It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
reply to post by Harte

The bottom line: They're Not All Hoaxes. Sure, some are, but not all of them. There are simply Too Many.

As noted before there have been tens of thousands of claims that the world was going to end....it hasn't. So the number of claims is immaterial.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The long 'Gish gallop' attempts to find something to support your claims isn't working.

If you had a strong claim you would need only one, just one - the Denisovans were found with one finger bone

Now some of the links are to legitmate archaeological 'news'

Yes there are/most probably are cultures that existed in the coastal areas, we have found evidence for them. They are however not 'advanced' civilizations as blocula needs for his idea to be justified and which he has previous insisted no evidence would exist, lol

Here is what I suggest you do. RESEARCH the claims and find one you personally have studied and find that it hasn't been debunked and bring that one up for discussion.

By the way blocula you still haven't explained where you got the age of 25,000 years for Atlantis......

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Xtrozero

Its the massive age of earth 4,500,000,000 years,compared to how long modern humans have been walking around on earth 200,000 years and the oldest "pre-human" remains are only around 4 or 5 million years old and so we have an incredibly immense span of time where no present day humans and nothing even resembling humans was alive on earth,which is 4,495,000,000 years and that is "way" more than enough time for an entirely different species of humans to have arisen and fallen,again and again,long before we showed up...

But once again you are suggesting Homo is some kind of blue print that evolution uses over and over for 100s of millions of years, and that is just not feasible.

I think if you studied DNA some you might start to get a different picture. There is a reason why all mammals are very related today through DNA. The simple reason is we all come from a few select mammals (rodent like) that survived 65 million years ago, and it wasn't until 50 million years ago that mammals diversified.

Is it hard to think that an elephant was a rodent 65 million years ago or that that same rodent could have been homo too?

Chimps and humans share 98.4% DNA and we were the same species 8 or so million years ago. Would not this makes some sense? Horse are something like 70% like DNA so we were the same mammal 30 to 40 million years ago....We even share DNA with grass, but we would then go back billions of years...

edit on 8-5-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

It makes no difference at all how many time its been claimed that the world was going to end but didnt, wether it was one or a million times doesnt matter at all,because nothing lasts forever and the the world as we know it right now will be gone someday.If we could somehow teleport ourselves into the future just a mere thousand years from now and were able to look at new york city,we would certainly be almost unimaginably shocked and extremely surprised and we would be in for one helluva rude awakening as well...

edit on 8-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
By the way blocula you still haven't explained where you got the age of 25,000 years for Atlantis......

All we ever hear about is nostrodamus this and nostrodamus that and he was vague and unclear.But edgar cayce,the sleeping prophet,gave well over 15,000 in trance psychic readings and he totally dominates the over rated nostrodamus and was perhaps the most amazing and mysterious person to have ever existed...

Edgar Cayce-Great Pyramid And Sphinx > www.crystalinks.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It makes no difference at all how many time its been claimed that the world was going to end,wether its one or a million times doesnt matter at all,

Classic blocula, ignore the point and respond with more nonsense

Repeating the point, slowly again

The captain, stated that because there are so many claims of 'evidence', even if many were fakes at least one must be right by the sheer weight of numbers. He is incorrect as I pointed out there have been many, many claims for the end of the world, all have been wrong

Therefore a statement that lots of claims ='s that one must be right is wrong

because nothing lasts forever and the the world as we know it right now will be gone someday.If we could somehow teleport ourselves into the future just a mere thousand years from now and were able to look at new york city,we would certainly be almost unimaginably shocked and extremely surprised and we would be in for one helluva rude awakening as well...

Another blocula classic, say nothing germane to the discussion but provide irrelevant world salad, lol

Where did you come up with 25,000 years for the age of Atlantis blocula?

edit on 8/5/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It makes no difference at all how many time its been claimed that the world was going to end,wether its one or a million times doesnt matter at all,

I already answered your request within my previous post above...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Your linked doesn't aswer the question, blocula.

You have obviously never read the material at your own link.

Please do so henceforward, or you will be ignored by the few thinking people that still read your posts.

