It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee

Originally posted by SirMike
Sorry, but I cannot buy it. Any truly advanced civilization will leave fingerprints on the land that will unmistakable. Although buildings facades may crumble, stone masonry work, foundations, metal implements, radioactive, and synthetics will survive in some recognizable matter for 10,000’s of years.

Ok How about we say even a million years, the earth has been around for about 4.5 BILLION YEARS. That means there could be even TEN MILLION years in between each civilization. I don't think there will be anything left after that number of years.

Humans have spread across the entire planet, colonizing every corner. But humans have really been on the planet for a fraction of the lifetime of the Earth. Archeologists estimate that modern humans have been on the Earth for about 200,000 years. That is a tiny second of time compared to 4.5 BILLION.
thanx for your comment....and probably 95% of the archeologists that you mention ^^^ are paid by the state or government and their opinions and the evidence they unearth has to meet strict prearranged guide lines or it will be snuffed out.so who knows how long we've really been around...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

blocula interesting thread yet agian, you make many very good points in this post, i never thought of it that way haha thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

What have we built today that will stand the test of time?

The Three gorges dam comes to mind, anything else?

According to 'The World Without Us' by Alan Weisman, Mount Rushmore will last over 7 million years. Seems a little long haha, but it will probably be the longest lasting thing humans have ever built.
edit on 15-8-2011 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I actually also believe that we are not the first technologically advanced humans on planet Earth.

There are too many out of place archaeological artifacts that don't fit the traditional timeline (but get mostly ignored by mainstream archaeologists). I really, really don't believe that modern civilization has only been around for about 8,000 - 12,000 years.

The only records really seem to be since the last great ice age. There are too many artifacts from hundreds of thousands and even millions of years ago that cannot be explained that can't be ignored.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

Can you imagine what the surviving remnants of our civilization would think of mt rushmore? Having developed religious beliefs of their own would possibly think they were carvings of gods and would revere the mountain as holy. Thousands of years later it would remain a mystery and many documentarys would be made with possibilities on what the purpose was.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

Originally posted by XplanetX

What have we built today that will stand the test of time?

The Three gorges dam comes to mind, anything else?

According to 'The World Without Us' by Alan Weisman, Mount Rushmore will last over 7 million years. Seems a little long haha, but it will probably be the longest lasting thing humans have ever built.
edit on 15-8-2011 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)
or any day an earthquake strikes the mt. rushmore area and sends the chiseled granite faces crumbling to the ground...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
we have a hard time trying to accurately figure out what happened 500 years ago,never mind 50,000 or more. think of all the people and technology that has come and gone.the united states has only been a country for about 230 years,thats it! and we went from the horse and buggy to a nuclear powered aircraft carrier in about 60 years!...amazing...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
reply to post by blocula

blocula interesting thread yet agian, you make many very good points in this post, i never thought of it that way haha thanks for sharing

hi....thanx for your kind words...i dont only think out of the box, i was born outside of it...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

IMHO you're so on-the-money it ain't funny, honey! and as advanced as we are today, we've yet to reach the incredible heights of knowledge that past peoples knew in their time.

around the globe so many civilizations left their marks and vanished without a trace. what we know pales in comparison to what we don't know.

a paranoia that eats at me is the suspicion that there are those at the top of the food chain that have unearthed many answers to many secrets of the past, and they have squirreled them away for their own benefit.

i suspect these hidden chunks of knowledge are the impetus that drive those in charge to do the evil they do. to control people, to send their brothers and sisters off to kill and conquer. i ponder on the evil men do, and i shake my head and wonder why.

readers please note: this is my opinion only, not based on research, something you learned in college that is just the opposite or whatever you know better about and feel the need to write something sarcastic to prove to all how clever you are and how abysmally foolish i am. it's just my 2 cents, nothing more. i'm just another idiot spewing off on the internet. thank you

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is a very interesting concept. And a very scary one.

1) We have fossils that are hundreds of millions of years old. Surely an intelligent species would have built many things that would have lasted and been found within this time period. Especially if they were around for any length of time. So let's timeframe an intelligent species at pre 1 billion years ago.

2) "Dumb" species such as dinosaurs ruled the planet for 160 million years. We've been here for maybe 50 thousand (with some distinct intelligence), and are very capable of wiping ourselves out.

So we might conclude that intelligence as a survival trait is rare. And perhaps it's rare because in the long term it's not a very successful trait to ensure the survival of a species.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
www.bibliotecapleyades.net... i believe that human civilizations on earth have risen and fallen over and over again down through the ages. these now forgotten civilizations seem erased because of time,erosion,supression of information by the mainstream and the powers that be, who seek delusional refuge in knowing that their people are led astray from the truth and are trained to think and live half asleep. wandering lost in a fallen world of greed and blind denial of the fact that we've done this all before. we reach a point where we cant handle our own technology anymore and we self destruct. we recreate our own monsters again and again,they rise up and destroy their creators. atlantis is a good example of what i am saying and this self inflicted disaster is about to happen to us again.the twentieth century,a century of supposed progress and technological marvel is actually a century of neverending war,genocide and destruction on a scale far worse than all other periods in history combined. we have refined the demented art of killing off nature and eachother. if just five or ten nuclear power plants were to reach critical mass,break open and release their radioactive contents simultaneously,we would be in a horrible situation.the hellish risks that these things pose far outweigh their benefits and they should have never received the green light at all. we are being driven fast,without brakes,down a one way road of apocalyptic destiny that will result in our destruction once again...

