It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by blocula

You ignore the questions and information that would deflate your imaginary world. You change the subject, you repeat yourself endlessly, you sir are in serious denial, but have fun, eh
What i'm actually doing,is resurfacing vital issues and important points that receed into the back pages and are often forgotten...

As for my imaginary world.How does it make you feel knowing that we are living upon the surface of a planet with immensely deep oceans that are 95% unexplored by us and with a massive interior area that is 98% unknown to us?

edit on 21-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You are right blo, man has been on this planet for over 1 million years and science has confirmed that earth has had some severe catastrophes, local and global that almost wiped out all living beings on this planet multiple times. From pole flips, floods, to ice ages.

Many species of man has died off, we are the survivors. The ancients tell this story as well. For instance the Hopi in North America tell stories that we are in the 4th world. That the previous three were 1st destroyed by Fire, then pole shift that led to ice age, then floods.

As far as saying we destroyed ourselves is in question, In some ways its correct according to most mythology and biblical text stating that man had become very selfish, and materialistic full of murder and hate much like we are today and that we brought upon our suffering but science and ancient text describe the earth becoming dark, persistent earth quakes, storms, mega tsunamis and local/global flooding. followed by months of rain. The people who survived the flood died soon there after due starvation from a lack of knowledge concerning basic survival skills, much like today the majority of humans dont know how to start a basic fire without a match or lighter let alone hunting, food cultivation and gathering.

We are doomed much like our predecessors The strong, the intelligent will survive. Know that most graduates of Harvard and 'great' schools are useless in a real world scenario.
Whos smart now?
edit on 21-4-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Estimates of the number of major mass extinctions in the last 540 million years range from as few as five to more than twenty > en.wikipedia.org...

Ancient atomic war > www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Nuclear events in ancient india? > www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Sorry, but I cannot buy it. Any truly advanced civilization will leave fingerprints on the land that will unmistakable. Although buildings facades may crumble, stone masonry work, foundations, metal implements, radioactive, and synthetics will survive in some recognizable matter for 10,000’s of years.

Where have you been .. The Evidence is Overwhelming .. a Previous Civilization is a Fact ..

You said it yourself ... Stones do survive they predate written history and are absolute indications of a prior higher civilization .

How can I say that ?

Baalbek for sheer massiveness of the stones

upload.wikimedia.org...

gobekli tepe for carbon dating and the fact it is burried .

upload.wikimedia.org...

Puma Punku for hardnes of material and difficulty of the cuts

aliensandangels.files.wordpress.com...

Machu Picchu for massive stone work and logistics

www.imagesofanthropology.com...

Submerged massive structures all over the world .

Yonaguni

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Off the coast of Cuba and Bahamas pyramid structures like this

usahitman.com...

The crystal Ray Brown discovered was real tech that can Not be Reproduced

www.earth-keeper.com...

The list goes on despite the denials of the misguided ..

And so does our education .

We live on a planet that undergoes cyclic destruction not to mention all the other hazards .

Thx OP

I believe we are given adequate time to create a civilization and perfect a technology if we all work together ...
we can escape this cycle by expanding off world .

Which I believe has happened in the past and may be happening right now .

Which raises the question Where Are They ?

I believe they are here and for what ever selfish reason they seek control rather than our liberation .

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
You are right blo, man has been on this planet for over 1 million years and science has confirmed that earth has had some severe catastrophes, local and global that almost wiped out all living beings on this planet multiple times. From pole flips, floods, to ice ages.

There lies the problem....

As we go back in evolution our brains get smaller. 2.4 million years ago our ancestors had the brain size and powers of a smart chimp and they showed this with the brain power that could only create extremely basic stone tools they smashed/cut things with. Over a few million years our brains grew and not only that but received a lot more blood flow. Today our brains are around 1400cc and 25% of our energy is pumped into it.

So it wasn't that we had millions of years to get advanced it was we needed millions of years to evolve to the point where we could get advance. What provided us the ability to evolve as we did compared to our far distance ape/monkey relatives was our diet. It wasn't until we became hunter gatherers that we started to get the proteins needed to evolve a huge energy hungry brain. This is in contrast to monkeys that still live mainly a high roughage low protein diet. Our brains have actually shrunk some since we became farmers since farming might have provided a more stable production of food, but it is not as nutritious as the hunter gatherer diet.

