It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New candidate for the Mark of the Beast?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by Haxsaw

Now when the old 'gods' are dying, a new one is emerging...Mammon.

And he has the advantage of not needing violence or invasive methods to become popular. The small greed in mankind just needs a nudge to accept him.

And his mark shall be obesity in some, starvation in others. A house bigger than your neighbour's, and a 200 geared bicycle, when it's meaningless to make cars bigger and shinier.

Quote: ["I wont even bother with bogomil"]

But you just did.

Woh wait a minute...

A sign of preaching from Bogomil?

Whos behind that screen? I sense an imposter!!

Dude, just for your information, I've lived a half-amish like life for 40 years, where I to some extent have managed to avoid money and existed through bartering with the thistles I grow on my farm (I'm not a very good farmer, my wheat didn't even manage to produce any amount of chaff, I could sort away so as to become holier).

I'm talking about mammon as an observer, not as one of the faithful.

Needless to say, that the above does include some narrative liberties.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What about your Social Security Number? You can't get a job without it, or get a loan, or a credit card, or a bank account, or........???

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Haxsaw

Now when the old 'gods' are dying, a new one is emerging...Mammon.

And he has the advantage of not needing violence or invasive methods to become popular. The small greed in mankind just needs a nudge to accept him.

And his mark shall be obesity in some, starvation in others. A house bigger than your neighbour's, and a 200 geared bicycle, when it's meaningless to make cars bigger and shinier.

Quote: ["I wont even bother with bogomil"]

But you just did.

Woh wait a minute...

A sign of preaching from Bogomil?

Whos behind that screen? I sense an imposter!!

Dude, just for your information, I've lived a half-amish like life for 40 years, where I to some extent have managed to avoid money and existed through bartering with the thistles I grow on my farm (I'm not a very good farmer, my wheat didn't even manage to produce any amount of chaff, I could sort away so as to become holier).

I'm talking about mammon as an observer, not as one of the faithful.

Needless to say, that the above does include some narrative liberties.

So you're just talking about materialism in general...

I actually lived with the amish for a year on my own farm. I know what its like...

You still need money to an extent though do you not.... Of course not out of necessity rather to maintain a certain lifestyle. Barter and trade is a rarity these days. And if you don't live on a farm theres nothing to barter, so what do most people have without money?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christarella
What about your Social Security Number? You can't get a job without it, or get a loan, or a credit card, or a bank account, or........???

I've heard the number on the back of your birth certificate is a stock number....

Some believe we're actually sold as products at birth...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

You wrote:

["No I didn't bother with you as I was intially contemplating. You did take the bait though, so I'm sure the carrot the anti-christ dangles in front of you will be very tempting."]

Verily, that was a clever trap. One point to you.

But as to 'anti-christs', this is something going on inside your circular belief-system and your mind. Neither the liberalist Lucifer nor I are anti-christs; I believe, that the Jesus you can discern behind the pauline machinations was cool, as was Buddha and the flying spaghetti monster (who's VERY cool).

Quote: ["Anyway, have fun with the anti-christ(or your leader who promises whiskey and miniskirts in heaven,lol), it will be too late once you've fallen for his shenanigans,"]

It's always interesting to listen to people, who have absolute answers without much facts, and even more when the prediction button is pressed.

Quote: ["taken the mark, and then you see that he's actually worse than any religous leader the world has seen, obviously due to the fact we are talking about the future we'll both have to sit back and wait and see who's right."]

I take it, that you don't like old whiskey and miniskirts much, but prefer to sit by the man's right side (which being a late candidate will give you a place app. 50 miles away from him, I've calculated it).

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I like whiskey and miniskirts...(at least whats under them
)

Me thinks it would be a hoot to hang out with Bogomil... Oh the times we'd have

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You wrote:

["So you're just talking about materialism in general... "]

I have a more serious approach to it. Considering the social engineering aspects of religion, it was useful to use scare religious tactics earlier, such as 'hell', need of repentance, bad-guy adversaries etc., for sheeple control, but it's clumsy and time-consuming. What with all those bleep liberals turning up everywhere with their uncessant nagging about free speech, 'reality' and stuff.

