It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If your original post is actually true, how does that explain those two caveman looking guys in the car insurance ads? How did they survive the so called holocaust of mankind?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Fair enough.
What I am suggesting though is that a previous civilization would have predated 12000 BC. Therefore any traces of an advanced.society would be gone in that time frame given the.massive changes the world was going through in its climate at the time.
things made of steel though.. I stand firm at around 1000 years tops. Particularly steel structures.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kharron

I'd ask you to look at the Minoans. No, they weren't some ultra advanced people. But for all intensive purposes, they were about 300-400 years behind us... In the year 1500BC. Their architecture was amazing, and their technical skills unheard of. Better than even the Egyptians.

Does this look like a modern mall?

www.minoanatlantis.com...

Do these look familiar?

img337.imageshack.us...

Again, I'm not saying that they were some super advanced civilization. But this is pretty advanced for its time period. It doesn't have to be a complete fall. Just look at our modern era. We're going through some strange massive forgetting of our past and our principals. All it would take is that, and suddenly 3 generations later we've forgotten how to produce concrete and its all downhill from there.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

The Minoans are fascinating, I agree. While I lived in Europe I was lucky enough to spend 3 months in Thessaloniki and another 6 months on Crete. I love that period, but if memory serves me right the Minoans were a very advanced bronze age civilization. Very creative and artistic, giving some foundations to Greek and Roman building and sculpture but not on par with even Greek or Roman civilizations, which were some 4-5k years ago.

Think 400-500 years ago: renaissance, Da Vinci, muskets, first attempts at flight, beginnings of chemistry and physics, discovery of elements etc... hardly Minoan, as advanced as they were for their times.

Khar

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

Originally posted by graphuto
Natural nuclear reactor? lulz...

So you people really think that ALL traces of our modern society would be wiped out?

more lulz..

Losing electricity would wipe out most of our modern society all by itself. After that it would just take time. The amount of time is in question here not the validity that time would erase everything.

Maybe the first advanced civilization existed here a billion years ago, would you argue that a billion years isn't long enough?

Entire cities like Houston/LA/New York, are just going to DISAPPEAR? Where is all of that matter going to GO, exactly?

Also, is there not a flag on the moon?
edit on 15-8-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by scaredlady
reply to post by blocula

OP, I have tears in my eyes! Finally, someone sees it the way I see it. Cavemen were the remnants of a destroyed empire. Yes. Please give me more of your insight. You have the right idea.
yes the image we have of prehistoric people with shaggy long hair dressed in animal skins and throwing spears at mammoths are actually the survivors of a self inflicted holocaust,struggling to live.and here we are again,standing on the edge of disaster and after the next nuclear war is unleashed,and the poles shift again and another ice age occurs with mountains of frozen snow advancing across the continents crushing everything in their path, all that will be left alive are small bands of people suddenly hurdled back into the stoneage with food,shelter and clothing their only major concerns,not what size television to buy anymore, they will live among wild animals and sit around fires near mountains of ice and tell stories about myths and legends of forgotten worlds and lost ways of life that will just happen to be about the world we are living in right now...its really,really sad...and like it or not its going to happen again...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

We are entering dangerous territory where vaults of information (the internet) could be destroyed in a nano second. Carved stone tablets will last longer than a book but they too have a lifespan.

Word of mouth even has its lifespan, which is shortening day to day. History is repeating itself in shorter increments of time.

Interesting times =)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Exacltly
what worries me about electronically stored versions of collective knowledge is that the data could easliy be" edited"
But that's another matter.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So you people really think that ALL traces of our modern society would be wiped out?

more lulz..

Losing electricity would wipe out most of our modern society all by itself. After that it would just take time. The amount of time is in question here not the validity that time would erase everything.

Maybe the first advanced civilization existed here a billion years ago, would you argue that a billion years isn't long enough?
exactly... just look at the reactions of most people when the power goes out on their street for a couple of hours,they lose their minds and " DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO" just flip a switch and were back to the 1850s !!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

more lulz..

Entire cities like Houston/LA/New York, are just going to DISAPPEAR? Where is all of that matter going to GO, exactly?

The infrastructure wouldn't vanish immediately but the people would. Everything is run by electricity, large cities with many many hungry mouths wouldn't be able to sustain themselves.

I really hate talking about this because its so doom and gloom, so I'm going to end there. I will give one piece of advice, if we ever lose electricity get out of the cities and make friends with a farmer. It will be your only way of survival.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I don't seebit as doom and gloom.

I.see.it as learning from our mistakes.
If we.discover if and why a previous civilization rose and.fell it would go a long way in to figuring out how not to let it happen in the future.

Also I lived in an area hit by the 2003 blackout. It wasn't all the bad. No looting took place where I was and things were generally calm. You would have time to takebpercautionary measures.bin that time
edit on 11/8/15 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I know this is a bit off topic but
the Sumerians write about how the gods became tired of mining on their own and created a new species by putting a god to death and mixing it with clay, a process that was possibly genetic engineering. The end result was homo sapien sapiens, a byproduct of the gods and the original homo sapiens. The original homo sapiens or homo sapien neanderthalensis also disappeared at the same time homo sapiens sapiens appeared suggesting that the gods might have exterminated the original homo sapiens to make room for the new slave race. The encyclopedia brittannica even claims how the disappearance of homo sapiens neanderthalensis is a mystery.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

reply to post by Kharron

I'd ask you to look at the Minoans. No, they weren't some ultra advanced people. But for all intensive purposes, they were about 300-400 years behind us... In the year 1500BC. Their architecture was amazing, and their technical skills unheard of. Better than even the Egyptians.

