It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those We Call Cavemen Were All That Remained Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We're all part Cylon. We flew the technology into the sun. Except Adama's ship. If we could just find his Raptor, then we can re-write the history books.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i think a very real problem with the rise and fall of man is in his very bi polar nature. the desire to create and then destroy. there is something fundamentally wrong with some humans that all they want to do is destroy the rest of us along with themselves.

Its like they have been corrupted or something. i cant understand why the powers that be dont use their influence and power to direct humanity to the stars. how can people so talented and educated and influential be so corrupt??? its retarded to play such a short term game. their selfish nature must know no bounds. they dont even care about their own kids futures.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Sorry, but I cannot buy it. Any truly advanced civilization will leave fingerprints on the land that will unmistakable. Although buildings facades may crumble, stone masonry work, foundations, metal implements, radioactive, and synthetics will survive in some recognizable matter for 10,000’s of years.

Google "Pumapunku" do your research and you will see the evidence all around you.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot
reply to post by blocula

Fantastic thread and topic. Thank you!

Bookmarked!

thanx for your comment...the last thing the governments want the their people to realize is that civilizations existed long ago that were equally or more advanced than ours,any opinions or evidence that goes against their agenda is ruthlessly supressed and ridiculed.history in our books and schools has been warped and twisted so this ultimate truth is kept out of our minds and away from our grasp. we are trained to think that our civilization is the most advanced ever and "no one could possibly have existed before that were greater than us"...why are people not allowed to dig under the sphinx when ground penetrating radar has proved that theres chambers down there,is it because what we would find out... that enlightened ones existed long,long before us and that they were taken over by sinister powers who start wars and destroy nature and those same dark powers control us to this very day and are sending us "over the edge" once again...what ever was under the sphinx in those secret chambers surely was dug up,taken out and carried away probably during world war one or two...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by blocula

First off, I didn't read the whole thread but I hope at least one person has pointed this out to you in these 8 pages...

Those that we call cavemen, the simple minded, heavy eyebrowed, slack jawed neanderthals are the survivors of the last time we destroyed ourselves?

The cavemen were the elite then? I think if it were true, we would take a leaf out the book that is being written now... namely, if there was any major disaster set to destroy the majority of mankind..it would be the rich, powerful and smart that would be most likely to survive.

Not the toothless hillbilly who married his sister.

So is this what you're saying? The cavemen were the smartest and most influential members of their society??

Really?

the image that we have of ice age pre historic man,with long shaggy hair wearing animal skins and hunting mammoths were the survivors of a disaster that happened long before the greeks or egyptians or sumerians.these people were suddenly thrown back to a stone age state,where status quo,money and cars and tvs are completly meaningless as we will find out someday. our warped history uses this as the start of our modern day society... i never mentioned neanderthals

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
S & F for you.
I love this theory, its kinda like the M theory.
It makes everything fit.

LOTZA LUV

link   
This is why the Civilization Test as I've briefly described it makes so much sense.

In order to reach type 2 as a civilization we have to reach planet-wide cooperation. Only a type 2 planet can escape or stop the reset event.

Humans are very, very dangerous to the Universe in our present state. We cannot cooperate even at the planetary level yet we do have the technology to begin colonizing space, if we really wanted to. If we did begin to move out into space and make contact with other life forms near our own level of development the chance of interplanetary war or devastating impact on another civilization is very possible, if not outright guaranteed.

Group A might agree on a "prime directive" approach but what if Stalin had sent the first pioneers into space who found an Earth like planet with a more primitive civilization living on it? What if the Nazi's had been the first?

As of 1945, with the development of the Atom Bomb, not to mention all the rumored technology developed by the Nazi's, our civilization reached the capability of leaving our planet and traveling to other solar systems. This is why the "watchers" as they have been called by many older groups of our species, began to make themselves much more apparent again around that time. One way or another they managed to convince the people in power that following through with project Orion would be a bad idea.

