It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Have we come that far, that people now believe others in trance more than empirical science??? Really? That's quite stunning and also a bit sad...

Dude, where you been?

They've been doing this here at ATS since I joined in 2005. And long before, no doubt, but I'm not wasting my time looking back to find out!

Harte

Probably. Good point

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hanslune says this thread is a waste of time and based on fringe stupidity.

Close thread please.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Close thread please.

It would improve greatly if you would try to defend your undefendable position and answer questions or provide evidence, but then you appear to just be trying to disrupt the thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Close thread please.

It would improve greatly if you would try to defend your undefendable position.

nuff said.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by blocula

You are just repeating yourself now blocula
edit on 1/10/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)
sometimes it takes multiple steel drill bits, to try and get through all the ignorance and denial...

the state and government "does not" tell the mainstream people the whole truth about anything...

the state and government controlls what is written in our school books and history books...

the information contained in those books, are of a fabricated history that fits their current belief structure, not the truth...that truth would set us free from their iron control and power, because we would realize that their exists beings with powers greater than they are...

and that truth would also reveal how the governments of the would, the royal bloodline elites, are working hand in hand with these beings, as part of a vast and sinister agenda...
edit on 2-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I have to agree with you on this.

I always thought there was something amiss with what they taught in schools when I started researching history on my own. Mythologies and human origins aside even lots of historical facts are purposely kept away from the general populace. Most subjects are unknown to most people and many have no interest in them. Yet with just a little searching one finds that history, including modern is filled with tyranny and injustices performed by none other than our beloved western societies that claim to be just.

History class was so cut and dry, it always left me wanting more. Teachers never answered any questions outside of what our textbooks contained. Its almost criminal. We only learn what they want us to learn.

This is fact.

Learning should be an experience that constantly evolves. Questions should always be asked. Nothing should be set in stone unless facts can provide 100% of the answer.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

sometimes it takes multiple steel drill bits, to try and get through all the ignorance and denial...

Why don't you try providing actual evidence? That may work better

the state and government "does not" tell the mainstream people the whole truth about anything...

Really, so the government of Luxembourg is hiding archaeological research from their people? I presume you are talking about the US? What about Denisova or hobbits? What is your evidence for this belief of yours? Should we just take it on your word?

the state and government controlls what is written in our school books and history books...

No text book publisher do and they use academics to do the work - explain how they are 'controlled'?

the information contained in those books, are of a fabricated history that fits their current belief structure, not the truth...that truth would set us free from their iron control and power, because we would realize that their exists beings with powers greater than they are...

Current belief system - so which current belief system is this? When was it set up? Okay tell us how if we knew Atlantis existed - how would this free us from 'their iron control and power'??LOL

and that truth would also reveal how the governments of the would, the royal bloodline elites, are working hand in hand with these beings, as part of a vast and sinister agenda

Oh my an evil macro conspiracy eh? Got any evidence for that?

Howdy Metaldemon 2000

History class was so cut and dry, it always left me wanting more. Teachers never answered any questions outside of what our textbooks contained. Its almost criminal. We only learn what they want us to learn.

If you are talking HS, yes you get a simplified version - as do all students in all countries - but then that is what libraries are for - strange isn't it that all the details can be found in books printed by the same publishers who make the text books.

Example how much information would you like a teacher to cover on the US revolutionary war? If you were to try and study every aspect of that war it would take you a life time...however you noted the solution - just read books, the grand conspiracy it would seem cannot keep 'the truth' from being published...
edit on 2/10/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
History class was so cut and dry, it always left me wanting more.

yes...i was never even taught one sentence worth of ww1 or ww2, korea or vietnam, in 12 years of "state and government controlled schooling"...nothing!...but on my own i have read at least a hundred historical modern war books...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Dr. Hilton Hinderliter of Apollo Campus Pennsylvania. State University, studied the evidence presented at the Glen Rose, who excavations and stated: "I would have to say that the belief in evolution is in a state of terminal illness but its death will only be admitted by a new generation of scientists whose minds have not been prejudiced by the type of education now prevalent in the nation's public schools, an education which starts with the belief that evolution has happened, which interprets all evidence according to that faith and simply discards any evidence which cannot be fitted into the evolutionary framework" (Quoted from "Dinosaurs" by Dr. Carl E. Baugh, 1987. Promise Publishing Co., Orange, CA 92667).

