It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Fantastic thread and topic. Thank you!

Bookmarked!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

First off, I didn't read the whole thread but I hope at least one person has pointed this out to you in these 8 pages...

Those that we call cavemen, the simple minded, heavy eyebrowed, slack jawed neanderthals are the survivors of the last time we destroyed ourselves?

The cavemen were the elite then? I think if it were true, we would take a leaf out the book that is being written now... namely, if there was any major disaster set to destroy the majority of mankind..it would be the rich, powerful and smart that would be most likely to survive.

Not the toothless hillbilly who married his sister.

So is this what you're saying? The cavemen were the smartest and most influential members of their society??

Really?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I think there's something to this also and wanted to raise a couple of points -

1. Where's the evidence of high technology?
For starters even things a few thousand years old have pretty much vanished w/ the few exceptions being later examples of metal work and monumental stone work. How much stone work does our modern society use which would leave an intact example of high technology if left to ruin?

2. Earth Changes
I believe that part of the issue is a cycle of climate and global / solar system changes we either do not fully understand yet or are kept in the dark about.

Look at the areas of our globe where oil deposits exist, for example. "If" you believe that oil comes from dead bodies and plant life some very drastic changes have taken place on the Earth between when those large masses of life died and now. Our largest deposits are located in the hottest and coldest places on the globe - from Ocean covered ice to sand swept deserts. If the theory of origin is correct than it would seem pretty obvious that these places were very different millions of years ago. A true swap of N and S poles would probably explain that one and re-assort the Oceans and land along with warm climates. (I'm still not convinced about Pangea and the plate shift theories but I'm open to more evidence).

3. Evolution
From what we see in modern labs, life evolves very rapidly to changes.

Why do White people in Africa whose families have been there for hundreds of years remain white? Why do black people who live in cold, northern climates remain black as do their children and grandchildren? I don't think location and evolution have all the answers to this one and think the diversity of life on this planet may have entirely different, much stranger reasons...
edit on 16-8-2011 by ecoparity because: left out a word

"Why do White people in Africa whose families have been there for hundreds of years remain white? Why do black people who live in cold, northern climates remain black as do their children and grandchildren? I don't think location and evolution have all the answers to this one and think the diversity of life on this planet may have entirely different, much stranger reasons..."

Because change takes energy and colour is an adaption to an environment that takes place over thousands of years and only if need be.If the industrial revolution had not kicked off in the 1700's Europeans living in the south pacific would have at some point over a long period of of time perhaps a thousand years or perhaps sooner would have started to go dark because the genome which makes us white would have been switched off at some point as being white would have been a disadvantage but with the onset of technology through the industrial revolution coinciding with European movement into the south pacific being more advanced clothing materials then cooling then sunscreen and such there is now no need for the energy to be used on switching off the white genome, in a nutshell, there's actually more to it than that. They same would be for the Europeans who went into Africa and the Africans who went into Europe.
edit on 16-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
the answer to that problem is of course , to take a giant laser and write " hello we were here before " on the surface of the moon , and build something there for our next civilisation to look at !

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by blocula

First off, I didn't read the whole thread but I hope at least one person has pointed this out to you in these 8 pages...

Those that we call cavemen, the simple minded, heavy eyebrowed, slack jawed neanderthals are the survivors of the last time we destroyed ourselves?

The cavemen were the elite then? I think if it were true, we would take a leaf out the book that is being written now... namely, if there was any major disaster set to destroy the majority of mankind..it would be the rich, powerful and smart that would be most likely to survive.

Not the toothless hillbilly who married his sister.

So is this what you're saying? The cavemen were the smartest and most influential members of their society??

Really?