I really should take this concept to its own thread as it ties into so many things and explains so many questions, historic events, etc that I could literally go into details for the next year or so on this.
edit on 16-8-2011 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

www.bibliotecapleyades.net... i believe that human civilizations on earth have risen and fallen over and over again down through the ages. these now forgotten civilizations seem erased because of time,erosion,supression of information by the mainstream and the powers that be, who seek delusional refuge in knowing that their people are led astray from the truth and are trained to think and live half asleep. wandering lost in a fallen world of greed and blind denial of the fact that we've done this all before. we reach a point where we cant handle our own technology anymore and we self destruct. we recreate our own monsters again and again,they rise up and destroy their creators. atlantis is a good example of what i am saying and this self inflicted disaster is about to happen to us again.the twentieth century,a century of supposed progress and technological marvel is actually a century of neverending war,genocide and destruction on a scale far worse than all other periods in history combined. we have refined the demented art of killing off nature and eachother. if just five or ten nuclear power plants were to reach critical mass,break open and release their radioactive contents simultaneously,we would be in a horrible situation.the hellish risks that these things pose far outweigh their benefits and they should have never received the green light at all. we are being driven fast,without brakes,down a one way road of apocalyptic destiny that will result in our destruction once again...

There is no archeological evidence to suggest there were civilzations beyond 12,000 B.C.E., or if there is, it hasnt been discovered yet. You make bold accusations and back it up with no evidence. I'm not saying i totally disagree with everything you've said. Whatever green light youre talking about, i don't think this has anything to do with the comic book superhero Green Lantern. Humans have been killing eachother for quite a long time, yet there is no evidence to suggest that we have made war on eachother further back than 12,000 years.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net... theres page after page here in this link filled with evidence. at the bottom of the first page click on the word "return" and you'll see and read what i mean...IS ANYONE READING THROUGH ALL THE VAST EVIDENCE THAT IS CONTAINED IN THIS LINK? THERES MORE THAN JUST ONE PAGE HERE. AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST PAGE CLICK "ON" THE WORD "RETURN" AND THERES SO MANY THINGS THERE ITS UNBELIEVABLE

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
the answer to that problem is of course , to take a giant laser and write " hello we were here before " on the surface of the moon , and build something there for our next civilisation to look at !

like the gigantic face on mars...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

As Modern Humans Homo Sapiens AKA same AS US! have been claimed to be only on this Planet Earth

for 200,000+ Years ! Scientist Claimed we have Only began Crawling out of the Cave toward Civilization
at the start from Art as know in ( France Cave Paintings ) 10,000 years ago and written Language
Sumerian Txt as the Sumerians had Many First! in civilization 5,000+ year ago Then the progression was Sloowwww until the late 19th century as in the Beginning of the Industrial Age 100+
to what we have now of a Communication explosion of Invention ! In 100+ years Time

To Flying a Heavy then Air Machine (wright brothers) to landing on the Moon(Apollo 11) in 66 years time with the inspiration of a man called Jules Verne from writing a book in the 1850s called from Earth to Moon ! as NASA took for Granted ! Literately

From the Earth to the Moon
en.wikipedia.org...

if you did a Ratio !

say what you see from the late 19th century Industrial age to NOW!! thats 100+ years time!

and say if we did that from the Start 5 thousand years Ago ! Would WE !! Have Gone to Other Stars By NOW ! and Colonizing Other Star Planets! WE should be a Civilization Type 2 By Now ! at Least!

Dr. Michio Kaku about Future Civilizations

My Opinion ! is that there alot of Evidence of our Ancient PAst Of a World Civilization ! with so many similarity's
Around the World and the Total Unexplainable Guess Work of how Some Structures were created in the Old World & the New World Ruins and How they did it ! let alone Anchinet Mythologies to me are Mere Metaphors of what the Writers of story Tellers dont understand trying to explain to the best of their knowledge
of what they see ! its like Landing a Plane in New Guinea 70 years ago or a Untouched Stone Age Population on some island show them Modern Technology of the Time show them little things of Education then leave ! and come back a Couple decades!

This is How I See it !

how GOD and Religion created?

Well The Inca thought that Cor'tes was Their God Coming back to them ! Quetzalcoatl Right wasn't that Documented somewhere ! ??

Either Aliens from another World or a Higher Advance Humans Civilization that watch over US

Then there the Georgia Guidestones claiming that there will be a wipe out and only 500, million will be left on this planet!

Georgia Guidestones
en.wikipedia.org...

and Who may of Ordered the Guidstones Built ?

Some claim

Rosicrucianism
en.wikipedia.org...