There is no archeological evidence to suggest there were civilzations beyond 12,000 B.C.E., or if there is, it hasnt been discovered yet. You make bold accusations and back it up with no evidence. I'm not saying i totally disagree with everything you've said. Whatever green light youre talking about, i don't think this has anything to do with the comic book superhero Green Lantern. Humans have been killing eachother for quite a long time, yet there is no evidence to suggest that we have made war on eachother further back than 12,000 years.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6

1) We have fossils that are hundreds of millions of years old. Surely an intelligent species would have built many things that would have lasted and been found within this time period. Especially if they were around for any length of time. So let's timeframe an intelligent species at pre 1 billion years ago.

2) "Dumb" species such as dinosaurs ruled the planet for 160 million years. We've been here for maybe 50 thousand (with some distinct intelligence), and are very capable of wiping ourselves out.

So we might conclude that intelligence as a survival trait is rare. And perhaps it's rare because in the long term it's not a very successful trait to ensure the survival of a species.

Intelligence itself is nothing unless you have the wisdom to wield it. The dinosaurs ruled the earth for around 280 million years, humans will not because we have a warlike nature. The dinosaurs only killed eachother because of food and then it was the carnivores versus herbivores, they didnt make war on eachother. Humanity will destroy itself from the inside out left to its own devices.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by blocula

IMHO you're so on-the-money it ain't funny, honey! and as advanced as we are today, we've yet to reach the incredible heights of knowledge that past peoples knew in their time.

around the globe so many civilizations left their marks and vanished without a trace. what we know pales in comparison to what we don't know.

a paranoia that eats at me is the suspicion that there are those at the top of the food chain that have unearthed many answers to many secrets of the past, and they have squirreled them away for their own benefit.

i suspect these hidden chunks of knowledge are the impetus that drive those in charge to do the evil they do. to control people, to send their brothers and sisters off to kill and conquer. i ponder on the evil men do, and i shake my head and wonder why.

readers please note: this is my opinion only, not based on research, something you learned in college that is just the opposite or whatever you know better about and feel the need to write something sarcastic to prove to all how clever you are and how abysmally foolish i am. it's just my 2 cents, nothing more. i'm just another idiot spewing off on the internet. thank you
thanx for your comment...what you say is true, like whats under the the paw of the sphinx,or should i say what was under it,because i'm sure it was dug up,taken out and carried away in the 1940s or 50s..no one is even allowed to dig under it at all,why?.. are they afraid we might find out the truth about some hidden knowledge...theres probably a tunnel connecting the pyramids at giza to the sphinx itself ....and yes this is what i meant.. that "they" keep us blind and half asleep,any challenge to their power structure will not be tolerated and any evidence that goes against their evil agenda will be ruthlessly opposed and snuffed out and the strange evidence that does manage to leak out into the public knowledge is mostly ridiculed and laughed at...just the reaction "they" want.....denial

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

OP, I have tears in my eyes! Finally, someone sees it the way I see it. Cavemen were the remnants of a destroyed empire. Yes. Please give me more of your insight. You have the right idea.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Lonewolf you make some interesting arguments.

I don't think there are too many records from before 12000 years ago simply because that is roughly when the last ice age ended. The entire northern hemisphere had been scraped clean by ice and then eroded and displaced by massive amount of flowing water from the melting ice. The ocean.levels rose almost 5 meters (15 ft). Climates everywhere. Changed rapidly. This we do know.
Now one of the most common thing I hear is that if there were a massive advanced.civilization around, surely those living in the southern hemisphere surely weren't affected right? There would be evidence, and there is.
Many massive structures have been unearthed in these areas from south america to africa. And we have only.scratched the surface. Nasa has used satellite imagry to find that we have only uncovered a small percentage of what is actually there. But they are primitive stone structures right. Also wrong. The engineering behind these structures rivals anything we can build today, and in areas almost impossible to build them in. Also many of the finds are controversial and many artifacts continue to baffle historians. We still can't even accurately date many of these structures.
So why wouldn't we find anything? Basically the ocean levels rising would have been an apocalyptic event. Humans build mostly close to the oceans. The major bulk of our populations live in areas that if the oceans were to rise would wipe out over 60% of us in one fell swoop. Its in our nature to live seaside. Now we have already discussed in this thread why the continuity of the current technology would be put on a low priority due to the need for survival so that doesn't need to be explained further but you have the slate cleaned in the northern hemisphere and a higher ocean level. The societal fabrics in the southern hemispere.would have been ripped apart due to this event. Massive loss of population in society, destruction of economy and trade, massive infrastructure losses. It would be a disaster and the current society would cease to exist. And now you have massive cities buried under dense jungle.areas that literally seem like they we're abandoned overnight for no apparent reason and no evidence to even suggest why. The overgrowth from the jungle and the massive sedementary layers over these structures for thousands of years have erased all but the stone structures.