At which period of caveman are you refering to? The was neanderthal being Homo sapien and then there's us who also lived in caves being Homo sapien sapien. We're the ones who painted all those great cave paintings in Europe. And those paintings show a society of hunter gatherers.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Well said.All things being equal,wouldnt now be a great time to learn hunting,fishing,farming,and to stock up on potassium iodide?Also,brain tanning,flint knapping,and basic first aid and child care?I have been learning these things all my life,as I have always known that the end of "civilisation" would happen in my lifetime.BAHGOOFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Your posting on here with a phone? lol When I see people like you out at places just texting away I cant help but laugh

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by xyankee

Originally posted by SirMike
Sorry, but I cannot buy it. Any truly advanced civilization will leave fingerprints on the land that will unmistakable. Although buildings facades may crumble, stone masonry work, foundations, metal implements, radioactive, and synthetics will survive in some recognizable matter for 10,000’s of years.

Ok How about we say even a million years, the earth has been around for about 4.5 BILLION YEARS. That means there could be even TEN MILLION years in between each civilization. I don't think there will be anything left after that number of years.

Humans have spread across the entire planet, colonizing every corner. But humans have really been on the planet for a fraction of the lifetime of the Earth. Archeologists estimate that modern humans have been on the Earth for about 200,000 years. That is a tiny second of time compared to 4.5 BILLION.
thanx for your comment....and probably 95% of the archeologists that you mention ^^^ are paid by the state or government and their opinions and the evidence they unearth has to meet strict prearranged guide lines or it will be snuffed out.so who knows how long we've really been around...

And here I was thinking that most archeologists and anthropologists were funded by universities which are for the most part funded by students and share holders.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think about this kind of stuff a lot and w/ the Nibiru theories floating around a possible answer came to me while thinking up new plots for future science fiction books I hope/ plan to write. I won't go into the details of where this came from or why I believe it right now.
Here's the short story version.

The Civilization Test
Across our galaxy, in another solar system much older than ours, humans evolved over millions of years to a point where there were no more questions to be answered, no more challenges to face. The very building blocks of life, thought and what we would call a "soul" were mastered. These people live forever and have mastered technologies which would still look like magic to us.

At some point in their past, after they began to colonize the Universe, met other life forms both benign and evil, fought wars between planets and then galaxies, they came to a realization about the limitations of their own development. As it happened, there were still questions without answers and places even they with all their technology and ancient wisdom could not reach. Leaving out a lot of detail, they realized that it was better to colonize using older, pre-technology versions of themselves. Primitive humans would be placed on ready and terraformed planets and even solar systems, allowed to thrive or die (most often they thrived but not without some adjustments here and there) and watched, observed, studied.

Take this experiment on the planet Earth, for example. The goal of this one is for the humans to evolve to a type 2 civilization on the Kardashev scale within a time limit of approximately 25000 years. This time limit is enforced via the use of an artificial cataclysm, namely the approach of an object on an elliptical orbit sufficient to come around about that often, reverse the poles of the planet and cause enough damage to reset any civilization on the planet back to zero.

Of course, the humans on this planet have failed the test many times which is part of the program. Only the use of such a "mechanical" system will push evolution of the test subjects with all the intricate balance required. (They did try to develop humans in the lab but the complexities are such that often recessive traits which are terminal to the species may not be apparent for thousands of generations). Only the civilization test is able to produce the ideal specimens.

They evolve more and more rapidly and have made amazing leaps of technology in past civilizations but still not managed to overcome the recessive traits of corruption, greed, selfishness. Even now, they have type 2 capabilities which are kept secret for the benefit of a very small number of humans who believe they will survive the next reset period at the expense of many others. Unfortunately this is not to be and the test will soon begin again....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The biggest problem I have with this theory isn't why we havnt found there technology, its why havnt we found them...

We uncover dinosaurs that are 65 millions years old, so where is this civilization?

I dont buy any of it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
"thanx for your comment....and probably 95% of the archeologists that you mention ^^^ are paid by the state or government and their opinions and the evidence they unearth has to meet strict prearranged guide lines or it will be snuffed out.so who knows how long we've really been around... "

I'm sorry, that's absolute nonsense. I'm an archaeologist, a lot of my friends and colleagues are archaeologists. There is not even the slightest 'pre-arranged government guide line' for anything we research or publish.