As they have Strong connections of Freemasonary !

are we in the verge of destroying our selves again! or Some thing Will destroy us !

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by xyankee

Sorry, but I cannot buy it. Any truly advanced civilization will leave fingerprints on the land that will unmistakable. Although buildings facades may crumble, stone masonry work, foundations, metal implements, radioactive, and synthetics will survive in some recognizable matter for 10,000’s of years.

Ok How about we say even a million years, the earth has been around for about 4.5 BILLION YEARS. That means there could be even TEN MILLION years in between each civilization. I don't think there will be anything left after that number of years.

Humans have spread across the entire planet, colonizing every corner. But humans have really been on the planet for a fraction of the lifetime of the Earth. Archeologists estimate that modern humans have been on the Earth for about 200,000 years. That is a tiny second of time compared to 4.5 BILLION.
thanx for your comment....and probably 95% of the archeologists that you mention ^^^ are paid by the state or government and their opinions and the evidence they unearth has to meet strict prearranged guide lines or it will be snuffed out.so who knows how long we've really been around...

And here I was thinking that most archeologists and anthropologists were funded by universities which are for the most part funded by students and share holders.
funded by the "elite" and the "beautiful people" while 95% of humanity are kept in the darkness of lies and warped and altered history

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
the next human civilization will have to deal with an energy deficient, metal deficient lifestyle.

since we have plundered the planet of the "low hanging fruit", whether it be oil, coal, natural gas,
iron ore, in fact most minerals, the future will make the dark ages look prosperous.

hopefully the inheritors of this future disaster will soon forget us, the people who stripped the
planet clean.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by xyankee

Ok How about we say even a million years, the earth has been around for about 4.5 BILLION YEARS. That means there could be even TEN MILLION years in between each civilization. I don't think there will be anything left after that number of years.

Humans have spread across the entire planet, colonizing every corner. But humans have really been on the planet for a fraction of the lifetime of the Earth. Archeologists estimate that modern humans have been on the Earth for about 200,000 years. That is a tiny second of time compared to 4.5 BILLION.
thanx for your comment....and probably 95% of the archeologists that you mention ^^^ are paid by the state or government and their opinions and the evidence they unearth has to meet strict prearranged guide lines or it will be snuffed out.so who knows how long we've really been around...

And here I was thinking that most archeologists and anthropologists were funded by universities which are for the most part funded by students and share holders.
we all know very well that the evidence they find and the opinions they share are not allowed to stray away from tptb's pre -arranged agendas.we arent suppose to stray off the beaten path..."yes sir,no sir... work and die"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I think about this kind of stuff a lot and w/ the Nibiru theories floating around a possible answer came to me while thinking up new plots for future science fiction books I hope/ plan to write. I won't go into the details of where this came from or why I believe it right now.
Here's the short story version.

The Civilization Test
Across our galaxy, in another solar system much older than ours, humans evolved over millions of years to a point where there were no more questions to be answered, no more challenges to face. The very building blocks of life, thought and what we would call a "soul" were mastered. These people live forever and have mastered technologies which would still look like magic to us.

At some point in their past, after they began to colonize the Universe, met other life forms both benign and evil, fought wars between planets and then galaxies, they came to a realization about the limitations of their own development. As it happened, there were still questions without answers and places even they with all their technology and ancient wisdom could not reach. Leaving out a lot of detail, they realized that it was better to colonize using older, pre-technology versions of themselves. Primitive humans would be placed on ready and terraformed planets and even solar systems, allowed to thrive or die (most often they thrived but not without some adjustments here and there) and watched, observed, studied.

Take this experiment on the planet Earth, for example. The goal of this one is for the humans to evolve to a type 2 civilization on the Kardashev scale within a time limit of approximately 25000 years. This time limit is enforced via the use of an artificial cataclysm, namely the approach of an object on an elliptical orbit sufficient to come around about that often, reverse the poles of the planet and cause enough damage to reset any civilization on the planet back to zero.

Of course, the humans on this planet have failed the test many times which is part of the program. Only the use of such a "mechanical" system will push evolution of the test subjects with all the intricate balance required. (They did try to develop humans in the lab but the complexities are such that often recessive traits which are terminal to the species may not be apparent for thousands of generations). Only the civilization test is able to produce the ideal specimens.