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

History class was so cut and dry, it always left me wanting more.

yes...i was never even taught one sentence worth of ww1 or ww2, korea or vietnam, in 12 years of "state and government controlled schooling"...nothing!...but on my own i have read at least a hundred historical modern war books...

I don't get your point - are you saying that the evil government is hiding world war 1 and 2 and the other wars from you? ??

Sounds more like a curriculum choice....where is the conspiracy and what does this have to do with:

Those We Call Cavemen Were Just What Was Left Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Dr. Hilton Hinderliter ....snip......

Thousands of such belief driven statements have been made the effect on the science behind evolution is nil.

There is a creationist forum on ATS perhaps you should go there?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

perhaps i should build a spaceship and then i could find another planet who's civilization and society is'nt based on lies, deceit, war, denial and economic repression...but i don't have the knowledge,or enough mega $$$ to hire those that do know how to build one...so...i am trapped...(*_*) !

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

perhaps i should build a spaceship and then i could find another planet who's civilization and society is'nt based on lies, deceit, war, denial and economic repression...but i don't have the knowledge,or enough mega $$$ to hire those that do know how to build one...so...i am trapped...(*_*)

You're the one using creationist opinions as 'evidence'. Ah a man mad at the world, well you can certainly hold the whole of mankind to account - for it is our collective fault, some more than others; as for an archaeological conspiracy to hide lost civilizations - there is no evidence that it exists and a great deal of evidence that if couldn't.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Dr. Hilton Hinderliter of Apollo Campus Pennsylvania. State University, studied the evidence presented at the Glen Rose, who excavations and stated: "I would have to say that the belief in evolution is in a state of terminal illness but its death will only be admitted by a new generation of scientists

You are all over the place man. First of all you are telling us that there were human civilisations millions of years ago, now you are quoting young earth creationists who think the planet is only 6000 years old. You have no coherence whatsoever - do you even look at your own links?

The only thing that seems to link the stuff you post is that it is nonsense.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
yes i am all over the place...i'm all over the 20 or so links that i put up throughout this thread ,that are filled with "supressed from the mainstream? information and evidence...read any?

there are those who deny the fact that we too, sooner or later, shall end up mostly destroying ourselves "again" and end up thrust backwards into a prehistoric state and those same people 'will deny any and all evidence" to the contrary. evidence that clearly shows that it has happened to us before,long,long ago...

and then there are those with an open mind, who are not afraid of the truth. who are aware of the government's deceitful ways. that also know that the fringe evidence that is discovered, is purposefully ridiculed, tossed aside and ignored...to keep the sheeple dumbed down and in the dark about their own history and existence...

do you even look at your own links?

that paragraph above, says that what we are told about evolution,is wrong and a lie.it did'nt mention humans being 6,000 years old anywhere...it's about the human/dinosaur fossilized footprints that were found near eachother. as well as a wood and metal hammer found in 75 to 100,000,000 year old rock!...www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The Bible also tells us that the world was created in six days, and fixes the epoch of this creation at about 4000 years before the Christian era. Previously to that period the earth did not exist. At that period it was produced out of nothing. Such is the formal declaration of the sacred text, yet science, positive, inexorable steps in with proof to the contrary.

The history of the formation of the globe is written in indestructible characters in the worlds of fossils, proving beyond the possibility of denial that the six days of the creation are successive periods, each of which may have been of millions of ages.

This is not a mere matter of statement or of opinion. It is a fact as incontestably certain as is the motion of the earth, and one that theology itself can no longer refuse to admit, although this admission furnishes another example of the errors into which we are led by attributing literal truth to language which is often of a figurative nature.