Everything has to meet the standards of scientific enquiry. (A standard that I might add the likes of Graham Hancock fall well below.) But to imagine there is some great archaeological conspiracy is I am afraid well beyond the bounds of the believable.

There is no conspiracy in archaeology.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Hmm now this has me thinking.
I always wondered about things like those ancient batteries, I mean, why make one? Unless you are a survivor of some cataclysm and need to power a radio or something...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Great Thread.
I completely agree with the premise here, I always have believed this to be kind of a no brainer but for some reason the majority are happy to accept what they are told and never question it.
Not that I want to discredit the people who study history both ancient and modern, they are expected to make a detailed picture with very few clues, ever changing techniques and technology advancements that would have them re-evaluating so constantly that they may never make conclusive progress, so in my opinion they are entitled to try and build on accepted theories in the name of creating the big "history" picture, its all logical really. Unfortunately the big "history" picture as it stands is not all tha logical and begs many questions.
I personaly dont think there is too much of a history coverup being created by archaeologists, but they may suffer a bit from "tunnel vision" when they are trying to make discoveries and evidence fit certain "pre" ordained concepts. This could lead to OOparts being shelved just because they dont fit the paradigm.

My view? for what it matters:
I dont believe we can make the assumption that any advanced civilisation would have one single thing in common with our modern civilisation, therefore possably making the argument of "lack of evidence" completely fruitless. This is only a possability, but it needs to be considered. All it would take is for that civilisation to be based on a different ideology or philosophy. Assuming ( and thats all we can do) that one of the consistent human traits throughout the entire history has been inquisitiveness. Also assuming (for this excersise) that man is rebuilding from (insert favourite catastrophic scenario here) and that any philosophies he may have are now virgin (for want of a better term) because the first several generations of the rebuilding process have been severly focused on survival only. Remembering that the first new born child after a world wide catastrophic event has a completely clean slate, never saw or used any of the technology that was reached by their forefathers, technology which could already be a fading memory for the survivors when the child is old enough to communicate.
Several generations later it probably wouldnt even get a mention maybe it became the stuff legends/religions,myths were made of, who knows.

As the "survival" process settles down and "rebuilding" begins ( maybe several generations) man starts to think and devise beyond basic survival needs.
At this point we (modern humans) would probably expect him/her to think of things to make life easier and devise equipment for that purpose, but would that be the case?
I think this is where it all breaks down, this is the first assumption we make, but its based on how we think we would act, based on our current view of how the world should be.
What if his/her first attempts at expanding knowledge (advancement) and technology (acheivement) were focused on music instead of labour saving devices?
How would their world look if music was the be all end all of their society? After a few hundred years how would it have changed and what technological marvells would have been created? What sort of society would evolve?Maybe they would form communities that could evolve into cities where one could fly from city to city by musically powered magic, where concerts where held beneath the light of energy charged crystals. Their advanced world may not have included metals,plastics,electricity etc and left nothing for future humans to find when the next cyclic catastrophy wiped them from the planet, and left a few survivors to start the process over again, and to dream up and create another new world.

I truly hope they weren't like us. Arrogance, greed, ignorance, hate, desguised as rightuosness beneath symbols of almighty gods. Look where that has taken us.

I also wonder wether the nomadic tribes of the world are really the "stock" that keeps it all going from one cycle to another. How advanced are they? What technology have they created?
By our standards, zero, but look at the Australian Aborigine (as just one example) approaching 50+ thousand years, lived through all the changes, now thats sustainabilty, who needs to be technologicaly advanced?

I know that all seems rediculous but Im just trying to make a point, and who really knows?

Imagine where this world would be if Tesla got his way, look at how far we have come in 100 years just with the internal combustion engine "principal".
Technology should not be measured by our "modern" acheivements. Im happy believing that there were ancient civilisations on this planet who reached equaly astounding levels of technology as to what we have, but not necessarily the same. I have seen some of the handy work atributed to ancient Egyptians and I dont for one second believe thats who made those artifacts, the Ancient Egyptians may have "found" and re-used them, but they didnt make them, they are so perfectly crafted you almost want to cry when you stand in front of them ( i nearly did with one particular sarcoughogus)

Storm approaching, must stop for a while, I love this topic, thanks OP.