They evolve more and more rapidly and have made amazing leaps of technology in past civilizations but still not managed to overcome the recessive traits of corruption, greed, selfishness. Even now, they have type 2 capabilities which are kept secret for the benefit of a very small number of humans who believe they will survive the next reset period at the expense of many others. Unfortunately this is not to be and the test will soon begin again....

this experimental earth and everyone and everything on it was taken over by dark and sinister powers...obviously...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
Hmm now this has me thinking.
I always wondered about things like those ancient batteries, I mean, why make one? Unless you are a survivor of some cataclysm and need to power a radio or something...

Because they might not be batteries at all? The experiments done using the 'batteries' required the artefacts to be considerably altered.

the bitumen completely covers the copper cylinder, electrically insulating it, so no current can be drawn without modifying the design; there are no wires or conductors with them

They might in fact just be storage containers for scrolls....

a bitumen seal, being thermoplastic, is excellent for forming a hermetic seal for long term storage. It would be extremely inconvenient however for a galvanic cell, which would require frequent topping up of the electrolyte (if they were intended for extended use).

The artifacts strongly resemble another type of object with a known purpose—namely, storage vessels for sacred scrolls from nearby Seleucia on the Tigris. Those vessels do not have the outermost clay jar, but are otherwise almost identical. Since it is claimed these vessels were exposed to the elements, it would not be at all surprising if any papyrus or parchment inside had completely rotted away, perhaps leaving a trace of slightly acidic organic residue.

link

I thought these artefacts were batteries until fairly recently but (as disappointing as it is) I'm not so sure now

edit on 16/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
More on this thought [below]: "It would not take very long for our civilization to de-volve, under the right circumstances - think about it."

Moreover, think about our own 'evolution' as a civilization, 'this time around' - let's assume for a moment, that we have, as a civilization, only been on this planet 6,000 yrs (if you want to go longer, it only supports my argument, further)...

Over 95% of all technological advancements have occurred in less then 5% of our existence on this planet - less than a mere 200 years ago, we had only 'evolved' roughly 3.5% of where we've come, now. That is to say, we were much, much closer to our 'caveman ancestors' (or, survivors of the last cataclysm) a mere 200 years ago, than we are, today - so, why would this notion seem 'farfetched' to anyone, is beyond me.

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
Sorry, I keep expanding on my thought, though...

To add on to...

reply to post by blocula

Omg, you put it perfectly in one sentence, what I've been yammering at my girlfriend for weeks!!!

And, the various Indian tribes were likely what was left of major metropolis' like Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, etc, and they (clan) likely just assumed the name of the cities whence they came.

And, the 'conquerers' - always decendents, in some form or fashion of the elites that survived the last cataclysm - Ancient Sumeria, anyone? A civ that comes out of nowhere with phenomenal advances in agriculture, mathematics, law, etc...

Makes just a little too much sense.
edit on 8/15/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

Take it a step further, and you have real evidence for the need for other conspiracies, as they relate to 1) the procurement of money/resources, so that 2) preparations can be made and 3) the masses can be controlled and dealt with as the time nears, so as not to thwart the survival attempts of the 'extremely fortunate.'

And, the only evidence of our past civilizations - if you've ever watched "Life After People" you know that even the most robust of human inventions - like a steel I-beam - would be gone after a mere couple thousand of years. That's why our ancestors left behind clues/monuments in stone that they knew would stand the test of time... hence the importance of... masonry (but I'm just spitballing, here)

It would not take very long for our civilization to de-volve, under the right circumstances - think about it.

I'll give you a (very real, somewhat imminent) scenario: Nuclear pollution - either, by detonation due to war, terrorism, or due to power grid going down (power plant meltdowns) - take your pick here, it's all bad (and, all possible). We're talking annihilation, and isolation. On a large scale. For a very long time - think what it means to live without electricity for a moment (assuming, you've survived the nuclear poisoning) - forget about the Internet, and air conditioning, for a moment, I mean... REALLY... think of a life without electricity... and a broken infrastructure... and, a 'mad max' mentality of tribal survival....

Now, we've got all these people who collectively have knowledge of awesome things like television, and automobiles, and refrigerators, and... Things that fly in the sky(!)... but so what - with everything in shambles, and no way to manufacture replacements... Eventually, knowledge is lost. And, until knowledge can be 1) re-invented (or, 'discovered'), and 2) disseminated amongst the masses, the awesome and daunting task of becoming a civilization must begin, yet again...

