Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by scaredlady
reply to post by blocula

OP, I have tears in my eyes! Finally, someone sees it the way I see it. Cavemen were the remnants of a destroyed empire. Yes. Please give me more of your insight. You have the right idea.
yes the image we have of prehistoric people with shaggy long hair dressed in animal skins and throwing spears at mammoths are actually the survivors of a self inflicted holocaust,struggling to live.and here we are again,standing on the edge of disaster and after the next nuclear war is unleashed,and the poles shift again and another ice age occurs with mountains of frozen snow advancing across the continents crushing everything in their path, all that will be left alive are small bands of people suddenly hurdled back into the stoneage with food,shelter and clothing their only major concerns,not what size television to buy anymore, they will live among wild animals and sit around fires near mountains of ice and tell stories about myths and legends of forgotten worlds and lost ways of life that will just happen to be about the world we are living in right now...its really,really sad...
edit on 15-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
To add on to...

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by blocula

Omg, you put it perfectly in one sentence, what I've been yammering at my girlfriend for weeks!!!

And, the various Indian tribes were likely what was left of major metropolis' like Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, etc, and they (clan) likely just assumed the name of the cities whence they came.

And, the 'conquerers' - always decendents, in some form or fashion of the elites that survived the last cataclysm - Ancient Sumeria, anyone? A civ that comes out of nowhere with phenomenal advances in agriculture, mathematics, law, etc...

Makes just a little too much sense.
edit on 8/15/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

Take it a step further, and you have real evidence for the need for other conspiracies, as they relate to 1) the procurement of money/resources, so that 2) preparations can be made and 3) the masses can be controlled and dealt with as the time nears, so as not to thwart the survival attempts of the 'extremely fortunate.'

And, the only evidence of our past civilizations - if you've ever watched "Life After People" you know that even the most robust of human inventions - like a steel I-beam - would be gone after a mere couple thousand of years. That's why our ancestors left behind clues/monuments in stone that they knew would stand the test of time... hence the importance of... masonry (but I'm just spitballing, here)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This to me immediately bought to mind the Bhuddist belief that we are born over and over again until we get it right.

Very intersting thread

Many thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Yes, humans have a deep fear of the apocalypse even though we supposedly never been through one. Usually instinctive fears come from situations that have posed danger to us in the past or something our brains perceive as hazerdous. Why is this a fear we all commonly share? Why do religions and mythologies speak of end times as though they are fact? Why.do they state that it has happened before?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
www.bibliotecapleyades.net... i believe that human civilizations on earth have risen and fallen over and over again down through the ages. these now forgotten civilizations seem erased because of time,erosion,supression of information by the mainstream and the powers that be, who seek delusional refuge in knowing that their people are led astray from the truth and are trained to think and live half asleep. wandering lost in a fallen world of greed and blind denial of the fact that we've done this all before. we reach a point where we cant handle our own technology anymore and we self destruct. we recreate our own monsters again and again,they rise up and destroy their creators. atlantis is a good example of what i am saying and this self inflicted disaster is about to happen to us again.the twentieth century,a century of supposed progress and technological marvel is actually a century of neverending war,genocide and destruction on a scale far worse than all other periods in history combined. we have refined the demented art of killing off nature and eachother. if just five or ten nuclear power plants were to reach critical mass,break open and release their radioactive contents simultaneously,we would be in a horrible situation.the hellish risks that these things pose far outweigh their benefits and they should have never received the green light at all. we are being driven fast,without brakes,down a one way road of apocalyptic destiny that will result in our destruction once again...

This is pretty much my whole belief system! Who REALLY knows how many advanced civilizations have risen and fallen, only to be reclaimed by mother earth once more!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Plastic??????????
How do we know that our plastic will last 10,000 years? Has any one buried any plastic and went back and dug it up 10,000 later? We have had plastics for less than 50 years and really do not know how long they can last. Any one ever picked up an old bit of plastic and get a powder on there hands? That is the plastic breaking down. Plastic does last a really long time but no one knows just how long. I think the whole plastic lasting 10,000 plus years is more of an anti-littering thing than fact..
thanx for your comment...and the civilization that rose and fell before us may not have been a paper/metal/plastic based society like we are...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by blocula

Omg, you put it perfectly in one sentence, what I've been yammering at my girlfriend for weeks!!!

