It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Nothing lasts forever and i can still hear my great grandmothers words telling me when i was younger, everytime another person close to her died "here today,gone tomorrow and i know i'm next" and once, she was next and although i didnt think of it then and i wouldnt tell her this now even if i could, this reality is even worse than that, because its actually "here today,gone today and anyone could be next,any moment of any day" nothing lasts forever...

edit on 5-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Nothing lasts forever and i can still hear my great grandmothers words telling me when i was younger, everytime another person close to her died "here today,gone tomorrow and i know i'm next" and once, she was next and although i didnt think of it then and i wouldnt tell her this now even if i could, this reality is even worse than that, because its actually "here today,gone today and anyone could be next,any moment of any day" nothing lasts forever...

.... so still no proof then?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Troll reply.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Pot, meet kettle.

Harte

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Troll reply.

Funny. Not. Blocula makes these wildly implausible claims in thrtead after thread. He then refuses to provide any proof whatsoever, other then some links that doesn't seem to have properly read, or some quotes that appear to be profound but which are instead totally irrelevant. He has been challenged, by many people, again and again. He either ignores them or replies with some tosh. He is not, as a direct result, being taken seriously. Why should he after wasting our time with these sterile threads?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The point that is being made and at the same time ignored by people who do not have the capacity to understand what is being presented and how to digest it is that there are many mysteries as to how, why, and when ancient structures were built.

There is no denying that modern man could not construct some of the ancient sites found around the world and if he could it would be next to impossible. This is evidence enough of man using a forgotten method and that he had an understanding of certain natural elements no longer 'important' today.

You are taking the evidence presented too literally and your dislike or ignorance to anything beyond your comprehension or opinion discounts you from learning anything new.

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg Why should he after wasting our time with these sterile threads?

Time for another thread or maybe start your own if you think you have enough knowledge or even a drop of courage to. Put your thoughts and theories on the table. I find pseudo -intellects -wanna -be has -been- profs, really cant do this. Are you afraid that people will know that you cannot for your own opinions or thoughts (theories) and if you did they would be something quite juvenile and lacking any intellect or imagination?
edit on 7-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Wildly implausible? perhaps,however,their possibilities cant and shouldnt be denied...

edit on 7-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The point that is being made and at the same time ignored by people who do not have the capacity to understand what is being presented and how to digest it is that there are many mysteries as to how, why, and when ancient structures were built.

There is no denying that modern man could not construct some of the ancient sites found around the world and if he could it would be next to impossible. This is evidence enough of man using a forgotten method and that he had an understanding of certain natural elements no longer 'important' today.

You are taking the evidence presented too literally and your dislike or ignorance to anything beyond your comprehension or opinion discounts you from learning anything new.

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg Why should he after wasting our time with these sterile threads?

Time for another thread or maybe start your own if you think you have enough knowledge or even a drop of courage to. Put your thoughts and theories on the table. I find pseudo -intellects -wanna -be has -been- profs, really cant do this. Are you afraid that people will know that you cannot for your own opinions or thoughts (theories) and if you did they would be something quite juvenile and lacking any intellect or imagination?
edit on 7-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

I have a degree in history and I am a former journalist. I deal in cold hard facts. In other words the truth.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Sure we do cough up a few billion and you can have people pile up limestone blocks to form a pyramid. How by the way did you come up with the incontrovertible proof to back up your statement? Oh wait you don't have any you just have your opinion, lol

Sure I can deny that, easy....yes they used hardwork and craftsmanship, same thing later folks used to make cathedrals, Parthenon and Pantheon and better materials!

Time for another thread or maybe start your own if you think you have enough knowledge or even a drop of courage to. Put your thoughts and theories on the table. I find pseudo -intellects -wanna -be has -been- profs, really cant do this. Are you afraid that people will know that you cannot for your own opinions or thoughts (theories) and if you did they would be something quite juvenile and lacking any intellect or imagination.

Why do you castigate yourself like this in public? You do know you're describing yourself? Making authoriative statement without evidence or knowledge of the subject?...Really?

I would note that you have authored 41 threads and I have 222, so one of us is more productive in puting our ideas and thoughts to the test....
edit on 9/7/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Wildly implausible? perhaps,however,their possibilities cant and shouldnt be denied...

Its also POSSIBLE that a pink unicorn will land in a UFO outside London and take the Queen for a ride, however I would think it improbable.

There is a difference between POSSIBLE and probable and plausible................

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Its also POSSIBLE that a pink unicorn will land in a UFO outside London and take the Queen for a ride, however I would think it improbable.

There is a difference between POSSIBLE and probable and plausible................

Gasp! It's the invisible pink unicorn!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Gasp! It's the invisible pink unicorn!

Quite visible actually unless you'd like to PROVE it was invisible!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Sure I can deny that, easy....yes they used hardwork and craftsmanship, same thing later folks used to make cathedrals, Parthenon and Pantheon and better materials!

