It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
lol, cavemen had to be able to conceptualize things.

you think the hunter would go kill a rabbit for 12 people to eat and not figure out it's not enough?

or risk killing a mammoth for his family of 4?

so that kind of critical/mathematical thinking had to have started really early in our history.

if we ever do get sent back to the stone age, the basics of our intelligence won't disappear.

civilization would be messed up for a long time for sure. won't see an x-box for centuries!

but it shouldn't take 400,000 years to get a iphone either.
eta; 400,000

edit on 23-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy

one 200ft high tsunami in about 30 seconds to a minute, would crush and smash new york city and hurdle it back into the 1600s way of life for those thay may survive. if the earths axis tilted,and it did a long time ago, this type of event would send waves of this size and larger all over the world at the same time annihilating most of everything and everyone on earth very quickly
edit on 23-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Yes and it would leave a massive amount of wreckage inland that would become part of the archaeological record - a lot of things would not be washed away too, most of the subterrian modification, subways, piping even the cutting away of the bedrock on which Manhattan sits would show an intelligence at work.

Waves move stuff around and reduce it to rubble they don't 'dissolve it' - ancient tsunamis can be traced by the line of damage they leave inshore
many many generations would pass for the survivors to even begin to get themselves "on their feet" again,all their concerns would revolve around food shelter and clothing. not "lets go fix one of those tvs" "lets see if we can get a car running" < that world, filled with materialistic toys, that way of life would be gone.in the meantime all the wreckage would wither and rust fairly quickly.maybe this ancient civilization didnt live in a metal/paper/plastic world,then there wouldnt be much wreckage around...if there was, it might be flooded and dragged out into the deep ocean and be gone forever... forums.groundspeak.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes...I'm totally realizing that. Such a thing is exactly the scenario I'm envisioning....Are you telling me that you honestly believe people suffering in a sudden Ice Age would suddenly simply forget something as important as fire?!?!? Dear God....the 10% of people left wouldn't even make through the first year if they were that stupid! LOL

The only way I could imagine your scenario happening is that, if along with an Ice Age (or something equally catastrophic) there was also some sort of bizarre virus that only affected people of normal, and above normal intellect.....leaving only morons and imbeciles as the survivors. I have no Idea how such numbskulls could survive though......I dunno...I guess we'd have to include some aliens in this scenario to help them out or something. Yeah....honestly that's a pretty complex and crazy scenario. But it's literally the only one that could possibly explain people forgetting fire, and the wheel at a time when such things would be incredibly important to their survival.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknowsthe evidence of ramps etc is only in the valley of the kings not the great pyramid at gisa the reasons they couldnt and that the date doesnt fit with our human evolutionary timeline is A.it sits on a bedrock plateau and there isnt enough sand within a 5 mile radius to build ramps big enough and B.the date was chosen from pieces of pottery outside the second pyramid not the main one.we keep going on and on but we will not entertain the idea that the earths previous civilisations were not of human descent!this would mean that A we may actually have artifacts but they appear alien or unfathomable to us.B they had no need for the same technology as us.as for the science of archeology,it is the youngest so it is still falable,i keep saying in my posts to read the works of michael cremo and it will make this thread obsolete.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by maglyn
reply to post by steveknowsthe evidence of ramps etc is only in the valley of the kings not the great pyramid at gisa the reasons they couldnt and that the date doesnt fit with our human evolutionary timeline is A.it sits on a bedrock plateau and there isnt enough sand within a 5 mile radius to build ramps big enough and B.the date was chosen from pieces of pottery outside the second pyramid not the main one.we keep going on and on but we will not entertain the idea that the earths previous civilisations were not of human descent!this would mean that A we may actually have artifacts but they appear alien or unfathomable to us.B they had no need for the same technology as us.as for the science of archeology,it is the youngest so it is still falable,i keep saying in my posts to read the works of michael cremo and it will make this thread obsolete.

The ramps weren't made of sand. And the books I've got with photos of digs showing what's left of the ramps at the pyramids and digrams of how the pyramid were built are showing nothing of the valley of the kings as the books are about the great pyramids.
edit on 24-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
heres another link with "29 other links" within that show evidence of lost civilizations,pay close attention to the artifacts links..."all we do,crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see" www.nwcreation.net...

Hey I agree with you that everything would disappear. In fact science says that if we all disappear tomorrow you most likely would have never known we were here after a few thousand years as all man made structures would be gone. You see even the pyramids have been maintained to some level from the day they were made up to today. If they hadn't of been there'd be hardly any trace of them now and no trace in a few more thousand years. But there is no way we had reached a high level of technology before.