And, the various Indian tribes were likely what was left of major metropolis' like Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, etc, and they (clan) likely just assumed the name of the cities whence they came.

And, the 'conquerers' - always decendents, in some form or fashion of the elites that survived the last cataclysm - Ancient Sumeria, anyone? A civ that comes out of nowhere with phenomenal advances in agriculture, mathematics, law, etc...

Makes just a little too much sense.
thanx for your comment...the future prehistoric indians that we will someday become, the survivors of dallas and boston and chicago struggling to live...once again...i feel very strongly that this is the truth...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Well yea either they did happen before or maybe it's just the whole idea of dieing or something.

Most religions actually can be traced down to a few basic sources. Indo-European, Atheistic, Abrahamic, and local tradition. Suprisingly, Indo European is the most widespread, and ever more surprising shares a great deal with Abrahamic even though some parts of each other have never come in contact. Indo-European traditions can even be found in ancient American myths and lore, and there's quite some bit of similarities in each other's art. There's even old pre-Mormon records by priests and colonists of finding stone mason ruins in Pennsylvania with Hebrew inscriptions on them, which begs to question where exactly Mormons got their tall tales from.

Personally, I've always found it interesting that Noah's ark is made of an untranslatable word, but with some thought, the literal translation describes something similar to plywood, something that wouldn't be invented until the 1900s. Other interesting parts are that of the nephilim. Some research reveals that the Nephilim may have been physically created by humans and put in charge (a la cylons in Battle Star Galactica). Even more research shows strange parrallels to the Nephilim being the actual gods and goddesses of ancient lore found in Indo-European tradition. That these creatures were judged unworthy by God and damned, and that they would not be risen on the last day. And that the flood may be for the explicit reason to destroy their existence.

Many interesting parallels with modern sci fi. I mentioned BSG, but also Star Trek's "eugenics wars". Very interesting indeed.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
You are on the right track.

Atlantis was what the previous civilization was called.

All man made structures would be gone in under 1000 years.

My theory is that our previous civilization peaked during the last ice age when the ocean level was lower. Since the majority of human population resides in ocean side cities the melting of the glaciers would have flooded.them out. There wouldn't have been many inland cities due to the ice age. There has to be some truth to the flood.stories that every ancient.society had.

You've got the right idea, but I don't see how all man made structures would be gone in a 1,000 years.
Aren't there structures standing still that are over 10,000 years old and are still very much recognizable without having undergone any reconstruction?

It's been projected that all stone, iron, plastic and similar human building would be gone in 200,000 to a 1,000,000 years. Quite a bit longer than a 1,000 years but we would most definitely be forgotten in what really is no time at all for planet Earth.

Although I don't really know that remnants of a human civilization could live in caves for hundreds of thousands of years while nature erodes their cities.

Khar

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What we seldom take into account is that the.previous civ may have not had similar economical systems or.govt systems. It could very well be that they didn't mass produce goods. It could be they used plastic but perhaps not very much of it. They may have had large cities but used aerial transportation instead of land or water based. Perhaps they pooled.their resources to create technology that benefit society. Perhaps they didn't have consumer goods or even required electricity in their homes and used it instead in industry.

We always try to find reasons why a previous civilization couldn't exist at the same tech level as ours by comparing it to our own ways of living. This mistake we shouldn't be making.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
from the point of view of those in control,the way they see everyone else, its all about perception,not reality...as long as we see things their way its on with the show,continue the charade...but the darkness of reality is waiting just around the corner and the sun will still rise when its over,but it wont be shining upon what we think it will be, just another torn and wasted land...hiroshima and nagasaki times ten thousand all over this fallen world...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Anything recognizable or anything in working order would not last 1000 years. Basically in a few thousand years an archaeologist wouldn't be able to determine just how advanced we were if the world ended tomorrow.

And we didn't sit in caves. Cities would have been dangerous. Roving gangs, warring factions all competing to control the remnants of the society they once held dear. In a few generations they would forget what they were even doing there in the first place. Let's not forget widespread disease from rotting items and dead bodies.