Lol, you cant even answer the question. There is much mystery surrounding the building of the pyramids and other great ancient sites around the world. This is a fact. The building practices and reasons for building most of these sites are unknown and can only be theorized.

I would note that you have authored 41 threads and I have 222, so one of us is more productive in puting our ideas and thoughts to the test....

What a juvenile statement.lol, childish. But for the record I actually have more stars , more karma, more WATS and only 20 less flags than you. with only 18% of your 'contributions'. What does that tell ya?. I would think more diligently before typing if I were you.

edit on 9-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Lol, you cant even answer the question.

I did, the answer just confused you

There is much mystery surrounding the building of the pyramids and other great ancient sites around the world. This is a fact. The building practices and reasons for building most of these sites are unknown and can only be theorized.

Yet you discount and ignore what we do know, we will never have absolute and complete information on any site - to include modern ones, so what is your point?

What a juvenile statement.lol, childish.

Yes it certainly is

But for the record I actually have more stars , more karma, more WATS and only 20 less flags than you. with only 18% of your 'contributions'. What does that tell ya?. I would think more diligently before typing if I were you.

What a juvenile statement.lol, childish.

This is what you said

Time for another thread or maybe start your own if you think you have enough knowledge or even a drop of courage to. Put your thoughts and theories on the table

I noted that I had done just that - and much more than you....lol, again showing that you make up stuff

You the one who started talking about

Shadow Herder haven't you notice that you get your head handed to you every time you try to insult me? Why do you follow me around embarrassing yourself?

Here is a serious question for you: What response from me WOULDN'T have evoke yet another stream of insults from you? I ask because you appear to be warping into a stalker
]
edit on 10/7/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Georgia guidstones will survive. Their far away from the ocean,
And made of stone.

Then the next civilization that stumbles across them will believe that's how
Mankind lived by those laws printed in 8 languages & that that's how the current civilization
Should live by.

Reduce the population to 500 million.

Hmmm...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
And made of stone.

Mankind lived by those laws printed in 8 languages & that that's how the current civilization
Should live by.

Hmmm...

They probably will, especially if they get knocked down and buried. If so they will last until the crust is subducted

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by TheMaverick

I aint talking about lasers, space ships and plasma screen TV's but some of the more mundane things like lightbulb filaments, stainless steel surgical tools, and plastic bottles.

We find all sorts of odd things in the archeological records that we don't really understand.. there's been plenty of theories..

For anyone to really understand what a lightbulb filament was, they would have to evolve technical knowledge in a similar way that we have.. they might discover something like that and think it was some sort of unusual, primitive artistic representation of something.

LOL. You are quite right. My wife has a doctorate in anthropology and she has said frequently that when they say "ritual purposes" for an artifiact, translate that as "we don't know what the heck it was for."

Reminds me of this:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

What a juvenile statement.lol, childish han. But for the record I actually have more stars , more karma, more WATS and only 20 less flags than you. with only 18% of your 'contributions'. What does that tell ya?. I would think more diligently before typing if I were you.

Keep it on topic ole chap.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Saying the pyramids were built as tombs is a theory and not fact. Saying that man was not intelligent enough 10,000 or more years ago is ignorant and quite a stupid view. There is many interesting facts about the pyramid that push the theory that it was built for a young king into the trash. Something as great as the pyramids would be adorned with hieroglyphs and many many descriptions of building the pyramid which they were not. Not one hieroglyph in the GP.

If anything it would seem the pyramids were designed to last, designed and built to store food, relics, transport, while containing various forms of scientific, astronomical qualities.

The average temperature in the kings chamber is the average temp of the earth. The builders hauled the stone 500 miles up rivers and across land. The GP is said to be the most accurately aligned structure in the existence.
The lines between Pi and Phi is shown in the proportions of the Great Pyramid.

Microscopic analysis of the coffer reveals that it was made with a fixed point drill that used hard jewel bits and a drilling force of 2 tons.

The coffer cut out of solid granite. This would have required a bronze saws 9 ft. long set with teeth of sapphires. Hollowing out of the interior would of require tubular drills of the same material applied with a tremendous vertical force.

This is for you han.

It is believed the pyramid was built as a tomb for fourth dynasty Egyptian pharaoh Khufu and was constructed over a 20 year period. Khufu's vizier, Hemon, or Hemiunu, is believed by some to be the architect of the Great Pyramid.[2
en.wikipedia.org...

Look for the word "believe" as it is mentioned twice. Notice that it doesnt resemble the word fact?
Facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts do not go away while scientists debate rival theories for explaining them.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
And made of stone.

Should live by.

Hmmm...

Very true with no need of correction.

The scary part is it seems that someone seems to think they have the information to warrant such a monument. Whether they stand or fall they will last.

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85 >>

join