Did you know that the amount of people in the world today is about the amount needed to maintain this level of technology? It takes thousand of people to make one (1) pc mouse. One person needs thousands of people in order for that one person to go about his/her everyday business. So if there'd been a highly developed population in the past they would have been in the billions and there's just no evidence for that.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
lol, cavemen had to be able to conceptualize things.

you think the hunter would go kill a rabbit for 12 people to eat and not figure out it's not enough?

or risk killing a mammoth for his family of 4?

so that kind of critical/mathematical thinking had to have started really early in our history.

if we ever do get sent back to the stone age, the basics of our intelligence won't disappear.

civilization would be messed up for a long time for sure. won't see an x-box for centuries!

but it shouldn't take 400,000 years to get a iphone either.
eta; 400,000

edit on 23-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

Won't see an X box ever again as there would not be fossil fuels in order to make the plastics again for millions of years. You could never get at what's left with digging sticks.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
our general Idea of "caveman" is of a " barely capable of thinking past eat and sleep."
How is it that the powers that be at the time would say" it is time to wipe out this civilization"

that does not make any sense..
today in a community that can fully recognize right and wrong, yes I could under stand that thought process.
but a caveman.. no

Most "cavemen" didn't live in caves. And the ones who have left most evidence through cave art lived mostly in huts that they carried with them while roaming. Also these cave men from 40,000 years ago are us. The humans who painted the great cave painting and did the best flint knapping and used spear throwers are homo sapien sapien. The same homo sapien sapien who made the cross bow and the rifle and the ICBM. Cave men did not say ugg.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Well stated.

All these people saying 'we would not forget everything' simply don't understand the process of DE-volution.

Of course, You aren't going to forget the basics: fire, agriculture, hunting, foraging, defending, etc. (the immediate necessities)

AND, you will also know of amazing things like refridgeration, and planes, and xbox, and iphones - but 4 generations down the line from you, in a post-apocalyptic world, these technologies will barely function, if at all, and in 10 generations, they will merely be 'ancient artifacts' and intersting stories.

Invention, discovery, technological development, mass production, and the daunting task of starting a 'civilized' community/world, will start all over again (as it has before).

edit on 8/24/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by blocula

Yes...I'm totally realizing that. Such a thing is exactly the scenario I'm envisioning....Are you telling me that you honestly believe people suffering in a sudden Ice Age would suddenly simply forget something as important as fire?!?!? Dear God....the 10% of people left wouldn't even make through the first year if they were that stupid! LOL

The only way I could imagine your scenario happening is that, if along with an Ice Age (or something equally catastrophic) there was also some sort of bizarre virus that only affected people of normal, and above normal intellect.....leaving only morons and imbeciles as the survivors. I have no Idea how such numbskulls could survive though......I dunno...I guess we'd have to include some aliens in this scenario to help them out or something. Yeah....honestly that's a pretty complex and crazy scenario. But it's literally the only one that could possibly explain people forgetting fire, and the wheel at a time when such things would be incredibly important to their survival.
i doubt they forgot fire and i never said they did.if archeologists dig down in "one" area and proclaim "this is when we started using fire" that would be true for that area they were digging in,it doesnt mean that that date would hold up all over the world and who said that we forgot the wheel,we obviously have not forgotten it,look around. atlantis perhaps lived without fire or the wheel and when they were destroyed or destroyed themselves,the survivors,us ,"then" invented the wheel and harnessed fire...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by maglyn

how the pyramids that the egyptians built themselves may have used ramps.they were trying to copy,to emulate the pyramids at giza that were already there long before,perhaps built by the atlanteans. did you ever try building a stone wall with large rocks?...its incredibly difficult...going by the story we are led to believe, that the egyptians built the great pyramid in twenty years,would mean that they would have had to lay into place one "of the 2 million" od so blocks every 6 seconds!!! i...dont...think so...not without intervention anyways

The ramps weren't made of sand. And the books I've got with photos of digs showing what's left of the ramps at the pyramids and digrams of how the pyramid were built are showing nothing of the valley of the kings as the books are about the great pyramids.
edit on 24-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
our general Idea of "caveman" is of a " barely capable of thinking past eat and sleep."
How is it that the powers that be at the time would say" it is time to wipe out this civilization"

that does not make any sense..
today in a community that can fully recognize right and wrong, yes I could under stand that thought process.
but a caveman.. no

Most "cavemen" didn't live in caves. And the ones who have left most evidence through cave art lived mostly in huts that they carried with them while roaming. Also these cave men from 40,000 years ago are us. The humans who painted the great cave painting and did the best flint knapping and used spear throwers are homo sapien sapien. The same homo sapien sapien who made the cross bow and the rifle and the ICBM. Cave men did not say ugg.
the cavemen are us thats right,the bands of survivors after the last destruction and some people did use to live in caves...earth is 4 billion years old! any number of human or non human species had more than enough time to have arisen to an intelligent state...we are just one of them

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Well stated.

All these people saying 'we would not forget everything' simply don't understand the process of DE-volution.