The productive survivors would have resorted to farming and basically ensuring their communities were sustainable. Record keeping would be low priority. Reclaming crumbling cities would be an impossible task and basically not worth it. Eventually the communities would form systems of govt. Roving gangs and warlord would try to take land. It would be no different than what we learned in history class aboutearly history. Survival of the fittest.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

What we seldom take into account is that the.previous civ may have not had similar economical systems or.govt systems. It could very well be that they didn't mass produce goods. It could be they used plastic but perhaps not very much of it. They may have had large cities but used aerial transportation instead of land or water based. Perhaps they pooled.their resources to create technology that benefit society. Perhaps they didn't have consumer goods or even required electricity in their homes and used it instead in industry.

We always try to find reasons why a previous civilization couldn't exist at the same tech level as ours by comparing it to our own ways of living. This mistake we shouldn't be making.
exactly...very well said

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Speaking of noahs ark are you familier with the sumerian flood tablets?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Kharron

Anything recognizable or anything in working order would not last 1000 years. Basically in a few thousand years an archaeologist wouldn't be able to determine just how advanced we were if the world ended tomorrow.

And we didn't sit in caves. Cities would have been dangerous. Roving gangs, warring factions all competing to control the remnants of the society they once held dear. In a few generations they would forget what they were even doing there in the first place. Let's not forget widespread disease from rotting items and dead bodies.

The productive survivors would have resorted to farming and basically ensuring their communities were sustainable. Record keeping would be low priority. Reclaming crumbling cities would be an impossible task and basically not worth it. Eventually the communities would form systems of govt. Roving gangs and warlord would try to take land. It would be no different than what we learned in history class aboutearly history. Survival of the fittest.
these original bands of survivors would have actually stayed on a downward spiral,untill finally something or someone turned them around...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

So the Stone Henge which was built, what, about 10k years ago would be gone in the next 1000?

The pyramids? Great Wall? Not to mention all the concrete and steel construction which is built even tougher. Also, we are just getting started with what are going to be extremely durable, and pretty much indestructible materials like graphene. I have a feeling that what we build in the next 100 years will take a million to wipe out. If any civilization before us was anywhere close to our level, or even ahead of us, I believe we would be looking at hundreds of thousands of years of evidence.

Then again, why would we have to look for someone living here 20-30 thousand years ago. Who's to say there were not civilizations here a billion years ago?

Ok, did some light research just now and I think the figure we're looking for is 50,000 years. In 50k years human civilization would be unrecognizable, another 150k years for all traces of our nuclear technology to disappear.

Man Made

There may be even better articles out there, I apologize but I did not dig very deep.

Khar

edit on 15-8-2011 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

But of course. What's more interesting is if Gobek Tepe actually talks about the same thing.

I mean I've tried to pinpoint when exactly it could have happened. I've always been interested in how both Egyptian intermediate periods align with both the flood and Moses. But hell if I know how it all lines up to 9000 BC.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Except humanity as our modern self is only around 50,000 to 20,000 years old. People like to throw numbers around like 500,000 years or more. But those were our ancestors of the homo erectus lineage, as well as others such as homo rhodesiensis. We, as we are today, can only be said to be around 50,000 years old with the advent of Behavioral modernity. Some say the speech centers of or form weren't fully developed until 20,000 years ago. So we're looking at, at most, maybe 3-4 repeats of all history. Of course, if we cut out the fat, all that modernity could be compressed into just 3000-2000 years, thus perhaps allowing a couple more redos.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

So the Stone Henge which was built, what, about 10k years ago would be gone in the next 1000?

The pyramids? Great Wall? Not to mention all the concrete and steel construction which is built even tougher.

Ok, did some light research just now and I think the figure we're looking for is 50,000 years. In 50k years human civilization would be unrecognizable, another 150k years for all traces of our nuclear technology to disappear.

Man Made

There may be even better articles out there, I apologize but I did not dig very deep.

Khar

these structures that you mention and all our buildings and bridges and houses are constantly being repaired and fixed up...when we are once again thrown back into a stoneage state, who will be looking after and taking care of these things...no one!...they will become rubble and then eventually dust...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

That is what im saying though. I have repeated things far too many times you need to read the whole thread.

Some things survive.
Pyramids
balbek stone foundation
Easter island
south american ruin
I. Can go on and on.
We view these today in.modern academia as the constructions of a primitive people when in fact many believe they are far older and much of it still defies explaination.
Traces of our MODERN technology would be gone in 1000 years. Anything made of steel lasting longer than that would be nothing short of a miracle.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join