Money is easier, and you can even make it work for itself.

On the spiritual level money is also good for doing bad. It can be used for dumbification as e.g. TV and passive entertainment in such adapted doses, that no-one sees it coming. One day you're just a zombi...pooof. But I probably don't need to enlighten you on that.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

You wrote:

["So you're just talking about materialism in general... "]

I have a more serious approach to it. Considering the social engineering aspects of religion, it was useful to use scare religious tactics earlier, such as 'hell', need of repentance, bad-guy adversaries etc., for sheeple control, but it's clumsy and time-consuming. What with all those bleep liberals turning up everywhere with their uncessant nagging about free speech, 'reality' and stuff.

Money is easier, and you can even make it work for itself.

On the spiritual level money is also good for doing bad. It can be used for dumbification as e.g. TV and passive entertainment in such adapted doses, that no-one sees it coming. One day you're just a zombi...pooof. But I probably don't need to enlighten you on that.

Very true...

Notice in recent times real money ie. Gold silver etc... has been reduced to paper...

Back in the day the american Gov. made it illegal to possess Gold at one point. You had to turn it in for paper money...

Though i think religion is the easiest method of control... Fear of the unknown. Works everytime

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

But as to 'anti-christs', this is something going on inside your circular belief-system and your mind. Neither the liberalist Lucifer nor I are anti-christs; I believe, that the Jesus you can discern behind the pauline machinations was cool, as was Buddha and the flying spaghetti monster (who's VERY cool).

So the anti-christ is a figment of my imagination(clearly I was talking about what I have faith in as opposed to hard facts), but Lucifer is a liberal and you're on his side?, Ummm, ok mate, lol, as I said, we'll see who's right in the end.

It's always interesting to listen to people, who have absolute answers without much facts, and even more when the prediction button is pressed.

Yeah, bit like Lucifer being a liberal hey. Time will give us the answers as to who is right, you can have faith in your supposed Liberal Lucifer and this whiskey and mini-skirt heaven you've conjured up, and 'll keep my faith as is. Thanks for the concern though.

I take it, that you don't like old whiskey and miniskirts much, but prefer to sit by the man's right side (which being a late candidate will give you a place app. 50 miles away from him, I've calculated it).

No, I dont like alcohol at all, nor any drug that intoxicates for that matter. In regards to mini-skirts, well GOD knows, but here on earth I believe that those wearing mini-skirts are a bit vauge as to the way men think, either that or they are just your average attention seekers, as to whether mini-skirts would be in heaven well maybe under certain circumstances, GOD knows.

I dont want to see the OP's thread derailed too much more so I'll let others speak about the question the OP has asked rather than get into the true attributes of your Lucifer god.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

You wrote:

["Yeah, bit like Lucifer being a liberal hey. Time will give us the answers as to who is right, you can have faith in your supposed Liberal Lucifer and this whiskey and mini-skirt heaven you've conjured up, and 'll keep my faith as is. Thanks for the concern though."]

That's what I always say. Better let answers come AFTER facts, instead of inventing them beforehand.

Quote: ["In regards to mini-skirts, well GOD knows, but here on earth I believe that those wearing mini-skirts are a bit vauge as to the way men think, either that or they are just your average attention seekers, as to whether mini-skirts would be in heaven well maybe under certain circumstances, GOD knows."]

I'm sure, I didn't mention heaven being where I go. It generally sounds rather unattractive and a bunch of gender-neutral angels (I believe those with plumbing were sorted out after the nephilim incident) lifting their robes an inch about ankle-height just to make me feel confortable isn't my idea of a good time.

Quote: ["I dont want to see the OP's thread derailed too much more so I'll let others speak about the question the OP has asked rather than get into the true attributes of your Lucifer god"]

Fair enough, but considering Lucifer's central role in this, an evaluation of her (or was it him) is not besides the mark.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

as long as the whiskey is old and the miniskirts short).