Cheers LK.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
You are on the right track.

Atlantis was what the previous civilization was called.

All man made structures would be gone in under 1000 years.

My theory is that our previous civilization peaked during the last ice age when the ocean level was lower. Since the majority of human population resides in ocean side cities the melting of the glaciers would have flooded.them out. There wouldn't have been many inland cities due to the ice age. There has to be some truth to the flood.stories that every ancient.society had.

Interesting that you should say there must be some truth to the flood stories. It got m thinking what could cause a quick rise in sea level so that the old civilizations wouldn't have had chance to move in land as the sea level rose. Is there any evidance for an asteroid hitting the poles? or could a direct hit from a solar flare on the ice caps melt a big area of ice in quick time?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly,

Strange things resemble structures , streets, cities , cutouts that resemble harbors are found all over the world in our oceans with no records of what or when they are from there are some clues in ancient writings about previous civilization but are dismissed as myth and story telling. We just get the text book answer its just some pile of rocks or erosion cause they have no answer and proving it would undermine everything we thought to be true and we can't let that happen, to much invested into the totally simple in the box explanation. yeah yeah that's what happened so you believe it or else.

I wouldn't be surprise at all if every time a civilization gets to a certain point, it destroys its self by greed, arrogance, stupidity and war or a natural disaster or all of the above and wipes the slate clean .

The human race is definitely at the greed, arrogance, stupidity and war point. its time to rinse and repeat and let nature replace the old with hopefully something new and better then us , as a collective we have failed miserably and haven't learned from our mistakes.

Its time to close this chapter, and start a fresh new chapter. Will this vicious cycle continue or will the next round of humanity finally get to pass go and collect $200 and get to advance to the next level.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It certainly would make for better explanations of all those Out of Place Artifacts and mysterious underwater ruins we find that more than likely were from a previous supercontinent. I've been studying this for some time. Once the OOPArts are factored in, it all makes much more sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Try reading forbidden archeology by Micheal Creamo.. there you will find discovered artifacts that pre date our present civilzation.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

Except all the missing articles that go missing from the Smithsonian Institute...they have a good record of "loosing things" they dont want publized.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia
reply to post by blocula

i would read this if it was laid out in a more readable manner
why would you not want to read it...every thread is laid out this way?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by blocula
www.bibliotecapleyades.net... i believe that human civilizations on earth have risen and fallen over and over again down through the ages. these now forgotten civilizations seem erased because of time,erosion,supression of information by the mainstream and the powers that be, who seek delusional refuge in knowing that their people are led astray from the truth and are trained to think and live half asleep. wandering lost in a fallen world of greed and blind denial of the fact that we've done this all before. we reach a point where we cant handle our own technology anymore and we self destruct. we recreate our own monsters again and again,they rise up and destroy their creators. atlantis is a good example of what i am saying and this self inflicted disaster is about to happen to us again.the twentieth century,a century of supposed progress and technological marvel is actually a century of neverending war,genocide and destruction on a scale far worse than all other periods in history combined. we have refined the demented art of killing off nature and eachother. if just five or ten nuclear power plants were to reach critical mass,break open and release their radioactive contents simultaneously,we would be in a horrible situation.the hellish risks that these things pose far outweigh their benefits and they should have never received the green light at all. we are being driven fast,without brakes,down a one way road of apocalyptic destiny that will result in our destruction once again...

What level of technology was reached? keeping in mind the natural resources we've used to reach our current level of technology were sitting at ground level or just below up to only a few hundred years ago and it had taken millions of years for those resources to get there in the first place.
we here and now are so stuck in a paper/metal/plastic mentality that its hard for us to imagine pre iceage civilizations existing without these materials

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join