Something like Atlantis would have been something completely un-human like. Our advancement is not based on a few people living in isolation as an Atlantis society would have been. When we were small groups living mostly in isolation our advancements were extremely slow too, and as we grew in numbers and communication improved we advanced more and more quickly. At 7 billion with instant communication today, just look how fast we are advancing compared to even a few hundred years ago. This is the human formula that has basically not changed.

Many species of man has died off, we are the survivors. The ancients tell this story as well. For instance the Hopi in North America tell stories that we are in the 4th world. That the previous three were 1st destroyed by Fire, then pole shift that led to ice age, then floods.

Well if the Hopi say it, it must be real...

If we are the forth world than it wasn't humans or homos in the other three... BTW American Indians have been in the Americas less than 14,000 years....they came from China, so they are kind of the new kids on the block as far as human evolution and ancient knowledge goes. The funny part is that their advancement into the Americas was not pleasant. They had to travel/live in extreme hardship until they could head south. DNA suggests only a few groups actually made it, so I can see how they could have tales of four worlds of humans with maybe total wipes in that struggle of humans advancing that would describe their advancement into the Americas quite well.

We are doomed much like our predecessors The strong, the intelligent will survive. Know that most graduates of Harvard and 'great' schools are useless in a real world scenario.

I think humans have finally reached the point that if we were reduced to 10,000 pairs of humans, as is suggested in the last ice age, and it took us 200,000 years to recover I would think there would still be a lot of proof we were here before.

edit on 21-4-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Xtrozero

Our Evolution is NOT LINEAR Check your facts ..

www.npr.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

Where have you been .. The Evidence is Overwhelming .. a Previous Civilization is a Fact ..

You said it yourself ... Stones do survive they predate written history and are absolute indications of a prior higher civilization .

How can I say that ?

Baalbek for sheer massiveness of the stones

upload.wikimedia.org...

gobekli tepe for carbon dating and the fact it is burried .

upload.wikimedia.org...

Puma Punku for hardnes of material and difficulty of the cuts

aliensandangels.files.wordpress.com...

Machu Picchu for massive stone work and logistics

www.imagesofanthropology.com...

Submerged massive structures all over the world .

Yonaguni

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Off the coast of Cuba and Bahamas pyramid structures like this

usahitman.com...

The crystal Ray Brown discovered was real tech that can Not be Reproduced

www.earth-keeper.com...

The list goes on despite the denials of the misguided ..

And so does our education .

We live on a planet that undergoes cyclic destruction not to mention all the other hazards .

Thx OP

I believe we are given adequate time to create a civilization and perfect a technology if we all work together ...
we can escape this cycle by expanding off world .

Which I believe has happened in the past and may be happening right now .

Which raises the question Where Are They ?

I believe they are here and for what ever selfish reason they seek control rather than our liberation .

Homos started working stone 2.4 million years ago and it seems they got really good at it....so I guess if stone work is the measurement for advancement then they were advance...I guess all that other crazy advance stuff we have today doesn't count.....

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Our Evolution is NOT LINEAR Check your facts ..

Not sure what you are talking about....I did say our brains have shrunk some since we started to farm...did I not say that? AND explain why....

Explain your "not linear" part....

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The technology is not the same .. but their abilities exceed our own at present .

You said "As we go back in evolution our brains get smaller. "

That is not correct .

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The technology is not the same .. but their abilities exceed our own at present .

You said "As we go back in evolution our brains get smaller. "

That is not correct .

It is correct up to 20,000 years ago when we changed our diet to farming and I added that part in....not sure your point here though.

My point is if we go back too far we were not capable of advancements and anything sooner would show evidence of advance societies. Just what were they so advance in compared with today other than stone building, but I think we can build quite well with stone today too....just saying..lol

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

When knowing that the entire amount of fossilized remains of pre humans and early humans that have ever been found and examined during the past 200 years,would'nt even fill up the back of a small pickup truck, how much do we really know about their overall brain size during the distant past? and perhaps an earthly civilization from a very long time ago,became advanced enough for some of them to have left the earth,before whatever cataclysm arrived,a cosmic disaster they may have known was headed their way and those who remained on earth may have been so devastated and forced back into a stoneage state,that very little remains of them and their technology today...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

OK you are partially correct .. which is a nice way to say not correct .