I hope there’s someone in these mini skirts?
But as a pastafarian I thought you would be hoping for a beer volcano and a stripper factory?

islam heaven sounds like a nice place to visit

Quran(52:17-20) “They will recline (with ease) on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Huris (fair females) with wide lovely eyes.” “There they shall pass from hand to hand a (wine) cup, free from any Laghw….”
Quran(47:15) “The description of Paradise which the Muttaqun have been promised (is that) in it are rivers of water the taste and smell of which are not changed, rivers of milk of which the taste never changes, rivers of wine delicious to those who drink, and rivers of clarified honey
Quran (52:24) "And there shall wait on them young boys of their own, as fair as virgin pearls.

So fair females – ok
rivers of milk wine and honey? I imagine that will probably ruin the fishing?
Pearly boys? – well someone else can have my share of those

edit on 15-8-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I think if anything "credit cards" are the mark of the beast... if such a concept exists.

As others said, credit cards in their current configuration don't fit the prophecy because 1) you don't wear them on your forehead or back of your hand and 2) an angel hasn't flown overhead warning us against the mark. But, I think credit cards do give us a view of what the "mark" could be all about. For a long time it seemed like much of the description of the mark had to be figurative, I mean after all, you can still use cash these days and if an evil entity forced everyone to implant a credit-card-replacing chip in your body you could still go "off grid" and survive by using cash. But increasingly we're moving to a cashless society where some kind of chip may very well be required to buy anything. Even now it's becoming more difficult to use cash, just try to buy something with a hundred dollar bill most places!

I'm not so informed on the details of Revelations, but it's my impression, that there will be trumpets and ghostriders at first.

Won't it technically be possible to repent from the moment you hear the brass-band, and so avoid any markings, or is it to late then?

I guess you mean the four horsemen of the Apocalypse? Frankly it's not clear whether these are literal figures or figurative, or whether (if literal) they are fleshly or spiritual. But yes, you are correct about repentence, according to Rev as long as you don't take the mark you can still repent and be saved.

Originally posted by Christarella

Yeah, certainly that too could be somehow attached to the "mark" in whatever form it takes. Increasingly it seems it could be some electronic gizmo that contains your whole life- SS number, CC numbers, bank account access, etc. Basically it'll come down to a choice of heeding the angel's warning and avoiding the mark (and becoming a target for the "beast" whether that be an evil entity or NWO organization) or ignoring the warning and taking the mark/ siding with the beast and temporily enjoying the fruits of that relationship.

As for those that don't believe in God or the Bible, you're certainly welcome to express your opinions here, after all it's ATS and not a Bible study forum
I'm more or less ambivalent to most non-believers. I understand where you're coming from, faith is not for everyone. Do I think you're condemned? No, not necessarily. God has a way of finding people at the most unexpected times. It may even be seconds from death as it was for the thief on the cross. Personally I think that some of the early (OT) Bible material is questionable, but the later in the timeline it gets the more solid the info is, and Rev is at the tail end and contains the most timely info from our modern perspective. If and when the prophecies in Rev start being fulfilled it's going to be really obvious, there won't be any question as to whether God exists or not, it will come down to whether people side with or against Him.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
'Mark' in Greek 'Charagma' means 'To scratch or cut into'.

So even if there is a tattoo that sticks on, it will still be a scratch or cut.
So credit cards are awful but NOT the Mark.

And 666 means in the Greek words; To Prick and Mark in recognition of Ownership IE SLAVES.
One must remember to look at the original language as it usually shines more light on it.

As to the Mark, I think it will be a tattoo of symbols that look like the Greek letters 666;
600/Chi= A Nazi swastika (or a Viking rune that means Gift-looks like an English X).
60?Xi= C (Command, Control, Communication and Intelligence.)
I
6/Sigma=UN

(Remember Operation Paperclip! And since 2004 there has been a war going on in the Antarctica between USA and the Nazis that live in New Swabenland.)

AND a RFID that a satellite can track, as this is already happening to Monarch sex slaves. Nothing new under the Sun.
God bless.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join