Of course, You aren't going to forget the basics: fire, agriculture, hunting, foraging, defending, etc. (the immediate necessities)

AND, you will also know of amazing things like refridgeration, and planes, and xbox, and iphones - but 4 generations down the line from you, in a post-apocalyptic world, these technologies will barely function, if at all, and in 10 generations, they will merely be 'ancient artifacts' and intersting stories.

Invention, discovery, technological development, mass production, and the daunting task of starting a 'civilized' community/world, will start all over again (as it has before).

thanx for your comments SquirrelNutz, what you have to say in your replies are always intelligent and well thought out. our fancy gadgets would fade into the past as we focused on food,shelter and clothing.and think about this...why is it so hard for people to conceive of civilizations existing that "did not" live the way we do? they may have flourished in totally different ways than our own...we are so posessed by materialism that its hard for us to imagine anyone living any other way, < that shows how firmly the powers that rule and control have us locked into their mindset
edit on 24-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
how the pyramids that the egyptians built themselves may have used ramps,the pyramids that they built trying to copy,trying to emulate the great pyramids at giza,that were built a long time before,perhaps by the atlanteans. acording to the story we are led to believe,the egyptians built the great pyramid in 20 years,there are over 2 million blocks in that pyramid alone! and this means that they would have had to lay down a block EVERY 6 SECONDS!...i...dont...think so!...did you ever try building a stone wall with large rocks by hand,only using crow bars and shovels? i have,its incredibly difficult...if they actually did build the great pyramid and i dont think they did, then they had outside intervention,something or someone helped them. the escaped royalty of atlantis who became egypts kings and queens perhaps?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Well stated.

I'm not sure if you undertsand my stand on this debate or perhaps I'm not understanding yours but as I stated in earlier post I believe, and it's not a guess as I've researched this to the best of my ability which is actually pretty good, but I believe that this is the first time we've reached this level of technology and if we fall we won't ever make it back. Yes things will be recycled and I don't mean cars turned into dryers but what is left over will be used and re used for different purposes but it will be a deminishing return until one day there's nothing left.

yes things left over would become and odity but even that would disappear after a while

The natural resources that are left will be too hard to get at and we will end up in the stone age and never advance further because even somethng like flint has been so heavely mined you need heavy machinary to get at it today. The resources to advance will be out of reach.

Any technologically advanced society in the past would have used all the natural resouces like we have and there would have been nothing left for us so the fact that up to a couple of hundred years ago the resources were almost untouched means that we are the first to reach this level and because we've used so much of it, if we flop we'll never come back again. You can't make a spark with iron pyrite and flint if you can't get to what little is left and a society that has to rub sticks together to make fire won't go any further if it can't mine the resources and there'd be no easy to mine resources left.. It would take millions of years for those resources to replenish.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
how the pyramids that the egyptians built themselves may have used ramps,the pyramids that they built trying to copy,trying to emulate the great pyramids at giza,that were built a long time before,perhaps by the atlanteans. acording to the story we are led to believe,the egyptians built the great pyramid in 20 years,there are over 2 million blocks in that pyramid alone! and this means that they would have had to lay down a block EVERY 6 SECONDS!...i...dont...think so!...did you ever try building a stone wall with large rocks by hand,only using crow bars and shovels? i have,its incredibly difficult...if they actually did build the great pyramid and i dont think they did, then they had outside intervention,something or someone helped them. the escaped royalty of atlantis who became egypts kings and queens perhaps?

I understand your point I really do. But I think you underestimate human ability of old. And like I said they were farmers in summer and builders in winter and everybody was out to work on them. It was their social and religious duty to do so. I know it can be hard for us of today to imagine it but If God told us to build something and that meant thousands of us moving giant blocks by shear manpower we'd do it. And to the Egyptians pharaoh was God. The only thing I have trouble getting my mind around is that it took so long for these people to tell a ruling class to piss off.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
20 years to bulid the great pyramid = 1 block every 6 seconds.....40 years to build the great pyramid = 1 block every 12 seconds.....80 years to build the great pyramid = 1 block every 24 seconds > there are,138 pyramids discovered in egypt so far!...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Nevermind the fact that the egyptians recorded EVERything about their society in their gliphs, from agriculture, to law/governing, to medicine... not - One - Word - about the great pyramid.

And, the fact that the passage ways, tunnels, and shafts have cool misleading names like 'queens chamber' and 'kings chamber' are misnomers. No mummies or bodies were ever removed from the pyramids. Even if they were, they were PUT there after their construction - I know a guy that lives under a bridge, and he calls it 'home', that doesn't mean he built the damn thing(!)

I've gotten on board with the folks who think that it was a power plant of some kind - the awesome grandness of the construction, itself coupled with the internal design of the shafts, mixed in with the PERFECT measurements (to pi) and alignments (to other stars as well as it's shape), mathematically, and the unlikely ability to construct many facets of the inside.

