, These items can be labeled as such and usually do not carry a sufficient amount of gold what so ever! That is why buyers of gold look where the "'K came from.
Was the 24k band around your finger for marriage made in Spain or Italy?
Did it come from China? Did China smelt it? Don't forget about these small things either. Value of gold is well above $1700 if it was made in America.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Of course you will need to sell it in America.

edit on 16-8-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

top topics

join