And our ability to work stone is no where near to the examples we have on the record .

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If the earths age of 4,500,000,000 years,was represented as a time line in the form of a tape measure,stretched out in a 3,000 mile long straight line from the pacific ocean,all the way to the atlantic ocean,every mile on that tape measure would equal 1,500,000 years...

and so the age of modern humans is 200,000 years and would be equal to only about 1,000 feet on that tape measure time line...

thats a very good way of understanding just how very short of a time modern humans have been in existence and just how immensely long of a time period there has been for multiple technologically advanced human civilizations to have arisen and fallen long before modern humans arrived...

one of the more recent world wide cataclysms that severely crippled humanity and greatly reduced the worlds human population,also thrust the survivors of that terrible disaster down and backwards into a prehistoric state of living,like cavemen...

and that horrible human annihilation,natural,self inflicted,or both,happened to them perhaps only a few years or decades before those thrown down and backwards people were able to slowly arise and become the modern humans we are today and someday,humanity will be knocked back down again and again and again...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
When knowing that the entire amount of fossilized remains of pre humans and early humans that have ever been found and examined during the past 200 years,would'nt even fill up the back of a small pickup truck.

You either read this from one of my old posts, or you have read the same book as me...

how much do we really know about their overall brain size during the distant past? and perhaps an earthly civilization from a very long time ago,became advanced enough for some of them to have left the earth,before whatever cataclysm arrived,a cosmic disaster they may have known was headed their way and those who remained on earth may have been so devastated and forced back into a stoneage state,that very little remains of them and their technology today

So you just run with nothing but assumptions and speculations? We do have a pretty good grasp of what tools have been used for the last few million years and they were stone until rather newer times in our history. We also have a pretty good picture of how these stone tools started as crude and got better.

There is stone age and then there is Lucy the almost more ape human than human. There is a finite period to all this or we are not talking homo at all. If anything like what you suggest happened in the last 5 or 10 million years we would have more than a pickup truck of evidence. Have you ever thought that the reason we have so little is because there was only small groups of homo to begin with?

You just do not build a rocket, or just have one great advancement....come on, look at us we have advanced in a million different directions, but people look at good stone work and say "boy that was an advance society". Just how far back are you speculating this advance race was, and then left the planet? Were they homo in nature or some other totally different species 100s of millions of years ago?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

OK you are partially correct .. which is a nice way to say not correct .

And our ability to work stone is no where near to the examples we have on the record .

Ok explain to me where I error, also explain to me where we could not create the same thing in a hell of a lot shorter time frame?

I guess we could compare 10 ton stone work to a 150 story sky scraper and everything else modern in it.... but hey they were so more advance than us...

There is nothing and I mean nothing that has been done that cannot be done today. The only question is the truly primitive tools they used to do the job.

edit on 21-4-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

thats a very good way of understanding just how very short of a time modern humans have been in existence and just how immensely long of a time period there has been for multiple technologically advanced human civilizations to have arisen and fallen long before modern humans arrived...

The problem is evolution never stops...there were no humans 2 million, 20 million, 200 million, 2 billion years ago...

one of the more recent world wide cataclysms that severely crippled humanity and greatly reduced the worlds human population,also thrust the survivors of that terrible disaster down and backwards into a prehistoric state of living,like cavemen...

and that horrible human annihilation,natural,self inflicted,or both,happened to them perhaps only a few years or decades before those thrown down and backwards people were able to slowly arise and become the modern humans we are today and someday,humanity will be knocked back down again and again and again...

Man you say this like you were there or watched it on TV... please give me a timeline of when this happened....

Let me ask you a question...if this happened today would homos in 10 million years only have a pickup truck of bones and stone work?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Evolution is temporarily crippled and severely diverted every time a large asteroid or comet slams into the earth,or the earths poles shift,or the earths axis tilts,or gamma ray bursts strike...

We have an extremely hard time finding any evidence or remains from very ancient and advanced human civilizations who very well may have existed many hundreds of thousands or even many millions of years ago, because asteroid impacts,comet impacts,super storms,continental drift,ice ages,earthquakes,erosion,decay, hurricanes,floods,blizzards,volcanic and mega volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and mega tsunamis,pole shifts, tornadoes,landslides,avalanches,rain storms,gamma ray bursts,axis tilts ect,ect would have certainly destroyed and or buried 99% of any and all evidences and remains during the passing of extremely long expanses of time...