Harte

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I already answered your request within my previous post above...

My apologies, we were writing and posting at the same time, I acknowledge that you attempted to answer the question however I do note, that you, again, didn't answer the question.

The link you provided goes to Cayce made up stuff about the the great pyramids and the sphinx not the age of Atlantis

However there is a link on that page to his stuff on Atlantis

Cayce stuff on Atlantis

Didn't find anything about 25,000 years there, please explain?

From previous encounters on this subject I believe Cayce held the date was circa 10,000 BC but he 'borrowed' that from Blavatsky who came up with 9,564 BC

Still not sure how you got 25,000

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
reply to post by blocula

Your linked doesn't aswer the question, blocula.

You have obviously never read the material at your own link.

Please do so henceforward, or you will be ignored by the few thinking people that still read your posts.

Harte

Ah missed your post too Harte, yep not in the link

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Yes, I think we're special. Humans are survivors. Why? We have Brains and we Adapt. That sets us aside from dinosaurs and toads. Secrets of our technology and whole libraries might be destroyed but we live on and Rebuild. Larger brains than other animals.

Though looking around these threads, I do have my doubts sometimes.

Well unless you are Neanderthals or Homo Erectus who became extinct....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, Cayce said that Atlantis was destroyed Several Times. But don't quote me on this, it's been a while since I read his stuff. And despite his track record he's not exactly a prime source of information, if you take my meaning. Though I'd've taken his diagnosis any day over Nostradamus'!

I see no causal relationship between prophecies of doom and OOPArts. It's just a stupid apples and oranges comparison to dodge the issue.

There's a lot of fire on this thread. I take That as a sign that we're on to something here! Something a bit more probable and provable than aliens in saucers abducting guys for sex.

The Harte Principle is that there are No Anomalies. OOPArts don't exist. Wrongly dated archaeological finds are just that, wrongly dated. If all else fails, cry "Hoax!" And to escape from it all, just state that the Internet is wrong and full of lies (it often is!). Hmm. Now that sounds like the number of doom prophecies all over again...
No, Harte's not typing from a cave, he's probably typing from an office in the White House. The vaults located a mile beneath his office are where the OOPArts are stashed away--the ones which haven't been destroyed or are not locked away in the Vatican vaults...

And at least that damned thing's stopped beating... Now if we can just replace it with a happy face or something...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

If I remember correctly, Cayce said that Atlantis was destroyed Several Times. But don't quote me on this, it's been a while since I read his stuff. And despite his track record he's not exactly a prime source of information, if you take my meaning. Though I'd've taken his diagnosis any day over Nostradamus'!

He did. I believe that the multiple destructions thing comes from the origanl (Plato) as well. But nothing precise.

The final destruction date comes from Plato originally too.

Originally posted by CaptainLJBI see no causal relationship between prophecies of doom and OOPArts. It's just a stupid apples and oranges comparison to dodge the issue.

Typical of blocula. He is basically persistently flighty.

Originally posted by CaptainLJBThe Harte Principle is that there are No Anomalies. OOPArts don't exist. Wrongly dated archaeological finds are just that, wrongly dated. If all else fails, cry "Hoax!" And to escape from it all, just state that the Internet is wrong and full of lies (it often is!). Hmm. Now that sounds like the number of doom prophecies all over again...

Still afraid to check out the answers for yourself, eh?

Originally posted by CaptainLJBNo, Harte's not typing from a cave, he's probably typing from an office in the White House. The vaults located a mile beneath his office are where the OOPArts are stashed away--the ones which haven't been destroyed or are not locked away in the Vatican vaults...

I left the White House with Nixon. Been working out of the Vatican basement since then.

Harte
edit on 5/8/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Just curious,how are you able to know how many people are or are not reading this thread? There might be hundreds of people reading it,but deciding not to comment.I've read several posts made by members who say they almost never leave a comment,but would rather just read the threads and not say anything and so you saying only a few people are reading my thread is pure conjecture,imo...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Just curious,how are you able to know how many people are or are not reading this thread? There might be hundreds of people reading it,but deciding not to comment.I've read several posts made by members who say they almost never leave a comment,but would rather just read the threads and not say anything and so you saying that only a few people are reading my thread is pure conjecture,imo...