Are we therefore to conclude that the Bible is a mere tissue of errors? No; but we must admit that men have erred in their method of interpreting it.

edit on 3-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
the bible is a story book,written by elite people and used as a tool and a weapon to control their flocks of blind faith sheeple.the bible ia a collection of older babylonian and sumerian myths and legends.that are themselves taken from ancient race memories.like the flood tale,a distant memory of when the mountains of glaciers of the last ice age rapidly melted and flooded out coastal towns and cities...exactly where a lot of humanity lives right now,thanx to shipping and boating.don't we ever learn?

i live about 10 miles from the ocean and i don't like the idea of miles deep water being so close to me.i'm fairly safe though,unless an asteroid hit the atlantic or something like that.the town i'm in is 10 miles away and 120ft above sea level...thankfully.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The Bible also tells us that the world was created in six days, and fixes the epoch of this creation at about 4000 years before the Christian era. Previously to that period the earth did not exist. At that period it was produced out of nothing. Such is the formal declaration of the sacred text, yet science, positive, inexorable steps in with proof to the contrary.

The history of the formation of the globe is written in indestructible characters in the worlds of fossils, proving beyond the possibility of denial that the six days of the creation are successive periods, each of which may have been of millions of ages.

This is not a mere matter of statement or of opinion. It is a fact as incontestably certain as is the motion of the earth, and one that theology itself can no longer refuse to admit, although this admission furnishes another example of the errors into which we are led by attributing literal truth to language which is often of a figurative nature.

Are we therefore to conclude that the Bible is a mere tissue of errors? No; but we must admit that men have erred in their method of interpreting it.

edit on 3-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

What just totally frustrates me is that people want to compare the "why" with the "how" and then somehow fight their point as if they were one and the same.

Let's take the "why" for a moment. The Debate would be based mainly on the three areas of God, intelligent design and/or natural chaos theory. I would say this is a great debate and all three there would need some faith involved since we are not there yet to empirically pick one, so everyone should enjoy what their faith says to them....

Now with the "how". We have many way that the" how" can happen. Evolution, alien interaction, God does a magic trick and so on. The point is the "how" is not the "why" too. We can have all three together and they would fit nicely. As example: God made the universe and created other beings too who help augment Evolution on our plant to create us in God's Image. Evolution would be a tool of God as anything else would be...you know the "all knowing" thing.

The bible is actually pretty accurate in many ways, but to take everything totally literal is not the intensions of the book. As with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, the world of pure animal innocence. They take a bite of the apple from the tree of knowledge and lose that animal innocence and gain awareness, and so are kicked out of the animal world, I mean Garden of Eden, and are now Man. Great story of Man's evolutionary progression from animal to self-awareness with now the ability of good and evil choices, written by those with zero understanding of it.

In the end we need to separate the "why" from the "how" since the science of how the "how" works will fit with any of the "whys".

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
the 35 million year old chesapeake impact crater > en.wikipedia.org...

The bolide itself was completely vaporised, with the basement rock being fractured to depths of 8 km (5.0 mi), and a peak ring being raised around it. The deep crater, 38 km (24 mi) across, is surrounded by a flat-floored terrace-like ring trough with an outer edge of collapsed blocks forming ring faults. The entire circular crater is about 85 km (53 mi) in diameter and 1.3 km (0.81 mi) deep, an area twice the size of Rhode Island, and nearly as deep as the Grand Canyon. Numerical modeling techniques by Collins, et al. indicate that the post-impact diameter was likely to have been 40 km (25 mi), rather than the observed 85 km (53 mi).[2]

The surrounding region suffered massive devastation. USGS scientist David Powars, one of the impact crater's discoverers, has described the immediate aftermath: "Within minutes, millions of tons of water, sediment, and shattered rock were cast high into the atmosphere for hundreds of miles along the East Coast." An enormous seismic tsunami engulfed the land and possibly even overtopped the Blue Ridge Mountains. The sedimentary walls of the crater progressively slumped in, widened the crater, and formed a layer of huge blocks on the floor of the ring-like trough. The slump blocks were then covered with the rubble or breccia. The entire bolide event, from initial impact to the termination of breccia deposition lasted only a few hours or days. In the perspective of geological time, the 1.2 km (0.75 mi) breccia is an instantaneous deposit.

like it or not...deny it or not... it will happen again...any day of the week...en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
we are sitting ducks,too busy being posessed by greed and materialistic illusions that only turn to dust and blow away, too busy hurting and killing eachother, to find the time to think about and prepare for when we will be driven to the brink of extinction... again...link to the largest known asteroid impact on earth, with lots of color photos > www.hartrao.ac.za...
edit on 3-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join