Do these look familiar?

img337.imageshack.us...

Again, I'm not saying that they were some super advanced civilization. But this is pretty advanced for its time period. It doesn't have to be a complete fall. Just look at our modern era. We're going through some strange massive forgetting of our past and our principals. All it would take is that, and suddenly 3 generations later we've forgotten how to produce concrete and its all downhill from there.

The Minoans are fascinating, I agree. While I lived in Europe I was lucky enough to spend 3 months in Thessaloniki and another 6 months on Crete. I love that period, but if memory serves me right the Minoans were a very advanced bronze age civilization. Very creative and artistic, giving some foundations to Greek and Roman building and sculpture but not on par with even Greek or Roman civilizations, which were some 4-5k years ago.

Think 400-500 years ago: renaissance, Da Vinci, muskets, first attempts at flight, beginnings of chemistry and physics, discovery of elements etc... hardly Minoan, as advanced as they were for their times.

Khar
the minoans, the babylonians, the sumerians,the egyptians,the greeks ,the romans,ect,ect these civilizations were the rising back up of humanity after the great fall that happened before any of these civilizations even existed...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

more lulz..

The infrastructure wouldn't vanish immediately but the people would. Everything is run by electricity, large cities with many many hungry mouths wouldn't be able to sustain themselves.

I really hate talking about this because its so doom and gloom, so I'm going to end there. I will give one piece of advice, if we ever lose electricity get out of the cities and make friends with a farmer. It will be your only way of survival.
see ^^^ how we almost instantly will have to revert to a stoneage state and run to the hills !!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Ah, but now we look at what the Greeks inherited from the Minoans, we see similar thoughts, experiments, and ideas in their time.

Also lol, I don't think you meant to say the Romans and Greeks were 4-5k years ago.

Anyway, What I'm saying is, those Greeks got those ideas as a product of the culture they lived under, which was inherited from the Minoans. It's safe to say that Minoans must have had the basis of some of those ideas. If for no other reason that when their civilization was destroyed and all of Greek entered a dark age, that was when most of the famous greek myths we know today began. They came from somewhere.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337
the Sumerians write about how the gods became tired of mining on their own and created a new species by putting a god to death and mixing it with clay, a process that was possibly genetic engineering. The end result was homo sapien sapiens, a byproduct of the gods and the original homo sapiens. The original homo sapiens or homo sapien neanderthalensis also disappeared at the same time homo sapiens sapiens appeared suggesting that the gods might have exterminated the original homo sapiens to make room for the new slave race. The encyclopedia brittannica even claims how the disappearance of homo sapiens neanderthalensis is a mystery.

I wonder what they would have us slaves mine? Why is gold valuable? You can't eat it, it wont keep you warm in the middle of winter and its "value" is always changing.

Why do we build temples of gold? To impress our masters.

Fair enough assessment for me haha!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

Hardly off topic.
This whole thread we are assuming a previous civilization was a human one. However perhaps other races could have been involved. There are many ancient cultures that speak of giants. Perhaps we are somehow genetically different. Perhaps humans have their origins elsewhere in the galaxy? So many unanswered questions. So many juicy possibilities.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Actually lawrence gardener has some interesting theories behind ancient techniques regarding gold in his series the genesis of the grail kings.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337

I wonder what they would have us slaves mine? Why is gold valuable? You can't eat it, it wont keep you warm in the middle of winter and its "value" is always changing.

Why do we build temples of gold? To impress our masters.

Fair enough assessment for me haha!
gold in itself is totally worthless,its just a greed-mind set that is created and enforced by kings and queens to control and seperate the masses,diamonds are worthless as well, accept for the value "they" impose upon them... if you were lost in the desert and dying of thirst,which would be more valuable...gold or water?!?!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

reply to post by Kharron

Do these look familiar?

img337.imageshack.us...

Khar
the minoans, the babylonians, the sumerians,the egyptians,the greeks ,the romans,the united states, these civilizations were the rising back up of humanity after the great fall that happened before any of these civilizations even existed...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Kharron

Ah, but now we look at what the Greeks inherited from the Minoans, we see similar thoughts, experiments, and ideas in their time.

Also lol, I don't think you meant to say the Romans and Greeks were 4-5k years ago.

Anyway, What I'm saying is, those Greeks got those ideas as a product of the culture they lived under, which was inherited from the Minoans. It's safe to say that Minoans must have had the basis of some of those ideas. If for no other reason that when their civilization was destroyed and all of Greek entered a dark age, that was when most of the famous greek myths we know today began. They came from somewhere.

Of course I did.

The Neolithic Revolution reaches Europe by way of Greece and the Balkans, beginning in the 7th millennium BC.[citation needed] Some Neolithic communities in southeastern Europe, such as Sesklo in Greece, were living in heavily fortified settlements of 3,000-4,000 people. The Greek Neolithic ends with the arrival of the Bronze Age from Anatolia and the Near East, by the end 28th century BC (early Helladic period).

Greek bronze age was 5,000 years ago. And the Roman timeline starts some 3,000 years ago. Why is that strange?

Khar

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join