Isn't it obvious, blocula?

The Pope tells me.

Me and him are close.

Harte

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

"Still afraid to check out the answers for yourself, eh?"

I am checking out answers for myself but there are other websites and sources which contradict those "answers" and some even pose more questions than answers.

Need I bring up the whole topic of Giants again and how you cleverly dodge around it?
If you like we can limit that particular bit to just the ones unearthed right here in the U.S. such as the big guys buried by the Mound Builders. You'll probably tell us they never existed and it was all done by the Ingins; the stuff of oral legends, sitting around campfires telling tall tales.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

"Still afraid to check out the answers for yourself, eh?"

I am checking out answers for myself but there are other websites and sources which contradict those "answers" and some even pose more questions than answers.

Need I bring up the whole topic of Giants again and how you cleverly dodge around it?
If you like we can limit that particular bit to just the ones unearthed right here in the U.S. such as the big guys buried by the Mound Builders. You'll probably tell us they never existed and it was all done by the Ingins; the stuff of oral legends, sitting around campfires telling tall tales.

No, first you show me one of these giants. Then you need not put words in my mouth. Right now, all you have is words yourself. Why would that be? Also, who is more motivated to lie to you, the Smithsonian or an untrained author trying to make a buck?

As for your statement about how websites contradict, that's right, they do. One is telling the truth.

Myself, when I have a question about a nodule or two found thousands of feet underground, the first thing I think is to ask a geologist.

You'll find one explaining your spheres on the site I linked.

Of course, you can decide to believe the former journalist (Graham Hancock), the ex-economist (Zechariah Sitchin), or the college dropout Hare Krishna Creationist (Michael Cremo - the guy that, as far as I can tell, assembled the stories you're reporting on into a single, misguided book) over any trained scientist if you prefer.

But you'll have to answer as to why you would choose to do so.

Are you not one bit interested to see if there are actually any real explanations to these so-called "unexplained" items?

Harte

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

The watchers,meaning fallen angels? or demons? whatever or whoever demons are suppose to be? perhaps malevolent aliens? who descended upon earth from heaven? meaning from a mother spaceship? and posessed earthly men? or maybe the evil aliens literally mated with earthly women themselves,or artificially inseminated them? which produced mutant offspring who grew into a race of giants responsible for building the megalithic structures scattered all over the world? who were then destroyed in a cataclysmic flood created by god,meaning by benevolent aliens? who may have intentionally warmed earths atmosphere from space? or simultaneously fired massively powerful lasers upon the polar ice caps of earth? which rapidly melted, causing the world wide deluge? something like that,anyways...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If one needs a conspiracy to explain a good chunk of a theory or fill in holes, trust me on this, one is most likely wrong in their conclusion. Also if one only has fring sites to support then I would question why that is. Typically the people most knowledgable about this are not Government, but are normally far from that, even to the point to be anti-government accidamia type.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You don't believe in conspiracies? They exist, you know, but they're usually not called conspiracies but cover-ups or something much more mundane. Like "cleaning house" or "downsizing" when it comes to framing company employees to justify firing them so they can be replaced by near-minimum wage new employees. I've been there.

The funny thing about conspiracies though--and I do mean the more "rational" ones, you might say--is that at first they're believable. And at first there may even exist substantial solid proof to say they really happened the way the "nuts" envisioned them. But somewhere along the line--later--some third party crank material is thrown into the mix; sometimes from out of nowhere. Usually wild stuff. After it's added to the whole, the whole never looks the same ever again. A newcomer to the investigation will try to take it All in and, thanks to the new crap material, he will more easily become convinced it's the work of paranoid conspiracists and not rational people.
We probably have the same situation here with outright hoaxes and lies inserted. A prime example being all the forged photos of giant skulls and whatnot. Just show All this information to someone and that someone will most likely reject it all outright at bunk.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join