It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New candidate for the Mark of the Beast?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Revelation 13:17
and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

There's been a lot of arguing over the years (decades really) about what exactly the Mark of the Beast (MOB) will be. Throughout the 70's I remember it being portrayed as a tattoo that people would need to take on the forehead or hand in order to buy, sell and/ or trade. That was pretty widely accepted as the MOB right up until a company named (ironically) "Digital Angel Corporation" developed a revolutionary chip implant that was going to change the world. This tiny chip could be implanted under the skin and could contain all your medical history as well as your credit card and/ or bank account info. It was pretty easy to assume that this after all was the feared MOB as it seemed it would eventually not be possible to conduct business without it. However, the idea of a chip implant did not gain much traction, the thought of having an electronic device forever embedded in the body didn't resonate well. Enter a new technology, a postage-stamp sized electronic device that is applied like a temporary tattoo:

Band-Aid... or computer?
A new technology places computer circuitry into a flexible skin patch the size and thickness of a postage stamp

Imagine a computer thinner than a piece of tape. That might seem far-fetched, but engineers from the University of Illinois have created a form of electronics that's so thin and flexible it can be worn like a Band-Aid. Once it hits the marketplace — and it's not clear yet when that might be — this innovation could be used for everything from music to medicine. "It's a technology that blurs the distinction between electronics and biology," says developer John Rogers, as quoted by BBC News. Here, a brief guide:

How does this new device work?
These "epidermal electronics" use a simple network of silicon-based computer circuitry that's manufactured in a micro-thin membrane. The circuits are then integrated onto elastic, transparent sheets the size and thickness of a postage stamp; these attach to the skin without the need for adhesive. Putting them on is as easy as applying a temporary tattoo: Just place one on your skin, rub the sheet with water, and you're done.

What uses could this have?
The range of applications is virtually unlimited, especially for health care. Placed on the forearm or chest, they could measure heart rate and other vital statistics. Placed on the neck, they are sensitive enough to pick up throat muscle contractions, so they could help people with speech problems. They could also be used in neonatal care to monitor the health of premature or sick babies. They could even form the basis of a "smart" Band-Aid that would speed wound healing by electrical stimulation.

Source

So is this the MOB? Personally I think this is a great example of why we shouldn't be dogmatic about our interpretations of things like this. People in the 70's were so convinced it was a tattoo that you probably could have given them a chip implant and they wouldn't have thought twice about it. I've long joked that so many people today are so convinced that the MOB is a chip implant that they would probably stand in line to get 666 tattooed on their forehead while saying to each other "aren't you glad we're not getting chip implants, because that would be taking the mark!!" LOL! One thing that we can take comfort in though is that when the time comes, we won't have to worry that we're taking it by accident, because we will receive a very firm warning that it's coming and not to take it:

Revelation 14:9-11
Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed [a]in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

The mark will be synonymous with worshipping the beast. No one will receive it by accident, it will be a conscious decision to offer one's allegiance to the beast.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I think if anything "credit cards" are the mark of the beast... if such a concept exists.

Spend money you don't have, put yourself in debt to the banks and end up paying 5X what you spent?

The whole concept of credit is insanity.... but these days apparently you can't do anything with out a decent credit score. I mean it can even prevent you from getting a job FFS...

sounds about right to me...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have to agree with you. The beast is Money that is for sure. ( in my opinion)

The credit card is the mark. This is what makes or breaks us.... literally.

You become "owned".

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm not so informed on the details of Revelations, but it's my impression, that there will be trumpets and ghostriders at first.

Won't it technically be possible to repent from the moment you hear the brass-band, and so avoid any markings, or is it to late then?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You wrote:

["The whole concept of credit is insanity.... but these days apparently you can't do anything with out a decent credit score."]

It's not more insane than that mankind is expected to pay an alleged 6.000 year old existential debt. That's probably how the whole credit system started.

edit on 15-8-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
if you have good credit, you have the mark of the beast. when was the last time you tried to buy a car with bad credit?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by Akragon

You wrote:

["The whole concept of credit is insanity.... but these days apparently you can't do anything with out a decent credit score."]

It's not more insane than that mankind is expected to pay an alleged 6.000 year old existential debt. That's probably how the whole credit system started.

Oh but it is.... much more insane!!

a 6000 year old debt, with a rule book dated around the same time, with alterations all through out history. And no concequences for not paying your debt to said "god of the bible"

As opposed to credit in this day, which has no point other then to put you in debt with money you don't have... which actually costs you to spend.