*sigh*

ALL it takes... is for the power to go out for a few days. Long enough for people to realize that it ain't gonna be coming back on, anytime soon.

When you have NO Electricity, EVERYthing comes to a grinding halt.

Transportation
Commerce
Food (preservation, delivery, harvesting, etc)
Communication
HEALTHCARE/Sanitation
Refrigeration
Plumbing (water AND waste)
Information
Protection
:
:
:
[would this list ever end? Seriously, THE most important discovery, Ever!]
:
:

Think about it: The lights are never going to come back on - your previous life is not going to be restored!

Now, deal with that despair on top of everything you just lost, and the survival mode you have to be able to kick into.

This thought is inconceivable to most, and the fact is, there are already people living like this on our planet, today - I guess they know how to deal with it better than us spoiled industrialized nations - they will probably survive. I guess that's where the whole 'blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth' comes from, no? ha ha

[And this could all happen if the little ol' light bulb 93 million miles away decides to "burp", someday(!)]

Hmmmm....

[insert any 1 of a zillion clips out there of Michio Kaku and a ton of others talking about the upcoming CME]

edit on 8/16/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
"thanx for your comment....and probably 95% of the archeologists that you mention ^^^ are paid by the state or government and their opinions and the evidence they unearth has to meet strict prearranged guide lines or it will be snuffed out.so who knows how long we've really been around... "

I'm sorry, that's absolute nonsense. I'm an archaeologist, a lot of my friends and colleagues are archaeologists. There is not even the slightest 'pre-arranged government guide line' for anything we research or publish.

Everything has to meet the standards of scientific enquiry. (A standard that I might add the likes of Graham Hancock fall well below.) But to imagine there is some great archaeological conspiracy is I am afraid well beyond the bounds of the believable.

There is no conspiracy in archaeology.
you know that zahi guy who runs the egyptian pyramid site,i watched someone ask him if there was any way possible that the pyramids and sphinx might be a lot older then we think they are and his response was...NO!! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Very interesting thread. I truly believe that there have been civilisations on Earth long before our current one. Were they even human? Who knows. But certainly, the Earth has been around for many million years, and every now and again there are certain inconsistencies (and sometimes even weird evidence) found in archaeology and history, things which suggest we are not the first intelligent species to rule this planet.

For anyone interested in science fiction, Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter co-wrote a novel called 'The Light of Other Days'. The premise is actually about the human discovery and mastery of wormhole access; wormhole 'cameras' allow people to see anything/anywhere on Earth instantly; this is first utilised as a means of reporting news instantly, but as it grows and becomes more accessible by the public it begins to negate all social norms regarding privacy, truth/lies, personal responsibility, and many other interesting developments. I loved the novel, and found it had a certain resonance given the constant acceleration nowadays towards faster and faster delivery of news/media.

However, as the very physic of wormhole access in the novel are quantum-based, they discover that the wormholes also allow the user to see anything and anywhere in the past also. I'll not ruin it for anyone, but a few things touched on here about previous civilisations on Earth are explored in this part of the novel in a very interesting and well thought out way.
edit on 16-8-2011 by elgaz because: spelling error

edit on 16-8-2011 by elgaz because: Spelling error

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
"thanx for your comment....and probably 95% of the archeologists that you mention ^^^ are paid by the state or government and their opinions and the evidence they unearth has to meet strict prearranged guide lines or it will be snuffed out.so who knows how long we've really been around... "

I'm sorry, that's absolute nonsense. I'm an archaeologist, a lot of my friends and colleagues are archaeologists. There is not even the slightest 'pre-arranged government guide line' for anything we research or publish.

Everything has to meet the standards of scientific enquiry. (A standard that I might add the likes of Graham Hancock fall well below.) But to imagine there is some great archaeological conspiracy is I am afraid well beyond the bounds of the believable.

There is no conspiracy in archaeology.
have you read any of the fifty pages or so that i put up in the link that shows soooo much forbidden evidence that its simply fantastic?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I dont know if this has been mentioned or not BUT wouldn't our satellites or some of our space junk survive?
hmmmmm

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join