The great pyramid WAS NOT built by (this iteration of) human hands. Period!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hi, just registered to the forum. I've read through the whole thread and found it a very interesting topic of discussion, and felt compelled to join in. Nice post OP, it is definitely a topic worth discussing!

Now to my input. I notice a lot of on going debate between who has been how advanced, when this was or if it has even ever happened. I surely believe that there have been several civilized societies through existence, up to what time in the past? I am not completely sure. There are too many massive structures that are built with extreme precision, unparalleled by our capabilities, not to believe that there have been people very knowledgeable much before the current time line. They may have been very civilized and knowledgeable, but not very materialistic or large in population in comparison. They may have not decided to spread everywhere like wildfire. But, they were intelligent and definitely civilized.

It seems the Gaza pyramids have been the most recent topic of discussion. I would like to direct your attention at this website theomnireport.blogspot.com... (about a 3 minute read). It explains how precise this structural building really is. It is the most impressive building ever made, that still stands.

The amount of knowledge of geometry, mathematics, astrology, elements and masonry, not to mention the sheer weight of some of the blocks (+70 tons) is mind boggling. The mere planning of this building must have taken years. Whom ever built this structure, had some serious use to this building - and judging other similar pyramids and structures, that are also aligned with astrology in mind, the conclusion I make is that astrology and allignment really meant something to these people... fascinating.

If you consider how the moon affects us and the planet (tidal waves, menstrual cycles, elevated crime at full moon etc.) then a higher knowledge of astrology and planetary placement could have been very beneficial.. especially if these guys were of a more spiritual background. All the great possibilities..

Anyway, long post. I find it all very interesting and have always wondered what has occurred in this world of ours through out its existence..

edit on 24-8-2011 by TeroK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am SO convinced that the ancient Sumerians (who were responsible for so many 1sts, technologically, arhictecturally, mathematically, economically, etc..) are the Elites that survived the last cataclysm, that (one time, awhile ago) I attempted to find a linear connection between the Sumerians of old and the Elites of today - I found one...

[originally posted, here]

_________

Let's start off with a known. A given....

The Bilderberg Group - an unofficial, annual, invitation-only conference of around 120-140 guests, most of whom are persons of great influence, wealth, and power. It is often viewed as the main Secret Society that governs all others. Its members have known affiliations with every other group (with secrets) from the Freemasons to Skull & Bones to Illuminati to the Council on Foreign Relations to the Tri-lateral Commission to the...

Bohemian Club - A collection of some of the most powerful men in the world who meet annually at Bohemain Grove, located at 20601 Bohemian Avenue, in Monte Rio, California for a three-week encampment where, among other things, they conduct a ceremony of worship to a mammoth statue of an owl, also known as...

Moloch or (Molech or Molich) - which was shortened from Bel-Moloch, or "the Bel," as in "Brotherhood of the Bell." This was a trend toward monotheism. Thus, the term Bel-Moloch referred to Moloch, to which all of the gods in the pantheon became a derivative aspect of their "great god", and Moloch is known to have stolen the most powerful of all the artifacts of the gods, the Amulet of Yendorleader from...

Marduk – a Mesopotamian / Babylonian God - “ruler of the cosmos” - who's known relatives / associates are...

Anu, Enki, & Enlil – ALL of whom (and more) are discussed in great detail and length in both: [A & B]

A) Robert Morning Sky's... Terra Papers – The supposed “lost history of mankind” (and planet Earth). Dictated/passed down to RMS by his grandfather who was one of six young Native Americans who witnessed the crash of a spaceship in 1947, shortly after the now-famous Roswell incident, and rescued a 'space being' (Bek Ti) from the wreckage, who conveyed this history to them while being nursed back to health. The story, that starts out sounding like fantasy straight from the movie, Star Wars, is replete with characters, and references (to the Annunaki, specifically, but more on that in a sec), that are well known throughout the...

B) Sumerian Culture – the “Sudden Civilization” that spawned around 4000BC in between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. They became the most advanced civilization on Earth, creating incredible developments in mathematics, science, astrology, architecture and agriculture and are credited with many inventions such as the early developments of the wheel, military weaponry and cuneiform, the first writing system in the world. Not only that, but they spoke often and about...
:
:
The Annunaki – the collective term for their deities meaning something to the effect of 'those of royal blood'. These Gods from the Heavens possessed incredible abilities and knowledge of human genetics. Enki created the first humans, AD.AM and EVE. Enlil created the land that was, ED.EN.

Whether or not you subscribe to Zecharia Sitchin's interpretation of ancient Sumerian 'texts' introduces an entirely new collection of beliefs that range from the amazing (yet, logical) to the bizarre.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join