Now thats insanity

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Im not religious, but come from a very religious family, i know my scriptures and catechism. unfortunately the nutters running the planet Are religious and i believe that they believe they work for the luciferic consciousness. I'm not at all surprised to find 666 on all barcodes. They think they are fulfilling scripture whether or not they are they make life horrible for all of us.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

You wrote:

Oh but it is.... much more insane!!

a 6000 year old debt, with a rule book dated around the same time, with alterations all through out history. And no concequences for not paying your debt to said "god of the bible"

As opposed to credit in this day, which has no point other then to put you in debt with money you don't have... which actually costs you to spend.

Now thats insanity

Touché (and you know how I dislike not getting the last word. My day is ruined).

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think i would have to dissent. Um a credit card is not a mark. and especially one you dont have to carry with you forever. I mean because when I think of the mark. I think of something you will make the decision to carry with you forever,.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by discolo

You wrote:

["unfortunately the nutters running the planet Are religious and i believe that they believe they work for the luciferic consciousness."]

I've never really understood what Luciferian consciousnes is. It's a bit like NWO, where everybody accuses everybody else of trying to establish it.

Personally I see Lucifer as a symbol of liberal principles, fighting against the authority of Jahveh, and if I get a mark for being liberal, I'll wear it with pride and take what comes (this is made easier, because I believe there will be old, matured whiskey and miniskirts in my afterlife; call it 'hell' or not, as long as the whiskey is old and the miniskirts short).

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Credit cards are not the mark of the beast(at least not at the moment anyway), yes usury(interest) is forbidden to christians(most christians dont even know their own book and instead willingly donate money through forbidden interest from loans to the jewish bankers while the jews sit back and laugh at them) and muslims(usury is also forbidden to muslims and muslims also believe in the mark of the beast, anti-christ, and Jesus(Isa in arabic)), but I wouldnt call credit cards the mark of the beast(nor what the OP has mentioned), and I cant really see too many taking the mark of the beast(on the forehead or the hand) until they have their back against the wall, basically until there is no food, etc, I'm sure there will be those who will fall hook line and sinker for the antichrist (obviosuly most the jews as he is going to be their so called messiah after all) and will take the mark regardless of their food or well-being situation.

But yeah, this is not the mark of the beast, not yet anyway.

I wont even bother with bogomil

edit on 15-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Chip me...Chip me...Chip me !!! I'm tired of having a wallet when it is clearly no longer required....Put everything on a chip and set me free !!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
oh yeah that's really going to help your freedom, trololol

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Chip me...Chip me...Chip me !!! I'm tired of having a wallet when it is clearly no longer required....Put everything on a chip and set me free !!!!
reply to post by Fox Molder

you mean place you in bondage

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by Akragon

I think i would have to dissent. Um a credit card is not a mark. and especially one you dont have to carry with you forever. I mean because when I think of the mark. I think of something you will make the decision to carry with you forever,.

That is if you chose to believe in the "mark of the beast" in the first place... The "story" of lucifer/satan is a fairy tale... or fear tactic. As is much of revelations...

Honestly i've heard many different theories about the MOtB. Using credit is one way some of the theories are possible. Imaginary money...

Imagine your country decided to eliminate money, and in place you needed to have a small chip implanted under your skin. Without that chip functioning all the time you could not purchase anything. So to survive, you would need to either grow and raise your own food/water... or... get the chip.

The credit system is rediculous... I mean doesn't every single country have a national debt of trillions.... based on credit?

What would you do?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Hahaha, yer a nut bro...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Now when the old 'gods' are dying, a new one is emerging...Mammon.

And he has the advantage of not needing violence or invasive methods to become popular. The small greed in mankind just needs a nudge to accept him.

And his mark shall be obesity in some, starvation in others. A house bigger than your neighbour's, and a 200 geared bicycle, when it's meaningless to make cars bigger and shinier.

Quote: ["I wont even bother with bogomil"]

But you just did.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Haxsaw

Now when the old 'gods' are dying, a new one is emerging...Mammon.

And he has the advantage of not needing violence or invasive methods to become popular. The small greed in mankind just needs a nudge to accept him.

And his mark shall be obesity in some, starvation in others. A house bigger than your neighbour's, and a 200 geared bicycle, when it's meaningless to make cars bigger and shinier.

Quote: ["I wont even bother with bogomil"]

But you just did.

Woh wait a minute...

A sign of preaching from Bogomil?

Whos behind that screen? I sense an imposter!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

No I didn't bother with you as I was intially contemplating. You did take the bait though, so I'm sure the carrot the anti-christ dangles in front of you will be very tempting.

Anyway, have fun with the anti-christ(or your leader who promises whiskey and miniskirts in heaven,lol), it will be too late once you've fallen for his shenanigans, taken the mark, and then you see that he's actually worse than any religous leader the world has seen, obviously due to the fact we are talking about the future we'll both have to sit back and wait and see who's right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join