And there are numerous examples,within the dozens of links throughout this thread,of bizarrre and mysterious out of place,out of time artifacts and evidence that actually has been found all over the world,but they are ridiculed,hushed up,purposefully ignored by the mainstream scientists and archaeologists and intentionally supressed by tptb,because those evidences and artifacts dont adhere to or fit into the currently enforced belief structures and historical lies of tptb and so we will never see those evidences and artifacts on the state and government controlled evening news...

edit on 22-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Evolution is temporarily crippled and severely diverted every time a large asteroid or comet slams into the earth,or the earths poles shift,or the earths axis tilts,or gamma ray bursts strike...

We have an extremely hard time finding any evidence or remains from very ancient and advanced human civilizations who very well may have existed many hundreds of thousands or even many millions of years ago, because asteroid impacts,comet impacts,super storms,continental drift,ice ages,earthquakes,erosion,decay, hurricanes,floods,blizzards,volcanic and mega volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and mega tsunamis,pole shifts, tornadoes,landslides,avalanches,rain storms,gamma ray bursts,axis tilts ect,ect would have certainly destroyed and or buried 99% of any and all evidences and remains during the passing of extremely long expanses of time...

Well if all that happened at once I agree....lol

But we can find bones/fossles from yesterday up to 100s of million years ago and even 3.4 billion years ago.

Evolution never stops period. No matter what happens, in a million years homo will be very different than today and as we go farther into the future homos will be no more but another speices.

The problem with your speculation is that there is truly nothing to support it and EVERYTHING we have found so far goes completely against it. You would be talking about a true enigma to say the least and I just do not buy it with zero evidence but speculations.

I might say it was remotely possible if you were talking about a totally different species a billion years ago, but not humans, it is just not possible in our past, but I do agree it is plausible in our future.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Just the mile to two mile high mountains of glacial ice and snow,advancing and retreating from the north during one ice age,would be enough to obliterate new york city,chicago,boston and anything else that happened to be in their way and there have been numerous ice ages during just the past few million years...

Go outside and try to imagine what a mile,or even two miles high of ice being where your standing actually means,think about its millions and billions of tons of weight and realize that those mountains of ice and snow are in constant motion,like some gigantic,relentless,slow moving steamroller with jagged titanium teeth,knocking over,crushing and grinding down everything in its unstoppable path...

All those hundreds and thousands of large and small boulders and rocks that are scattered all over the woods and forests of new england and elsewhere,were once hills and mountains,that were slowly knocked over,crushed and grinded down into the rocks and boulders we see all over the place today.Those hills and mountains were so unimaginably heavy,they formed deep impressions into the ground that are the depths of the great lakes today and they were so heavy that they may have even tilted the earths axis into its current position...

Anything humanity has built above or below ground,from tall skyscrapers,to subway systems,will be crushed, torn asunder and destroyed and any human survivors will not be worried or concerned with trying to preserve much of anything from the world they knew before,because they will be be completely proccupied with trying to obtain food,shelter and clothing and fighting off diseases,wild animals and other roaming bands of human survivors,who will most certainly fight and attack eachother just to stay alive...

Thats just from one ice age and there have been several during just the past few million years and then add in the annihilating effects of asteroid impacts,comet impacts,super storms,continental drift,earthquakes,erosion, decay,hurricanes,floods,blizzards,volcanic and mega volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and mega tsunamis,pole shifts,tornadoes,landslides,avalanches,rain storms,gamma ray bursts,axis tilts...

Some of those would happen all the time,some of them would happen frequently and some once in awhile,but during millions of years of time passing by,they all would happen again and again and just about any evidences and artifacts from advanced human civilizations that may have existed hundreds of thousands and even millions of years ago will be 99% gone forever...
edit on 22-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I am with you, to a point..

I think mars has something to do with our history, allot of Man's instincts and wonder, and almost knowing why he exists has to do with something we lost, eons ago... Hell its anyone's guess, I won't bore any readers with what I believe...

Yet here is a very valid point, to those who think they know everything...

Their are leagues of oceans on this planet, even our greatest explorers have not explored...

Millions of miles of ocean floor, with who knows what mysteries they are hiding under its blankets of water...

Just saying.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join