When you start to put the pieces together it makes sense. Its why we figure the cradle of civilization is in north africa. The conditions were perfect for massive amounts of people to be able to survive such an event. Is it such a coincidence that this is the region where we find the oldest records of our civilization? No because this is literally where society was rebuilt. Ask yourself why it is that only that region thrived and advanced itself even though humans lived in massive numbers planet wide and had roughly the same amount of resources at their disposal? Let's not forget that modern civilization didn't have access to two of the largest continents until the last 500 years. How are we to know what transpired? All we have to go on are a few stories from races that were killed off rather quickly and tons of cities and artifacts we still to this day cannot fully explain. And we haven't even found all of it yet.

Oh and to your.next post.
Dinosaurs did kill eachother for food. Food.being the only resource they were able to utilize. That and territory. At the end of the day is that not what humans do? Religion, money, food, territory, oil, mineral resources etc are all essentially interests of ours that we use to maintain our ways of life. We wage war to.protect our interests, to gain more of these interests, and to deter others from infringing upon our interests. As advanced as we think we are our goals are no different than animals or even dinosaurs for that matter. Do you think that animals in nature kill each other in am honourable fasion or that it is always done for the greater good? Animals viciously kill one another. Some just to prove that they are better and stronger than the other. They let their weak suffer and die. They will leave the stragglers without. Sound like anybody you know??
edit on 11/8/15 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6

thanx for your comment...the more advanced we become the closer to self destruction we are...as i believe that each of us as individual beings are reincarnated over and over into different lives through the ages,as we are born,grow up,grow old, fall down and die and are reborn again and again...entire civilizations are also reincarnated over and over as well,each time into another era of technologically developing circumstances,they rise up,proclaim their greatness,create supposed wonders to help everyone,impose their iron will upon others and then crumble to the ground...just like what is happening to us here and now because in a little over fifty years we have "advanced" from propellar driven bi-planes to sr 71 black birds,from horse and buggies to nuclear powered aircraft carriers,from fire crackers to hydrogen bombs...the pace of our apocalyptic advance is truly frightening,almost like we are being driven this way,over and over again...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by blocula
www.bibliotecapleyades.net... i believe that human civilizations on earth have risen and fallen over and over again down through the ages. these now forgotten civilizations seem erased because of time,erosion,supression of information by the mainstream and the powers that be, who seek delusional refuge in knowing that their people are led astray from the truth and are trained to think and live half asleep. wandering lost in a fallen world of greed and blind denial of the fact that we've done this all before. we reach a point where we cant handle our own technology anymore and we self destruct. we recreate our own monsters again and again,they rise up and destroy their creators. atlantis is a good example of what i am saying and this self inflicted disaster is about to happen to us again.the twentieth century,a century of supposed progress and technological marvel is actually a century of neverending war,genocide and destruction on a scale far worse than all other periods in history combined. we have refined the demented art of killing off nature and eachother. if just five or ten nuclear power plants were to reach critical mass,break open and release their radioactive contents simultaneously,we would be in a horrible situation.the hellish risks that these things pose far outweigh their benefits and they should have never received the green light at all. we are being driven fast,without brakes,down a one way road of apocalyptic destiny that will result in our destruction once again...

There is no archeological evidence to suggest there were civilzations beyond 12,000 B.C.E., or if there is, it hasnt been discovered yet. You make bold accusations and back it up with no evidence. I'm not saying i totally disagree with everything you've said. Whatever green light youre talking about, i don't think this has anything to do with the comic book superhero Green Lantern. Humans have been killing eachother for quite a long time, yet there is no evidence to suggest that we have made war on eachother further back than 12,000 years.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net... theres page after page here in this link filled with evidence. at the bottom of the first page click on the word "return" and you'll see and read what i mean...
edit on 15-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Omg, you put it perfectly in one sentence, what I've been yammering at my girlfriend for weeks!!!

And, the various Indian tribes were likely what was left of major metropolis' like Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, etc, and they (clan) likely just assumed the name of the cities whence they came.

And, the 'conquerers' - always decendents, in some form or fashion of the elites that survived the last cataclysm - Ancient Sumeria, anyone? A civ that comes out of nowhere with phenomenal advances in agriculture, mathematics, law, etc...

Makes just a little too much sense.
edit on 8/15/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Plastic??????????
How do we know that our plastic will last 10,000 years? Has any one buried any plastic and went back and dug it up 10,000 later? We have had plastics for less than 50 years and really do not know how long they can last. Any one ever picked up an old bit of plastic and get a powder on there hands? That is the plastic breaking down. Plastic does last a really long time but no one knows just how long. I think the whole plastic lasting 10,000 plus years is more of an anti-littering thing than fact..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Bible even mentions something along the lines of "it's happened before and it will happen again"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join